Men Notice Women, Somehow This Is News.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Men notice women, somehow this is news.
Men notice women, somehow this is news.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 10:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
It's so easy to say men this and men that. But when men say "Hey not all guys are like that" they just turn it around and say "Well not all men... you want a gold star since you aren't a rapist like the rest of your kind"
Man, I hear too many of these types of arguments, some of them from men themselves, mainly to troll though.

But if there's to be change to occur, then all women must agree to not flaunt their stuff, or appear attractive, or even allow men to take control of their dating lives (asking out, taking out, etc.)
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all men are rapists but according to this video I just watched they are !

It is hard to be a woman with all the men trying to rape me when I walk to Starbucks every day !

Rape culture is deep down in that pumpkin spice latte.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 10:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Women everywhere. Get this.

It slices, it dices, and makes you safe. No more fearing men. Just remember to take it out for prince charming.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/rapex.asp
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-31 10:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, she has had some bad experiences with men, that much is obvious.

Maybe a few bad dates, I highly doubt it's any worse than that because if it was, she wouldn't be sharing her viewpoints on a forum.

She needs to understand that not all guys are like those in the video, and in general we don't get any much worse than saying "Hello" to her.
You just suggested that what you've went through at the hands of women is far worse than anything she could have ever gone through and you're still sharing your viewpoints...

She's already acknowledged that not all men are like that.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-31 10:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing, I'm sure you understand this, but those guys are initiating the contact to go out with that woman. If she really wants to not have those contacts, then she should not dress attractively (even with those clothes she was still dressing attractively). Wear fake glasses, baggy/torn clothing, or whatever she feels would make her unattractive and she would not receive these catcalls (or not as much).
It really doesn't mater what you wear. We can wear sweats and our hair in curlers and still have guys try to hit on us.

Aww, this thread got demained....
You can leave now. Your work here is done.

She needs to understand that not all guys are like those in the video, and in general we don't get any much worse than saying "Hello" to her....
In general no but it gets much worse in particular.

How much worse? Rape and murder worse.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Women everywhere. Get this.

It slices, it dices, and makes you safe. No more fearing men. Just remember to take it out for prince charming.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/rapex.asp
Ouch. That's just....oww...

Yeah, we need more products like this, but just think of all of the "accidents" that will happen due to women getting used to this and forgetting to take it out when it comes to happy time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 10:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
It really doesn't mater what you wear. We can wear sweats and our hair in curlers and still have guys try to hit on us.
Don't worry Chanti, I'm sure they stop hitting on you 25 years ago.

So wait, are you implying that a significant number of males who initiate dates with women do so to rape and/or murder women?

Just seeing if you are like other women who automatically fear men for no reason at all.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-31 10:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so easy to say men this and men that. But when men say "Hey not all guys are like that" they just turn it around and say "Well not all men... you want a gold star since you aren't a rapist like the rest of your kind"
Man, I hear too many of these types of arguments, some of them from men themselves, mainly to troll though.

But if there's to be change to occur, then all women must agree to not flaunt their stuff, or appear attractive, or even allow men to take control of their dating lives (asking out, taking out, etc.)
The things you say sometimes... they bring me great laughter...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Street harassment is a gateway drug it leads to murder !

One minute you are saying "hey baby I like your body" the next minute you take an ax to her face !
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Chanti, I'm sure they stop hitting on you 25 years ago.

So wait, are you implying that a significant number of males who initiate dates with women do so to rape and/or murder women?

Just seeing if you are like other women who automatically fear men for no reason at all.

95% of men rape and murder women 100% of the time !
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 10:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, we need more products like this, but just think of all of the "accidents" that will happen due to women getting used to this and forgetting to take it out when it comes to happy time.

Agreed. In some places in the world Rape can occur very very fast. especially in 3rd world Country's where women's rights are trampled on everyday. Heck there have been story's of woman getting raped and then husband disowns her. Crazy world we live in to give money to stop catcalling but in other parts of the world the extreme is committed daily and no one bats a eye.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But being annoyed in public is equivalent to verbal rape !
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 10:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
But being annoyed in public is equivalent to verbal rape !

don't forget those stares. *_*
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In the world we live in today I'm surprised anyone talks to anyone in real life.

I've been to NYC and never in my life did I feel more alone.

You are surrounded by people that don't talk to each other...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-31 10:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get how you guys see stuff like this and automatically jump to every woman sees every man as a rapist lol...

I start to wonder what kind of fragile little man is sitting on the other side of that computer because normal men don't jump to or come to that conclusion...

It's also pretty funny that not only do some of you go straight to the defensive when it supposedly has nothing to do with you but you also go on the offensive and start right off insulting people as well... This puts you at least at the level of what you're accusing these women of if not lower...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You have never heard of sarcasm it is the latest craze. Everything on the internet has to be taken at face value.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-10-31 10:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. In some places in the world Rape can occur very very fast. especially in 3rd world Country's where women's rights are trampled on everyday. Heck there have been story's of woman getting raped and then husband disowns her. Crazy world we live in to give money to stop catcalling but in other parts of the world the extreme is committed daily and no one bats a eye.
According to the article that device was created in a city in South Africa which has been labelled as the rape capital of the world, and everyone is condemning it.

If potential rapists knew of the existence of such a device don't you think it would give them pause for concern. If nothing else it's a great deterrent, I don't know why so many people are against it.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 10:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
In the world we live in today I'm surprised anyone talks to anyone in real life.

I've been to NYC and never in my life did I feel more alone.

You are surrounded by people that don't talk to each other...

Try living there. Nothing more awkward then the morning commute. Basically slammed in to a packed subway train with people over people. People Screaming "EXCUSE ME" and "CAN YOU MOVE".

[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 10:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I found NYC to be depressing I mean it is a pretty place to visit but to actually live there...
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 10:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

According to the article that device was created in a city in South Africa which has been labelled as the rape capital of the world, and everyone is condemning it.

If potential rapists knew of the existence of such a device don't you think it would give them pause for concern. If nothing else it's a great deterrent, I don't know why so many people are against it.
I've watched several reports; the reason a lot of people were condemning it is because it is easily abused, but that was in the states.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 11:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

I've watched several reports; the reason a lot of people were condemning it is because it is easily abused, but that was in the states.
Easily abused? How so?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 11:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily abused? How so?
Please tell me you're joking.

Potential rape victims aren't the only ones who would get a hold of a RapeX. Many were afraid it'd be used as revenge on a cheating husband or something. Cheating is bad but it doesn't warrant the guy's penis being shredded or him being labelled as a rapist by a hospital.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-31 11:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
I'm perfectly aware that most men aren't like what we saw in the video, most men are nice, decent guys. And instead of saying some guys here defend the kind of behaviour seen in the video, I should have said they seem to think it's simply something women should put up with and not make a fuss about.

I don't know though. Maybe it's just the difference between America and my part of Europe - I can guarantee you it wouldn't be possible to recreate this video getting the same result in any city in Norway. I guess it's just the sheer number of men throwing comments her way that completely baffles me - it happens once every sixth minute. In broad daylight, wearing dull clothes, not dressed up in any way, not seeking attention in any way.

Maybe I'm oldfashioned. But what happened to approaching a woman with a little bit of finesse, you know? Meh.

Most of Europe is just too far ahead of the US to compare.
The US should be compared to countries like Mexico or Brazil.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 11:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily abused? How so?
Please tell me you're joking.

Potential rape victims aren't the only ones who would get a hold of a RapeX. Many were afraid it'd be used as revenge on a cheating husband or something. Cheating is bad but it doesn't warrant the guy's penis being shredded or him being labelled as a rapist by a hospital.
To be honest, I never thought of the cheating revenge part.

Most everyone I deal with doesn't do that, so it's not on my radar 99% of the time.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-31 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you want to end harassment stop bein such pussies womenfolk you have the power to easily strip men of their dignity
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-31 12:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing, I'm sure you understand this, but those guys are initiating the contact to go out with that woman. If she really wants to not have those contacts, then she should not dress attractively (even with those clothes she was still dressing attractively). Wear fake glasses, baggy/torn clothing, or whatever she feels would make her unattractive and she would not receive these catcalls (or not as much).

That is complete and utter BS. Give me ONE good reason why men's behaviour should dictate what a woman wears in public. Why should a woman have to make sure she looks like sh** every time she walks out the door to avoid unwanted sexual attention? Why can't those over-eager men instead learn to control themselves, their actions and what comes out of their mouths?

Blazed1979 said: »
Most of Europe is just too far ahead of the US to compare.
The US should be compared to countries like Mexico or Brazil.

Whether we're ahead of the US or not I don't know. However there's no doubt that there are differences, quite significant ones too.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-10-31 12:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Tamoa, women shouldn't have to dress down just to avoid unwanted attention. If a woman is attractive she's going to attract attention no matter how she dresses. That's the definition of what attractive is. How a man acts on that is down to him not the woman. An attractive woman could dress like a homeless person and still get unwanted attention.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 12:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there's a big assumption that women "dress up" to get attention. If you're at a club and a woman is dressed skimpy, yeah maybe she's looking for a bit of attention. If she's dressed nice, just walking down the street in the middle of the day, she's probably just dressing nice for her, not for attention. Honestly, who wants to go out looking like a hobo?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 12:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
That is complete and utter BS. Give me ONE good reason why men's behaviour should dictate what a woman wears in public. Why should a woman have to make sure she looks like sh** every time she walks out the door to avoid unwanted sexual attention? Why can't those over-eager men instead learn to control themselves, their actions and what comes out of their mouths?
If a lady is dressing to get/garner attention, especially towards those of an opposite sex, then why *** about it when they receive the attention?

Now, every woman is different and everyone dresses differently, so it's hard to see some women dressing for attention and those who aren't, but you have to admit that there are plenty of women who adore and even want the attention they receive.

Why not go after them first before going after guys? Because it's easier doesn't mean it's effective.

As for men wolf whistling and cat calling, I can't answer that for you because those guys are those guys regardless.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-31 12:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Some girls appreciate a more direct approach, but that's one thing and being rude is another. I'm not stopping for the guy who yells "yo blondie you look like you'd give good head!"
Ooh lets turn this thread into "most memorable attempted pick-up lines" thread.

Amusing ones are better, but the majority of them have been annoying or insulting for me.

"Don't you know on Martin Luther King's day every white woman should kiss a black man?" *(<-- the way it was said, as a joke in order to start a conversation, was amusing)

"Here's my number if you ever get bored" *(<--I was busy with friends eating dinner and he presented it like he was doing me a favor. Annoying)

"You don't wanna say "Hi", you should suck my *** then" *(<--obviously insulting)

*my reaction
You see, at a vulgar comment you can just roll your eyes and keep walking, hell sometimes even laugh if it's done right(but don't get me wrong, it's usually very annoying); but what I find much much much worse is when a man becomes aggressive after you turn him down. And I don't know about you but this happens very often, like they're entitled to your attention and availability.
No, just no, go away.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10