Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close
Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-20 20:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how long it will take before the people there say enough is enough and fight back.
By Blazed1979 2015-01-21 09:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I wonder how long it will take before the people there say enough is enough and fight back.

They are saying enough is enough. Strike that; they are actually doing something about it.

Problem is they (ISIS) have been trained by defectors who have been trained by the US. A civilian population stands no chance. Even the arms they are using are American.

The official military is a joke. Loyalty is to tribe and kin, not state. Thanks to Maliki who basically used his presidency as a means to appease the Shia and settle old scores.

He's worse than Sadam though. Sadam's Ba'athist party at least had loyalty towards the state and the party.

In Kurdish regions, Kurds have evicted Arabs from their homes and told them to get going.

That of course causes Arabs in Arab majority areas to kick out kurds from their neighbourhoods and tell them to hit the road.

Its a vicious triangle. Shia vs non-shia vs Kurds vs ISIS vs Shia vs Kurds vs Non-Shia vs Kurds.

If you're a normal average every day person and pretty level headed, you're squatting in some remote region and waiting for this to end or pretending to be loyal to whichever faction is trending. Until that is you're children and parents get mutilated and krispy kremed by a drone strike. Then you're pro-ISIS and have nothing to loose and just want to see the world burn.

What a mess...

Big thank you to the US for the hell they've created.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-21 10:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you're welcome
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-21 10:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The US defintely fanned some flames but by no means were these problems created by the US.
By Blazed1979 2015-01-21 14:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The US defintely fanned some flames but by no means were these problems created by the US.

These problems didn't exist before the Iraqi war.

Sunni and Shia live together just fine in many other countries. Why aren't they killing each other everywhere else?

Don't kid yourself. The US and saiks-pico shoulder the lion's share of blame.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-21 14:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-01-21 14:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what blazed is saying is that while they definitely didn't like each other prior to the Iraq war, Saddam's reign over them was strong enough where they wouldn't dare stir up trouble and fight the way they're openly doing so now. He may be evil/etc, but at least he was good for keeping the peace between the two fractions.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-21 14:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sunni and Shia live together just fine in many other countries. Why aren't they killing each other everywhere else?
Uh, because they are?
Problems between Sunni and Shia isn't exactly new.
By Blazed1979 2015-01-21 14:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder

US Role in Iran:
1. US topples Iranian democratically elected government
2. US installs Shah. (Iran used to be the US's #1 ally in the region, during Shah's reign)
3. Iranians overthrow Shah through popular revolution. They are anti-American due to years of blind support for an oppressive regime, headed by the Shah.
4. Exiled Khomani is given supreme power. Revolution branded as Islamic. Shiaa Islam is given a mission by the Khomani to spread across the world.
All this is due to US foreign policy in the region.

US Role in Iraq:

1. US and UK empower and embolden Sadam Hussein by providing military arms funded by Arab states, who fear Iran's new found ambitions to spread shiaa islam across the arabian peninsula, which came about as a result of US meddling in Iranian internal affairs.

2.Sadam goes to war with Iran, back by the Arabs and the west.
Iraq emerges victorious, but only slightly.

3. Sadam, emboldened by a conversation with US officials attacks Kuwait over oil disputes.

4. US shows false satelite images to Saudi Arabia, that show Iraqi troops massing on their northern border.

5. Saudi Arabia and Arab states, after being fooled by the US, give green light to US to use their airspace for airstrikes and sign on to allow military basis to be established in their land.

6.US never finishes off Sadam or his regime, but impose a decades worth of crippling sanctions that result in the death of more than 1,000,000 Iraqi's, the majority of which are children due to the nature of the sanctions.

7. Sept. 11th, the rest you should know if you're not a total moron.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-01-21 14:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Uh, because they are?

***, show me where, outside Iraq, Sunni and Shia are killing each other?

I'm from the country with the highest population ratio of Shiaa after Iraq in the gulf; the UAE.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 21:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

you hit the nail on the head blazed. Another reason why the U.S switched sides to backing Saddam was also due to banking. Iran today is still 1 of 3 countries left in this world without a central bank. This should not come a surprise to anyone but central banks and nations who have them, love war. It is no coincidence we had a century of total war that coincided with a century of central banking. A lot of nations use to not have central banks. This is another reason why i am so against it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-21 23:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, because they are?

I'm from the country with the highest population ratio of Shiaa after Iraq in the gulf; the UAE.
First one that I can think of: Pakistan

Your conclusion that they live "just fine" together in many other places, they also don't. I'm pretty sure open discrimination, forbiding religious ceramonies, and calling for the destruction of churches is not "just fine", which is what has occurred/is occuring in Saudi Arabia.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 00:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Uh, because they are?

Your conclusion that they live "just fine" together in many other places, they also don't. I'm pretty sure open discrimination, forbiding religious ceramonies, and calling for the destruction of churches is not "just fine", which is what has occurred/is occuring in Saudi Arabia.

Kara I hope you realize that those nations you mentioned are not the United States of America which allows the freedom to practice religion. Also note Pakistan recently had a government change of hands to Hamas.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-22 00:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Uh, because they are?

Kara I hope you realize that those nations you mentioned are not the United States of America which allows the freedom to practice religion. Also note Pakistan recently had a government change of hands to Hamas.
Yes....I know they are outside the US.

I hope you realize Lordgrim that I was responding to Blazed stating that the only killing is occuring between Sunni and Shia is in Iraq. That's not true and your regime change has no bearing on what I stated. There has been conflicts leading to death in Pakistan since 1998, that I am aware of. I'm sure others can point to an earlier date.

As for freedom to practice religion people throughout the world (UN declaration of human rights) consider that a fundamental right. Whether a country "allows" it or not does not negate that fact.

Editd wording
[+]
By Schutz 2015-01-22 00:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to follow the conversation passively, here, but just for clarification, are you by chance confusing the de jure State of Palestine with the country of Pakistan?
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 01:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring the change of hands as the country supporting Palestine hamas. Yes sorry I forgot to type hamas from Palestine which is recognized as government inside Israel by Pakistan. I was just saying Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are nothing like the u.s in terms to the right to freedom of religion and the choice to practice or not. Also note not every nation inside and out the u.n adopt or practice u.n policy.

Edit. The sad thing is u.s has adopted policy of the u.n that I find absolutely illegal and against my nation's constitution. Only congress has the right to issue laws on u.s soil. Look up Agenda 21 from the United nations. It is being practiced in the u.s.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-22 01:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring the change of hands as the country supporting Palestine hamas. Yes sorry I forgot to type hamas from Palestine which is recognized as government inside Israel by Pakistan. I was just saying Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are nothing like the u.s in terms to the right to freedom of religion and the choice to practice or not. Also note not every nation inside and out the u.n adopt or practice u.n policy.

I did not mention Palestine.

Pakistan is a widely acknowledged country.

Palestine is and is not an acknowledged country
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 02:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit. The sad thing is u.s has adopted policy of the u.n that I find absolutely illegal and against my nation's constitution. Only congress has the right to issue laws on u.s soil. Look up Agenda 21 from the United nations. It is being practiced in the u.s.

I know they are two different places. You misunderstood me and I apologize if you think I was attacking or attempting to offend. All I was trying to say was in that region of the world the freedom to practice unhindered and protected is not a right. And in some.if not all cases if your open about a different view your safety and life are in danger.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-22 02:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know they are two different places. You misunderstood me and I apologize if you think I was attacking or attempting to offend. All I was trying to say was in that region of the world the freedom to practice unhindered and protected is not a right. And in some.if not all cases if your open about a different view your safety and life are in danger.

You confused Pakistan and Palestine. Pakistan is not governed by Hamas. It happens quite a bit for some reason between those two country names.

Either way, moving on.

The freedom to practice religion is a fundamental right. Just like the right to not be killed because you are a different color, different religion, etc.

Are you familiar with the Rwanda genocide? It was carried out by the majority religious followers (85%~ of Rwanda) on the religious minority followers (14%~ of Rwanda). The goal was to exterminate them. This was sanctioned at the highest levels of government and carried out by the Army and regular citizens.

Just because it wasn't against the law in Rwanda (in fact, it was encouraged) does not make it acceptable.

My point: fundamental rights are basic rights that all humans have regardless of what the local government believes, allows, or sanctions.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 03:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally agree with your point and understand and advocate natural law. A good example I can give is my nation's first ten amendments known as the bill of rights. Even in the u.s human rights are being violated not as extremely as Rwanda but it is a beginning to the same effect not with religion, but with government. I never confused Pakistan with Palestine I forgot to type that Pakistan supports and acknowledges Palestine s Hamas leadership inside the nation of Israel. I apologized you misunderstood me.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-22 03:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In Rwanda they was killing Christians which was a minority in that nation. Like I said in that region of the world the right to openly practice and acknowledge it publicly can put your safety at risk or life. Islam and extremism is two different things I realize folks are hijacking the name of faiths and freedoms to commit atrocities. All of this leads to attacks on faith and freedoms which is a constant battle to keep.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-01-22 03:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, because they are?

Isolated events that occur under exceptional circumstances does not demonstrate institutionalized and culturally ingrained differences.
Choosing an exception to demonstrate the Norm, how pitiful.

If people made assumptions and observations using your methodology they would classify several european nations as entrenched in a war against minorities.

pathetic.

You don't seem to know ***-all about Pakistan. Good job being able to distinguish it from Palestine though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-22 07:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Isolated events that occur under exceptional circumstances does not demonstrate institutionalized and culturally ingrained differences.
Choosing an exception to demonstrate the Norm, how pitiful.

If people made assumptions and observations using your methodology they would classify several european nations as entrenched in a war against minorities.

pathetic.

You don't seem to know ***-all about Pakistan. Good job being able to distinguish it from Palestine though.
Ahhhh.

I love how you constantly re-word your statements
Quote:

They are killing each other in many countries.

You did not say:

Quote:
You get to decide what are isolated and exceptional circumstances?

No, that is your opinion.

What is your opinion based on? Mine is based on news reports, foreign affairs expert opinions, eye wittness testimonies, and human rights groups. A large part of the rest of the world disagrees with you.

Thousands of people have been killed in Pakistan between Sunni and Shia. Suicide bombs, normal bombings, mass shootings, executions, targeted assisnations, etc.

I don't remember the EU governments doing this to minorities recently. I don't think an army/militia has stopped a bus and killed all Shia the minorities aboard.

Actually you seem to know jack ***about Pakistan if you are saying thousands of people dying over the years does not indicate a pattern of issues that has perpetrated for decades between the two groups. That's the very defination of long term problems that are culturally ingrained. (Depending on how you choose to define long term)

Are all Suuni and Shia killing each other in Pakistan? No.
Are Sunni and Shia killing each other in Pakistan because of religion? Yes. Some areas are worse than others
Has it always been this way? No.

There are over 40 countries with Sunni and Shia sects. In some of the countries Sunni and Shia do not get along "just fine"; violence, death, property destruction, discrimination on a daily basis occurs. You hate it when people lump Muslims together when discussing a topic but you continue to claim insult on all of their behalf or understanding on how all of them live together throughout the world.

What's ironic is a lot of the strife in Pakistan between Sunni and Shia is blammed on other countries interferrence (among other reasons). Which you could have argued makes your point for you. Outside influence causes the problems. Instead your knee jerk response is to attack without bothering to do an iota of research because you must defend your uninformed opinions at all costs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-01-22 08:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we had an ISIS thread already. Why was this posted here?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 08:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how you constantly re-word your statements

I like how he proves his own point wrong and three people + it like it all makes perfect sense...

hahahaha
These problems didn't exist before the Iraqi war

US Role in Iran: -1979

The first iraqi war was in 1990

/types slowly and uses small words
/holds blazed hand

DO YOU SEE HOW THE FIRST NUMBER IS SMALLER THAN THE SECOND NUMBER?

THAT IS BECAUSE IT HAPPENED BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR....DUH!

argument
1.an exchange of diverging or opposite views

opposite
1.having a position on the other or further side of something

is
1. third person singular present of be.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-01-22 08:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, because they are?

Yes....I know they are outside the US.

I hope you realize Lordgrim that I was responding to Blazed stating that the only killing is occuring between Sunni and Shia is in Iraq. That's not true and your regime change has no bearing on what I stated. There has been conflicts leading to death in Pakistan since 1998, that I am aware of. I'm sure others can point to an earlier date.

As for freedom to practice religion people throughout the world (UN declaration of human rights) consider that a fundamental right. Whether a country "allows" it or not does not negate that fact.

Editd wording

Just to add something:

Islam gave that right 1,400 years ago and it is not different now. The changes and bannings and genocides you see now that is happening in a Muslim country would be the wrong-doing of the government and not "a" religion.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 08:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone knows this story so...

1,383 years ago or One thousand three hundred and eighty three years ago in 632 AD <-IT'S LIKE...ONLY THREE DIGITS!?

Which, despite blazed idiotic statements, happened ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR YEARS BEFORE THE UNITED STATES DECLARED INDEPENDENCE.

The sunni/shia split occurred.... HOW COULD THAT BE!? DID GEORGE BUSH TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!?

No....
After the death of Muhammad, Muslims who accepted Abu Bakr as the first Caliph became known as Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama'ah or "the people of tradition and unification" in order to differentiate them from the Shia, who rejected Abu Bakr's authority in favor of Ali, whom Sunnis accepted as the fourth Caliph rather than the first.

Perhaps incomprehensibly the United States had nothing at all whatsoever with it in even the most remote way...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-22 08:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DID GEORGE BUSH TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!?
Considering the way of reasoning of some posters here, you probably might be onto something!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-22 09:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah George Bush, not only was he the Diabolical Mastermind of 9/11 he put the whole thing in motion 1,400 years ago while time traveling...

I wonder if I'm wearing any underwear today...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-22 09:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
The changes and bannings and genocides you see now that is happening in a Muslim country would be the wrong-doing of the government and not "a" religion.
Are these genocides a result of a religious "law"?

If the answer is yes, then it would be considered the wrong-doing of a religion and not a government. The government should not have delegated it's core principle to a religion in the first place, but the blame would be placed solely on the origin of the law itself.

Now, if there was a law where stoning people who are considered idiots was available, there would be no humans in existence today.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25