St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Considering in the second paragraph of the article, he clearly says he's sorry Brown died...

Quote:
Wilson said that he was sorry that Brown had died, but “he would not do anything differently that day,” according to Stephanopoulos. “He did what he was trained to do. He was simply doing his job.”

He did what he was trained to do.

That already shows remorse at a regretful outcome, even if he doesn't regret the actions. He takes no pleasure in it, but would still act accordingly to how he was trained.

Even your own link shows that you're wrong.

I would say that he needs to spend more time on the range as his aim is awful, he should have brought him down with 3 shots to center mass and been done with it.

edit: that being said, to be fair his head was probably ringing from the beating he had just got, so his aim was probably shaky as hell.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-11-26 15:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Thoae two things are also a snack and a drink.
Cocoa powder and flour are two ingredients for home-made brownies. Which you could put lots of (sometimes illegal) things in.
They can also be used in dust explosions.
There are a huge number of common substances that can be used for obscure, dangerous, or potentially illegal purposes. That's one of thr reasons why it does little good to even mention such irrelevant facts.

By Bloodrose 2014-11-26 15:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologizing, and regretting the outcome, shows remorse. Even if one does not regret the actions they were 1. trained to take to save lives from imminent threat to themselves, or the public at large, 2. According to your article, he did show remorse, and was deeply saddened by having to kill, even though he felt it necessary to save his own life.

He also admitted that the actions he took would have been applied to a white person attempting to do the same.

Additionally, you have no experience in the medical profession, nor access to his actual medical records, as you are not his doctor, licensed as one, or even have the basic inkling that damage to the orbital socket will not be seen through the skin or flesh, unless there is a gaping wound there.

People can and have broken bones with little more than a bruise to show for it, until an X-ray is done.
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-26 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

By Bloodrose 2014-11-26 15:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Being punched in the face by a 290lb 18 year old would make pretty much anyone shaky as ***. That's a lot of force and pressure per square inch upon contact - enough to rattle the brain, and potentially leave it damaged, among other tissue and bone. Being hit where he was, it could also lead to blindness in one or both eyes down the road.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-26 15:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Cocoa powder and flour are two ingredients for home-made brownies. Which you could put lots of (sometimes illegal) things in.
There are a huge number of common substances that can be used for obscure, dangerous, or potentially illegal purposes. That's one of thr reasons why it does little good to even mention such irrelevant facts.

That's nice. History of alleged or claimed use doesn't really mean much, particularly from young males. It is one of the (many) reasons why testimonies are extremely weak forms of evidence.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-11-26 15:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...

Video of that nice young man everybody is up and arms about.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
volkom said: »
I'm mostly disturbed by the fact that somebody was moronic enough to put cash money in his mouth, surprised he hadn't died long ago from disease, money and humans are *** gross.
ftfm, as that's apparently not Brown.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-11-26 15:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's nice. History of alleged or claimed use doesn't really mean much, particularly from young males. It is one of the (many) reasons why testimonies are extremely weak forms of evidence.

Yeah your right... He probably really wanted some skittles and Arizona ice tea...
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

good thing this isn't court, but the *** was still a worthless thug.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah your right... He probably really wanted some skittles and Arizona ice tea...
to be fair, I've sold a lot of both over the years, and people usually do consume them in their intended forms.
By volkom 2014-11-26 15:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

and twinkies
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-11-26 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Same store owner M.Brown stole a box of cigars from the day he died...

Because I guess he had it coming...
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-26 15:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

shop owner didn't do a damn thing wrong either.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-26 15:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen that picture a bunch of times and every time I keep saying "dude seems to have most of his merch still, its just knocked down."

Look at the back refrigerators. Everything is still stocked.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-11-26 15:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Jetackuu said: »
If that's what you gathered from my statement then I apologize, I know full well that cops are ***, and I've expressed my general disdain for them previously.

I'm for getting rid of stop and frisk and getting rid of all possession charges on drugs as well.

But in the two particular cases of which were being discussed it was two thugs who got shot, not saying the situations didn't stink all around but that's still the truth, and that's irrelevant of their tone of skin, I don't give a *** if they were purple.

Hell I'm probably giving them a little leeway as if they were wight I'd probably call them inbred *** who have poor frontal lobe development, I surely know enough of them, they keep getting locked up and ffs I wish they'd stop letting them out.
So it's now a crime to be walking home carrying a bag of skittles. Ok, Batman. Time someone took your weapons away before you hurt someone else.

Skittles and Arizona Watermelon, two ingredients for a home-made PCP-like drug called Lean, just FYI since the kid was serving a suspension from school, and was also carrying a bag with Marijuana residue on it.
There are a huge number of common substances that can be used for obscure, dangerous, or potentially illegal purposes. That's one of the reasons why it does little good to even mention such irrelevant facts.

And the fact he has a record with using illegal drugs?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I've seen that picture a bunch of times and every time I keep saying "dude seems to have most of his merch still, its just knocked down."

Look at the back refrigerators. Everything is still stocked.
That's still a good bit of damage, seems to be damaged fixtures as well.

Also: the cooler could use a good stocking.

Hopefully he had insurance.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Again: there's no evidence of racism.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-26 15:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Being punched in the face by a 290lb 18 year old would make pretty much anyone shaky as ***. That's a lot of force and pressure per square inch upon contact - enough to rattle the brain, and potentially leave it damaged, among other tissue and bone. Being hit where he was, it could also lead to blindness in one or both eyes down the road.
Being punched squarely in the face by almost anyone can/will shake one up. It also will generally either daze them, or make them enormously pissed off, potentially both.
One thing which strikes me as interesting, and perhaps Voren can weigh in on, is how easy/difficult it is to unholster your sidearm while in a sitting position in such a confined place. I'm under the assumption the seat belt was disengaged, which reduces the difficulty.
*note* i hate touch keyboards
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-26 15:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
fake

Couldn't find whether the pic is real or not, but Skittles is slang for Coricidin, an OTC medication used in lean. He was not carrying such medication.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I've always seen those in the capsule like form, never the ones that do actually look like skittles, hmm.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 15:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

*note* i hate touch keyboards
I'm having trouble finding a new phone with a physical one, they're just a rare breed anymore.
By volkom 2014-11-26 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wilson was in his vehicle at the start, when Brown started slugging him. As stated, that's something I'm not going to argue about.

He was just assaulted....what cop wouldn't pull our a weapon for defense just incase.

Wilson had the ability, if he so chose, to roll the window he had down, back up to restrain Brown's arm.
Okay. Roll up the window fine. Back up sure. Still has to get out of the car. to restrain the guy.

There was no need to go right to the gun
He was just assaulted....

no need to take a life
Probably not but the officer did feel that his life was threatened when brown attacked him.

Brown himself put his arm into a situation where a smart, non-racist cop could easily restrain him to take him into custody.
A smart non-racist cop would restrain and put the guy into custody but Brown assaulted the officer more than once. Maybe it could've have had a different outcome but fight or flight
By Bloodrose 2014-11-26 16:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We need Stephen Colbert on the case, because he doesn't see race!

I would like to argue that any sane person being slugged in the face by a 290 pound person, isn't going to be in the right frame of mind at all, particularly when they have reason to believe their life is in danger.

There was no reason for Brown to go up to, and slug a sitting officer in the face - it's not something sane people do.

You threaten a person's life by attacking them, they are going to remove the threat by any force they are 1. trained to respond to (if they have any training) 2. Any force they deem necessary to subdue, remove, or Eliminate in order to save their own life, or the lives of people in the vicinity.

But Kooljack has left Sanityville many moons ago.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-11-26 16:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Couldn't find whether the pic is real or not, but Skittles is slang for Coricidin, an OTC medication used in lean. He was not carrying such medication.

People have been using jolly ranchers and sprite and other forms to make different types of lean. I'm talking Nerds and grape soda, Sour straws and snapples, etc... using cough syrup.

By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-11-26 16:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So somebody facing a murder charge says he acted in self-defense, huh?

Well, I do believe we've cracked this case wide open!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-11-26 16:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19