Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-27 15:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Omael said: »
Which may be the better option in some ways for adventuring purposes, but I wanted local leader so I can get shops set up in Sanctuary (which I still haven't figured out how to get people to come and work those.

When you're in build mode press 'E' on a settler, highlight whichever shop you want them to work at and press 'E' again to assign them to it. Guard posts work the same way.

So any old settler will do? I knew how to assign them to picking food or working guard posts, but as I just built my stores last night I hadn't work them out yet.

I was sort of under the impression they had to meet some sort of "vendor" criteria.

Good to know. Those nameless *** are getting put to work now.

Thanks!

Took me a couple raider attacks to think of giving the guards better weapons and armor.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-27 15:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Took me a couple raider attacks to think of giving the guards better weapons and armor.

That's a thing I still need to do, but right now I've got about 20 turrets set up in Sanctuary because, well, I think they add a nice "don't *** with me" decor to the place.

Four each of machine gun/shotgun turrets in the middle of town, some at the roadway entrances, and another five around my personal crafting/sleeping quarters (that *** Marcy still keeps creeping into to sleep, )(*&@#$*(&@(*@#(*$&*) that say "Yeah, there's a few suits of power armor and other really good stuff kept here, but you don't want to *** with it if breathing is your bag."

So while I need to get on upgrading the settlers' shitbox initial equips, the turrets should do the trick for now.

I'm not precisely sure though, as I haven't seen a raid attempt yet.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-27 16:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the higher a settlement's defense rating the lower chance of it being attacked, but settler's equipment doesn't factor into the rating. So I could give my settlers Institute rifles and armor, then laugh as raiders try to attack and get shredded. Assuming Strong doesn't rush over and end the fight first. He likes working for the Minutemen so much I told him to live in Sanctuary. Seems to like it.

Edit: Just found this too, time to wander around looking for these folks.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-27 18:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even realize the weapons and armor mattered for companions, let alone guards. Do I need to supply ammo to them as well? Turrets?

Seems Lynn Woods can't be settled too, sadly. I used to go drinking at that exact tower IRL with buddies. So awesome to me.

http://www.flw.org/stonetowerhist.htm
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-27 18:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The default weapons won't run out of ammo, but you'll need to keep them stocked if you give them something else.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-27 20:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question, I have some quests that require me talking to Paladin Danse, but I'm at a point where I'm on some BoS quests (shortly after meeting the Elder), and I can only interact with Danse in the same manner as with any of the other companion NPCs, and not advance the other quests. Is there a way around this, or do I just need to complete the other stuff first?
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-27 20:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably just complete the other stuff first. I'm not 100% on that though.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-27 23:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, anyone who enjoyed the Dunwich stuff in Fallout 3 or Fallout 4, there's a "Pickman's Gallery" zone involved in a quest as well. I'm actually in the middle of it right now so I can't tell you how it turns out, but just in case anyone is familiar with that particular Lovecraft reference, I figured I'd mention it. It actually appears to fall in line with references to the story a bit more than the Dunwich stuff.

The quest comes from Hancock in Goodneighbor.

Edit:
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-28 19:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3344/?

Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-29 12:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

88% and an up arrow.... for hours.

Happiness system is so annoying.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-29 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
88% and an up arrow.... for hours.

Happiness system is so annoying.
Does it get difficult to raise? I generally just ignore my settlements, I linked them all together and check on them to make sure they have everything they need and bugger off.

Sanctuary has been building happiness quite quickly for me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-29 14:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't go up past a certain point without clothing stores, food stores, trading posts, and clinics.

also, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1764/?
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-30 07:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am stuck at 98%.

24 people with ~18 stores of the happiness variety all tier 3. Mama Murphy biggest slacker 2015.

Anywho, #2 Mod of the Year

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-30 08:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That was sufficiently ridiculous.
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 08:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought John Cena would just go away when he first came out.

I just realized that was over 10 years ago.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-30 08:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I do love the random weapons legendaries give you.

So far my prize weapons are my 50% extra animal damage double barrel shotgun and my 50% more human damage sniper rifle.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-30 10:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is that I stopped talking to Preston because that mother *** always flags quests I don't have time to go and do and I keep losing people. At this point I'm just going to hammer through the story line and start a fresh save to see if I can do settlements "right," because at this point they've all lost NPCs I didn't really want to lose.

Protecting these *** is a full-time job, I swear.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-30 10:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

So far my prize weapons are my 50% extra animal damage double barrel shotgun and my 50% more human damage sniper rifle.

Inversely...I'm getting really tired of metal and raider arms. Leather and combat onry!

I've got some decent randoms, though I'm really holding out for the 2x damage on full health enemies sniper rifle I saw a screenshot of from somewhere. That's *** ridiculous for sniping. Think about that for a second.

2x damage on a full health enemy. Plus sneak attack multiplier. Plus any other perk multipliers you have (ninja, rifle damage, ladykiller, etc.)

Insane multipliers under the right circumstances.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-30 11:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Inversely...I'm getting really tired of metal and raider arms. Leather and combat onry!

I've got some decent randoms, though I'm really holding out for the 2x damage on full health enemies sniper rifle I saw a screenshot of from somewhere. That's *** ridiculous for sniping. Think about that for a second.

2x damage on a full health enemy. Plus sneak attack multiplier. Plus any other perk multipliers you have (ninja, rifle damage, ladykiller, etc.)

Just need a 360 no scope bonus and I'm sold.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-30 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

100 Happiness in Sanctuary! FINALLY.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-30 15:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

pid=3006812]I've got some decent randoms, though I'm really holding out for the 2x damage on full health enemies sniper rifle I saw a screenshot of from somewhere. That's *** ridiculous for sniping. Think about that for a second.

I found a combat rifle with that on a legendary bloatfly. Once it's rechambered to .308, it's :

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-30 16:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a combat rifle would be great too.

My current sniping rig is the combat rifle I picked up from the Vault 81 vendor. The "Overseer's Protecter" is what it's called, iirc (I renamed it almost immediately). It fires 2x shots for one each time you fire.
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 16:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a combat rifle would be great too.

My current sniping rig is the combat rifle I picked up from the Vault 81 vendor. The "Overseer's Protect" is what it's called, iirc (I renamed it almost immediately). It fires 2x shots for one each time you fire.
Do both Bullets get sneak attack proc?
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-30 16:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
I feel like that mod is not working correctly. I had it on a pistol and tried to upgrade it to a non automatic version and I don't notice two bullets coming out.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-30 17:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
Ackeron said: »
I feel like that mod is not working correctly. I had it on a pistol and tried to upgrade it to a non automatic version and I don't notice two bullets coming out.

Yeah. Something about it doesn't seem to add up, but it does seem to do more damage than my 25% damage boosted version, or the 50% damage-to-humans version does to humans (all .308 combat rifles).
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-01 08:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My Two-fers work. At least they make 2 bullet holes.

4 Achievements to go. I *-think-* I can get them all in one play through with some finangling, but they are all faction related.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-01 08:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they make 2 bullet holes.
I'll have to check that out. I've only really used them in vats so that might have something to do with it.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-01 12:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
At least they make 2 bullet holes.
I'll have to check that out. I've only really used them in vats so that might have something to do with it.

Yeah. The VATS animation definitely only shows one bullet with mine, but like I said, it does seem to do an increased (hard to accurately say "twice") the damage.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-02 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SMG with additional 15 incendiary damage off a legendary radroach, I'll add that to my arsenal.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-02 08:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously have the curse of the useless armor going on right now.

I keep getting arms with augments I don't need on types I don't want (Raider and Metal gear are just too bloody ugly).

Only weapons I've picked up have been pipe guns of varying types, which get augmented and given to companions because if they think I'm using those things...
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23