Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Fallout 4
Fallout 4
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23
By Ackeron 2015-11-09 12:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured I would start this thread up for those will will be talking about it and what not over the next few days.

Few rules here,
- For anything spoiler please use the spoilers BBCode.
- Please accommodate requests for you to put some things into spoilers or remove them.
- If something is reported it may be removed but unless you are doing something stupid like that guy from the MGS thread you won't receive any punishment.
- War never changes.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-09 12:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Figured I would start this thread up for those will will be talking about it and what not over the next few days.

Few rules here,
- For anything spoiler please use the spoilers BBCode.
- Please accommodate requests for you to put some things into spoilers or remove them.
- If something is reported it may be removed but unless you are doing something stupid like that guy from the MGS thread you won't receive any punishment.
- War never changes.
Hooray!

Cause that MGS5 spoiler sucked balls.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-11-09 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did my car's fuel pump have to die and then cost me a fortune!?!? I have to wait til later in the month to buy this x____x.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-09 13:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
Why did my car's fuel pump have to die and then cost me a fortune!?!? I have to wait til later in the month to buy this x____x.
I went and spent £1200 on building a new PC just for Fallout 4...oh and future-proofing, I'll pretend I was doing it for that too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-09 13:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody really cares about fallout tho
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why are you in this thread?

I meant to ask, is this a game you can play if you haven't played any other in the series before or would the story not make sense?
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-11-09 13:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is stand alone like the others (game history is still there and maybe some tie in to previous games). Can't wait for this to be delivered tomorrow
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-11-09 13:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I meant to ask, is this a game you can play if you haven't played any other in the series before or would the story not make sense?
I've seen screenshots of characters from 3 (Doctor Li comes to mind immediately), but I can't imagine you'll need to have played previous entries to know what is going on in this one, which is par for the course for Bethesda games.

You'll miss some of the overarching world narrative and not get why items that might be references or throwbacks to previous titles are cool or should be funny, but that wouldn't diminish the experience. .
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-09 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

III was basically a reboot/retcon for the series anyhow. New Vegas took place on the opposite end of the country and wasn't really pertinent to III. There are tons of common themes throughout the series from 1 all the way through now but every game is really its own experience, much like the Elder Scrolls series.

I mean, I barely played Morrowind and only ran amuck in Oblivion being an ***, never really playing the game through, and still was able to be fully immersed in Skyrim.

Same deal here, really.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 13:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All the exploring, dodging and killing is enough to keep your *** fit.
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-09 13:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All the exploring, dodging and killing is enough to keep your *** fit.
All that walking. Jingle Jangle Jingle.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-09 13:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's just hilarious that in that trailer there's like 5 seconds of the woman's booty and so many of the comments are along the lines of "Dat ***".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-09 14:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'll stick with jrpg's.

Good day.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-09 14:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it co-op and stuff? I was gonna get copies for my nephews so we can meet up like in Destiny.
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-09 14:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Is it co-op and stuff? I was gonna get copies for my nephews so we can meet up like in Destiny.
I can't imagine it will be.
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-09 14:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
"Dat ***".
but dat *** was phat.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-09 14:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

2 hours later, I have made my character
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-09 14:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge nose. Start over.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-09 14:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not at all. Single player only.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-09 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Things I'm noticing so far:

Performance is ***
-Seems to be related to the lighting plane
*Whenever a lightsource is in frame, FPS drops by 33-50%
*Whenever a lightsource changes, framerate fluctuates rapidly

-God Rays are poorly optimized
*Setting God Rays quality to Low will cause a negligible difference in visual quality in exchange for up to 40FPS

-If you plan to play this on console then good luck

Character creation controls are clunky
-Switching between the mouse and keyboard constantly, with various different buttons and mouse movements required for each individual part, is sometimes confusing.

-Clicking on the part that you want to adjust can be extremely finicky, especially when the character's subtle movements cause you to lose track of where it was

-Similar to above, the character's movement while you sculpt the face is annoying

-Lack of female hair and customization options; for example, can not remove eye wrinkles. It's painfully evident that they spent far more time developing the male options

FoV is no longer easily adjustable on the fly
-INI tweaks still seem to work (albeit more *** than before), however console adjustments will be automatically reverted
*For example, default FOV is 80. Tilde key -> fov 90 -> screen changes to show that the FOV has been adjusted accordingly -> Tilde key -> FOV reverts to default

Dialogue system is nice, but can be annoying
-Suffers from Mass Effect syndrome. What your character says does not necessarily reflect what you choose on the screen.

-Fans of the series will notice a lack of depth compared to previous entries, at least in the first couple of hours that I've played so far. Stats like Charisma and Intelligence seem to only have a passing effect on dialogue rather than offering new options.

Gunplay is tight
-Much improved from Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. This is easily the best improvement I've found yet. Guns feel different and aiming feels snappy and responsive, native Iron Sights support is extremely beneficial.

Companion system is much improved
-Being able to command your companions from afar, with more varying commands than what were available in Skyrim, is a great divergence from 3/NV.

That's all so far.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-11-09 15:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow I don't think Fallout 4 will get as much of a first day when people have to choose between playing that and this:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6707e4bc0ca533c1a2cb12155fc91d884c6b6a84

3.1 patch release on the exact same day.

Sucks to be Fallout 4, they should have scheduled their release date on a better week.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-09 15:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

No, not at all. Single player only.

bummer
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-09 15:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Somehow I don't think Fallout 4 will get as much of a first day when people have to choose between playing that and this:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6707e4bc0ca533c1a2cb12155fc91d884c6b6a84

Sucks to be Fallout 4, they should have scheduled their release date on a better week.

Because the possibly million or so gamers who also play FFXIV would be a consideration for Bethesda when launching the 5th installment in one of their most successful franchises... I really don't think it will make much difference.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-09 15:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the audiences of both games being divergent, I'd argue that it will be the opposite. In fact, the 14 patch is being released on the worst day possible: Battlefront, Fallout 4, and Legacy of the Void are all releasing on the same day. Guild Wars 2's expansion pack released a little over 2 weeks ago as well. They chose a bad time to delay their patch cycle (as if there's a good time). It won't really affect Fallout though. If anything, the other games coming out will.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-11-09 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Because the possibly million or so gamers who also play FFXIV would be a consideration for Bethesda when launching the 5th installment in one of their most successful franchises... I really don't think it will make much difference.

Yeah, you're right. 1M+ more game orders isn't really that much money. Carry on, Bethesda.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-09 15:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh so you guys got it early? Love it when people break the release, it's how I got MGS5 spoiled for me :/
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-09 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who bought it on PC can get it "early", just use an Australian VPN
[+]
By Draylo 2015-11-09 15:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol really
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-09 15:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Yeah, you're right. 1M+ more game orders isn't really that much money. Carry on, Bethesda.

Assuming they were going to buy it at all, the day conflict won't stop them. I think you're overestimating the impact because you are conflicted personally.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-09 15:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You really think XIV patch (niche game, not even embraced by all FF fans, let alone everyone) is going to hurt a massive NA release like Fallout?
[+]
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23