Men Notice Women, Somehow This Is News.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Men notice women, somehow this is news.
Men notice women, somehow this is news.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-31 14:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You are acting like women are 100% innocent in attracting attention and that they are just bystanders of the evil male species.

News flash: There are a lot of women who seek this attention.

Not really actually.
I've said in every post "most women" to imply there are women who do love the attention, my partner is actually one of them. But a lot of women don't want the attention.

Otherwise you completely missed the point, congrats!

Addendum:

To sum it up, men are responsible for their actions, women are not responsible for mens actions because they feel entitled to subject women to different things, including pickup lines, and sexual harassment because of her clothing and men being wired to typically be the one who tries to show women how good they are as a mate.

As someone else pointed out, that line of thinking is just a few short steps away from victim blaming such as rape cases: Oh she incited him because she dressed skimpy, implying men can't control themselves unless a woman does it for him.

The whole point I said was just that, your edging into a area you don't want to be in. And that is a very real argument against rape victims, it's used ALL the time.

All men, or just the majority?

By your tone of your posts, it's nearly all men who act like this. Why else would you have this irrational fear of men in the first place?

My fear of men has little to do with them harassing me as I walk around. But being a widespread problem, I'd say close to majority.

Sorry, but 451/151,000,000 is still very very very very very very very very very very few instances. If you are going to condemn all men for the horrid behavior of 451, then I will condemn all women for the same thing. How would you like it if I start calling you a heartless, money-grubbing, selfish, horrible, evil ***?

You wouldn't like that, would you?

451 is a fragment yes, but it's also symptom of a much larger problem that women recognize, and a problem that is FAR higher then 451 women. And men have no clue, as this thread repeatedly shows.

Name calling is a bit beyond, and I would just block you and stop the conversation, because nothing civil would come of it. I've not called men names except in very specific points I was making backed by statistics, and only named those specific men.

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
According to statistics 1 in 5 women in the US will be sexually assaulted during their lifetime.

http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/pdf/SV-DataSheet-a.pdf

http://www.nsopw.gov/(X(1)S(rkn2uquw3bjq4a5ccoa4vpqe))/en/Education/FactsStatistics
Edit: Not sure why this link didn't come out right as clickable... Just copy and paste it to your search bar and it should work fine. Glad I caught that.

This link has some outdated data from years (2006-10) as it cites only 112m women in the Us, but 2013 census data shows there's 316m people in the US and 50.8% were female. But it's enough to get the idea how things have been and as other data shows, grown, since and some information is still considered valid.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

And I've met several quite respectable guys in FFXI.
Because FFXI is a fair representation of real life, huh?

You and other repeatedly state I hate all men.
I'm giving instances to show I don't, or I wouldn't talk to them.
Other then that, all my friends live out of state (idaho, oregon, Georgia) so how do you want me to relate RL experiences in this regard? I'm a SAHM, i spend most of my time at home with the kids, I don't get much time to get out. (not for a lack of desire, being cramped up in the house all day gets tiring.)

Addendum: p.s. I've not ever stated I hate all men, or even a portion larger then the few who abused me. Do people really not understand what hate is anymore? Is it just a blanket term to most people now?

I do fear most men though.
Why again? We don't give a flying flip about you personally, why would you fear us at all? Even if you were Angelina Jolie, most men wouldn't give a rat's *** about you.

My past experiences have shown me enough to be fearful. I never said you or others here for example, give a d***, half this thread proves men don't give any d*** about anything women experience, it's easier to dismiss it then to believe it. A human trait I've noticed.

Because if this is the worst thing in her life she has to live through, which it obviously is (as she wouldn't be complaining about this if there were something worse in her life that she has to live with), then she has it made.

A problem doesn't have to be the worst thing in order to be a problem.

You've said you have a valid reason to (though you claim to not) distrust or even hate women, but does that somehow render any other bad thing that happens to you to be lesser, because "worse things have happened to me!"

I highly doubt that you have been played around by a guy only to have them crush your soul after they have taken a little over half a million dollars from you, and they knew that they wouldn't get any more than that unless they show some sort of commitment towards a lifetime relationship. You know, marriage and all that. By soul crushing, I'm talking about one of the worst things you can possibly say to an accountant fiance.

Well, since you shared a bit of detail of what I assume to be the reason for your past dark problem, I shall be equally candid and share a little of mine.

I've never had money stolen from me.
I was raped by my uncle at 10yrs old. I first started seeing a therapist after that.

Later in my life I married my ex-husband, we were happily married for 5 years, and then he somehow flipped a switch, and started beating, and raping me. I was forced to be pregnant 3 additional times because he stole and destroyed my birth control, and controlled my life to the point I wasn't able to seek methods to protect myself from him.

I lived in fear daily up to the one day he tried to smother me with a pillow after making me drink alcohol. After facing that night I escaped with my kids to his mothers house who defended me until I found other shelter.

We divorced as soon as i had the money to file.
I've been to a therapist for several years since that. (thank you to those who keep mentioning it!)

I think that's enough detail.

So, you just admitted that your argument is that all guys are like this, huh?

Nope. I've admitted if something is a recurring problem in society, there's likely a reason. If we keep coming back to "not all men" then why? It can't just be a couple of damaged women, as some here might put it, starting a nationwide thing.

If it's not a problem, why keep bringing it up?

So, wait, you are endorsing violence towards guys because you got offended over nothing?

I'm not endorsing anything, I'm making a statement that if guys are soo offended by this whole thing, why do guys not take action and stop other guys from creating the problem against women? (I used the term beat up as a figure of speech.) Which as some have put it here, seems to affect men's ability to be able to find a mate.

I would be proud because my girlfriend/wife not only attracts others, but also is committed to me and me alone, and make other guys jealous of me for being with such a great and beautiful lady.

Well, I guess that's a more unique perspective then I'm used to hearing. Most guys I've talked to are quite possessive and get mad if other guys hit on "their woman".

Did you already forget my first post in response to you? I treat men and women the same, and I don't do this to anyone, male or female.

But I'm sure you would love to assume that I do. So, go ahead and assume away.

I suppose I did, we've jumped 6 pages since my first posting.
I'm sorry for forgetting it.

So far though, you're the only one who's responded to it.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I do fear most men though.

Making your opinion on men Biased and completely founded on fear. That isn't healthy at all. I see cats in your future.

Actually, it's based on quite reasonable fear, as I've pointed out. But i don't judge whether my feelings are valid based on other peoples opinions who've no clue what I've been through, and don't have to go through it themselves.

p.s. you missed the part where I said I already have a girlfriend, and we're set to marry this month if things go according to plan. Thanks though!

So women exercising their ability (that women didn't used to have when feminism came to existence) to make a choice about their lives and viewpoints is now disregarding feminism?

That's kind of half the point of feminism lol.
But as i've said above, I use the term "most women" for that very reason, because not every single woman views everything the same way, though there are some universal truths all women do, such as a few things in my posts.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-31 14:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
So a woman who has to go from A to B, i.e. be out in public, should make sure she looks as unattractive and ugly as humanly possible? To me, that kind of argument is one step away from saying a rape victim "asked for it" because of what she was wearing.
When a lady knowingly dresses up to attract males, she shouldn't complain when she does. That's my argument.

Not saying that unwanted attention doesn't exist, but when she purposefully dresses up to garner that unwanted attention....

That's like a guy carrying a bag full of money down a very bad neighborhood, shouting in the streets that he has a bag full of money and complaining that he got robbed almost immediately.

So in your opinion, a woman wearing a plain t-shirt, jeans and trainers is "dressed up to attract males"? And let me remind you again that in your post saying "she should not dress attractively" you were referring to the woman in the video.

Maybe all women should wear burkas, since apparently wearing anything that shows even the slightest hint of boobs, hips and an *** is the equivalent of dressing attractively...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-31 14:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe all women should wear burkas, since apparently wearing anything that shows even the slightest hint of boobs, hips and an *** is the equivalent of dressing attractively...
Here's what you should do everytime you need to go out for whatever reason(but don't do it too much as we all know our place's in the kitchen):
press your boobs as hard as you can into a bust, cut your hair short(bald preferable)and wear a fake beard. And just in case wear baggy pants so your *** is hidden too. Your torso might still show signs of femininity though...shoulder pads?
[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-31 15:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Here's what you should do everytime you need to go out for whatever reason(but don't do it too much as we all know our place's in the kitchen):
press your boobs as hard as you can into a bust, cut your hair short(bald preferable)and wear a fake beard. And just in case wear baggy pants so your *** is hidden too. Your torso might still show signs of femininity though...shoulder pads?

It could still show shape, we need a fat suit under the burka just to be sure no male can lose any sort of self control due to our appearance. ^^
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 15:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff and things

Didn't bother reading it. Not gonna read something from someone who clearly hates men from a compound of fear and utterly biased view point.

Wear this.... not only will you be badass, But your always ready for a battle.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-31 15:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to mask your body if you want to deter men. Just buy every brand of perfume in the world, mix them together, and spray it on thick.

It worked wonders for my art 101 teacher back when I was in design school.

*edit: But then again, she shaved her head too, so I'm sure that helped.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 15:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It could still show shape, we need a fat suit under the burka just to be sure no male can lose any sort of self control due to our appearance. ^^
Some guys like that though.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 15:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Some guys like that though.

More cushion for the pushin. ZING
[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-31 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Didn't bother reading it. Not gonna read something from someone who clearly hates men from a compound of fear and utterly biased view point.

Believe whatever you wish, you already do.
Have fun with that.

Guess people have made up their minds, anyone against them is just a man hater. As if I have the energy to waste on hate.

If anyone wants to continue a conversation, feel free to PM me.
My partner is off to work, so my free time ends, take care^^
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-31 15:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know this thread has gone full retard while I was away.

Carry on brave soldiers.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 15:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe whatever you wish, you already do.
Have fun with that.

will do.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 15:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So a woman who has to go from A to B, i.e. be out in public, should make sure she looks as unattractive and ugly as humanly possible? To me, that kind of argument is one step away from saying a rape victim "asked for it" because of what she was wearing.
When a lady knowingly dresses up to attract males, she shouldn't complain when she does. That's my argument.

Not saying that unwanted attention doesn't exist, but when she purposefully dresses up to garner that unwanted attention....

That's like a guy carrying a bag full of money down a very bad neighborhood, shouting in the streets that he has a bag full of money and complaining that he got robbed almost immediately.

So in your opinion, a woman wearing a plain t-shirt, jeans and trainers is "dressed up to attract males"? And let me remind you again that in your post saying "she should not dress attractively" you were referring to the woman in the video.

No, but if you are going to accent your figure by putting weight on your back so your shirt is tight, and wear tight jeans to show your figure, that's not exactly helping.

But please, continue to put words in my mouth. I will only back up my posts, not what you assume I said.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 15:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this has pretty much wound to a stop so to prevent further...whatever this was, I'm going to lock this.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10