Men Notice Women, Somehow This Is News.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Men notice women, somehow this is news.
Men notice women, somehow this is news.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-30 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll play some devil's advocate here:

If women weren't such a cryptic pain in the *** ***... all those guys who hit on her probably would've been in relationships and left her alone.

Blame women for the way men act.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 19:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

If women weren't such a cryptic pain in the *** ***... all those guys who hit on her probably would've been in relationships and left her alone.

Both sexes are to blame.
Men for being animals that seem to think they have the right to harass women.
Women for insisting on being oblivious to biology.

edit: Everyone loves cheery fat guys. They're go to good time friends and they're usually funny. Some of the most attractive women I've seen have been with fat guys.

No one likes a fat chick.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-10-30 19:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-30 19:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

If men didn't act like such entitled *** to women's body's, women might find them a bit more attractive to date, and be less fearful around them.

Blame men for men's dating problems, no woman on earth told them to act out and harass, rape, or kill women for refusing them. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

If a man sexually harasses a woman on the street, it's his bad choice to do so, it's not her fault because he can't get laid as much as he thinks he should be entitled to get.

The most fear I have walking down the street, is when I see a man walking towards me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-30 20:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

^It's also not okay to demonize men to the point where people are spewing claims that all men are rapists, killers, and pedophiles.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-10-30 20:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nauta said: »
^It's also not okay to demonize men to the point where people are spewing claims that all men are rapists, killers, and pedophiles.
Aye, I was about to say this. It's certainly understandable for a woman that might be constantly harassed to become more cautious, but often decent men get demonized for the actions of the outspoken ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-30 20:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Some girls appreciate a more direct approach, but that's one thing and being rude is another. I'm not stopping for the guy who yells "yo blondie you look like you'd give good head!"
Ooh lets turn this thread into "most memorable attempted pick-up lines" thread.

Amusing ones are better, but the majority of them have been annoying or insulting for me.

"Don't you know on Martin Luther King's day every white woman should kiss a black man?" *(<-- the way it was said, as a joke in order to start a conversation, was amusing)

"Here's my number if you ever get bored" *(<--I was busy with friends eating dinner and he presented it like he was doing me a favor. Annoying)

"You don't wanna say "Hi", you should suck my *** then" *(<--obviously insulting)

*my reaction
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-30 20:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jezz said: »
Tight clothes? She's wearing clothes that fit her. Just because it's not baggy doesn't mean its tight. (Also, she could have been wearing an over-sized sweat shirt and this still would have happened.)

She's not doing anything specific or going out of her way to warrant the type of attention she's getting. Sure, if she was wearing a mini skirt and sashaying down the street... I'd expect them to act like they did, or worse.

Have men 'notice' you EVERY DAY for YEARS and see if you still feel its being blow out of proportion.
It was tight for her curvy body. Why else do you think she got all those "hi"s?

She made this video trying to make a point. Well the point that was made instead was just a confirmation of something everybody understands..at her age at least.

Is her goal to walk down the streets in her attire and have no man attempt to act like that to her? Doesn't sound realistic.

She didn't get any real harassment neither, despite all those people eyeing her, hitting on her, and even stalking her.

Blazed1979 said: »
Both sexes are to blame.
Men for being animals that seem to think they have the right to harass women.
Women for insisting on being oblivious to biology.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 20:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
***! Why am I reading this?
Cause you are a sucker for drama.

Aren't we all?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-30 20:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Aren't we all?

Urgh...Did so well staying away in the earlier part of the thread. LOL!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-30 20:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Your eyes are beautiful with my reflection in them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 20:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Aren't we all?

Urgh...Did so well staying away in the earlier part of the thread. LOL!
I would say we hijack this thread, but then girlboy would get pissed.

Besides, let the drama ensue!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-30 21:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Some girls appreciate a more direct approach, but that's one thing and being rude is another. I'm not stopping for the guy who yells "yo blondie you look like you'd give good head!"

Amusing ones are better, but the majority of them have been annoying or insulting for me.

"Don't you know on Martin Luther King's day every white woman should kiss a black man?" *(<-- the way it was said, as a joke in order to start a conversation, was amusing)

"Here's my number if you ever get bored" *(<--I was busy with friends eating dinner and he presented it like he was doing me a favor. Annoying)

"You don't wanna say "Hi", you should suck my *** then" *(<--obviously insulting)

*my reaction

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-30 21:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
Blame men for men's dating problems, no woman on earth told them to act out and harass, rape, or kill women for refusing them. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

If a man sexually harasses a woman on the street, it's his bad choice to do so, it's not her fault because he can't get laid as much as he thinks he should be entitled to get.

Men... Those disgusting beings of pure evil. damn the heavens gifting you with the other end of the reproductive cycle.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-30 21:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
"i got a big kitchen."

Uncross your legs love, you're squashing my dinner.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-30 21:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I repeat.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But girls, there IS an answer. Move to a must issue, stand your ground state. Learn to shoot, blow the *** away.

"I felt threatened."

And if enough white males die bleeding in the street we just might get sensible gun laws.

P. S. In open carry states just wear a rifle, assault rifle, or shotgun. They will not say a word. I promise. Its kinda the ultimate self protection accessory.
And don't you DARE call me a liberal. I'm a frickng radical.
 Shiva.Katharyn
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-30 21:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can fear men and be quite civil and respectful at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive. In fact respect is essential to anyone/thing that is stronger and more capable then you. (I hate the stereotype, but I'm not a physically strong woman.)

I'm wary of guys walking towards me most specifically when I'm alone (I should have clarified that a little) not just because I think he could be one of those guys who'll jump me and rape me (Though pretty statically unlikely, it does happen), but because if I ignore him, I could face verbal insults that can sometimes led to physical violence, or worse. Things the video never covered, but they happen, to A LOT of women. I'd be willing to say all women.

There's been several stories in the news lately about women assaulted and even killed by men because they refused them or to talk to them. For every one that gets the news, there's likely others that don't (as it is with most things). It may not be right to demonize, and I try not to, but it's quite reasonable to be fearful when you don't know who might be the person to flip.
By Mikumaru 2014-10-30 22:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the OP hits the nail on the head. This video is just one of what seems like some sort of new movement or something to demonize men further. We dont need help. If women dont want attention I'd say oblige them.
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-30 22:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »

I can fear men and be quite civil and respectful at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive. In fact respect is essential to anyone/thing that is stronger and more capable then you. (I hate the stereotype, but I'm not a physically strong woman.)

I'm wary of guys walking towards me most specifically when I'm alone (I should have clarified that a little) not just because I think he could be one of those guys who'll jump me and rape me (Though pretty statically unlikely, it does happen), but because if I ignore him, I could face verbal insults that can sometimes led to physical violence, or worse. Things the video never covered, but they happen, to A LOT of women. I'd be willing to say all women.

There's been several stories in the news lately about women assaulted and even killed by men because they refused them or to talk to them. For every one that gets the news, there's likely others that don't (as it is with most things). It may not be right to demonize, and I try not to, but it's quite reasonable to be fearful when you don't know who might be the person to flip.
I'm sorry but that really sounds like paranoia. Yes it's ok to be cautious. Yes it's ok to believe in stranger danger, but thinking all the men around you are capable of hurting you or causing harm can't be healthy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-30 22:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I'm saying you're completely wrong, Kathatyrn, but here's a tip on how you deal with it...Think about the guys in your life who are in your corner. Dad, husband/BF, grandfathers, brother(s), male cousins, boys that are friends, co-workers. Hell, fond memories of literal pissing contests with neighbor boys!

It's a lot easier to say "*** it!" and tra-la-la along your way.

[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-30 22:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but that really sounds like paranoia. Yes it's ok to be cautious. Yes it's ok to believe in stranger danger, but thinking all the men around you are capable of hurting you or causing harm can't be healthy.

Perhaps it is.
But if you've been through some of the things I have lived through, you'd be a bit paranoid too. And when you look at statistics, I'm likely not the only one.

Other women are just as cautious, some lesser so, but all of us have to deal with the same crap from different guys. How much so... well that depends on a lot of different things, and those will influence their outlooks and reactions to different situations.

Not that I'm saying you're completely wrong, Kathatyrn, but here's a tip on how you deal with it...Think about the guys in your life who are in your corner. Dad, husband/BF, grandfathers, brother(s), male cousins, boys that are friends, co-workers. Hell, fond memories of literal pissing contests with neighbor boys!

Sadly, the one in my corner at the time, my husband (at the time anyway), was part of the problem, and led to our divorce.

Though I do have quite fond memories of my father.
Most of my male friends, I've never even met, sadly they live in other parts of the country, or the world in a few cases. But they seem decent enough yes.
I'm a SAHM so I don't have any co-workers.

But yes, I understand your point. There are some guys i'm not afraid of. But i don't know who that guy on the street is, a higher level of fear is, imo anyway, reasonable.

But i don't try to demonize people in public. I go about my business and be courteous if engaged. But i'll still be at least a little afraid.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-30 22:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Only read the first two pages, couldn't be assed to read through the rest of the garbage being spewed.

The issue is she's not acknowledging them in any way. Even the creep following her is completely ignored. She clearly doesn't intend to speak to anyone yet they try to get her attention. Everyone that made comments only commented because of her appearance (which isn't very eye catching at all, given the dark clothing and the lack of skin showing), you'll notice they ignored everyone but her.

Also, really? T-shirt and jeans is considered dressing up for a session of attention whoring? That's casual wear around here.

But you heard it here ladies of FFXIAH, puffy turtlenecks and baggy pants only if you don't want attention. Halone forbid you wear clothing you like without being drooled on.

And yup, walking down the street with poor posture and looking straight ahead is totally attention whoring as well. Not at all a way of making oneself look smaller and unnoticed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10