Fallout 4
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-02 09:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish you could dismantle them. but they just sit there being worthless.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-02 09:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

With Scrapper perk you can get some pretty useful stuff from weapons/armor you aren't using if you scrap them.

My current character is an Idiot Savant though so I can not has this skill :(
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 09:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

Yeah...that perk...part of me feels like I should build a character around that perk to start the game and then once I've gotten a bunch of levels, get him an edg-ee-muh-cation.

With Scrapper perk you can get some pretty useful stuff from weapons/armor you aren't using if you scrap them.

But you can't scrap ★ items.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 09:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I finally started playing and after I got some of the performance issues and CTD sorted, I'm really digging it. Any suggestions on specializations?
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-02 09:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Yeah...that perk...part of me feels like I should build a character around that perk to start the game and then once I've gotten a bunch of levels, get him an edg-ee-muh-cation.

But you can't scrap ★ items.

Ah yeah, just trade then for cores.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-02 10:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
So, I finally started playing and after I got some of the performance issues and CTD sorted, I'm really digging it. Any suggestions on specializations?

I would just recommend saving up skill points until you feel like you need them or want them for something. I did that and just plunked a few down when I wanted to be able to pick a lock or mod a thing or whatever it was.

A few skills to avoid I guess would be Cannibal which is terrible in this game healing wise and only 1 follower likes when you use it. Also unless you are a hardcore Dog fan don't waste them on his skill. Only get Local Leader if you are serious about pimping out bases or trying for the achievement.

I'm still fresh on my Melee character so I dunno what advice to offer there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-02 10:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything I can't snipe I fight with a tire iron, so I'll say don't bother with specializations.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-02 10:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

Anything I can't snipe I fight with a tire iron, so I'll say don't bother with specializations.
This is the approach I use in virtually all FPS games lol
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-12-02 11:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't had chance to play this week. Sunday had quite the adventure.

So I get Piper to join me and I'm like think we'll go explore Hubris comics for this ghoul in Goodneighbor. Enter the building take one step and this musical monkey alerts a horde of ghouls to my presence. Whip out the tactical shotgun and clear the first floor and second floors. Make my way to the third floor and am greeted by 3 feral roamers, one of which is legendary...oh joy.
Quickly dispatch the ghouls, reload and deplete the legendary's hp quickly. It then mutates which is like a benediction and I'm like...great. Piper and I pop a volley of caps and are awarded an irradiated shotgun. Totally useless for the time being.

Make our way to the 4th floor and there is the prize draped on a mannequin. Make my way towards and am smacked from behind for 50% of my health...wtf? Oh its just a glowing one with a skull. Yay.

Grab the objective, sprint back to the stairs taking a wrong turn falling down an elevator shaft landing at the first floor. Exit the building to discover my new friends are already waiting for me. Break left running past a park with a large hulking figure standing in it. Hopefully the ghouls will catch its attention. They do, turns out its the Swan. He quickly dispatches my pursuers. I trot off around the corner to meet a Gunner Conscript who has Mr. Handy for a companion.

Mr. Handy kills me but in the middle of all that I discovered a location prompting a random auto save which loads me below the map.
I can fast travel so I head to good neighbor and am rewarded for my efforts with some nice armor.

This game is ridiculous.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-02 11:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently use a tire iron that inflicts poison.
By Ackeron 2015-12-02 11:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use melee weapons >_>

Shotgun or nothing for close range!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Haven't had chance to play this week. Sunday had quite the adventure.

So I get Piper to join me and I'm like think we'll go explore Hubris comics for this ghoul in Goodneighbor. Enter the building take one step and this musical monkey alerts a horde of ghouls to my presence. Whip out the tactical shotgun and clear the first floor and second floors. Make my way to the third floor and am greeted by 3 feral roamers, one of which is legendary...oh joy.
Quickly dispatch the ghouls, reload and deplete the legendary's hp quickly. It then mutates which is like a benediction and I'm like...great. Piper and I pop a volley of caps and are awarded an irradiated shotgun. Totally useless for the time being.

Make our way to the 4th floor and there is the prize draped on a mannequin. Make my way towards and am smacked from behind for 50% of my health...wtf? Oh its just a glowing one with a skull. Yay.

Grab the objective, sprint back to the stairs taking a wrong turn falling down an elevator shaft landing at the first floor. Exit the building to discover my new friends are already waiting for me. Break left running past a park with a large hulking figure standing in it. Hopefully the ghouls will catch its attention. They do, turns out its the Swan. He quickly dispatches my pursuers. I trot off around the corner to meet a Gunner Conscript who has Mr. Handy for a companion.

Mr. Handy kills me but in the middle of all that I discovered a location prompting a random auto save which loads me below the map.
I can fast travel so I head to good neighbor and am rewarded for my efforts with some nice armor.

This game is ridiculous.

And there are at least 4 things you missed at Hubris I can think of off the top of my head. Grab a Stealth Boy and get back in there, son. You haven't done pillaged that building proper yet!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »

Yeah. I don't really do melee weapons much either. Even in Skyrim I frequently focused on archery/marksmanship.
By Ackeron 2015-12-02 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I don't really do melee weapons much either. Even in Skyrim I frequently focused on archery/marksmanship.
Bow and Daggers with some Invisibility for me.

Sadly it's hard as hell to sneak up to melee people in FO4.
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-02 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

there are perks specifically for better sneaking, but if you are a sniper you aren't going to have them.
By Ackeron 2015-12-02 14:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but I meant more so as in these damn guys NEVER sleep. I've only seen 1 human ever asleep.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 14:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but I meant more so as in these damn guys NEVER sleep. I've only seen 1 human ever asleep.

Are you talking about NPC's or players?

Sleeping mechanics for players are really pretty under-utilized. some of the perk mods for Skyrim implemented really cool mechanics around sleeping. Stamina regen, skill experience, and even health regen really should be affected by how recently you slept if you're going for immersion like most RPG's do.

As for NPC's sleeping... Yeah, it's pretty unrealistic that a stronghold with 15 people would have everyone awake 24 hours a day. Rotating shifts, or several people being in leisure areas or even the bathroom would be pretty cool to see in an RPG with so much attention to detail.
By Ackeron 2015-12-02 14:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleeping mechanics for players are really pretty under-utilized. some of the perk mods for Skyrim implemented really cool mechanics around sleeping. Stamina regen, skill experience, and even health regen really should be affected by how recently you slept if you're going for immersion like most RPG's do.

As for NPC's sleeping... Yeah, it's pretty unrealistic that a stronghold with 15 people would have everyone awake 24 hours a day. Rotating shifts, or several people being in leisure areas or even the bathroom would be pretty cool to see in an RPG with so much attention to detail.
Only thing I've found in the bathrooms is bombs rigged to the stall doors. God only know what would happen if a raider got a bad case of the runs.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 14:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I've found in the bathrooms is bombs rigged to the stall doors. God only know what would happen if a raider got a bad case of the runs.

I haven't got that far in, but that's hilarious. What if a bandit broke into our stronghold to take a wiz? "I have an idea"
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-02 14:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but I meant more so as in these damn guys NEVER sleep.
oh, that. yeah. that's annoying. All of the bad guys are awake all the time forever. Ive run into only one or two sleeping NPCs in about 50 hours of pure wasteland exploration.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-02 14:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've learned watching some raiders for two in-game days, they sleep for about one hour of in-game time. Somewhere between 3 and 5 AM. My character apparently never sleeps, which explains the fighting everything with a bladed tire iron.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've learned watching some raiders for two in-game days, they sleep for about one hour of in-game time. Somewhere between 3 and 5 AM. My character apparently never sleeps, which explains the fighting everything with a bladed tire iron.

I almost missed my coffee this morning, I can understand the indiscriminate rage.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few places in the game with enemies in the head.

Gunners and raiders are often standing at mirrors in the bathrooms, if not actually using the facilities, in some buildings.

There are a few places -- specifically, iirc, the building where you follow the Courser -- where I opened a stall in a bathroom and there was a gunner there.

While humans might not poop much, ghouls -- apparently! -- do. Because I've found several ghouls in bathroom stalls, and one Legendary Ghoul in a Preservation Shelter down by CIT.

I've run into more than two enemies sleeping, but they definitely seem to sleep less in 4 than they did in 3/NV/Skyrim. I guess they're really jamming on the Psych Jet or something.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 15:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you like non-sneak melee combat (ie: hitting things with a tire iron a la Omael here), you owe it to yourself to track down the 2076 World Series Bat from the Jamaica Plain town hall and Grognak's Axe in Hubris Comics.

...suddenly I'm digging the idea of making a character with max strength, endurance, and luck who just runs around hitting things with a baseball bat and getting Idiot Savant procs.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-02 15:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you like non-sneak melee combat (ie: hitting things with a tire iron a la Omael here), you owe it to yourself to track down the 2076 World Series Bat from the Jamaica Plain town hall and Grognak's Axe in Hubris Comics.

I gave Grognak's Axe to Strong. It swings a little too slow for me, but he likes it.

...suddenly I'm digging the idea of making a character with max strength, endurance, and luck who just runs around hitting things with a baseball bat and getting Idiot Savant procs.

Stop stealing my bit!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 15:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop stealing my bit!

Not being able to hack alone would stop me from actually doing this, honestly.

Speaking of things to give companions, you apparently can't give Valentine cleaner clothes.

That's unfortunate, as I really wanted to give him a nicer trenchcoat. -.-;
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-02 15:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop stealing my bit!

Not being able to hack alone would stop me from actually doing this, honestly.

Speaking of things to give companions, you apparently can't give Valentine cleaner clothes.

That's unfortunate, as I really wanted to give him a nicer trenchcoat. -.-;

I had to raise my other stats at later levels to hack and pick locks. A whole lot of backtracking to find stuff I couldn't get to earlier.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 20:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have to go all out and build a gaming pc next year. Running physx with a bunch of high resolution textures is so addictive.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-12-02 22:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting pretty miffed that it's been nearly a month now and we haven't had any bugfix patches. I haven't encountered many that I can't fix with console commands, but it must *** suck for people who don't know what those commands are or for people playing on PS4/XBox who run into these issues.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 23:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Getting pretty miffed that it's been nearly a month now and we haven't had any bugfix patches. I haven't encountered many that I can't fix with console commands, but it must *** suck for people who don't know what those commands are or for people playing on PS4/XBox who run into these issues.

There is a beta bugfix patch available through Steam. From what I understand, it's supposed to fix a few of the quests that were bugged, the sound related CTD's, and the invisible pipboy. Other than that, I haven't seen anything official.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23