Men Notice Women, Somehow This Is News.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Men notice women, somehow this is news.
Men notice women, somehow this is news.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
News flash: there are attractive women who wants to be valued for their worth and not just marry into some old rich man and wait for inheritance.

I don't disagree. My wife's easily a 9 and she married me.
But for the most part, highly attractive women are superficial.
Then they get past 35, and suddenly they want to be valued for their worth as individuals. Try holding a conversation with them, its a lot of work.

edit: Yes, I am generalizing because I don't have my serious discussion cap on.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 16:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*walks away shaking head*
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

*walks away shaking head*
"Am I too ugly for you baby?"
"If I give you my digits can we talk baby?"

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-30 16:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've have lived in NYC for all my life and I can say this video is blowing this out of proportion. Sure some of those comments was kinda rude and those guys following her was definitely harassment but do you know why these guys do this? Because it works. Living in NYC I've seen guys stand in the same spot cat calling girls by union square in Manhattan and court st in downtown Brooklyn and these guys get positive reactions from females pretty much walking away with a couple of phone numbers. Sure some girls curse them out/threaten but then comes along one that likes the attention and then its hook line and sinker. Heck most girls I know expect the guy to make the first move.

It is pretty much spoon fed to us growing up that the man should take the initiative in trying to reproduce/sex etc. and the females should pretty much use common sense in who they mate with and figure out if he just wants a one nighter or actually wants a relationship. As for the catcalling it can't really stop. Make it illegal in the streets and then whats next? Clubs? Party's? weddings? etc. Also with females like this
YouTube Video Placeholder

I Mean... what if Chad Tantum or Johnny Depp tried to talk to her? I think she would've stopped. I would've I love those guys.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-30 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
News flash: there are attractive women who wants to be valued for their worth and not just marry into some old rich man and wait for inheritance.

I don't disagree. My wife's easily a 9 and she married me.
But for the most part, highly attractive women are superficial.
Then they get past 35, and suddenly they want to be valued for their worth as individuals. Try holding a conversation with them, its a lot of work.

edit: Yes, I am generalizing because I don't have my serious discussion cap on.

I know no one else is going to say it~ so... can we see a pic of said wife?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 16:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You see, the problem isn't really into seeing a girl in the street and talking to her. That's absolutely fine, cause I understand if a guy wants a girl he has to be proactive abuot it as they don't grow in a garden.
The problem is when he:
- is insisting
- insults you after you turn him down(happens incredibly often...)
- is rude in general(from crass comments to actual groping)

if you see a girl you like, go ahead, you actually should try to talk to her. BUT you have to be respectful and also keep in mind she might be busy, or not in the mood, etc.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I've have lived in NYC for all my life and I can say this video is blowing this out of proportion. Sure some of those comments was kinda rude and those guys following her was definitely harassment but do you know why these guys do this? Because it works. Living in NYC I've seen guys stand in the same spot cat calling girls by union square in Manhattan and court st in downtown Brooklyn and these guys get positive reactions from females pretty much walking away with a couple of phone numbers. Sure some girls curse them out/threaten but then comes along one that likes the attention and then its hook line and sinker. Heck most girls I know expect the guy to make the first move.

It is pretty much spoon fed to us growing up that the man should take the initiative in trying to reproduce/sex etc. and the females should pretty much use common sense in who they mate with and figure out if he just wants a one nighter or actually wants a relationship. As for the catcalling it can't really stop. Make it illegal in the streets and then whats next? Clubs? Party's? weddings? etc. Also with females like this

I Mean... what if Chad Tantum or Johnny Depp tried to talk to her? I think she would've stopped. I would've I love those guys.

This video just makes me depressed - i could be having so much sex with so many beautiful women =/

(I don't share pics of my wife. Never really understood what kind of man likes other men drooling over their wife/gf's)
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-30 16:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You could, but you'd need to stock up on chloroform first.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You see, the problem isn't really into seeing a girl in the street and talking to her. That's absolutely fine, cause I understand if a guy wants a girl he has to be proactive abuot it as they don't grow in a garden.
The problem is when he:
- is insisting
- insults you after you turn him down(happens incredibly often...)
- is rude in general(from crass comments to actual groping)

if you see a girl you like, go ahead, you actually should try to talk to her. BUT you have to be respectful and also keep in mind she might be busy, or not in the mood, etc.

Only 1 problem with that - what if she is attracted to the rude/direct/crude type?

I'm just poking holes.

@Raevel - lol
Risky post there - risk derailing this thread into "yes means yes Part II"
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-30 16:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Texas etiquette.

Say "Hello" or some form of that, and nod to strangers. I say "Hello" to random people, including and especially those who I don't want as potential mates (males and old people).

It's called respect, and I give it to people, and they give it right back.

I can't speak to Texas etiquette, I've never been there before, most of my life I've lived in kansas. Which tends to have a very keep to yourself male population as I've observed.

Women typically are very vocal to each other, I've said hello and started a conversation numerous times. But I never see men do so. So from my perspective, it's just hitting on her.

I can imagine not every state is the same culturally, but in a busy city like NYC? I can't imagine people really stop and say hi to someone they may very likely never ever see again unless they want to sleep with them, because isn't there like 11 million people in NYC? That's A lot of hellos to give out.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 16:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some girls appreciate a more direct approach, but that's one thing and being rude is another. I'm not stopping for the guy who yells "yo blondie you look like you'd give good head!"
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-30 16:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
Texas etiquette.

Say "Hello" or some form of that, and nod to strangers. I say "Hello" to random people, including and especially those who I don't want as potential mates (males and old people).

It's called respect, and I give it to people, and they give it right back.

I can't speak to Texas etiquette, I've never been there before, most of my life I've lived in kansas. Which tends to have a very keep to yourself male population as I've observed.

Women typically are very vocal to each other, I've said hello and started a conversation numerous times. But I never see men do so. So from my perspective, it's just hitting on her.

I can imagine not every state is the same culturally, but in a busy city like NYC? I can't imagine people really stop and say hi to someone they may very likely never ever see again unless they want to sleep with them, because isn't there like 11 million people in NYC? That's A lot of hellos to give out.

But guys do. My wife tell's me all the time she gets hit on by all types of guys from the smart nerdy to the ghetto thugs from all races. She was originally from Thailand and never experienced this at all when she got here. How did i meet her? I tripped on her on the train going to work and busted my face on the seat next to her. LIKE A MAN.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Some girls appreciate a more direct approach, but that's one thing and being rude is another. I'm not stopping for the guy who yells "yo blondie you look like you'd give good head!"
Depends on who its coming from. Picture your favorite movie star saying it to you, or someone like Donald Trump or Bill Gates.

truth is girls dress sexy/nice to feel confident and that has the side effect of encouraging men to notice, approach and comment.

An interesting experiment or follow up to the OP video would be to dress the same girl in a skirt and revealing shirt, then document just how many more advances she had and how much more aggressive they were.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 16:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing, believe it or not, not all women are that shallow.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-10-30 16:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure women dress nice to be presentable and not look like a slob in public or at work, or because, you know, they like the clothes?

But even if they did dress in baggy, trashy looking clothes, that wouldn't change much of the comments going their way.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Pretty sure women dress nice to be presentable and not look like a slob in public or at work, or because, you know, they like the clothes?

But even if they did dress in baggy, trashy looking clothes, that wouldn't change much of the comments going their way.

I didn't say slutty. Is a woman in a skirt slutty? Revealing top could be showing just the little bit of cleavage that is pretty acceptable and normal.
Anyways, the girl in the video isn't wearing anything remotely enticing, she just has pronounced curves.

Is there really any doubt that if she dressed up in a Blazer and skirt she wouldn't get more attention?

Here's a social experiment that shows women in their positive light

and one that shows just what *** we guys can be =/
By volkom 2014-10-30 16:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

is this considered slutty?

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-30 16:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Nope *saves to folder*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Yes, but mostly because she's letting a dude paint her from that angle without protest!
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-30 17:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
Lye said: »
As I'm reading this thread, I'm sitting in a resturant eating with my wife.

A guy walked up to me and asked "is the food here good?"

Am I being harassed?

(I nodded to answer his question)
Put your phone down and enjoy spending time with your wife at this fine head noddingly good establishment.

Ffxiah doesn't want your focus right now!
Neither does his wife, by the looks of it.
Haha. She was on the phone for work!
I had just gotten back from the game force next door!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-30 18:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

-Wears tight clothing accentuating her curves
-Walks for ten hours in the streets
Worst part is:
-Asks for donations

Stupid video. What were you expecting?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-10-30 18:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tight clothes? She's wearing clothes that fit her. Just because it's not baggy doesn't mean its tight. (Also, she could have been wearing an over-sized sweat shirt and this still would have happened.)

She's not doing anything specific or going out of her way to warrant the type of attention she's getting. Sure, if she was wearing a mini skirt and sashaying down the street... I'd expect them to act like they did, or worse.

Have men 'notice' you EVERY DAY for YEARS and see if you still feel its being blow out of proportion.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-30 18:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How is most of that harassment again?

Because a good looking woman is walking around and men noticed that?

I admit that some of it could be considered harassment, but where is the abuse, verbal or whatnot?
You have NO idea.

And I am so happy to be too old for such bat ****.

But girls, there IS an answer. Move to a must issue, stand your ground state. Learn to shoot, blow the *** away.

"I felt threatened."

And if enough white males die bleeding in the street we just might get sensible gun laws.

P. S. In open carry states just wear a rifle, assault rifle, or shotgun. They will not say a word. I promise. Its kinda the ultimate self protection accessory.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-10-30 18:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
and i'd rather we all get naked
All aboard the S.S. Fat Guy!

Bismarck.Bloodbeat
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2014-10-30 19:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"See how convincing my argument is? I mean it only quantifies evidence that supports my claim, which makes the whole thing pretty redundant and out of context, but fortunately idiots won't mind when they watch it. YAY"
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-10-30 19:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Bitmusic said: »
A few thoughts, the people who simply said hi to her nothing to see here move along.

So you're honestly saying those guys that said 'hi/hello' to her are just nice guys, and they say 'hi/hello' to just about every man, woman and child that pass by them.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10