Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-29 16:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I really, highly doubt there will be another full expansion. No, I don't care that people said the same before SoA.
Eat me Kojo!!! Eat me!!
Ok.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 16:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

kujataseraphi13 said: »
Awesome map but still, it doesn't show the location of the Antican main base of operations.
It's on the island of Kuzotz, there is no other place. Antican loathe water(we know this cause it's the main reason they don't destroy Bastok during the great war - Bastok destroyed the tunnel to seal them off knowing they wouldn't go to sea).
They're ants, it's somwhere under all that sand.
The Quicksand Caves was once the Galka homeland, IIRC the Galka shared the island region of Kuzotz with the Antica who eventually invaded and took them out. Where exactly the Antica were prior to this is never revealed as far as I know, but my assumption would be that huge ant-hill in the middle of the desert.
Indeed, Altepa was the kingdom of galkas, but right cause ants could take them by surprise they were swarmed and slain en masse, and the few survivors fled to the tunnels north. Fact is ants reproduced in thousands and created an unstoppable army for our mayo-friends, and now Altepa is part of their nest.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-07-29 16:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That map was also made around Feb 16, 2007, I couldn't narrow down the exact source but that's the earliest english site that had it.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 16:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I remember, the Galkas dug too deep into the earth and encountered the Antican empire (if that is what it's called)

Hmm, that story plot sounds vaguely familiar....
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 16:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, highly doubt there will be another full expansion. No, I don't care that people said the same before SoA.
Eat me Kojo!!! Eat me!!

This would be interesting.

Awesome map but still, it doesn't show the location of the Antican main base of operations.

Ummm... It's written that they originated from under the Galkan homeland, in Kuzotz.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 16:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough let's go. Cause we all know that down there is a black mage NM that drops a scroll of Warpga or a scroll of refreshga
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-29 17:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so they added new gear and reworked the old fights and it's all fun and good but now is the time to stop teasing us and stop dragging @ss.

The planet is called Van diel. But so far we only have access to limited places. The continent of Quon (Sandy. Basty, Windy) then they gave Tavnazia, fine. After a long while acess to Aradijah (Aht urghan) and then, only access to part of this continent. Again we waited and they tossed out Abyssea. That lasted all of two seconds and finally Ulbuka (Adoulain ).

When are they going to give us access to:

Aldiaine - Ancestral home of the Elves.
Zhwa - the land / country that lies to the east of Aht Urghan.
The mithra continent - this place has a lot of back story already in play.
The Antican lair - according to what is written this place houses hundreds if not millions of mobs to kill.
Rhazowa - this is the ancestral home of the orc and gigas. Letho, in his manthra description, is said to be wearing the style of clothing worn by the people of this continent.

My point is, all the rehashing of fights is nice but the amount of potential has been largely overlooked. Every one says this game is dieing but in my humble opinion we have not even tapped what can be done.

I'm assuming the north or south expansion will contain a mithran homeland. I dunno what the other one will contain.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-29 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »
before adouline didnt they say they were only going to do mini expansions like MKD ASA and ACP.

i dont expect another expansion but never know.

They did not say only miniexpansions. You should expect at least 4 more full out expansions.
By Hinamori 2014-07-29 17:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Please not another Mithra-dominant place....Ffs Kazham was nice and all, but Mithra gets favorite all the time, see the merit weapon skills with their fancy backflips, front tucks, spear spinning, back handspringing. Let's not even forget the fact that they have the most provocative attire (No, more of it is not meant to allow the full range of motion, their damn leather-based armor is pretty much underwear for the leg section.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-29 17:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

4 more expansions covering the North, the South, the Isle of Tsahya, and the Far East.

Also, if you increase the crafting cap 10 levels per expansion, we'll be exactly at the lv150 legend crafting cap we already have in our files.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 17:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsayha is part of the mithran homeland, it's just under AU dominance, but it's south with the rest. Same for Zhwa.

We have 3, not 4 places to go to: Razhowa(north with orcs and gigs), Olzhyria(south with mithra) and east(yagudo and possibly another nation - it is unclear whether Tenzen's nation and the shogunate are different entities)
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 17:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear and weapons for each continent or area that is opened would be based on the dominant race. With exception of orc homeland. And even then there is potential for new classes based on existing language. The northern continent and vikings, mithra continent and pirates though I guess there are two arguments about how corsairs and pirates are the same and different.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 17:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about the elf continent. Look up trust valanriel. There is lingo about where the Elves migrated from.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 17:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gonna quote my post from the same exact thread that was made last month

Olzhyria(south) with the Gha Naboh Matriarchate, the homeland of mithra. Things known about it:
- Giant beasts live in the wilderness
- The mithran queen is a ***(Lekho hints she is evil)
- Law is cruel(Sin Hunters)
- Yhoh should be the capital of Gha Naboh
- At least the islands of Tsahya and Zhwa are under Aht Urhgan's dominance
- The royalty probably hails from Zhwa
- It is unclear whether it's three different nations or not, but Gha Naboh, Zhwa and Tsahya seem all equally important

Far East:
- An empire that's been at war with Aht Urhgan for many years
- They greatly suffered the effects of the emptiness
- Phoenix is in a sense their guardian(I would in a relationship akin to Fenrir-Windurst, with the exception that Phoenix is nicer)
- The yagudo homeland is here as this is the seat of the shogunate
- It is unclear whether the yagudo nation and Tenzen's are only one, but it's safe to believe it's two different one
- They helped the mamool ja in the war against the empire
- Bushido and ninjutsu were invented here

Razhowa(north):
- Homeland of orcs and gigas
- Orcs burnt to the ground one of the Yggdrasil twins
- Runes were first discovered here allowing the birth of rune fencing

Now, new jobs seem extremely unlikely, but if they were to add some, which could it be?
- Necromancer(from the south; the mithra race has a sort of morbid relationship to the concept of death and respect for the dead) pet job that uses undead and demons(they wanted to release it back with AU already, so the concept exists)
- Chemist(far east?) A class that can make meds a bit more relevant wouldn't hurt
- Morpher(south) Hybrid class that could cover a variety of roles taking the form and thus abilities and stats of monsters(somewhat redundant with bst)
Anything else: sorry bro, but nope, we already have them in game. But like I said, any new class is very unlikely, so let's just hope for the lore and the areas to be released. An expansion doesn't need new jobs necessarily.

Source: I'm a FF scholar.
[+]
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 17:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally agree on the no new jobs thing but you still did not explain where in all that the Elves come from. It clearly states they come from Aldiaine and that this place is a continent. Unless that is just a hybrid spelling of adoulain. ....
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 17:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still of the conviction that run and geo shouldn't exist, bust hey.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 17:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's west, and it can be 4 things:

1. Retconned and it's actually Adoulin(unlikely)
2, A legend and doesn't actually exist(unlikely too)
3. Further than Ra'Kaznar(we don't see the whole continent on map so who knows..though youd wonder how the hell they traveled to Quon)
4. Long gone(like the Olduum civilization in the east)
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 17:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's like the olduum civilization (very nice call by the way) that would mean there is a totally empty land what needs exploring and crap that needs to be mined, farmed, harvested and killed and that in itself goes to the basis of my opinion. Open up these areas.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-29 18:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I'm with you Anna. I don't expect a full expansion anytime soon if any at all.

I also don't buy the idea of something big coming based on the gearswap feature-like addition. SE is known to be behind QoL related ideas since the beginning. They are just late in the game per usual. All I can see is more and more items/accessories/situation stuff to make better use of their new gear system.

People said this right before Adoulin came out. Old games are still producing expansions like WoW and Everquest or w/e. No reason why they wouldn't for this game when it produces so much money. Think about how much money they made from releasing SoA and selling that.
 Siren.Funkysloth
Server: Siren
By Siren.Funkysloth 2014-07-29 19:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If a new expansion did come out, it would only be for pc and xbox users. The ps3 storage capacity is already maxed out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 19:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If they open up more areas and advertised it I am sure people will be interested and / or return to the game. Just please no panda kung fu masters.
By angrykitty 2014-07-29 20:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If they open up more areas and advertised it I am sure people will be interested and / or return to the game. Just please no panda kung fu masters.
A big step would be release a complete product.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 20:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

New expansion when it comes out will take place on the moon.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 20:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
New expansion when it comes out will take place on the moon.
an old mini expansion already took place on the moon dorknerd!
Which one?

And I'm talking a whole new area, not just a scene or a battle :P

Post deleted by User.