Fallout 4
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-16 17:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Hilariously following this announcement the Season Pass for Fallout is #1 seller on steam and is beating out Dark Souls III.

Bethesda basically held a gun to our wallets and threatened to shoot if we didn't buy the Season Pass now.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-02-16 17:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
I'll never buy another from game after the bloodborne ps4 exclusive debacle.

How is it a debacle when Sony paid them to make the game for the PS4 alone. Sony paid FromSoft to make Demon's Souls too. The game may not exist if they didn't pay for it. Platinum games was paid to make bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. Else the game wouldn't have been made.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-16 18:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
I'll never buy another from game after the bloodborne ps4 exclusive debacle.

How is it a debacle when Sony paid them to make the game for the PS4 alone. Sony paid FromSoft to make Demon's Souls too. The game may not exist if they didn't pay for it. Platinum games was paid to make bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. Else the game wouldn't have been made.

They paid them to make it exclusive for one year. From planned to port it to PC and Xbox, but when they announced it, the ps4 community went nuts. From could have ported it, but they bent to pressure and announced they wouldn't. That's why I won't buy any more games from them. If it were halo or a series that was historically a Sony exclusive it would be a different story, but even Halo had a PC port.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 07:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone picked up Far Harbor and what they're thinking about it?

I'm personally loving the new weapons. New armor is meh to look at.

Story content feels pretty solid so far, but I've only done a handful of quests in Far Harbor and arrived/looted/did some shopping in Acadia.

Because feeding my kleptomania with adhesive and aluminum and then buying new weapons is obviously the priority.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-23 08:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely not underwhelming.

Once you get a settlement up and running send one of the first settlers off to caravan with your main one in the Commonwealth.
That will make life slightly easier.

There are some interesting side quests. Tons of unmarked locals with packs of enemies.

The harpoon gun is pretty awesome and fairly annoying/devastating when used against you.

Anglers make Deathclaws feel like chumps, same with Fog Crawlers.

I don't like the Children of Atom faction much but I do like their armor and aesthetic in this expansion.

Also, if Longfellow is your companion; every chance it pops up in the dialogue wheel pump people for more caps. He likes that.

The story line feels like a parallel with the main game, but feels more like it should have been the plot of the main game the way it's executed.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 08:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
It's definitely not underwhelming.

I missed the "not" at first and was about to start a fight because I've found that I really dig it so far even though I've barely scratched the surface.

My experience with Anglers/Fog Crawlers is limited thus far to the storyline encounters at The Hull and the few you come across on your trek up the hill with Longfellow.

I haven't taken him as a companion yet, though I will before too long I guess. I wanted to keep Nick around for the quests though. Felt appropriate.

The CoA are, and always have been, irritating and I don't see that getting any better this time around.

Also, if Longfellow is your companion; every chance it pops up in the dialogue wheel pump people for more caps. He likes that.

Good. I really hate when companions dislike that. Every time they do I'm like "WELL THEN LET'S SEE HOW YOU FEEL WITHOUT AMMO AND STIMS."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-23 08:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also be wary when engaging camps at Radio Towers, I wont say more because I don't want to spoil the surprise. Let's just say somebody wanted to troll the players hard especially those playing on survival mode.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 08:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is I've got to pack as much playtime in this week as possible, because Blood & Wine comes out next week and that's going to be another 140+ hour play through of The Witcher 3 and nothing else will happen in my life until I finish that.

Also I picked up Styx on sale on steam this weekend because at $7.50 it seemed like a good deal and like the kind of game I'd like to play. Though it's going to have to wait until F4 and TW3 content get thoroughly explored.

Much gaming to keep me busy!
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 09:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally forgot this came out and that I downloaded it already.

I'm at the point in FO4 where the last DLC was ZERO fun because I am level 80+ now, BUT I find no joy in starting a new character over.

Maybe someday when all the DLC are out or after I corrupt my save with hentai mods, I will start over and get some enjoyment out of it all.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 09:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile I was like, "I don't want to do new content with the last character I finished the story with so let's just start a new character and console command our way to where we left off..."

"player.modav experience 25000" x5-6 *** (I suggest starting off with 9-10 incriments of 1000 first, though, otherwise the exp bar scrolls really slowly).

Of course, when that's the only console cheat you're using you find out that trying to fight Raider Survivalists with your beginning-of-game 10mm is a challenge in and of itself.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-23 09:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I totally forgot this came out and that I downloaded it already.

I'm at the point in FO4 where the last DLC was ZERO fun because I am level 80+ now, BUT I find no joy in starting a new character over.

Maybe someday when all the DLC are out or after I corrupt my save with hentai mods, I will start over and get some enjoyment out of it all.

Not to worry this DLC gives lvl121 players a run for their money. It scales very well.

Mental note: Need to finish witcher3 sometime soon.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 10:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mental note: Need to finish witcher3 sometime soon.

Quit with the F4 and do that first!

I played F4 on release and took a while to get around to The Witcher 3, but the fact is...it definitely beats out F4 -- and anything else -- for game of 2015. For me anyhow.

Amazing game. The closest thing to a perfect game I've ever played, imo.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-23 10:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh witcher 3 with its DLCs is still looking to be goty 2016 for me too
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Wasn't that released in 2015?

Holy *** ignore me.

my god damn brain
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-23 10:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, comes out in 7 days

:)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 10:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Hearts of Stone was neat. The whole wedding reception is full of lots of fremdschämen so that was hard for me. But the story is solid.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-23 10:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

HMMM I never thought of that, can a DLC/expansion released in the next year allow a game to win GOTY in a year that the main game was not released?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-23 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it depends. When the DLC is basically longer and more detailed than most retail release games these days I think it has enough merit to stand on its own.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-23 10:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

HMMM I never thought of that, can a DLC/expansion released in the next year allow a game to win GOTY in a year that the main game was not released?

I'd think the DLC itself would have to win it? I mean, does it even matter? Who truly decides "GOTY" aside from publications/organizations that suppose their own legitimacy to do so anyhow?

For me (And I assumed Proth) we're just speaking for our own enjoyment.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 08:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bumping this thread (again, heh, I guess I have a problem).

Wanted to see what mods people are digging on now that they're out there for the masses?

I know there have been the mod-theft issues and that's lamentable, but still there are legit modders out there and wondering what people are liking.

I'm personally loving the user-generated radio stations. Particularly the "Old World Radio" that has the Tumbleweed Tunes radio station with the Sam Elliot-inspired host.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-22 09:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

#1 Mod is the mod the makes it so you can get achievements while using mods. lol
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 09:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

#1 Mod is the mod the makes it so you can get achievements while using mods. lol

Hah. Yeah, I should probably pick that one up.

I just don't care about achievements that much though, and I had 71% of them before I modded at all, soooo.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-22 09:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Hah. Yeah, I should probably pick that one up.

I just don't care about achievements that much though, and I had 71% of them before I modded at all, soooo.

I have been 100% right up until they made it so you don't get them if you have mods active, which is dumb. Either way I am actually playing vanilla (barf) for my current playthrough on an entirely new character so that hopefully when I get to Far Harbor I don't blow its butthole out and not have any fun with it.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 09:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For basic functionality I like the mod that lets you use ballistic fiber on any clothing that isn't armor. I prefer to use a black BoS uniform under my armor and it always made me mad I couldn't use ballistic weave on it.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-22 09:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There is also a mod, Man's Best Friend (I think), that makes it so you can have Dogmeat as well as another companion. Different from most follower overhauls since it isn't letting you just have as many followers as you want, or makes you run a script each time you want to add someone. It just plays off what seems to be the fact that Dogmeat was supposed to be a secondary companion the whole time (skills, voice lines that normally are unused, and the fact that other companions react to you healing Dogmeat).

It is nice because it feels more like a fix than a mod, doesn't make anything overpowered etc. If you go with that I would recommend trying a mod that makes it so Dogmeat doesn't cry when he gets attacked though, since that is super sad face :(

I prefer low-impact mods like that until I get to like level 50ish and want to be overpowered.

ENBs and whatnot... Proth would need to speak on that, I never got them to work in Skyrim so I never touched them in my game.

I do like the look of some of the green mods, the ones that make the plantlife a little more... alive. I dig the post apocalypse aesthetic, but I like to imagine sometimes too that nuclear radiation would cause some plant life to flourish, and even become overgrown (like Vault 22 in New Vegas).
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-22 12:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to use mostly graphical and quality of life mods. Better storms is amazing for atmosphere, armorsmith is nice for the ability to choose a legendary modification instead of grinding the same legendary enemy for hours and to equip armor over clothing you like aesthetically and make it invisible.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 12:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It is nice because it feels more like a fix than a mod, doesn't make anything overpowered etc. If you go with that I would recommend trying a mod that makes it so Dogmeat doesn't cry when he gets attacked though, since that is super sad face :(

This is why Puppy stays back home in Sanctuary safely behind 400+ defense worth of turrets in his doghouse next to buddy Junkyard Puppy.

I'll subject my human and robot companions to gunfire and my suicidal leaps across rooftops.

But Puppy doesn't deserve the evils of the Wasteland.

He just chills out with his bandana and his goggles, being awesome.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 12:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to use mostly graphical and quality of life mods. Better storms is amazing for atmosphere, armorsmith is nice for the ability to choose a legendary modification instead of grinding the same legendary enemy for hours and to equip armor over clothing you like aesthetically and make it invisible.

I like the uniform overhaul (iirc that's what it's called) b/c it lets you make armor invisible and wear it over anything so I can rock my Minutemen General outfit or Kelogg's Outfit.

It's a little OP, but not overly so.

I try not to swap legendary stuff even though I have that mod enabled because it feels too easy, but I do have the increased legendary incidence mod.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll subject my human and robot companions to gunfire and my suicidal leaps across rooftops.

Apropos to this: Codsworth really, really hates trying to keep up on rooftop adventures.

[Your companion is in trouble!]

"...use your thruster, you ***."
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-22 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the uniform overhaul (iirc that's what it's called) b/c it lets you make armor invisible and wear it over anything so I can rock my Minutemen General outfit or Kelogg's Outfit.

It's a little OP, but not overly so.

I try not to swap legendary stuff even though I have that mod enabled because it feels too easy, but I do have the increased legendary incidence mod.

I have one character that's my legit vanilla one and I grinded and grinded for the exact legendary mods I wanted in every slot. I went back to side with other factions, so I have a few weapons I obtained later than those branching points that I manually created the weapons on those saves. I've already obtained then legit, I'm not grinding them out again on that character.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23