Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
I'm from the US and I must say that for the most part, Americans desire the fighting to stop but we do not care if it does or not. This conflict is none of our business and want nothing to do with it.

The rest of the world seems to think we live in a world of flowers and rainbows and for the everyday American, this is not true. We have our own problems to deal with.
And they expect us to solve their problems for them, and we are the evil empire until we do so...

edit: paged, so take a couple of bears and call me in the morning.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 10:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm from the US and I must say that for the most part, Americans desire the fighting to stop but we do not care if it does or not. This conflict is none of our business and want nothing to do with it.

The rest of the world seems to think we live in a world of flowers and rainbows and for the everyday American, this is not true. We have our own problems to deal with.

Can we get that 3B in US aid to Israel back then? Cause Americans have voted with their tax dollars to support this on one side.

For strategic reasons of course.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-23 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Can we get that 3B in US aid to Israel back then? Cause Americans have voted with their tax dollars to support this on one side.

For strategic reasons of course.

When we hear aid here the first thing we think is food, shelter, and clothing. Of course we're for all that. The higher ups are the ones labeling the financing weapons and defenses also as aid. The everyday American would love to have the 3B in taxes back and spent in bettering our own; especially if that 3B was spent on weaponry.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-23 11:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
We have our own problems to deal with

(someone had to)

Really? Did Italians have the fortune of seeing people toting guns openly to a parade for a national holiday too? (I was overjoyed by having to explain that to my six-year old nephew earlier this month. I really enjoyed the part where the crowd went dead as the atheist float passed.)

Do Italians have an influx of child refugees?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-23 11:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty pointless thread in all aspects. Won't even pretend to care about Palestine/Israel situation when there's much worse goin on in multiple countries as you're reading this right now. Let's get back to Boko Haram and other islamic militants ravaging Northern Africa as we speak. More interesting is the reports of Al Qaeda openly raiding villages and destroying religious monuments in Mali a year ago. Who else do we know to be religious and important in Mali.....
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-23 11:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Oh the Palestianians have blood on their hands but Israel is colonizing pure and simple, the international PR is just meant to sweeten the medicine as it goes down.

Nope. I've explained, in detail, how this all came about. I've even provided maps showing the different area's (A, B, C) and how it's Area C that is under contention. Israel originally contended that since no Arab nation agreed to the "two state solution", and they actually attacked Israel and attempted to form a "one Arab state solution", that the plan is null and void. They have since recognized that two states might be better and are currently working that out. They have completely evacuated out of Gaza, forcibly removing and displacing their own citizens. The results were the redoubling of attacks and even more violence then there was previously.

Everything else you said is more of that Russian grade propaganda. Gaza is under the control of Hamas and Area's A and B of the west bank are under the control of the PA (Fatah). Area A are 100% under PA control, Gaza is technically part of Area A. Area B is under the administrative control of PA (Fatah) but has Israeli military stationed to provide security.

Learn the political system and economic structure before you mouth off like that. Also brush up on your history as your ignorance is causing your antisemitism to show no matter how much you try to hide it. Or at least do a simple google search

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip

Egypt also blockaded Gaza, for the same reason Israel did. In 2005 Israel pulled out of Gaza 100%, complete withdraw of all military and forcible evacuation and relocation of Israelis. By 2006 Israel had received over 1900 rocket attacks from Gaza. In 2007, unable to stem the tide of smuggled rockets or rocket components they, along with Egypt, implemented a complete blockade of that area. In 2010 both sides lightening up a bit. Israel actually has a more open crossing then Egypt, an Arab nation, does. Guess those Egyptians are "oppressing" those poor Gaza residents who just want to do their "good Muslim" duty and kill Jews.

:Edit:

Wait aren't you one of the super liberal, Obama is Jesus, forcible destruction of all private guns, nuts? Your telling me you support the complete disarmament of your own countrymen but are absolutely behind the arming of a known hostile entity?

What exactly did you think was the cause of those border blockades anyway? Are you really so ignorant that you imagine a group of Jewish men sitting in big chairs at a table smoking cubans while wearing red smoking jackets, talking about how to better "oppress" the local non Arabs? Do you really think that's why things happen, or does it just make you feel morally superior to invent bond villains?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 11:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing surer than old Adolf popping up in a thread is a claim of anti-semitism when someone dares to criticize Israeli policy.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-23 11:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Yes, not just children actually. Hundreds of people arrive weekly at the island of Lampedusa, most of them die drowning cause the boats are so packed with them that they fall off it(others die asphyxiated), the survivors saturate the region and are tried to be relocated somwhere but facilities aren't even enough for all of them. And they arrive in a coutry whose economy is on the verge of Greece-level, so they find absolutely nothing.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 11:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only USA wanted the creation of Israel, and not cause they gave a damn about jews. Let's not pretend that anyone's a hero here.
lolwhat?

It was mostly a Britain thing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-23 11:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
GB controlled the influx during the war but got out of there cause they didn't want to deal with that ***after WW2.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-23 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell the Jews come to America, we'll cut out part of a US state for them and they can live in eternal peace thousands of miles away from any Muslims in New Isarel with New Jerusalem. We've got more land than we know what to do with here in 'Murica.

What's that? Religion? Holy land? Right of Return? Dammit, so much for solving this problem rationally.
where would you put them?
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 11:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
We have our own problems to deal with

(someone had to)

Really? Did Italians have the fortune of seeing people toting guns openly to a parade for a national holiday too? (I was overjoyed by having to explain that to my six-year old nephew earlier this month. I really enjoyed the part where the crowd went dead as the atheist float passed.)

What's wrong with people carrying their guns for a parade?
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 11:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

GB controlled the influx during the war but got out of there cause they didn't want to deal with that ***after WW2.
Yes it was created so they didn't have to deal with the refugees otherwise, still not the US's fault for that.

Granted, I'd personally just like to see the US refunded the $ for the $/equipment we gave them, and cut them lose and let them do their own thing, as we have enough issues without dealing with a conflict that will probably last until the planet is devoid of homo sapiens.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 11:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Tell the Jews come to America, we'll cut out part of a US state for them and they can live in eternal peace thousands of miles away from any Muslims in New Isarel with New Jerusalem. We've got more land than we know what to do with here in 'Murica.

What's that? Religion? Holy land? Right of Return? Dammit, so much for solving this problem rationally.
California.

Maybe things would improve there.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 11:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we could always use more lawyers and doctors to go along with the Obomacare nonsense, no?

amirite?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-23 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The point about US is that they seized the opportunity, they didn't really care about jews holy land. They wanted a base in that area and Israel was the perfect puppet state. And now they're bros4ever.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 11:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it, we've got enough land here in the US to take in the entirety of Israel - 8 million - and give them their own country. We're already bosom buddies so hey, lets do them a solid and move them closer to home. Get Canada involved, grab a map and carve out a new Jewish state Britannia style. Here are the perks: You'll never have to deal with angry Muslims again. Just send God an email saying ***got too real in the Holy Land so we decided to make a new holy land.

Screw the rules, we got money.

That way we can reap that sweet Jewish tech/medical/intelligence without them shitting up the newsfeeds with their eternal conflicts against their neighbors. Palestine can have the whole damn region back and we'll see what they do with it.

Boom, two state solution before bedtime so mail my Nobel to a P.O Box pls. Rank amateurs they have negotiating peace agreements. Amateurs I say.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 11:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we could always use more lawyers and doctors to go along with the Obomacare nonsense, no?

amirite?
You can have the lawyers.

Doctors would probably retire anyway.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 11:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The point about US is that they seized the opportunity, they didn't really care about jews holy land. They wanted a base in that area and Israel was the perfect puppet state. And now they're bros4ever.

That I can agree and equally be disgusted about.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 11:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it, we've got enough land here in the US to take in the entirety of Israel - 8 million - and give them their own country. We're already bosom buddies so hey, lets do them a solid and move them closer to home. Get Canada involved, grab a map and carve out a new Jewish state Britannia style. Here are the perks: You'll never have to deal with angry Muslims again. Just send God an email saying ***got too real in the Holy Land so we decided to make a new holy land.

That way we can reap that sweet Jewish tech/medical/intelligence without them shitting up the newsfeeds with their eternal conflicts against their neighbors. Palestine can have the whole damn region back and we'll see what they do with it.

Boom, two state solution before bedtime so mail my Nobel to a P.O Box pls. Rank amateurs they have negotiating peace agreements. Amateurs I say.
Better yet, let's give them Canada.

It isn't being used anyway.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 11:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be totally disgusted if I were you.

A presence in the Middle East is a great tactical strategy just in case things get real.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-23 11:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Only USA wanted the creation of Israel, and not cause they gave a damn about jews. Let's not pretend that anyone's a hero here.
Agreed.

We felt sorry for the Jews for the Holocaust, so we punished Palestine for it. Although if the people in charge had any sense of justice, we should have given all of Germany to the Jews and let them have at it. Or at least, the western side of Germany (damn USSR had a claim of the eastern side).

For once I agree with you. But why didn't this happen? Oh, because the Zionists believed that God gave Israel to his chosen people.

Lunatics on both sides.

Exactly. See, this is the problem in the American media. The situation is presented in a one-sided fashion. The Zionists are just as zealous and some of them are just as fanatical as Hamas/etc. None of these beliefs are founded in reality, they are all based off of fiction books written millennia ago.

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Pretty pointless thread in all aspects. Won't even pretend to care about Palestine/Israel situation when there's much worse goin on in multiple countries as you're reading this right now. Let's get back to Boko Haram and other islamic militants ravaging Northern Africa as we speak. More interesting is the reports of Al Qaeda openly raiding villages and destroying religious monuments in Mali a year ago. Who else do we know to be religious and important in Mali.....

The Israel/Palestine conflict is particularly relevant to the United States because Israel is our staunchest ally. I agree that there are things that aren't focused on as much as they should be. And actually I think that most Americans really don't care about Israel or Palestine; it's an issue inflated by politicians in both major parties, pandering to the Israeli lobby. But when you have a nuclear power fighting resistance on its border or inside land that it claims, that's definitely a concern for the entire world.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-23 11:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That place isn't even that nice, they could totally chose a better one! They can say they found a long lost hidden last page in the holy text where God says "actually, over there looks better".
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-23 11:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who still think "if the Israeli's just lay down their weapons and smile all will be rainbows and sunshine" I'll give you yet another bit of history that you didn't bother to read up on.

During the formation of the Palestinian Authority they had elections. At that time there were primarily two parties. The moderate party was Fatah, who previously was a terrorist organization dedicated to the death of Jews. They had since taken up a more moderate approach and campaigned on a platform of economic development, educational opportunities and general quality of life improvements. Their opposition was a hard right faction Hamas who split off from Fatah when Fatah decided to stop killing Jews. Hamas campaigned on a platform of adherence to Islamic law and killing more Jews. The Hamas faction won the election and was supposed to form a joint coalition with Fatah to peacefully govern the PA. Instead they started killing of members of the Fatah party and of course made true on their campaign promise to kill more Jews. They were the Arab version of the hard right party of "God, Guns and Murica". Very soon afterward they were declared a terrorist organization and Fatah was acknowledged as the leader of the PA. By then Hamas had killed or driven away all Fatah representatives in the Gaza area and thus began the whole back and forth with rockets and airstrikes.

This is so you guys can get a good idea of the kinds of people your dealing with. They are very much into the "killing Jews cause that's what good Muslims do" line of reasoning. The only way to get out of that is to have a moderate entity like Fatah implement long term economic development, which is actually happening.

But hey talking about how industry is slowly taking off in the west bank doesn't sell adds and doesn't feed into the memeplex that Israel is some evil entity that murders Arab babies for face cream. My prediction is that if Fatah can keep sh!t cool in the West Bank for at least ten to twenty years, non-violent interactions will become normal enough for more comprehensive reforms to take place.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-23 11:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be totally disgusted if I were you.

A presence in the Middle East is a great tactical strategy just in case things get real.
In the past I've been of the opinion just to glass over the entire region. I've since retracted that opinion in favor of not killing so many innocents. However I'm at odds with myself about picking the original thought again, I mean after all, the society there is what creates that nonsense, aren't they equally as guilty? (being facetious a bit).
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-23 11:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Agreed.

We felt sorry for the Jews for the Holocaust, so we punished Palestine for it. Although if the people in charge had any sense of justice, we should have given all of Germany to the Jews and let them have at it. Or at least, the western side of Germany (damn USSR had a claim of the eastern side).

For once I agree with you. But why didn't this happen? Oh, because the Zionists believed that God gave Israel to his chosen people.

Lunatics on both sides.

There's also a sect of Evangelical Americans who support Israel with their vast wealth because the Jews need to be in possession of that tract of dirt in order for the 2nd coming of the Christ, and thus Armageddon, because *** everyone who doesn't think the world should end in their lifetime, right?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-23 11:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elohims will come back eventually and they'll only talk to whoever owns Jerusalem. It's very important.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-23 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is arguing that Israel should 'lay down their weapons' here. What people are arguing is that Israel is colonizing and working against the cause of 'peace' as laughable a notion that is.

Quote:
Exactly. See, this is the problem in the American media. The situation is presented in a one-sided fashion. The Zionists are just as zealous and some of them are just as fanatical as Hamas/etc. None of these beliefs are founded in reality, they are all based off of fiction books written millennia ago.

I already said that. The Jews believe as much fantastic ***that the Muslims in the region do. Everyone isn't a fanatic but some of the Jews running the show most certainly are. People in key leadership positions over the decades.

It's why I used that 'move the *** holy land' argument. It's a logical and sane solution to this problem but one that will never happen. The Jews are living surrounded by enemies for the sake of such ancient pact with their deity when they could easily ask for land from the US/Canada and probably get it.

Here, take one of our hundreds of wide open *** spaces and set up that Jewish state. But it isn't about a Jewish state. It's about fulfilling some ancient pact both for Jews and their Christian sympathizers who need them to be annihilated for the Gates of Paradise to be opened.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-23 11:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

They are fanatical but not nearly as much as Hamas or ISIS. Zionists got a crazy grand dream of restoring ancient Israel (which by the way did exist, it's not fictional). The difference is they can actually be reasoned with, they can be talked to, which means you can use politics and leverage to manipulate them into playing nice. Groups like Hamas use extreme interpretations of the more violent parts of the Koran to incite violence and hatred that can't be reasoned with. And cause you can't talk with them you can't manipulate or motivate them to play nice with others. If you don't like what they do, they just kill you and move on. Only solution to groups like that is massive military response, violence is the only language they speak. Of course in doing so you end up killing lots and lots of innocent civilians and that's just war. Hell today we have far less causality counts then ever before. People are crying about hundreds being killed in Gaza, that's nothing when historically such engagements would entail tens of thousands dead.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 11:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The Koran, in many senses, doesn't require extreme interpretation to inspire violence, it's a pretty bloody and hatefilled book. Not that other religious books aren't, but I wish people would actually read the book in entirety before defending Islam or pretending that extremists are pulling something extra from it's pages.

Not specifically directed at anyone.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 117 118 119