America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar On ISIS

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-21 12:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Beside ISIS, I don't know where you see religious war.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Clean coal yo!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Less war, good or bad?
Here's your answer:
Quote:
Quran 6:151
"Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

Quote:
If the motive for terrorism is religious, it is impermissible in Islamic law. It is forbidden to attempt to impose Islam on other people. The Qur’an says, “There is no compulsion in religion. The right way has become distinct from error.” (-The Cow, 2:256). Note that this verse was revealed in Medina in 622 AD or after and was never abrogated by any other verse of the Quran. Islam’s holy book forbids coercing people into adopting any religion. They have to willingly choose it.

Quote:
Islamic law forbids aggressive warfare. The Quran says, “But if the enemies incline towards peace, do you also incline towards peace. And trust in God! For He is the one who hears and knows all things.” (8:61) The Quran chapter “The Cow,” 2:190, says, “Fight in the way of God against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! God loveth not aggressors.”

Quote:
The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

Quote:
Terrorism or hirabah is forbidden in Islamic law, which groups it with brigandage, highway robbery and extortion rackets– any illicit use of fear and coercion in public spaces for money or power. The principle of forbidding the spreading of terror in the land is based on the Qur’an (Surah al-Ma’ida 5:33–34). Prominent [pdf] Muslim legal scholar Sherman Jackson writes, “The Spanish Maliki jurist Ibn `Abd al-Barr (d. 464/ 1070)) defines the agent of hiraba as ‘Anyone who disturbs free passage in the streets and renders them unsafe to travel, striving to spread corruption in the land by taking money, killing people or violating what God has made it unlawful to violate is guilty of hirabah . . .”

Quote:
Sneak attacks are forbidden. Muslim commanders must give the enemy fair warning that war is imminent. The Prophet Muhammad at one point gave 4 months notice.

Quote:
The Prophet Muhammad counseled doing good to those who harm you and is said to have commanded, “Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Quote:
The Qur’an demands of believers that they exercise justice toward people even where they have reason to be angry with them: “And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

Quote:
The Qur’an assures Christians and Jews of paradise if they believe and do good works, and commends Christians as the best friends of Muslims.

Quran 5:69 says
(Arberry): “Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness–their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow.”

Quote:
5:82. ” . . . and you will find the nearest in love to the believers [Muslims] those who say: ‘We are Christians.’ That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.”
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Current or recent religious wars
(they mention some that are 30+ years old, I wouldn't count those but grudges can last long in families/groups)
By fonewear 2014-09-21 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the internet no research required !

Only armchair religion scholars.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 12:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Hunger will always exist why fight world hunger?

climate will always exist why fight climate change?

the common cold will always exist why fight cancer?
The common cold and cancer are completely separate things. You cannot kill a virus.

Not getting into the climate change nonsense.

As for world hunger, you have to teach people how to get their own food, otherwise they'll just keep sticking their hand out expecting more food.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-21 12:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How dare you call climate change nonsense. It is common sense !

Why fight climate change ? Have you ever talked to a person driving a hybrid...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It rained today and was hot yesterday, clearly Global Warming is a myth. stupid libs.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-21 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
(they mention some that are 30+ years old, I wouldn't count those but grudges can last long in families/groups)

I do not consider the 2001 war in Afghanistan a religious war. Iraq wasn't at war before the US wanted to detroy some weapon, so it doesn't come from religion.

I agree that Israel/Gaza is a current religious war.

The most horrible wars/mass murder I know about in history aren't religious, WWI, WWII, Stalin/Lenin; Mao Zedong.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 12:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

china doing there best to keep Christianity out to keep there culture.

no need for islam or Christianity be beside to make people think there not going die when there dead.

You don't want religion yet complain about the atheist government of China to keep religion out?

Huh?

Also:
Quote:
It is said to be China's biggest church and on Easter Sunday thousands of worshippers will flock to this Asian mega-temple to pledge their allegiance – not to the Communist Party, but to the Cross.

The 5,000-capacity Liushi church, which boasts more than twice as many seats as Westminster Abbey and a 206ft crucifix that can be seen for miles around, opened last year with one theologian declaring it a "miracle that such a small town was able to build such a grand church".

The £8 million building is also one of the most visible symbols of Communist China's breakneck conversion as it evolves into one of the largest Christian congregations on earth.

"It is a wonderful thing to be a follower of Jesus Christ. It gives us great confidence," beamed Jin Hongxin, a 40-year-old visitor who was admiring the golden cross above Liushi's altar in the lead up to Holy Week.

"If everyone in China believed in Jesus then we would have no more need for police stations. There would be no more bad people and therefore no more crime," she added.

China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-21 12:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not consider the 2001 war in Afghanistan a religious war. Iraq wasn't at war before the US wanted to detroy some weapon, so it doesn't come from religion.

The most horrible wars/mass murder I know about in history aren't religious, WWI, WWII, Stalin/Lenin; Mao Zedong.

War on women.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Less war, good or bad?
Here's your answer:
Quote:
Quran 6:151
"Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

so you still need a book to tell, you not to kill people?

also as I pointed up before it wouldn't end even if one faction won the different denominations in that will still faction will kill over who's right.

but you're not even going answer war between islam sunni VS shiite factions

I'm assuming your Islamic war for pro Islam are some something.

some assuming Islam has some sort of void or hell do you support sending most of China and Japan to hell/void along with most of the United States?

The war between Sunni and Shia factions doesn't exist. That's why I won't answer it.
I live in the UAE, 50% of my friends. colleagues and business partners are Shiaa. If you had read any of my previous posts you would understand that I have dismantled the sunni vs shiaa myth a long time ago.

What we DO have is political ambition from Iran to rule the area again, and see a rebirth of its empire. They hide behind a revolution they've branded as "Islamic" and focus on the political and historical differences between Shiaa and Sunni's.

It is Political, not religious. The fact that you don't know that the actual split between Sunni's and Shiaa's is a political one both in its current form and at the source of its origins is amusing, considering you wanted to use it as your "BIG *** GUN". . . sorry, its impotent.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
How dare you call climate change nonsense. It is common sense !

Why fight climate change ? Have you ever talked to a person driving a hybrid...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

War on women.
^

I'll be your shield powergirl.

But seriously, the war on women in ALL parts of the world is probably the reason we're in such a mess.

In Saudi and Iran they're treated like minors and even worse.
In the west they've been objectified and rendered nothing more than sex objects.
In the east... ugh.. don't want to go into it.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-21 12:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ya a devout Christian deceiving the rest of the world in order to go on an unjustified war in the Middle East with a mostly Christian army versus mostly Islamic civilians has nothing to do with Christianity versus Islam.

weapons didn't exist *** Cheney just when to kill some more Muslims Cheney is still on TV shows today saying we should bomb all the Middle East a link the video later if you wish if you think Im trying to make Cheney look bad. it his words not mine

oh look up how many civilians were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan

Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-21 12:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

War on women.
^

I'll be your shield powergirl.

But seriously, the war on women in ALL parts of the world is probably the reason we're in such a mess.

In Saudi and Iran they're treated like minors and even worse.
In the west they've been objectified and rendered nothing more than sex objects.
In the east... ugh.. don't want to go into it.
In Canada, they've been reduced to mere politicians, more corrupt than their male counterparts in the same "career".
By fonewear 2014-09-21 12:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Cheney is a secret Muslim I knew it !
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ya a devout Christian deceiving the rest of the world in order to go on an unjustified war in the Middle East with a mostly Christian army versus mostly Islamic civilians has nothing to do with Christianity versus Islam.

weapons didn't exist *** Cheney just when to kill some more Muslims Cheney is still on TV shows today saying we should bomb all the Middle East i link the video later if you wish if you think Im trying to make Cheney look bad. it his words not mine look up the video It was only like a month or two ago that he said he was still " pro-making peace" with bombs in the Middle East.

oh look up how many civilians were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan
No one can make Cheney look worse. Its impossible. there is a point at which you can't get any dirtier. When every nanometer is covered in fecis and blood so much so that your molecular integrity starts to reek like dog ***!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 12:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Japan is a combination of west and middle east treatment.

The east is huge, and depends where you go. Woman can be treated from anything from god like to incubators with no rights.

Also depends on how much wealth they have.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok fonewear I'll admit I laughed a little bit.

also it crashed my web browser page it exited by itself even my web browser is anti-Bush Cheney.
That's just a warning from the NSA. don't worry they can only see your web browser history.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-21 12:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The only evil I'm aware of is this:

[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Japan is a combination of west and middle east treatment.

The east is huge, and depends where you go. Woman can be treated from anything from god like to incubators with no rights.

Also depends on how much wealth they have.
For the most part, they've taken the worst of the middle east and the west.

How?
Over sexified and objectified women while repressing their rights.

At least in the west they're programmed to think that short skirts and flashing skin and looking sexy is because its comfortable, and in the middle east at least they say its for their own protection. But in certain places in the far east, its "put out or I'll knock you out"
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21