Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE needs to stop holding out
SE needs to stop holding out
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-30 12:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Now imagine if they opened up more areas not just repeat the same stuff. People need / want new areas to explore. Not gear that they get only to +1 then +2, etc, etc. If SE does nothing but have us go to places we've been to a hundred times that gets boring fast. We not want but NEED new places also offers an annoying level of challenges like a crap ton of true sight mobs etc, etc to keep the playing field between the hard core and casual player base on the same level.

Hell, bring back level caps.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-30 21:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sapphire, you do realize that SE added the Ergon weapons for RUN and GEO as their Mythic Equivalents, right? Which every other job, aside from RUN and GEO already have.
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-30 22:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Come on, server merge isn't a magical autowin button that helps the game. SE could merge servers or you could form a shell and/or network teamup more efficiently. I can come up with many things which are against server merge, it's more complicated than that.

If you can't find enough people who can and willing to actually play Bard, Scholar, White Mage and Paladin, server merger will do exactly nothing. More shouts from a bunch of DDs who barely able to do anything because all the few VITAL jobs decided they rather run with people they trust. More frustrated people who complaint they can't get anything done, too much competition, not enough support jobs and healers, more people quitting. The only solution from SE is to actually make RDM, GEO, SMN and COR to be at least on par with BRD when it comes to provide full on support to party. Only then you could probably have a better chance to get things done where you don't need BARD to be able to clear pretty much most endgame stuffs. Technically you can clear the contents without having a single BARD in your party, but good luck trying to convince the rest of your party members lol.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-30 23:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Sapphire, you do realize that SE added the Ergon weapons for RUN and GEO as their Mythic Equivalents, right? Which every other job, aside from RUN and GEO already have.

Yes, and if you don't play run/geo - no weapon quest for you or 'hook' to get you interested in the expansion more.

Ergons for the other 20 jobs might not make sense since thats giving the other jobs an 'extra' ultimate weapon option, but maybe its not a bad idea for the sake of getting people invested more in the expansion.
I'd care about SoA/delve/skirmish more if plasm/bayld was part of upgrading new ergons for other jobs besides run+geo, or upgraded RMEs further.

my expectations for next skirmish are set to rock bottom, and i'm not a fan of 'bcnm loot pinata of the month' type updates anymore.

maybe i just need to go play 14 and make Zodiac weapons to scratch that weapon upgrading itch.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-07-31 11:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And another example of SE holding out....

12th Vana'diel Census Unveiled

I remember when.......

This survey revealed a lot more detail about the game. (most popular linkshell color!) Looks like the same guy that made the login page made this.... how cute
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 11:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
Come on, server merge isn't a magical autowin button that helps the game. SE could merge servers or you could form a shell and/or network teamup more efficiently. I can come up with many things which are against server merge, it's more complicated than that.

If you can't find enough people who can and willing to actually play Bard, Scholar, White Mage and Paladin, server merger will do exactly nothing. More shouts from a bunch of DDs who barely able to do anything because all the few VITAL jobs decided they rather run with people they trust. More frustrated people who complaint they can't get anything done, too much competition, not enough support jobs and healers, more people quitting. The only solution from SE is to actually make RDM, GEO, SMN and COR to be at least on par with BRD when it comes to provide full on support to party. Only then you could probably have a better chance to get things done where you don't need BARD to be able to clear pretty much most endgame stuffs. Technically you can clear the contents without having a single BARD in your party, but good luck trying to convince the rest of your party members lol.

With how easy it is to level and gear up these days everyone should have at least one support job.

I know most people wont like this but i think everyone should have a three song relic bard, the JSE 3song harp is cake to get. I know a relic is still cost like 100M, but to me i dont see how it is that hard to get 100M anymore if you are willing to put forth a little effort.
[+]
 Valefor.Hakujin
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-31 12:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »

With how easy it is to level and gear up these days everyone should have at least one support job.

I know most people wont like this but i think everyone should have a three song relic bard, the JSE 3song harp is cake to get. I know a relic is still cost like 100M, but to me i dont see how it is that hard to get 100M anymore if you are willing to put forth a little effort.
I disagree. Eminent Flute combats the overwhelming advantage Gjallarhorn had against non relic bards casting Ballads. Langeleik (and the introduction of Haste 2/buffs for GEO-Haste) make +4 marches nice, but certainly not required.

If you love Bard, make a horn. If you don't, you'll be fine.
 Asura.Kharlan
Server: Asura
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-07-31 12:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope those people on struggling servers can get a merge soon. On Asura (700~1400 online) I'm in like 5 populated endgame linkshells and a 200-person social linkshell. There's always Delve and AA shouts, with the occasional Voidwatch farm and Dynamis win shouts as well.

Doing something about balancing the support jobs is very needed though, getting a BRD and SCH always takes forever.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-31 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
And another example of SE holding out....

12th Vana'diel Census Unveiled

I remember when.......

This survey revealed a lot more detail about the game. (most popular linkshell color!) Looks like the same guy that made the login page made this.... how cute
I'm super annoyed there is no stats at all on RME+Ergon weapon building.
WTF SE at this years Census 'data'
By Pantafernando 2014-07-31 12:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its interesting we have 52% girls in this game and i never noticed.

Mnk being first job by large margin of others aside war and pld and rng being so below show how old this info was gathered, prob pre ark angels.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 12:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of female characters is due to the mithra - galka ratio which are the single-gendered races.

And cause girls are prettier.
By gdiShun 2014-07-31 12:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Mnk being first job by large margin of others aside war and pld and rng being so below show how old this info was gathered, prob pre ark angels.

I think it includes the level 1 mules. There's isn't an extra job that has more than 1 member represented in the '100-person village' thing.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-31 13:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
Pantafernando said: »

I think it includes the level 1 mules. There's isn't an extra job that has more than 1 member represented in the '100-person village' thing.

True.
I was wondering about war having such importance compared to pld, rng and sam, i guess that could represent the rmt mules that are create just spamming "enter".
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 13:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kharlan said: »
Hope those people on struggling servers can get a merge soon. On Asura (700~1400 online) I'm in like 5 populated endgame linkshells and a 200-person social linkshell. There's always Delve and AA shouts, with the occasional Voidwatch farm and Dynamis win shouts as well.

Doing something about balancing the support jobs is very needed though, getting a BRD and SCH always takes forever.

how would a server merge solve this? even if it is increasing the amount of brds and sch on a server you are also increasing the amount of DDs and shouts on that server.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Hakujin said: »

I disagree. Eminent Flute combats the overwhelming advantage Gjallarhorn had against non relic bards casting Ballads. Langeleik (and the introduction of Haste 2/buffs for GEO-Haste) make +4 marches nice, but certainly not required.

if we go the nice but not required route we would all be wearing sparks gear looking like we are heading to dunes.

im far from a bard expert but doesnt the +4 make the songs last longer so you can do other things like heal buff debuff.

there is a lots of things in this game that are just nice but you do not need, but if you are trying to be efficient they sure help.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-31 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Each +1 is extra 12 secs, 24 if under nitro. Can make a reasonable diference if using soulvoice.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-31 13:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting to level 99 now takes what, 1 maybe 2 days?. Building all weapons is now easy and most if not all missions can be done solo. Solo salvage, solo dynamis, even assault is about 80% soloable.

We need a return to the challenge. Like I said, open up new areas, level cap them, Ts mobs and NMs that are 30+ levels above players and stop with the dumb as shat events like dancing for a frigging mumor trust.

People want new stuff and challenging events. If that is not true then everyone would have quit FF11 when they lost their 20th level 30 capped promy holla fight or 10th mammet fight.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-07-31 13:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »

Last year's far more detailed breakdown looked at levels 6-99 in order to not include mules (keeping in mind that the original Mog Bonanza, at least, required level 5 to buy marbles, hence, lots of level 5 mules).
The results were still largely the same, with starting jobs in the lead.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/11/2.html

It's probably something in line with the mule logic though. Likely a lot of characters that got abandoned after a month were on base jobs, for example.
 Valefor.Hakujin
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-31 13:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if we go the nice but not required route we would all be wearing sparks gear looking like we are heading to dunes.

im far from a bard expert but doesnt the +4 make the songs last longer so you can do other things like heal buff debuff.

there is a lots of things in this game that are just nice but you do not need, but if you are trying to be efficient they sure help.
Sparks gear to 119 reforged is ~10m and a few merit parties. Eminent Flute to Gjallarhorn is ~100m and months of work. A player will see an objectively larger increase in their capabilities in game by making a set of 119 reforged items than by making a Gjallarhorn, regardless of cost.

"We would all be wearing sparks gear" isn't a good argument.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sparks gear to 119 reforged is ~10m and a few merit parties. Eminent Flute to Gjallarhorn is ~100m and months of work. A player will see an objectively larger increase in their capabilities in game by making a set of 119 reforged items than by making a Gjallarhorn, regardless of cost.

"We would all be wearing sparks gear" isn't a good argument.

so why bother spending 10M on reforged when you can get by with sparks gear. gill is not that hard to get, but i guess striving for good enough is the way to go these days.
 Asura.Kharlan
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-07-31 13:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

how would a server merge solve this? even if it is increasing the amount of brds and sch on a server you are also increasing the amount of DDs and shouts on that server.

? It wouldn't, those 2 points were unrelated. That's why I started a new paragraph...
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

? It wouldn't, those 2 points were unrelated. That's why I started a new paragraph...

sorry i miss read thought it was a continuation of the same idea.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-31 14:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol @ SE census. Everything quoted was pointless. Nothing to show me what people want. Just noise.

I know what I would like to see but most just want server merge thinking that is the end all be all.

Only thing that will happen is 30 shouts for stuff and you will STILL be waiting for a harp/relic horn BRD and/or STUN SET SCH.

Like field of dreams, if you expand it, they will come.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-31 14:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
Josiahkf said: »
I'm doubting there are 100,000 active subscriptions to ffxi.
I'd guess like 25,000-35,000 max.
25,000 would be the right number, 70% of those players are japanese.
This game needs a server merge asap. Some friends returned to play ffxi, But it's very hard to do content atm because the game is too dead, naakuals are roaming around Lakshmi, parties takes forever to form in order to do arks or any other event that req more players, because the low population.

It's just sad srsly. Everyone is aware of this problem, idk why they keep ignoring it. Only hardcore players remains.

What's truly sad is the maximum you'd ever need is 18 to do some stuff and out of 418 people, someone can't find enough people to do stuff with lol. Sounds like lakshami is a dying server but fenrir is pretty booming.

EDIT:

This biggest problem in the game right now is way to many 1-dimensional player that only want or can be a DD.

EDIT AGAIN: To add that the people complaining the most about not being able to find people to do stuff with are the people that are 1-dimensional players. Level a damn support job and you'll have no problems doing stuff. This "I'm a DD and I are entitled" ***doesn't fly in todays 11.
[+]
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-31 15:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the day, to join a proper shell, you needed to have 2 melee jobs and at minimum 2 mage/support jobs.

How times have changed......
[+]
By volkom 2014-07-31 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

back in the day I remember afking in town for hours on end
By oldman 2014-07-31 15:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

so why bother spending 10M on reforged when you can get by with sparks gear. gill is not that hard to get, but i guess striving for good enough is the way to go these days.

Balancing the game with real life is the way to go these days.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 15:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

oldman said: »

this has nothing to do with it really.

i've seen lots of casuals with relics, just cause it will take longer to do i guess puts people off.

people are all about the instant gratification.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-31 15:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst repetitive cop out ever, checking in.
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-31 15:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want an easy button you can purchase one at staples :)