Beta Update 1.2.33

New Features
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container

Fixes
General memory and stability improvements
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly

Beta update 1.2.37

General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals

That's it. Pretty sad when compared to things like The Witcher 3. Or even Skyrim had more support post-launch than this.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-02 23:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they have confirmed the bugs and put out a few small patches. I imagine if they were quick easy fixes, they'd have them fixed already.

I spent like 4 hours trying to fix the CTD issues even after installing the patches. I even had to lower the clock speed on my GPU's for some stupid reason. So, believe me, I understand the frustration.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-12-02 23:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who has done extensive work fixing their bugs before, there's no such thing as a not quick and easy fix lol. The way the Creation (read: modified GameByro) engine is set up is for modular insertion of content that is easy to access and adjust on a piece by piece basis. It's been this way since Morrowind.

Fixing something like a faction being incorrectly flagged at the end of a quest is 10 seconds of editing and 15 seconds of exporting into the .bsa. The fact that the entire thing can be fixed with a single console command is evidence enough for this; I actually solved several similar issues in Skyrim by adjusting their Faction scripts. Fixing something more complex that goes down to the engine itself, i.e. CTDs, is more in depth and would take more time, but that's understandable.

Very few reasons I can think of for it to take this long to release more than 5 quest/NPC bug fixes, and none of them are pleasant.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-03 00:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love a fix for "crashes in the same square mile of Cambridge depending on what quests you have completed." Parts of the game are literally inaccessible for me still and it has been what, almost a month?
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-03 00:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Very few reasons I can think of for it to take this long to release more than 5 quest/NPC bug fixes, and none of them are pleasant.
It is pretty clear that they know the modding community will fix their problems. They've given less and less support with each passing release.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-03 06:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
It is pretty clear that they know the modding community will fix their problems. They've given less and less support with each passing release.

Why pay employees when random people on the internet will fix the problems for free?
By Ramyrez 2015-12-03 07:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, I like this acknowledgement at least.

I run perfectly fine in 98% of the game, but there seem to be a few areas that really bog down and I didn't think my PC was too weak for this particular task.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-12-03 07:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Only bug I ran into was the disappearing pipboy. Can be resolved by looking down a scope.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-03 07:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't run into any of the others myself, though I have noted that, on occasion, it takes a painfully long time to switch weapons for no discernible reason.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 11:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

Why pay employees when random people on the internet will fix the problems for free?

Crowd-sourced beta isn't remotely new. It's just becoming more and more common as games get larger and more complex and hardware configuration get more diverse. It's literally impossible for a game studio to fully test every scenario without a 10 year development cycle.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-03 12:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I run perfectly fine in 98% of the game, but there seem to be a few areas that really bog down and I didn't think my PC was too weak for this particular task.

I had a raider/gunner/super mutant jamboree downtown. Thought the game would crash for a few seconds there.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-03 12:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Crowd-sourced beta isn't remotely new.
yeah, i know. I guess I just wish they would call it that. Also, this isn't exactly the same, since Bethesda is probably going to give even less support than skyrim had for this, relying on the community to fix most issues even more heavily than before. TBH I'm just glad they didn't roll out paid mods yet.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-03 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

I had a raider/gunner/super mutant jamboree downtown. Thought the game would crash for a few seconds there.

Yeah. That's another place. Down in the alleys and stuff around Boston Common/Fenway it can get a little stuttery.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-12-03 16:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone come across or made a decent short range weapon that takes .38 caliber bullets? I've got like 5000 of those buggers, but I've been running low on shells and .50s a lot. Everything I've found so far has looked kind of crappy.

Also, I've seen some stuff about an "expansion" coming out for this game - which I'm curious about. Have they done this with previous games? I'm wondering what to expect... a few new quests/weapons/etc, or a perhaps an extension of the world map?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 16:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Crowd-sourced beta isn't remotely new.
yeah, i know. I guess I just wish they would call it that. Also, this isn't exactly the same, since Bethesda is probably going to give even less support than skyrim had for this, relying on the community to fix most issues even more heavily than before. TBH I'm just glad they didn't roll out paid mods yet.

Why not, though? There's a ton of technically savvy people who do the work for free, and a lot of times, they find other, bigger bugs in the process and report them to the developer. Bethesda has a pretty decent history of working with the community especially when it comes to mods and bug fixes. As long as they're taking the information and putting it into official patches, I couldn't care less if the community is the source. Especially since they are usually far more motivated and timely in getting their fixes done.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-12-03 16:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Has anyone come across or made a decent short range weapon that takes .38 caliber bullets? I've got like 5000 of those buggers, but I've been running low on shells and .50s a lot. Everything I've found so far has looked kind of crappy.

Also, I've seen some stuff about an "expansion" coming out for this game - which I'm curious about. Have they done this with previous games? I'm wondering what to expect... a few new quests/weapons/etc, or a perhaps an extension of the world map?
Pretty much every big Bethesda RPG gets a minimum of 3 expansions, usually with extra areas but minimally with another good sized quest line. Best examples for you to look at would be Elder Scrolls Morriwind/Oblivion/Skyrim as well as Fallout 3(one expansion was even used to up the level limit that the game had)

Long story short: unless Bethesda has decided they just hate everything expect something good, though you probably have at least a few more months.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-12-03 17:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd expect 2 "big" DLC packs and one small one if they decide to go with the Skyrim model instead of the Fallout 3 model.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-03 18:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

I've found this to be pretty good; I tend to pass the .38 pipe guns around to followers. This is Valentine's.

Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-03 21:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I am ready for DLC.

Idiot Savant kicked in turning in the last quest and I got 6 levels off of it @_@
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 08:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I had started a new character because I *** something up that I didn't like on the character I had been playing without realizing it and figured if I was going to drop back 12 hours in saves anyhow, I may as well start fresh.

So rushing through the main story a bit to get to Kellogg and off him for his gear (I love that hand canon of his), I came to the conclusion that I sort of have a begrudging respect for Conrad Kellogg. I mean, he's a ***, but I think for post-Apocalyptia he's a pretty sympathetic one.

Also, as I say the words "post-Apocalyptia," I'm again reminded how much I dislike Travis and want my man Three Dog back.

Wait a *** minute. Didn't I see something about Three Dog's voice actor saying something about doing work for 4, but he was sworn to secrecy about it?

Google isn't telling me much though.

Dammit.

--This stream of consciousness brought to you by Gevalia Columbian blend coffee and a case of the Fridays at work--
By fonewear 2015-12-04 08:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After beating the main story my motivation to keep playing doing side quests etc has been greatly reduced. I'll probably start another character though.
By fonewear 2015-12-04 08:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Well, I am ready for DLC.

Idiot Savant kicked in turning in the last quest and I got 6 levels off of it @_@

I'm ready for DLC too not because I reached max level but tired of side quests.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 08:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't finished the main story in Skyrim.

I've got mad crafting skills though.

But yeah, I dunno. I like running around the Wasteland. The main story is good so far, but finishing it isn't going to change anything really for me.

What I didn't like was how the game just went and *** ended in New Vegas when you finished the main story. Which is why I've only ever done so once.
By fonewear 2015-12-04 08:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do too much crafting in the game it is fun but not as much fun as flying around with jet pack power armor.
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-04 09:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike Travis
travis is actually worse if you do the sidequest to help his confidence.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 09:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike Travis
travis is actually worse if you do the sidequest to help his confidence.

Yeah, I mentioned that a few pages back specifically in regard to how he gets worse when you help him. It was spoilered though, so easily missable.

Unrelated to prior discussion, but I was just wondering about how people felt about a certain quest and the subsequent, uh, fallout.

Has to do with Diamond City Radio. You've been spoiler warned if you super care about that sort of thing.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-12-04 09:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Punching with a baby.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-12-04 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to say, my there's only one thing in this game that annoys me, and there's only one mob that really pisses me the *** off.

Annoying: the perk that lets you run when overloaded... because it FORCES you to run whenever you have AP

My F You Mob: Legendary Glowing Mutant Hound - I hate that friggin' thing so damned much. I've probably killed like 50 of them, they always show up and rip the ***out of me when I'm trying to sneak or snipe something. It's worse than the friggin' Mirelurks.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-04 14:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I mentioned that a few pages back specifically in regard to how he gets worse when you help him. It was spoilered though, so easily missable.

They should give you a second quest to re-break him and restore the old personality.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-04 14:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

They should give you a second quest to re-break him and restore the old personality.

I'm hoping for old man Three Dog DLC.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23