Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close
Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 24 25
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 09:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Yeah George Bush, not only was he the Diabolical Mastermind of 9/11 he put the whole thing in motion 1,400 years ago while time traveling...

I wonder if I'm wearing any underwear today...
Sounds more reasonable than any "Truth and Justice" idea out there.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 09:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I love how you constantly re-word your statements

I like how he proves his own point wrong and three people + it like it all makes perfect sense...

Blazed1979 said: »
hahahaha
Blazed1979 said: »
These problems didn't exist before the Iraqi war

US Role in Iran: -1979

The first iraqi war was in 1990

/types slowly and uses small words
/holds blazed hand

DO YOU SEE HOW THE FIRST NUMBER IS SMALLER THAN THE SECOND NUMBER?

THAT IS BECAUSE IT HAPPENED BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR....DUH!

argument
1.an exchange of diverging or opposite views

opposite
1.having a position on the other or further side of something

is
1. third person singular present of be.

Hey bud, he was referring to The United States of America backing Saddam Hussein before they turn coated on him and destabilized the region. That Iraq war he was talking about was the war between Iran and Iraq. Mind you Iran is 1 out of 3 countries with no central bank. We all should know the Bush family as traitors to our own nation. That same family dealt with Nazi Germany, George Herbert Walker and Prescott Bush the whole lot of them dishonor our nation.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-01-22 09:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone knows this story so...

1,383 years ago or One thousand three hundred and eighty three years ago in 632 AD <-IT'S LIKE...ONLY THREE DIGITS!?

Which, despite blazed idiotic statements, happened ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR YEARS BEFORE THE UNITED STATES DECLARED INDEPENDENCE.

The sunni/shia split occurred.... HOW COULD THAT BE!? DID GEORGE BUSH TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!?

No....
After the death of Muhammad, Muslims who accepted Abu Bakr as the first Caliph became known as Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama'ah or "the people of tradition and unification" in order to differentiate them from the Shia, who rejected Abu Bakr's authority in favor of Ali, whom Sunnis accepted as the fourth Caliph rather than the first.

Perhaps incomprehensibly the United States had nothing at all whatsoever with it in even the most remote way...
I don't wish to be part of this discussion, but pointing out the flaws in your post:
-the "Shi'a" referred to in your post and the one predominantly called "Shi'a" today are entirely different groups.
-Nobody implies that the "split" happened because of the US.
-Split != fighting, killing, ergo war.

While the shitty status today in some countries where Shi'a and Sunna are killing each other is heavily fueled by sectarianism, politics do play a role and you can't oversimplify the conflict down to religion. Given the same shitty environment those same people live in, they'll find another reason for conflict, be it ethnic or ideological.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 09:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
-the "Shi'a" referred to in your post and the one predominantly called "Shi'a" today are entirely different groups.

and the proof of your idiotic claim is WHERE!?

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
We all should know the Bush family as traitors to our own nation. That same family dealt with Nazi Germany, George Herbert Walker and Prescott Bush the whole lot of them dishonor our nation.

/shakes his head sadly

I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone so hopelessly unarmed.

I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-01-22 09:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone knows this story so...

1,383 years ago or One thousand three hundred and eighty three years ago in 632 AD <-IT'S LIKE...ONLY THREE DIGITS!?

Which, despite blazed idiotic statements, happened ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR YEARS BEFORE THE UNITED STATES DECLARED INDEPENDENCE.

The sunni/shia split occurred.... HOW COULD THAT BE!? DID GEORGE BUSH TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!?

No....
After the death of Muhammad, Muslims who accepted Abu Bakr as the first Caliph became known as Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama'ah or "the people of tradition and unification" in order to differentiate them from the Shia, who rejected Abu Bakr's authority in favor of Ali, whom Sunnis accepted as the fourth Caliph rather than the first.

Perhaps incomprehensibly the United States had nothing at all whatsoever with it in even the most remote way...

The split actually did not happen right away.

The word Shi'a came out when Omar Bin Al Khattab(raa) became the second caliphate and broke down the Persian empire, due to them being so ego-estic that they still till this day think they are above everyone else, infact they could not stand the fact that an Arab man, who came from the desert of Arabia, as well as had limited cavalry as well as weapons and soldiers took down one of history's greatest empire.

If you look at Shi'a's today, they have special devoted prayers in which curses Omar Bin Al Khataab and his life from how much they hate him.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that both Omar Bin Al Khataab(2nd Caliphate) and Othman(3rd Caliphate) were both assassinated.

PS: Keep in mind, normally Sunni's have absolutely NO problem with Shi'a's, and Sunni's do respect their point of view, whether it's right and wrong, it is their choice and belief.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-22 09:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay...So, as long as this thread has been up the question has been lingering...Who initially stated here on FFXIAH that all Muslims were terrorists? The damn title is defensive and presumptuous to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 09:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Okay...So, as long as this thread has been up the question has been lingering...Who initially stated here on FFXIAH that all Muslims were terrorists? The damn title is defensive and presumptuous to begin with.
I'm sure that somebody will claim that it was all of the conservatives who did.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-22 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the Libaservatines.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 09:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was me!!!

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

DUDE.... if we can't agree on the simplest premise. that the problem started A REALLY *** LONG TIME AGO then you sir, are too stupid for help.

I'm not going to waste another second arguing with you about what *** TIME OF THE DAY IT WAS OVER A THOUSAND YEARS AGO WHEN IT HAPPENED.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 10:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

It was a question that was asked in the title for discussion. Are all Muslims terrorist ? Not Even Close

In my honest opinion to that question i do not think muslims are terrorist. I work with some co-workers who are muslim and honestly i love them they work hard just like me. I feel sorry for the majority who are being blamed by the hatred of a few. The same can be said for anyone advocating faith in general.

There has been a lot of rewording of definitions since 9/11

"Historically, the term terrorism was used to refer to actions taken by governments against their own citizens whereas now it is more often perceived as targeting of non-combatants as part of a strategy directed against governments."

"There is neither an academic nor an international legal consensus regarding the proper definition of the word "terrorism".[6][7] Many scholars believe that the actions of governments can be labeled "terrorism".[8] For example, using the term 'terrorism' to mean violent action used with the predominant intention of causing terror, Paul James and Jonathan Friedman distinguish between state terrorism against non-combatants and state terrorism against combatants, including 'Shock and Awe' tactics:"

Ever since 9/11 the shift of the meaning terrorism has been moved to individuals and groups instead of governments. It should remain with the meaning of " actions taken by governments against their own citizens " as well.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-01-22 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff ....
/shakes his head sadly

I have come to the conclusion that Lordgrim misspells his name.

The correct spelling should be Loldgrim.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 10:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a question that was asked in the title for discussion. Are all Muslims terrorist ? Not Even Close

In my honest opinion to that question i do not think muslims are terrorist. I work with some co-workers who are muslim and honestly i love them they work hard just like me. I feel sorry for the majority who are being blamed by the hatred of a few. The same can be said for anyone advocating faith in general.

There has been a lot of rewording of definitions since 9/11

"Historically, the term terrorism was used to refer to actions taken by governments against their own citizens whereas now it is more often perceived as targeting of non-combatants as part of a strategy directed against governments."

"There is neither an academic nor an international legal consensus regarding the proper definition of the word "terrorism".[6][7] Many scholars believe that the actions of governments can be labeled "terrorism".[8] For example, using the term 'terrorism' to mean violent action used with the predominant intention of causing terror, Paul James and Jonathan Friedman distinguish between state terrorism against non-combatants and state terrorism against combatants, including 'Shock and Awe' tactics:"

Ever since 9/11 the shift of the meaning terrorism has been moved to individuals and groups instead of governments. It should remain with the meaning of " actions taken by governments against their own citizens " as well.
It must be nice to live in your fantasy world where a response to a question about who on this website is answered in contempt to the general scapegoat answer several people of a specific political affiliation would answer would be a direct question on the term "terrorist."

I mean, terrorist was a word in the question, but it wasn't the subject matter.

On a more serious note: wikipedia definitions are changed all of the time. That's the beauty of wikipedia, and also the danger of using it as a source: the ability for anyone to alter the article in question.

But seriously, this is a big boy thread. Kindly GTFO and keep to your childish thread.

Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 10:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Stuff ....
/shakes his head sadly

Wow Chanti so this how you treat those who stick up for you because i did. In the words of Bon jovi " shot through the heart, and your too blame, Chanti you give love, a bad name".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Stuff ....
/shakes his head sadly

Wow Chanti so this how you treat those who stick up for you because i did. In the words of Bon jovi " shot through the heart, and your too blame, Chanti you give love, a bad name".
Chanti will never need to have you stick up for her. In fact, nobody in their right mind would ever turn to you for defense of an argument.

It's usually the other way around, and every single time it's not to defend you but to attack somebody else.

You would need to create reasonable and factual arguments first before anyone see you as a way to create a defensive argument for somebody else.....
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-22 10:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

this is a big boy thread.

have you even read this thing? it is a disaster, & his stupid opinions don't seem to be any better or worse than the trite ***you spew.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 10:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 10:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
this is a big boy thread.

have you even read this thing? it is a disaster, & his stupid opinions don't seem to be any better or worse that the trite ***you spew.
Considered the dribble that Lordgrim spews, this thread is beyond his comprehension, even though it's full of ***.

Age scale, this is a 12 year old's thread. But his own thread is infantile.

And please don't consider me to be anywhere near the same level as him.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-01-22 10:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It was me!!!

DUDE.... if we can't agree on the simplest premise. that the problem started A REALLY *** LONG TIME AGO then you sir, are too stupid for help.

I'm not going to waste another second arguing with you about what *** TIME OF THE DAY IT WAS OVER A THOUSAND YEARS AGO WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Whether you want to agree with me or not, it's your choice. I was just correcting your above statement so people do not get wrong information about the Sunni and Shi'a split that you said happened "right after the Prophet's death" which in fact happened a couple of years afterwards. You need to correct your source bubu.

These topics never ceases to amaze me.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 10:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just correcting your above statement about the Sunni and Shi'a split that you said happened "right after the Prophet's death" which in fact happened a couple of years afterwards. You need to correct your source bubu.

No I don't. My point stands uncontested and undisputed. The wikipedia being off a couple years doesn't invalidate my point that the problem started

A REALLY LONG TIME AGO

We are talking about events that took place well over a thousand years before the United States of America Existed in which case the precise date or the correct time of *** day is

COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 10:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW...

JUST WOW...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-01-22 10:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just correcting your above statement about the Sunni and Shi'a split that you said happened "right after the Prophet's death" which in fact happened a couple of years afterwards. You need to correct your source bubu.

No I don't. My point stands uncontested and undisputed. The wikipedia being off a couple years doesn't invalidate my point that the problem started

A REALLY LONG TIME AGO

We are talking about events that took place well over a thousand years before the United States of America Existed in which case the precise date or the correct time of *** day is

COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT

ok.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You need more oversized words Nik, I don't think Dubai gets it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 11:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok.

Now we are getting somewhere!

Now all we have to do is fix the problems rather than continuing to attempt to fix the blame which accomplishes NOTHING.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-22 11:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, if only there were youtube videos we could use as evidence against Lordgrim's evidence...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You need more oversized words Nik, I don't think Dubai gets it.

no... I think we are on the brink of an important breakthrough in islamo-american relations....

of course unfortunately it's happening on a third party hack website of a fifteen year old video game only crazy people, myself included, still play...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Now, if only there were youtube videos we could use as evidence against Lordgrim's evidence...

I think we need someone to volunteer to drink the tincture and get into the flotation tank from the movie "Altered States"...

Altered States

Dubai- Try to not get your panties in a bunch if wikipedia got the usa or europe release dates wrong... or something.

Lordgrim- I am making fun of you by suggesting one of us would have to devolve into a chimp~like state in order to have a discussion with you that you would understand... act offended as if you understand the reference.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-22 11:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you know, I didn't think so before this thread started, but the longer it goes on, the more I do think all muslims are terrorists.
By charlo999 2015-01-22 11:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On a more serious note: wikipedia definitions are changed all of the time. That's the beauty of wikipedia, and also the danger of using it as a source: the ability for anyone to alter the article in question.

So
you've established youtube can't be used as a medium to portray information from other more reliable sources and experts, because of its multi use with entertainment and other things.
Wiki can't be used as a source because it can be changed.
Mainstream media can't be used, as we've mentioned, because each has its own agenda politicly, and can skew reports.

I'm interested in what sources you deem applicable.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-01-22 11:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

-Nobody implies that the "split" happened because of the US.
-Split != fighting, killing, ergo war.

and the proof of your idiotic claim is WHERE!?
So I take it that's the only part you "politely" disagreed with?
And you're demanding proof of a claim while you didn't provide any for yours?

If you knew anything about Twelvers you'd have a clue. Try to comprehend what's written on wikipedia better than that.

It's interesting that your only "contributions" so far are nothing but childish drivel.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »

So
you've established youtube can't be used as a medium to portray information from other more reliable sources and experts, because of its multi use with entertainment and other things.
Wiki can't be used as a source because it can be changed.
Mainstream media can't be used, as we've mentioned, because each has its own agenda politicly, and can skew reports.

I'm interested in what sources you deem applicable.
If you refer to "mainstream media" to be the same as "mainstream news articles" then you are incorrect. While there is bias in the reporting of articles, as long as you are able to take the biased out (and not all articles are reported in a biased way, even from the most biased of news outlets, even huffington post gets something right every now and then) and present the events and facts, that can be used as a source.

But another perfectly acceptable source could be (not always) peer-reviewed journal articles. You know, articles you don't see everyday (or in your case, ever).
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 24 25