[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Freazer 2014-07-31 16:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
kujataseraphi13 said: »
Back in the day, to join a proper shell, you needed to have 2 melee jobs and at minimum 2 mage/support jobs.

How times have changed......

Yeah now it's you better have WHM, SCH, RDM, BRD or GEO or you ain't getting in because everyone else would rather play their DD jobs, and anyone coming in with a tank job is automatically inferior to those that are already in the shell.

Yay Clique Fantasy Simulator 11.
hasnt it always been like this? nothing new here really...
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-31 16:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
Back in the day, to join a proper shell, you needed to have 2 melee jobs and at minimum 2 mage/support jobs.

How times have changed......

Yeah now it's you better have WHM, SCH, RDM, BRD or GEO or you ain't getting in because everyone else would rather play their DD jobs, and anyone coming in with a tank job is automatically inferior to those that are already in the shell.

Yay Clique Fantasy Simulator 11.

Why invite a DD only nooblet when the entire shell has DD's but few supports? And I say nooblet because if you are a 1-dimensional player by only having DD jobs, then you are, a nooblet.

Also, the people that have been in the shell longer have more rights to the DD position than any new guy or girl.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 16:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
And I say nooblet because if you are a 1-dimensional player by only having DD jobs, then you are, a nooblet.
Can say the same about those already in the ls. Let's not pretend that any of them would actually stopped playing their dd even if a better guy came in, that's why only supports are sought after, cause no one wanna *** drop the dd job. Speak of one-dimensional.

Glad I never had such issues as I'm one of the few souls who dares to main cor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-31 16:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And I say nooblet because if you are a 1-dimensional player by only having DD jobs, then you are, a nooblet.
Can say the same about those already in the ls. Let's not pretend that any of them would actually stopped playing their dd even if a better guy came in, that's why only supports are sought after, cause no one wanna *** drop the dd job. Speak of one-dimensional.

Why should they, they've been there longer and have done their time. They still have more rights to the DD position than the new guy or girl even if they are a "better" DD which is a crapshoot in itself. DD is absolutely not hard in any form.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Still can't complain about the new guy being one-dimensional if you're the first to be so. Hypocrisy.
[+]
By Freazer 2014-07-31 16:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should they, they've been there longer and have done their time. They still have more rights to the DD position than the new guy or girl even if they are a "better" DD which is a crapshoot in itself. DD is absolutely not hard in any form.
agreed to an extent eventually they will have to come off that high horse and humble themselves as a support, screw DD meatheads only
[+]
By Giaden 2014-07-31 16:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also hard to get newbies into the swing of things when you consider how crucial support jobs really are. Don't get me wrong, most aren't that hard to play, but still telling someone "Hey, you need to have Whm, Geo, Brd(3-4 song) or some other type of support to join the shell" When most don't even know how to play it, let alone how to gear it properly.

I feel its easier to get simple DDs into the shell and have them work on the support jobs while they are in the shell. Giving them a Goal, so to speak.
They have a place to ask the correct questions or see the problems that may arise during events. As long as the leadership sees their progress with the jobs.

Then they can start bringing the support to simple things at first and grow them from there. And if they don't, you can always drop them and give them the reasoning. It doesn't always work but again... not a whole lot of support job lifers out there atm.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-31 17:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Still can't complain about the new guy being one-dimensional if you're the first to be so. Hypocrisy.

Wrong, I'm whm-4-life.

Freazer said: »

agreed to an extent eventually they will have to come off that high horse and humble themselves as a support, screw DD meatheads only

Yer, I agree they should rotate out with other established members. But bringing in new members that are DD only people. No thanks. Don't need them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 17:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You was generic, not you you.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-31 17:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Still, the point is with all the potential to expand/open up new areas, not just take walk of echoes put up new wall paper and call it inner outer razwhatever. Create more of a challenge as opposed to yet another Monty hall style expansion the need to get off their melee high horse will happen. Of course these are the same people who *** about nothing to do and demand server mergers...

If you really wanted to be one dimensional there is a game called World of warcraft that caters to that style of game play.
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-31 17:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »
how would a server merge solve this? even if it is increasing the amount of brds and sch on a server you are also increasing the amount of DDs and shouts on that server.

SE really needs to do more adjustments on other jobs that can have potential as support but was given a half *** fix in the last few months. RDM, GEO, COR and SMN (with beefed up 119 Avatar Favor + Avatar Ward Buffs) can potentially match the buffs from Bard if SE decide to add a few more spells. They just need to make GEO to be able to have 3 buffs and give a few more spells to RDM and GEO. A lot of people most likely will not mind to gear up their RDM or GEO (since these jobs share similar gears with BLM, SCH, and WHM already). And plenty of SMNs out there will not mind to be able to buffs the party and do damage with their BP.

Suddenly you have FIVE supports instead of just ONE... They could also tweak the Healing job, making sacrifice learned at lower levels will open opportunity as healer for SCH and RDM. Now you have 3 types of healers to choose from instead of just WHM. All they need to do last is to tweak Ninja and Runefencer, so you have evasion tank, and "beefed up" magic evasion, and your all around solid tank which is PLD. 4-5 Supports, 3 Tanks, and 3 Healers, this will open up a lot more opportunity for other people instead of the current job XYZ rut that we are stuck with now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 17:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Know what cor needs? Dual wield guns. Cause it'd look awesome.
[+]
By Damane 2014-07-31 17:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
id love t see a merger need some new blood
I'd rather see them assign regions to servers and offer 1 free world transfer. Like assign "For EU recommeneded" 2 servers for NAs 4 rest for JP. of course still keep it free for everyone to play where they want to. There is enough people, they are just a bit scathered around all servers.

And also the fact that people refuse to play supporting Job-Roles doesnt help.
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-31 17:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damane said: »
I'd rather see them assign regions to servers and offer 1 free world transfer. Like assign "For EU recommeneded" 2 servers for NAs 4 rest for JP. of course still keep it free for everyone to play where they want to. There is enough people, they are just a bit scathered around all servers.

Server merger based on regions would be great actually. I know there are a few drawbacks as well but at least, you know you will have more people that play around the same time instead of what it is now. Doubt this will happen, too much investment from their part and too much works.

Indeed no one in their right mind want to pay monthly fees every month to log in and play Brd and Whm only or GTFO. Unless you are already dedicated Bard and Whm. Beefing up other jobs to be more support friendly such as GEO, RDM, COR, and SMN will open a lot more options. SE need to understand, most people do not like to play passive support roles. They love to either DD or DD as Tank, but they don't mind playing hybrid jobs such as Blue, Rdm, Cor, Geo, and Smn. This is why you will not going to see any support job in FF14 for awhile, and Healer job in FF14 is far more powerful and can hold its own soloing trash mobs. People LOVE to deal damage and feel good to be able to kill (trash) mobs. Most of them do not like to run around sing songs and hitting macro.
 Asura.Kharlan
Server: Asura
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-07-31 18:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual wield guns. Cause it'd look awesome.

This point cannot be argued against.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-31 18:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A true pirate have a hook in one hand, thus, dual wielding gun isnt possible, you dont have functional finger to hit the trigger.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-31 18:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Know what cor needs? Dual wield guns. Cause it'd look awesome.

Or just duct-tape a Death penalty, Armageddon, Vanir Gun, Deathlocke, Hgafircian+2 and a Pulfanxa together to make the most absurd Hexagun ever
[+]
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-31 19:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I guess according to SE a shotgun can be fired with accuracy using one hand. Would explain Annihilator. The idea of recoil is non existant
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-31 19:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »

Server merger based on regions would be great actually. I know there are a few drawbacks as well but at least, you know you will have more people that play around the same time instead of what it is now. Doubt this will happen, too much investment from their part and too much works.

Indeed no one in their right mind want to pay monthly fees every month to log in and play Brd and Whm only or GTFO. Unless you are already dedicated Bard and Whm. Beefing up other jobs to be more support friendly such as GEO, RDM, COR, and SMN will open a lot more options. SE need to understand, most people do not like to play passive support roles. They love to either DD or DD as Tank, but they don't mind playing hybrid jobs such as Blue, Rdm, Cor, Geo, and Smn. This is why you will not going to see any support job in FF14 for awhile, and Healer job in FF14 is far more powerful and can hold its own soloing trash mobs. People LOVE to deal damage and feel good to be able to kill (trash) mobs. Most of them do not like to run around sing songs and hitting macro.

No ls in their right mind has to invite them either. It is also their monthly fees and it adds to more than this DD onry persons fees so the ls wins!
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-31 22:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously you can choose to play the jobs you want and how you want. But the current state of the game now, most LS or PUGs group pretty much wants jobs XYZ with very little variety when it comes to Delve 1, 2, AA battles and merited bcnm. And pretty much as DD only with barely passable gears, most LS may not take you doing the endgame stuffs unless they are willing to cary you. Honestly with how easy it is to grab a mish-mash of 109-117 and 119 skirmish gears, anyone who return to the game should be able to gear themselves in a couple weeks. It's those people who want to skip everything and do events where they are seriously under geared that needs to re-evaluate why they are playing in the first place :)
By Damane 2014-08-01 01:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »

noone is saying to play constantly a support job (well in my case i do mostly). But haveing only 3-4 DD jobs equiped doesnt help in any case at all, i expect people to have at least 1 DD 1 Support + 1 healer job lvld, this allows for groups to be more flexible to set up stuff. Because at one point people playing support jobs would like to play their frontline jobs (they keep updated) too.
If thats not possible from time to time you bet your *** i wont show up to events constantly (which has happened at some point leaving everyone sol).

EDIT: RDM GEO SMN SCH are support/healer jobs in my eyes too
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-08-01 01:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet there's plenty of 2 song bards that would love to help fill your shouts.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 05:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I bet there's plenty of 2 song bards that would love to help fill your shouts.

Them plus eminent mnks and sams, and bst, pup, smn, nin, thf who just want to join, and dont care about strats.

At this point, if a brd dont have 3 songs, you just can consider he doesnt care about the job at all. And you will figure the lack of a song will be the lesser important of his problems.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-08-01 07:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard job is only relevant for difficult level stuff and then the BRD better be super geared so as to not drag ***. For other content DON'T waste spot on bard. If your melee are properly geared (don't come at me with fooking thaumas body) the WHM or RDM should not have issues managing MP hence no crying for songs.

When melee act dumb or think they are invicible ***will inevitably go bad and they in turn will blame support. Happens every day.

I have 5 melee jobs geared and 4 support geared and been here since the beginning. In that blame game aspect nothing has changed. If the melee would support more often they can see for themselves the types of behavior than can lead to success or doom an event.

I Dont want these cement heads to show up in my party when SE finally opens up the new areas.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 07:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard job is only relevant for difficult level stuff and then the BRD better be super geared so as to not drag ***. For other content DON'T waste spot on bard. If your melee are properly geared (don't come at me with fooking thaumas body) the WHM or RDM should not have issues managing MP hence no crying for songs.

When melee act dumb or think they are invicible ***will inevitably go bad and they in turn will blame support. Happens every day.

I have 5 melee jobs geared and 4 support geared and been here since the beginning. In that blame game aspect nothing has changed. If the melee would support more often they can see for themselves the types of behavior than can lead to success or doom an event.

I Dont want these cement heads to show up in my party when SE finally opens up the new areas.

Are you bukadan alter ego, mule or anything related?
By Hinamori 2014-08-01 08:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave BRD, RDM, and WHM the honest try, the play styles aren't for me despite it being so easy to get the spells and the gear to become a decent mage. (Save for the harp and horn.)

I admit RDM was a little fun, but I still prefer to play as my DD-based jobs. It's what I came to play, it's what I've practiced playing forever. I gave the others a try, and people know I'm not the best at it. Why bring someone who doesn't like the job/hasn't had the proper amount of practice for it?
By kujataseraphi13 2014-08-01 08:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. I am a main character. Don't have any mules nor have I dual boxed.
By Kaoi 2014-08-01 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said:
They just need to make GEO to be able to have 3 buffs

While three buffs would be nice, I feel like COR is the one that needs the extra entry, not GEO. CORs have certainly been waiting long enough. I'd much rather see GEO gain the ability to sacrifice access to their Indi- to gain a second Luopan -- opens up more options for giving frontline jobs a second buff at the expense of lacking Mage support. But since when is GEO the only buffer at any sort of relevant content anyway? And if double Luopan near the mob/DD aren't needed, just drop the second pet and return to Indi-/Luopan for just Mages (or, you know, one-for-both as it's always been).

GEO doesn't need more buff slots, it needs more versatility in how it deploys those buffs since we'll never have the option of standing abreast our melee.

Though, I certainly wouldn't mind gaining both...