users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Expansion
New Expansion
First Page 2 3 4
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Deathnought 2014-06-20 07:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So.....think we can look forward to yet atleast one more expansion? Or maybe more? If so, what do you think the new expansion will release area wise and job wise? Fun Friday conversation ^.^
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-20 07:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

fake Jos?

I highly doubt there will be another expansion.
[+]
 Shiva.Octorok
Server: Shiva
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Octorok 2014-06-20 07:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-20 07:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they will release a new expansion. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing instead to keep the game going, though. I'm sure they have a few dozen more battlefields to re-release....
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-20 07:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

C'mon, is common sense, there are 2 more expansion at least in the future. The South and the North continents.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-06-20 07:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we'll sooner see addons becoming a thing again.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-06-20 07:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxi is about to die.

Once the final naakual/delve is released, a meteor will fall in vanadiel, that will turn in dust all your chars and give you a free code to ffxiv.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-20 07:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ffxi is about to die.

Once the final naakual/delve is released, a meteor will fall in vanadiel, that will turn in dust all your chars and gives you a free code to ffxiv.

Only heard this nonsense for 6+ years. So far, ALL rumors of FF11 dying or not having a new expansion released have been 100% debunked.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-06-20 07:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fake Jos?

Is there a real jos?
Thats new to me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-20 08:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets put it this way, how many people said they would NEVER raise the level cap? I for one remember saying that there was no chance. I also never thought that we would ever see a new expansion pre-Adoulin and was shocked when they announced it.

We all know that SE isn't putting too too much into this game anymore, but it obviously doesn't need much to keep moving forward. I would no longer be surprised if there was a new expansion somewhere down the line, because up to this point SE has been everything but predictable in that regard.

The QoL improvements offer hope, in my opinion. The fact that the game still has monthly updates is hopeful. The fact that people are always talking about the game's demise...is not. Think positive, talk positive, and act positive. I think doing that can only help.

Here's to many more years.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-20 08:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Ffxi is about to die.

Once the final naakual/delve is released, a meteor will fall in vanadiel, that will turn in dust all your chars and gives you a free code to ffxiv.

Only heard this nonsense for 6+ years. So far, ALL rumors of FF11 dying or not having a new expansion released have been 100% debunked.
OHAI!
By wormfeeder 2014-06-20 08:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading something a few years back stating that ffxi was always set up to go to lvl 125. now I don't know if they always planned on raising the lvls or it is just there in case they need it.
By fonewear 2014-06-20 08:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fake Jos?

I highly doubt there will be another expansion.

Yea it is called FFXIV.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-20 08:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Olzhyria(south) with the Gha Naboh Matriarchate, the homeland of mithra. Things known about it:
- Giant beasts live in the wilderness
- The mithran queen is a ***(Lekho hints she is evil)
- Law is cruel(Sin Hunters)
- Yhoh should be the capital of Gha Naboh
- At least the islands of Tsahya and Zhwa are under Aht Urhgan's dominance
- The royalty probably hails from Zhwa
- It is unclear whether it's three different nations or not, but Gha Naboh, Zhwa and Tsahya seem all equally important

Far East:
- An empire that's been at war with Aht Urhgan for many years
- They greatly suffered the effects of the emptiness
- Phoenix is in a sense their guardian(I would in a relationship akin to Fenrir-Windurst, with the exception that Phoenix is nicer)
- The yagudo homeland is here as this is the seat of the shogunate
- It is unclear whether the yagudo nation and Tenzen's are only one, but it's safe to believe it's two different one
- They helped the mamool ja in the war against the empire
- Bushido and ninjutsu were invented here

Razhowa(north):
- Homeland of orcs and gigas
- Orcs burnt to the ground one of the Yggdrasil twins
- Runes were first discovered here allowing the birth of rune fencing

Now, new jobs seem extremely unlikely, but if they were to add some, which could it be?
- Necromancer(from the south; the mithra race has a sort of morbid relationship to the concept of death and respect for the dead) pet job that uses undead and demons(they wanted to release it back with AU already, so the concept exists)
- Chemist(far east?) A class that can make meds a bit more relevant wouldn't hurt
- Morpher(south) Hybrid class that could cover a variety of roles taking the form and thus abilities and stats of monsters(somewhat redundant with bst)
Anything else: sorry bro, but nope, we already have them in game. But like I said, any new class is very unlikely, so let's just hope for the lore and the areas to be released. An expansion doesn't need new jobs necessarily.

Source: I'm a FF scholar.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-06-20 08:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
...We all know that SE isn't putting too too much into this game anymore...

I'm really not seeing that. I've seen more content and adjustments in the past 8 months than during the whole of the WotG era or the Voidwatch era. Arguably, even more eras. Looks like FFXI got a proper team back after being syphoned by FFXIV for years.

The fact that people are always talking about the game's demise...is not.

People have been talking about the death of the game, literally, since I started playing 7 1/2 years ago. If FFXI were dying, it certainly doesn't feel like it. People might have had a persuasive argument during the aforementioned eras but now...
[+]
By Goltana101 2014-06-20 09:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Octorok said: »
No
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-06-20 09:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

C'mon, is common sense, there are 2 more expansion at least in the future. The South and the North continents.
Just because they are there lore wise doesn't mean they will happen. There is potential for 1 or 2 expansions since when they expanded their partition on the PS2 HDD (inc ps2 killing the game etc) I think I remember it being to enough space for 2 or 3 expansions. Whether they will actually do it or not is a completely different matter and depends on if they think they can sell enough units for them to be worth it.

I haven't played in like 9 months so I can't speak for the games current population but from what I hear I wouldn't keep your hopes up.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-20 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully expect another expansion, they're devoting much more into this game than ever before. Monthly updates? cmon.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-20 09:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxi is about to die.

While FFXI may be dying, FFXIV is not much better. Most people are bored with the same content just harder lvls of fights, and free handouts.

Read the forums of many players English and JP. They want it more like FFXI. They are asking for NM's world, Nysle Isle, and believe it or not REM's

Oh and they want thf like ffxi and recently they took our ninja job over to ffxiv.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-20 09:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed FFXIV. Then I got to the end game realized I lvled all alone and knew no one and then couldn't do anything but dungeon finder which at the time wasn't very rewarding.

I hope that if they did can FFXI they at the same time would announce FFXI-2. This game is great and still has so much lore left to it. I mean for awhile this game was the only thing keeping Squareenix afloat. They released their income charts a few years ago and nearly 60% of it was from FFXI players. This was during the time of FFXIII and the first launch of FFXIV. Them killing off FFXI would be a shot in the foot lol. Least I hope they would think that.

As for new content, next month we get the legendary Haste II! Who knows maybe Utsusemi San and other things we never thought we would have are coming. When it comes to new exp packs there is only one thing we can't do and that is, stop believing....

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-20 09:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A game that gets monthly updates is far from dying, don't see how people can even say it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-20 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Utsusemi San
Kagetora's Utsusemi would be awesome, making clones!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-20 10:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah has never had so much update/new thing to do, my only issue with it atm is they aren't doing a very good job at making the content worthwhile to do for a long time.
By Sieha1 2014-06-20 10:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way they are going to get support for a new expansion is if they bring back alliance only fight world spawns.
 Bismarck.Linkka
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Linkka 2014-06-20 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Razhowa(north):
- Homeland of orcs, gigas and elvaan
- Most elvaans fled to Valdeunia ages ago
- Orcs burnt to the ground one of the Yggdrasil twins
- Runes were first discovered here allowing the birth of rune fencing

The Elvaan homeland, Aldiaine was said to be in the west continent. Given that SoA takes place in the southern 3rd of it, it's highly likely that it is still true.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-20 10:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxi is about to die.

OHAI!

Parttime! WRU? D:

Asura.Ina said: »
Just because they are there lore wise doesn't mean they will happen. There is potential for 1 or 2 expansions since when they expanded their partition on the PS2 HDD (inc ps2 killing the game etc) I think I remember it being to enough space for 2 or 3 expansions. Whether they will actually do it or not is a completely different matter and depends on if they think they can sell enough units for them to be worth it.

I haven't played in like 9 months so I can't speak for the games current population but from what I hear I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

I wouldn't hold on to the old adage of PS2 limitations! These are the same limitations that prevented us from ever having more inventory. Now we have tons of inventory. As well as SE being able to completely eliminate the PS2 format someday and go straight to PC onry. That day is coming close too with SoA PS2 release only being in japan.

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I enjoyed FFXIV. Then I got to the end game realized I lvled all alone and knew no one and then couldn't do anything but dungeon finder which at the time wasn't very rewarding.

I hope that if they did can FFXI they at the same time would announce FFXI-2. This game is great and still has so much lore left to it. I mean for awhile this game was the only thing keeping Squareenix afloat. They released their income charts a few years ago and nearly 60% of it was from FFXI players. This was during the time of FFXIII and the first launch of FFXIV. Them killing off FFXI would be a shot in the foot lol. Least I hope they would think that.

As for new content, next month we get the legendary Haste II! Who knows maybe Utsusemi San and other things we never thought we would have are coming. When it comes to new exp packs there is only one thing we can't do and that is, stop believing....

YouTube Video Placeholder

Indeed, I played 14, was all great when I was xp'ing by myself. Got to 50 and the game lost its luster fast. I firmly believe 14 is losing more player to 11 than 11 is losing to 14 now too. Especially with how crappy the community is on 14. It doesn't hold a candle to 11's community and in a MMORPG, it's all about the community.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-06-20 11:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't hold on to the old adage of PS2 limitations! These are the same limitations that prevented us from ever having more inventory. Now we have tons of inventory.
You realize I was using the PS2 as an example of why more expansions might happen right?
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-20 11:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
I wouldn't hold on to the old adage of PS2 limitations! These are the same limitations that prevented us from ever having more inventory. Now we have tons of inventory.
You realize I was using the PS2 as an example of why more expansions might happen right?

Was just throwing it out there before someone said it, you know it was coming! lol
 Lye
By Lye 2014-06-20 11:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would play an expansion in which the story centered around the FFXI development team.

I've always wondered whether the developers see themselves as architects or gardeners.

(SPOILER ALERT)
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-20 11:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
I would play an expansion in which the story centered around the FFXI development team.

I've always wondered whether the developers see themselves as architects or gardeners.

(SPOILER ALERT)

That's the last expansions storyline. When at the end we all wake up and everything we've been doing is a dream.
First Page 2 3 4