Madison Bans Discrimination Against Atheists

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Madison bans discrimination against atheists
Madison bans discrimination against atheists
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

#blackabortionsmatter !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 15:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Eh, it's a complicated subject (despite Flavin being unable to understand the nuances),
What's complicated about it? It seems pretty simple to me. You think life begins at conception and from conception to birth that life is innocent and has done nothing wrong. Right? So why in any case would you condone or say its allowable to end that innocent life?

I think it happens and will always happen.
We can agree on that.

There are a few cases where I think it's can be reasonably dubbed necessary.
Why would you think its necassary to kill an innocent person?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-04 15:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Eh, it's a complicated subject (despite Flavin being unable to understand the nuances),
What's complicated about it? It seems pretty simple to me. You think life begins at conception and from conception to birth that life is innocent and has done nothing wrong. Right? So why in any case would you condone or say its allowable to end that innocent life?
I think it happens and will always happen.
We can agree on that.
There are a few cases where I think it's can be reasonably dubbed necessary.

We've been over this in previous threads multiple times. It seems that only you and Pleebo still can't figure it out because you guys keep bringing up the same argument ad infinitum.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 8 abortions the ninth one you get for free ! Come on that is a good deal.
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of abortion isn't about time to abort this thread...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 15:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Except OJ Simpson !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 15:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Less than 2 pages to go.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 15:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Except OJ Simpson !
Did they ever try to look for the real killer?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Less than 2 pages to go.

What if I told you Hitler could have been aborted ! /thread
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-04 15:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The Aelius giveth, and the Aelius taketh away.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Except OJ Simpson !
Did they ever try to look for the real killer?

It's the guy from the fugitive movie. You know that guy with the fake arm !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 15:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
We've been over this in previous threads multiple times. It seems that only you and Pleebo still can't figure it out because you guys keep bringing up the same argument ad infinitum.
What's up Nausi!

I've never had this discussion with him before actually so yeah...

Also, we've had a lot of conversations on a lot of different topics numerous times... You've been involved in them... soo... Do you want to say it? lol...
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-05-04 15:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fetus is going to be born with severe deformities that gives it a single-digit probability of seeing its first birthday and has a high probability of taking mom out during birth.

Life is complicated.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-04 15:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up Nausi!

Also, we've had a lot of conversations on a lot of different topics numerous times... You've been involved in them... soo... Do you want to say it? lol...

/sigh. No, instead of repeating myself for the umpteenth time I'll leave you to Nausi. I have a new method called the "Flavin alternative" that gives me a chance to have a more intellectual conversation than what I'd have otherwise:

*Turns to the side*

Hello, Mr. Wall. How are you today?
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-04 15:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's funny is there actually are strong arguments for why abortion should be illegal (except, in my opinion, in cases of rape, incest, gross deformity of the fetus, or danger to the health of the mother), it's just they're entirely based on logic and hurt people's feelings.

It doesn't really matter, anyway. In 50 years the Quiverfull movement and an increasingly large Muslim population will have enough clout to get it made illegal, although it would most likely take a constitutional amendment to do so, given that the nine wise souls in Washington are loathe to overturn set precedent.

It doesn't matter how "right" a "right" to abortion is, or how much you hate people forcing religious (or other) views on you. Democracy is mob rule and, as a rule, it seems the people who think abortion should be legal aren't having anywhere near as many kids as the people who think it should be illegal (fancy that), and children tend to have the same political ideology as their parents.

There's a whole slew of other things that could be brought up that are not at all related to religion, but they tend to cause severe hurt of the butt, as people are quite incapable of defending their beliefs (because beliefs are things you accept on faith, and questioning someone's deeply held beliefs or, worse yet, irrefutably demonstrating they are wrong, tends to such cognitive dissonance that further discussion is usually impossible).

My biggest problem with "the right"'s attempts to make abortion illegal, especially with no exceptions, is that they tend to care very much about fetuses before the mother gives birth, but it goes from being "fetus" to "baby", they seem to lose all interest.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-05-04 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because "it's complicated" or "nothing is black and white" is not an actual answer. Destruction of a fetus kills an innocent human (by pro-life "logic") no matter the circumstances surrounding conception. And if compassion for the mother is the appropriate response, then why can't that compassion be extended to various other circumstances where having a baby could be damaging?

Not having rape/incest exemptions is political suicide so it's convenient to fudge the logic.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-04 15:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"Flavin alternative" that gives me a chance to have a more intellectual conversation than what I'd have otherwise:

*Turns to the side*

Took you long enough...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 15:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up Nausi!

/sigh. No, instead of repeating myself for the umpteenth time I'll leave you to Nausi. I have a new method called the "Flavin alternative" that gives me a chance to have a more intellectual conversation than what I'd have otherwise:

*Turns to the side*

Better watch out about Mr. Wall, he doesn't budge much or often.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-04 16:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

weren't we talking about atheiests?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 16:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
weren't we talking about atheiests?
Yeah, they don't believe in anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-04 16:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
That's because "it's complicated" or "nothing is black and white" is not an actual answer. Destruction of a fetus kills an innocent human (by pro-life "logic") no matter the circumstances surrounding conception. And if compassion for the mother is the appropriate response, then why can't that compassion be extended to various other circumstances where having a baby could be damaging? Not having rape/incest exemptions is political suicide so it's convenient to fudge the logic.

Define damaging. Because if you mean life-threatening, I doubt many people have a problem with abortions in that case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-04 16:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I fail to see how that's any different from what I'd be facing otherwise.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 16:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because "it's complicated" or "nothing is black and white" is not an actual answer. Destruction of a fetus kills an innocent human (by pro-life "logic") no matter the circumstances surrounding conception. And if compassion for the mother is the appropriate response, then why can't that compassion be extended to various other circumstances where having a baby could be damaging? Not having rape/incest exemptions is political suicide so it's convenient to fudge the logic.

Define damaging. Because if you mean life-threatening, I doubt many people have a problem with abortions in that case.

Ok define the word define !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 16:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I fail to see how that's any different from what I'd be facing otherwise.
Because Mr. Wall can give you intelligent responses.

Nearly all of the time, on topics you aren't talking about, but hey, if you ever find a stray cat, Mr. Wall can help you find the owner.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-04 16:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
What's funny is there actually are strong arguments for why abortion should be illegal (except, in my opinion, in cases of rape, incest, gross deformity of the fetus, or danger to the health of the mother), it's just they're entirely based on logic and hurt people's feelings.

It doesn't really matter, anyway. In 50 years the Quiverfull movement and an increasingly large Muslim population will have enough clout to get it made illegal, although it would most likely take a constitutional amendment to do so, given that the nine wise souls in Washington are loathe to overturn set precedent.

It doesn't matter how "right" a "right" to abortion is, or how much you hate people forcing religious (or other) views on you. Democracy is mob rule and, as a rule, it seems the people who think abortion should be legal aren't having anywhere near as many kids as the people who think it should be illegal (fancy that), and children tend to have the same political ideology as their parents.

There's a whole slew of other things that could be brought up that are not at all related to religion, but they tend to cause severe hurt of the butt, as people are quite incapable of defending their beliefs (because beliefs are things you accept on faith, and questioning someone's deeply held beliefs or, worse yet, irrefutably demonstrating they are wrong, tends to such cognitive dissonance that further discussion is usually impossible).

My biggest problem with "the right"'s attempts to make abortion illegal, especially with no exceptions, is that they tend to care very much about fetuses before the mother gives birth, but it goes from being "fetus" to "baby", they seem to lose all interest.

Now is your chance to present some of those totally grounded in logic reasons that nobody else seems to have thought of yet.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because "it's complicated" or "nothing is black and white" is not an actual answer. Destruction of a fetus kills an innocent human (by pro-life "logic") no matter the circumstances surrounding conception. And if compassion for the mother is the appropriate response, then why can't that compassion be extended to various other circumstances where having a baby could be damaging?

Not having rape/incest exemptions is political suicide so it's convenient to fudge the logic.
Because if you are going to say to kill the kid to save it from having birth defects or mental illnesses, then what's to say that an irresponsible parent(s) could be categorized as a birth defect (since the kid can't choose their parents) or mental illness (the parent(s) won't take care of them, which will lead to a lot of mental and social deficiencies).

How many abortions were done in cases of rape/incest vs. mental/physical disorders to the child vs. mother endangerment vs. parents not giving a damn?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-04 16:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they don't believe in anything.

nah, you're talking about nihilists.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-04 16:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that every single pregnancy damages and changes a woman's body for life?

There are life long affects to giving birth that occur regardless of any additional complications one can also experience during pregnancy, labor, and after labor
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-04 16:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

You do realize that every single pregnancy damages and changes a woman's body for life?

There are life long affects to giving birth that occur regardless of any additional complications one can also experience during pregnancy, labor, and after labor

All the more reason to not have kids !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10