Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 117 118 119
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 13:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas gave us Gary Busey and for that I forgive all other transgressions.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-23 13:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in 2009 when the same ***happened and the same claim "Hamas is using Human shield we have no choice" was made, it has been proved false after the war.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-23 14:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Texas gave us Gary Busey and for that I forgive all other transgressions.

HEY! >:

:)
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 14:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still curious as to how an online petition will accomplish anything, and why people still think petitions do anything period.
[+]
By Yuukari 2014-07-23 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm still curious as to how an online petition will accomplish anything, and why people still think petitions do anything period.

It makes them sleep better at night as they think they did something good.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-23 14:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Have we arrived at wiping them out yet? No? Take your time guys.
Easy there Hitler.
[+]
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-07-23 14:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I find this funny. What would all of you be saying if Canada just started lobbing rockets at the US? Half these peace vpeople would be like "go to war!" Having served in the Army I wouldn't take that ***either. Wanna stop the violence stop throwing rockets, especially from civilian populated areas.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 14:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slore said: »
I find this funny. What would all of you be saying if Canada just started lobbing rockets at the US? Half these peace vpeople would be like "go to war!" Having served in the Army I wouldn't take that ***either. Wanna stop the violence stop throwing rockets, especially from civilian populated areas.
Wait, Canada has rockets? A military force? Weapons of any kind?

All they have is the Canadian Mounties. The Texas Rangers can take them down no problem!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-23 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It give people hope, they hope that showing their protest will make their gouvernment take action to change thing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-23 15:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Most you can do is protesting in the street, under the parliament and gather as many as possible to show the disappointement in this situation. And even then results are doubtful.
Online petition? No one's gonna care.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 15:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

It give people hope, they hope that showing their protest will make their gouvernment take action to change thing.
Wouldn't you agree that petitions are basically ignored on a daily basis?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-23 15:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

wait.... what government are we hoping takes action?

because if you want actual action, Israel is your best bet....however they kinda already started....
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-07-23 15:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to put this out there:

Jihad means to "defend" one's country, not self destructing one's self to kill hundreds of innocent lives.

And another thing, if Jews ran away from Europe due to Hitler's regime then why don't they go back to Europe??

*readies popcorn*
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-23 15:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Only USA wanted the creation of Israel, and not cause they gave a damn about jews. Let's not pretend that anyone's a hero here.
Agreed.

We felt sorry for the Jews for the Holocaust, so we punished Palestine for it. Although if the people in charge had any sense of justice, we should have given all of Germany to the Jews and let them have at it. Or at least, the western side of Germany (damn USSR had a claim of the eastern side).

For once I agree with you. But why didn't this happen? Oh, because the Zionists believed that God gave Israel to his chosen people.

Lunatics on both sides.

There's also a sect of Evangelical Americans who support Israel with their vast wealth because the Jews need to be in possession of that tract of dirt in order for the 2nd coming of the Christ, and thus Armageddon, because *** everyone who doesn't think the world should end in their lifetime, right?

Crap, I knew I forgot some group of delusional people in this whole mess. Turns out it was the crazy fundies here in the good ol' US of A. So between them on the right, and AIPAC bearing down on both sides, American's position on the conflict is disgusting. I want no part in this war over fairy tales, and I don't think our country should have a part. It's not in our national interest.

No one is arguing that Israel should 'lay down their weapons' here. What people are arguing is that Israel is colonizing and working against the cause of 'peace' as laughable a notion that is.

Quote:
Exactly. See, this is the problem in the American media. The situation is presented in a one-sided fashion. The Zionists are just as zealous and some of them are just as fanatical as Hamas/etc. None of these beliefs are founded in reality, they are all based off of fiction books written millennia ago.

I already said that. The Jews believe as much fantastic ***that the Muslims in the region do. Everyone isn't a fanatic but some of the Jews running the show most certainly are. People in key leadership positions over the decades.

It's why I used that 'move the *** holy land' argument. It's a logical and sane solution to this problem but one that will never happen. The Jews are living surrounded by enemies for the sake of such ancient pact with their deity when they could easily ask for land from the US/Canada and probably get it.

Here, take one of our hundreds of wide open *** spaces and set up that Jewish state. But it isn't about a Jewish state. It's about fulfilling some ancient pact both for Jews and their Christian sympathizers who need them to be annihilated for the Gates of Paradise to be opened.

Sorry I missed your post, as the topic grew substantially overnight. You're right, though. I mean the "fair" thing would have been what KB suggested, to carve up Germany to give the Jews a nation of their own. Although after WWI's reparations this may not have been desirable. Alternately, both the US and Canada have vast tracts of barely-inhabited land. We could have given them some of our country and avoided the hostilities altogether.

No, because of some beliefs from the Bronze Age, literally the Bronze Age, now we are stuck with this mess. And America has paid dearly for Israel, in dollars and in lives.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-23 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

because if you want actual action, Israel is your best bet....however they kinda already started....

They hope that gourvenment stop financial trade and sanction like they are doing with Russia we know it won't happen, but remove people hope (for example by taking their land and then bombing them) and all they have left to do is bombing themself out of desperation.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 15:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Jihad means to "defend" one's country, not self destructing one's self to kill hundreds of innocent lives.

And another thing, if Jews ran away from Europe due to Hitler's regime then why don't they go back to Europe??

*readies popcorn*

ji·had
jiˈhäd/Submit
noun
(among Muslims) a war or struggle against unbelievers.
ISLAM
the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.
noun: jehad; plural noun: jehads

jihad or jehad (dʒɪˈhæd)

— n
1. Islam a holy war against infidels undertaken by Muslims in defence of the Islamic faith
2. Islam the personal struggle of the individual believer against evil and persecution
3. rare a crusade in support of a cause
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 15:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

They hope that gourvenment stop financial trade and sanction like they are doing with Russia we know it won't happen, but remove people hope (for example by taking their land and then bombing them) and all they have left to do is bombing themself out of desperation.
Sorry, can you try that again?

Communication error there bub.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-23 15:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A petition is a means of voicing your opinion on a matter, patting yourself on the back for believing you've made a difference, and then forgetting about the matter at hand.

The military has a more effective version that operates on the same principle - it's called a fire-and-forget missile.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 15:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So what people need to do is stop talking and start self-immolating. On courthouse steps. Across America.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-23 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slore said: »

People don't have any clue that Hamas as part of its charter has vowed to kill the Jews.

People also don't realize that America is still the great Satan. If there was no Israel to fight this in the middle east, this conflict would be home here in the states.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-23 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

*readies popcorn*

My opinion on this- as a sovereign nation of its own, with its own standing military, allies, and such, Israel is afforded with a security that Jews who are citizens of other nations do not have. The Jews learned from the horrors of the Holocaust. The US (and most of the world) allowed the Jews to be oppressed without lifting a finger. If another country today decided to do a second Holocaust against their Jewish citizens, Israel has many options as a sovereign nation, up to and including the use of nuclear weapons. So Israel's existence is a protection for a people who have long been oppressed.

My problem is that, once you define Israel as a Zionist/Jewish state, you are creating a situation where Arabs who live there are marginalized by the very nature of what that means.

edit: also, Europe continues to harbor lots of antisemitism. The Jews aren't wanted en masse in Europe.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-07-23 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »

*readies popcorn*
nope, dictionarians(?) are more politically correct than the actual meaning of a word, please see below:

ji·had
jiˈhäd/Submit
noun
(among Muslims) a war or struggle against unbelievers.
ISLAM
the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.
noun: jehad; plural noun: jehads

jihad or jehad (dʒɪˈhæd)

— n
1. Islam a holy war against infidels undertaken by Muslims in defence of the Islamic faith
2. Islam the personal struggle of the individual believer against evil and persecution
3. rare a crusade in support of a cause

I knew people would throw that definition here.

Well just so you know, it's wrong. Why? Because, I myself am a Muslim and as a Muslim I know what Jihad means. It does not mean suicide bombing yourself and killing hundreds of innocent lives. Jihad means to defend your land/country.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 15:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 16:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware 1.6 billion Muslims had come to consensus on the word jihad. My apologies.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-07-23 16:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware 1.6 billion Muslims had come to consensus on the word jihad. My apologies.

A true Muslim is well aware of it. You were just fed lies by the media.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 17:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A true Muslim is well aware of it. You were just fed lies by the media.
called it
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 117 118 119