U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level Of Fluoride

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level of Fluoride
U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level of Fluoride
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 13:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
OP presented newly discovered scientific information and the majority of people respond with personal attacks and cries to lock the thread? if you want a thread locked because you don't like it then just don't click on the thread. no one is forcing you to stay and read. if you are one of the followers of science then how can you deny proof and resort to personal attacks? let's put all our personal differences aside and review facts instead of opinions...
No, he cited a policy change.
Policy change was to reduce it down to international standards.

Doesn't mean they are getting rid of it, just lowering it by, what, 1 mg per cubic liter? Whatever the difference between US and international standards are.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-29 13:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fluoride alert

Quote:
COUNTRIES THAT FLUORIDATE THEIR WATER
Fluoride Action Network | August 2012

Quick Facts:

Most developed nations do not fluoridate their water. In western Europe, for example, only 3% of the population consumes fluoridated water.
While 25 countries have water fluoridation programs, 11 of these countries have less than 20% of their population consuming fluoridated water: Argentina (19%), Guatemala (13%), Panama (15%), Papa New Guinea (6%), Peru (2%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), South Korea (6%), the United Kingdom (11%), and Vietnam (4%).
Only 11 countries in the world have more than 50% of their population drinking fluoridated water: Australia (80%), Brunei (95%); Chile (70%), Guyana (62%), Hong Kong (100%), the Irish Republic (73%), Israel (70%), Malaysia (75%), New Zealand (62%), Singapore (100%), and the United States (64%).
In total, 377,655,000 million people worldwide drink artificially fluoridated water. This represents 5% of the world’s population.
There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined.
There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

Quote:
Countries that Fluoridate their Water
(SOURCE: British Fluoridation Society; November 2012)
Country Number of People Drinking Artificially Fluoridated Water % of Population
Argentina 3,100,000 19%
Australia 17,600,000 80%
Brazil 73,200,000 41%
Brunei 375,000 95%
Canada 14,260,000 44%
Chile 11,800,000 70%
Fiji 300,000 36%
Guatemala 1,800,000 13%
Guyana 45,000 62%
Hong Kong 6,968,000 100%
Irish Republic 3,250,000 73%
Israel 5,270,000 70%
Libya 400,000 22%
Malaysia 20,700,000 75.5%
New Zealand 2,330,000 61%
Panama 510,000 15%
Papa New Guinea 102,000 6%
Peru 500,000 2%
Serbia 300,000 3%
Singapore 5,080,000 100%
South Korea 2,820,000 6%
Spain 4,250,000 11%
United Kingdom 5,797,000 11%
United States 194,206,000 64%
Vietnam 3,500,000 4%
Total 369,656,000 5% of the world

SOURCE: British Fluoridation Society (2012). One in a Million: The facts about water fluoridation. Available online at: http://www.bfsweb.org/onemillion/onemillion2012.html (updated Nov. 2012)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 13:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And your point is...what again?

That we should strive to be more like Vietnam, Peru, and Serbia?

I thought you said you loved your country, why are you trying to change it to a 3rd world country? Well, other than economically that is.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 14:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I thought you said you loved your country, why are you trying to change it to a 3rd world country? Well, other than economically that is.
loving your country and believing your country is superior to all others is not the same thing...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

loving your country and believing your country is superior to all others is not the same thing...
How many people died from fluoride poisoning again?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 14:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

this has already been stated:

you need a large dose to die directly from toxicity. it's the slow damage to internal organs over time that are the silent killer going unnoticed until more data has been compiled and reviewed like it has been lately to put these factors into light.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-29 14:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Now post a youtube video to really piss him off! KO Punch!
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-29 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

I'm sure this is the point.
Looking into research provided from the link.
The limited research they have done cherry picks the best statistic areas then puts them against the worst statistic areas. Any idiot can see this.
I can even swap 2 on some and come up with a 0% difference.
It's also funny that they pick the same 2-3 areas each time. Where many other variables could be in play. Like better health care, poorer(more sugary food drink consumption) food/diet, better brushing regime mentality from parents, etc.

But the information provided here is global so it can not be manipulated. And that fact is in the quote.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

you need a large dose to die directly from toxicity. it's the slow damage to internal organs over time that are the silent killer going unnoticed until more data has been compiled and reviewed like it has been lately to put these factors into light.
Has that been proven? According to the American Cancer Society, no.

Are you going to say that a bunch of conspiracy theory nutballs and flower heads know more about cancer than the leading research centers for all cancers?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-29 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you going to say that a bunch of conspiracy theory nutballs and flower heads know more about cancer than the leading research centers for all cancers?
Idk.. some people like to talk about climate scientists like that and you don't seem to have a problem with it lol...
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-04-29 14:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The same trio always looking for conspiracies.

Cause poisoning the wells is totally a business. It's not like those people drink the same water as everyone else, they must be trying to slay the world with their evil obscure plans.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-29 14:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Government is trying to kill everyone, didn't you watch X-Files?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-04-29 14:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead people are easier to rule than living ones.
By rkhan 2015-04-29 14:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Now post a youtube video to really piss him off! KO Punch!

I'm pretty sure he starts feeding deer whilst crying.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-29 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha said: »
It's not like those people drink the same water as everyone else
Silly fool! The most certainly drink from the wellspring of eternal life flavored with the tears of the masses and not from the same source as they peons they seek to subjugate!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-29 14:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead people are easier to rule than living ones.
You don't rule the dead you just throw them in a hole somewhere... unless... they're necromancers now?!?!
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 14:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"We need more data to confirm this ***is killing us, but until then, this ***is killing us."

This forum, man
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-29 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause poisoning the wells is totally a business. It's not like those people drink the same water as everyone else, they must be trying to slay the world with their evil obscure plans.

This is actually not a conspiracy when it is a Fact. Fluoride is a poison.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 14:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Toxicity is in the dosage.

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
This forum, man
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 14:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

This is actually not a conspiracy when it is a Fact. Fluoride is a poison.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-29 15:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has that been proven? According to the American Cancer Society, no.

That's assuming that it's carcinogenic, but I haven't read anything claiming as such.

Fluoride is a hardening agent, which is why it is thought to be beneficial for teeth. But there is a concern (I haven't seen any evidence myself, but then again I haven't been looking for any) that it also hardens organs. If that is the case, it could be a contributor to any number of other conditions, including heart attacks, strokes etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Great! Now somebody just needs to prove it. Otherwise, it's speculation brought about by paranoia.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Great! Now somebody just needs to prove it. Otherwise, it's speculation brought about by paranoia.
aren't you basing it's safety on pure speculation? you haven't proven that there is no effect on internal organs.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 15:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

aren't you basing it's safety on pure speculation? you haven't proven that there is no effect on internal organs.
You haven't proven that there is an effect to internal organs either.

It's up to those who claim that there is damage done to prove that, you know, damage has been done.

/jazzhands.jpg
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-29 15:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. I haven't stopped drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated toothpaste, and don't plan to change my ways anytime soon.

On the other hand though, this could be the asbestos of our time. Another brilliant idea from a previous generation that isn't so great afterall.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-29 15:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Agreed. I haven't stopped drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated toothpaste, and don't plan to change my ways anytime soon.

On the other hand though, this could be the asbestos of our time. Another brilliant idea from a previous generation that isn't so great afterall.
this is a great example of a widely used substance that was thought to be harmless for a very long time until data could be compiled to show a link to its exposure and illness.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-29 15:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

this is a great example of a widely used substance that was thought to be harmless for a very long time until data could be compiled to show a link to its exposure and illness.
So, let's ban it based on speculation?

Anything else you want to ban because you think it might be bad? I'm sure if you allow a certain flower head that power, you would find your life a whole lot worse.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-04-29 15:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On today's episode of Casually Ignoring Quantum Leaps in Data Collection and Concern for Human Safety Over the Last 2000 Years

Be sure to pick up a pair of non-slip shoes for that slope you're on homey
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-29 15:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

All of these elements are found in the human body in various chemical compositions. All of them will kill you with too high of a dose, and many will kill you if you have too little of them. Everything you eat has varying amounts of chemicals, because chemicals make up everything. We don't know exactly how much of anything is safe, because nutritionists and doctors can't make up their mind. That's why we should base things off of what we know can hurt us, not what we think could maybe hurt us in theory. Show me the evidence that fluride hurts internal organs, and it better be a peer-reviewed study. Otherwise, I can't be forced to care about something that maybe can hurt me, but nobody actually knows.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-29 15:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more concerned about the obvious radium in the water supply.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9