U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level Of Fluoride

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level of Fluoride
U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level of Fluoride
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 15:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Great! Now somebody just needs to prove it. Otherwise, it's speculation brought about by paranoia.

Agreed. I haven't stopped drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated toothpaste, and don't plan to change my ways anytime soon.

On the other hand though, this could be the asbestos of our time. Another brilliant idea from a previous generation that isn't so great afterall.
this is a great example of a widely used substance that was thought to be harmless for a very long time until data could be compiled to show a link to its exposure and illness.
So, let's ban it based on speculation?

Anything else you want to ban because you think it might be bad? I'm sure if you allow a certain flower head that power, you would find your life a whole lot worse.
no need for name calling...

and this is not speculation, there is evidence that poisoning is bad for you, people having been posting it, you can also look it up for your self. no one can improve pure water by adding poison to it. pure water is the best water you can drink so why would you be OK with anything less?
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-29 15:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Great! Now somebody just needs to prove it. Otherwise, it's speculation brought about by paranoia.

Agreed. I haven't stopped drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated toothpaste, and don't plan to change my ways anytime soon.

On the other hand though, this could be the asbestos of our time. Another brilliant idea from a previous generation that isn't so great afterall.
this is a great example of a widely used substance that was thought to be harmless for a very long time until data could be compiled to show a link to its exposure and illness.

Anything else you want to ban because you think it might be bad? I'm sure if you allow a certain flower head that power, you would find your life a whole lot worse.

I'm not advocating it being banned, not by a long shot. But I agree, it should be thoroughly tested.

With that said though, it could be that conclusive evidence may never be found.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 15:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. I haven't stopped drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated toothpaste, and don't plan to change my ways anytime soon. On the other hand though, this could be the asbestos of our time. Another brilliant idea from a previous generation that isn't so great afterall.
So, let's ban it based on speculation? Anything else you want to ban because you think it might be bad? I'm sure if you allow a certain flower head that power, you would find your life a whole lot worse.
no need for name calling... and this is not speculation, there is evidence that poisoning is bad for you, people having been posting it, you can also look it up for your self. no one can improve pure water by adding poison to it. pure water is the best water you can drink so why would you be OK with anything less?

No, pure water isn't the best water that you can drink. Most drinking water contains minerals that your body needs. I can guarantee that you have never drank 100% pure H2O in your life.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 15:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

and this is not speculation, there is evidence that poisoning is bad for you, people having been posting it, you can also look it up for your self. no one can improve pure water by adding poison to it. pure water is the best water you can drink so why would you be OK with anything less?
You do realize that the amount of fluoride found in water is minimal? Like, 7 PPM? That's "parts per million" in case you were wondering.

You want to know exactly how large that 7 PPM is?

It is smaller than the size of this "."

You might want a magnifying glass to read the above sentence.

Also, fluoride has been found naturally in water supplies for generations. Are you going to say that nature has been poisoning us for all of our existence, and we are now just experiencing the effects of it?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 15:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*** lol

Did you even give this a moment's consideration?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 15:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler: you cannot survive on water alone
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 15:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not advocating it being banned, not by a long shot. But I agree, it should be thoroughly tested.

With that said though, it could be that conclusive evidence may never be found.
After all these fear-mongering accusations, I believe it has or in the process of being thoroughly tested. Kindof how the same people who are saying that we should be completely free of fluoride because it causes billions of deaths in the world are the same people who say that vaccines leads to autism and other mental diseases and disorders. Usually they use themselves as evidence for that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-29 15:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me on the doll where the government touched you.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 15:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. I haven't stopped drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated toothpaste, and don't plan to change my ways anytime soon. On the other hand though, this could be the asbestos of our time. Another brilliant idea from a previous generation that isn't so great afterall.
So, let's ban it based on speculation? Anything else you want to ban because you think it might be bad? I'm sure if you allow a certain flower head that power, you would find your life a whole lot worse.
no need for name calling... and this is not speculation, there is evidence that poisoning is bad for you, people having been posting it, you can also look it up for your self. no one can improve pure water by adding poison to it. pure water is the best water you can drink so why would you be OK with anything less?

No, pure water isn't the best water that you can drink. Most drinking water contains minerals that your body needs. I can guarantee that you have never drank 100% pure H2O in your life.

mineral rich water, aka hard water, is not good for your internal organs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3775162/
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Spoiler: you cannot survive on water alone
where did I say that?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 16:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Claiming pure water isn't subject to positive augmentation is tantamount to claiming we need nothing else
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 16:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Endoq, I'm not talking about mineral-heavy water. I'm talking about water, period. Drinking water always has minerals, and some of them have beneficial health benefits.
By charlo999 2015-04-29 16:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Claim:Water is best in it's pure form = we don't need anything else but water to live

Yes I can see your train of thought
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 16:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Claim:Water is best in it's pure form = we don't need anything else but water to live

Yes I can see your train of thought
Your thought train already left the station a long time ago if you made that big of an argumentative leap.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 16:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Claim:Water is best in it's pure form = we don't need anything else but water to live Yes I can see your train of thought

But it's not best in its pure form. Read up on "ultra pure water". According to some sources, absolutely pure water can actually strip your body of vital minerals.

Edit: I guess this is directed at Endoq, because Charlo is apparently too much of a coward to argue with me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Redress it as hyperbole if you'd like. That doesn't make it non sequitur.

There are plenty of things we can add to water to make it better, because we need plenty of things other than water.

Contraindications notwithstanding, of course
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 16:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Claim:Water is best in it's pure form = we don't need anything else but water to live Yes I can see your train of thought

But it's not best in its pure form. Read up on "ultra pure water". According to some sources, absolutely pure water can actually strip your body of vital minerals.

Edit: I guess this is directed at Endoq, because Charlo is apparently too much of a coward to argue with me.
People tend to block those who proves them wrong on so many occasions.

One can just wonder how long charlo's block list is...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 16:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's not best in its pure form. Read up on "ultra pure water". According to some sources, absolutely pure water can actually strip your body of vital minerals. Edit: I guess this is directed at Endoq, because Charlo is apparently too much of a coward to argue with me.
People tend to block those who proves them wrong on so many occasions. One can just wonder how long charlo's block list is...

As lame as it is to argue with air, being on the block list could be seen as a badge of honor. Everyone should strive for it.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-29 16:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's called food.
Is your argument, we should pump liquified food down too?
By Bloodrose 2015-04-29 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a reason why ultra pure water strips the body of it's vital minerals and nutrients - water is a digestive and flushes the body.

Regular water, with naturally occurring minerals and vitamins found within, restores at least some of the vitamins and minerals from the body that it would otherwise flush, making it cyclical in natural body processes.

This is basic grade school science. Go watch some "Bill Nye" videos.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 16:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's called food.
Is your argument we pump liquified food down too?
You were the one making the argumentative leap, nobody else.

As lame as it is to argue with air, being on the block list could be seen as a badge of honor. Everyone should strive for it.
At times like this, it seems like you are arguing with air regardless if you are on the block list.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 16:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Go watch some "Bill Nye" videos.
But, it's not infowars! There is no government lies associated with it, just facts! How can scientific facts be accurate when the government is controlling our minds with their moon ray?

Also, welcome back BR!
By Bloodrose 2015-04-29 16:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the Jovian Lizards.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 16:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame kabuki masks!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-29 16:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+] for the Big Hero 6 reference.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 16:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a reason why ultra pure water strips the body of it's vital minerals and nutrients - water is a digestive and flushes the body.

Regular water, with naturally occurring minerals and vitamins found within, restores at least some of the vitamins and minerals from the body that it would otherwise flush, making it cyclical in natural body processes.

that cleansing effect is necessary for removing excess minerals, and those minerals are easily replaced by eating food...

impurities in water, such as fluoride, hinder this cleansing ability.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 16:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a reason why ultra pure water strips the body of it's vital minerals and nutrients - water is a digestive and flushes the body. Regular water, with naturally occurring minerals and vitamins found within, restores at least some of the vitamins and minerals from the body that it would otherwise flush, making it cyclical in natural body processes. This is basic grade school science. Go watch some "Bill Nye" videos.
that cleansing effect is necessary for removing excess minerals, and those minerals are easily replaced by eating food...

The water you drink has minerals. The water I drink has minerals. Everybody drinks water with minerals. What are you trying to argue?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 16:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Including minerals found only in water and not in food in the right quantities?

impurities in water, such as fluoride, hinder this cleansing ability.
Bold statement, I'm sure you have a source to back that up?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-29 16:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that the minerals, nutrients, and vitamins found in food vary greatly upon the region they were cultivated in, as well as how they are produced, right?

The cleansing effect of water is much stronger than you seem to have a basic understanding of... anything science-related. So no, the necessary minerals are not always replaced, much less replaced in the quantities needed for daily activities, much less strenuous activities.

Seriously, go watch some Bill Nye videos on basic science, and consider the following: You don't know jack.

Then you may want to consult a nutritionist about those claims of yours.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-04-29 16:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The water you drink has minerals. The water I drink has minerals. Everybody drinks water with minerals. What are you trying to argue?

Water? Who drinks that anymore?

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 16:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

On a related anecdote, many years back I used to only ever drink soda, and any liquid I got from food was minimal. (Yes, I know that's not healthy.) A friend of mine told me that soda dehydrated people more than it hydrated them. No amount of me telling him that that was impossible because I'm not dead could convince him otherwise, because somebody told him, he believed it, he repeated it, and therefore the danger of being wrong was greater than the risk of defying logic.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9