Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2015-11-21 19:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
Ackeron said: »
Found my first wild Behemoth and Mirelurker Queen. Not at the same time thank god but still, they were each a hell of a fight.

Currently Lv40, how about you guys?
theres i think 2 more behemoths and swan < a named one that drops an awesome unique named fist weapon> you need to kill for the Harder they fall trophy/achievement

When I first encountered Swan I was like the hell is that, one of the most oddest things I've ever seen in my life... looked like something you couldn't take seriously enough to kill instead I just laughed at it for a good minute, then put it out of its misery for wearing that ridiculous outfit.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-21 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone playing on PC, can you help me with the following?

- How to use the flashlight. I did it once by accident, and could never figure it out again.

- How zoom in on a target and select the target (head, torso, etc). I've just been trying to shoot by aiming with the mouse and hoping I hit the guy.
By Ackeron 2015-11-21 19:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
For anyone playing on PC, can you help me with the following?

- How to use the flashlight. I did it once by accident, and could never figure it out again.

- How zoom in on a target and select the target (head, torso, etc). I've just been trying to shoot by aiming with the mouse and hoping I hit the guy.

Flashlight - Hold Tab

V.A.T.S. - Press Q
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-21 20:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I had a fun night playing Fallout, found a dump site with loads of mole rats that had a sniper rifle hiding inside, I then found and killed the legendary Jackal, followed by sniping a red spot on a Super Mutant's hand which turned out to be an explosive.

Which made sense when I collected the spoils and his name was "Suicider Super Mutant"

EDIT: Sorry, Legendary Mongrel, I'm clearly getting MGS and Fallout mixed up.

If you want to find Hell on Earth, There's a place near the Jamiacan Centre (bottom Right Quad of map), I hope you enjoy relentless wtf hoardmode.

Or for those truly insane...
Jamiacan was fun, but for your spoiler,

Anyone else have a companion body slam people when they get into melee range? ***is amazing! I just want them to shout, "OH YEAH!!!" like the Machoman.

True however! I had not managed to find one and was like "*** it", that ***got kinda obscene real fast.....
 Fenrir.Ixn
Server: Fenrir
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2015-11-21 23:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I started up the game and came back to this.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-22 20:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So I found a place called Dunwich Delves, and I was like... no way, can't be. Yes way. And the hidden reward at the end is *** amazing.

Amazing.

Also, made this.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-23 10:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
So, incest.

I can only assume this is a spoiler of some sort! (doesn't matter, I'd have foolishly clicked it open anyhow. Now I'm just going to be worried about anyone I think about making romantic passes at!)

--
I snagged a pretty sweet little 10mm from a legendary radroach with the "neverending" title affixed to it, which basically means no reloading, however much ammo you have is what your magazine holds.

It's pretty great for dispensing of bugs and the like and being my standard walkin' 'round gun.

Starting to get annoyed with my legendary drops though. I keep getting right arms. I don't need any more right arm armor. How about the rest of my body, guys!?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-23 11:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of armour are you guys rolling with atm? I currently just whack on the best armour I find but since I like to be stealthy and considering weight, I'm thinking of switching to a full light build.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-23 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of armour are you guys rolling with atm? I currently just whack on the best armour I find but since I like to be stealthy and considering weight, I'm thinking of switching to a full light build.

After three restarts (because I'm weird like that and it takes me a while to settle on a character I'm happy with), I finally settled on my first wanderer, so I'm a little behind you guys in terms of content, but I'm working with largely the strongest leather gear I can patch on myself, though I've got a metal leg plate that increases movement speed, so I keep that around.

There is a way to mod even heavier armor to increase your stealth though, so I wouldn't write off any good perks you find on metal for that reason exclusively.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So I found a place called Dunwich Delves, and I was like... no way, can't be. Yes way. And the hidden reward at the end is *** amazing.

Always love a good Lovecraftian reference.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-23 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggestions for a good sniper rifle? I'm level 12 and using the one bought in Goodneighbor at the moment.

Was awesome, and probably lucky, headshotting/one-shorting a Legendary Raider at level 11.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-23 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you have Science 1 and Gun Nut 2 I'm pretty sure you can max out the hunting rifle into your standard .308 sniper.

Anything fancier I couldn't tell you, as that's right about where I am myself at level 17 (though you can do it as early as 13 if you take Gun Nut 2 as soon as it's available).
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-23 17:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a mix of shadowed and stabilized combat armor and leather armors. Whenever I get a legendary affix on a piece of armor i just check if it would suit my build and then i shadow it and stabilize the arms(IDK what I have running on my legs, Deep Pocketed I think).

Also, even if you don't plan to ally yourself with them, do some quests for the railroad to unlock ballistic weave.
By Ackeron 2015-11-23 17:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggestions for a good sniper rifle? I'm level 12 and using the one bought in Goodneighbor at the moment.

Was awesome, and probably lucky, headshotting/one-shorting a Legendary Raider at level 11.
The Hunting Rifle is the best you can get for ballistic damage WITH decent ammo availability.

A maxed out Combat Rifle is second due to lower damage.

Best you can get overall for snipers is the Gauss Rifle, but ammo is scarce and EXPENSIVE. When maxed out this thing can 1 shot Power Armor users and most everything else.

It also can be silenced lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-23 17:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can mod a Combat Rifle to use .308 and .38
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-23 18:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My weapons,

Ambush - (DMG 154) Maxed out hunting Rifle with the bonus effect of + Acc and AP cost when outside of Combat.

Le Fusil Terribles - (DMG 239) Maxed out Combat shotgun with +25% Damage, increased Limb damage, and increased recoil.

Gel Maker - (DMG 463/24) Maxed out Gauss Rifle with added Plasma Damage

Swift Shot - (DMG 137) Maxed Out Combat rifle with + Movement speed while aiming. (Reflex sight as this is used for on the fly aiming.)

The Distant Knocker - (DMG 144/144) Maxed Out Plasma Rifle with a high chance to knock down targets.

Aside from the plasma rifle all are silenced and aside from the Shotgun I named the rest myself >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-24 01:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavily recommend each and every one of these mods. Greatly increased performance and fidelity (both sound and graphics). I honestly got huge FPS stability improvements and the game looks better than vanilla with these optimizations installed properly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-24 03:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So I went underneath the Castle, well I had already been before and ran away when I encountered Sarge but this woman dragged me under there again.

Eventually was able to get Sarge, he is very prone to getting stuck inside the room he is in so you can go out the room and either peek in and take a couple shots or chuck grenades at him.

Then I got the Minuteman General outfit and it trumps what I was wearing by a very large amount, considering the strength of Sarge I wonder if I did that quest a touch early.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-24 06:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So as I do quests and progress, if I start seeing more and more enemies with skulls next to their name, does that mean it's time to stop and go level up somewhere?

I'm level 15 and just did the "castle"/mirelurk quest... Basically used a few bottlecap mines, frag mines and frag grenades to gank the boss super fast. Trying to actually fight it was mostly a disaster.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-24 06:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So as I do quests and progress, if I start seeing more and more enemies with skulls next to their name, does that mean it's time to stop and go level up somewhere?

I'm level 15 and just did the "castle"/mirelurk quest... Basically used a few bottlecap mines, frag mines and frag grenades to gank the boss super fast. Trying to actually fight it was mostly a disaster.
I had similar issues with the Mirelurk Queen, there is a missile launcher and tons of missiles scattered about so I think they intend you to find the missile launcher which really helps in taking down the Queen.

Do remember that it's your game, your playstyle, the skulls indicate that an enemy is at least several levels higher than you, if you are having trouble, by all means grind, go and explore, if you see an undiscovered location pop up on your compass go check it out, that's the beauty of Bethesda games, there is so much to explore.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-24 07:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can always do what I did with Swan.

That is, see it, go, "oh ***, this probably isn't a good idea," then proceed to just throw literally everything you've got at him and jam stims into yourself until it's dead.

Eventually was able to get Sarge, he is very prone to getting stuck inside the room he is in so you can go out the room and either peek in and take a couple shots or chuck grenades at him.

Also,
By Ramyrez 2015-11-24 07:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavily recommend each and every one of these mods. Greatly increased performance and fidelity (both sound and graphics). I honestly got huge FPS stability improvements and the game looks better than vanilla with these optimizations installed properly.

Am I the only person who finds Nexus unwieldy and clunky as hell?

I dunno. I appreciate the modding community a lot but it also seems to add a lot of work to just trying to play a game sometimes.

Then again, it also makes you wonder how you played a game without mods sometimes (see: Skyrim UI adjustments.)
By Ackeron 2015-11-24 07:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a map out there with all the locations of magazines/bobbleheads and stuff but it also has the map colored with levels of enemies.

Looks like the Castle is Lv20-30.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-24 10:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The best, most appropriate, place to play Fallout 4.

Its a bit pricey though.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-24 11:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Want.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-24 11:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Want.
I'd love to collect that sky high rent for the rest of my life. lol.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-24 12:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »

Want.
I'd love to collect that sky high rent for the rest of my life. lol.

Where's your wasteland spirit!?

You don't "pay rent." You kill the jerks who own the place, tell your Mr. Handy to clean up the mess and live like a king!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-24 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only person who finds Nexus unwieldy and clunky as hell?

I dunno. I appreciate the modding community a lot but it also seems to add a lot of work to just trying to play a game sometimes.

Then again, it also makes you wonder how you played a game without mods sometimes (see: Skyrim UI adjustments.)

It's really not that bad once you get used to it. NMM handles a majority of mods, and the ones that can't be installed by it are usually just a matter of unzipping and putting something into the data folder. Right now it's a little bit clunkier since Bethesda hasn't enabled the Mod ui yet (if they ever do, they might try to completely replace it with their bethesda mod platform ***), but it's just adding 2 lines to a text file and it's set for life.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-24 15:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not terrible or beyond comprehension. I just wish there was some middle ground between it and the Steam workshop, for instance, which still requires the use of some external tools to really get the most out of (Skyrim Script Extender, for instance).

NMM has never worked quite right for me either, though. But I'm sure that's user error and I've never been dedicated enough to figure out everything.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-24 16:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

NMM has never worked quite right for me either, though. But I'm sure that's user error and I've never been dedicated enough to figure out everything.

Do what I did and get someone else to take you through the process of setting up and using the stupid thing step by step. In person, if you can.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-24 21:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unrelated to prior discussion, but I was just wondering about how people felt about a certain quest and the subsequent, uh, fallout.

Has to do with Diamond City Radio. You've been spoiler warned if you super care about that sort of thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23