Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-25 09:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
But the community is mostly made of the pseudo-intellectuals I mention.
Then why are you here?

If we are "below your level of intelligence" as you so put it, then why visit this website in the first place?

Really, now. Do you seriously believe that these people that post in every single thread to give their opinion are actually knowledgeable/credible when doing so?

Since when do you have to be credible when you give an opinion?

When you state things as fact, you better show your sources and/or professional knowledge. But 99% of the posts made by people are opinionated. Everyone's is, including you there bub!

Do you seriously believe that these people who are not even part of the average population on many points and who aren't even actually truly aware of what is going on beyond their borders and that happen to all sport the same flag aren't to be put in the same basket?
So, basically you said it is ok to lump people into the same basket based on the location they are in and treat them as such.

I don't know if I said it earlier but, please *** prove me wrong. Show me a stars and stripes in this thread who is part of these people that post in every single threads and that actually showed any kind of knowledge on the topic of Israel and Palestine. Show me one, just one.
While his aggressiveness is on the same level as you, I would say this poster has shown the most knowledge in regards to the history of Israel and Palestine.

And after you've found this person, then just sit back and analyze the content of the others' posts. Now compare both.
His posts are attacked not because of the level of knowledge, but the aggression he portrayed to people.

Which is what I'm saying...

It's pretty simple, really. You have maybe 5 people at most that post in every thread possible and have a different flag, and these people usually show great knowledge and a very specific way of talking. Now take the usual fast-food-P&R-threads consumers and compare both content in term of quality, knowledge and pertinence.
Don't you mean people you generally agree with vs. people you generally don't?

I'm all for being butthurt, I'm all for defending one's pride, but when the majority of posters that post in every single thread are nothing but ***posters, well, eat it, because I won't stop myself from calling a cat, a cat. And if they're not happy and answer me, I damn sure will push their head deeper in their ***. And you know what's funny? They still can't smell their own ***after 14 pages.
Then don't complain when people call you out for being a ***that you are.

If you like dishing it out, then start taking what you dish out.

No amount of diplomacy can reach these people. Shitposters cannot be reasoned with.
You are a perfect example of this.

So now, ya, come again with your "you shouldn't attack people". There isn't a single way to properly discuss a topic here without it turning to postwar. I think the only 2 people that are usually diplomat and seem calm as ***/knowledgeable of the top of my head are this guy with the Odin avatar and Kara.
Welcome to Debate 101.

Where 95% of the viewpoints are hotly contested and the other 5% have a little backing and reason to it.

Thing is, Kara and Jassik also show their aggression from time to time. They are not as "calm and concise" as you portray them.

As for nobody listening to me, it's mainly because what I say isn't what they want to hear. Have you seen Seha? Have you seen Ccl? Just to name those two. They're much more diplomat than me, have made the same points (some of them at least) and they're still ignored. Why? Because the majority of people on these forums and in this very thread are part of that shitposting wave of pseudo-intellectuals.
People do listen to Seha. Ccl is a little hard to understand, and his aggression shows every now and then, but some people do listen to him (as long as he isn't attacking them).

They are not ignored. Just because they aren't responded to doesn't mean that they are ignored. It could very well be that nobody has a counterargument to their point.

Check, ***, mate.
Except you are playing checkers there. Chess is over that way.

edit: double paged, so continuing with the frogs and adding some other critters with them:

[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-25 09:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here becomes it is cheaper than going to therapy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-25 09:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bahamut.Wordlifee said: »
ANYONE who criticizes Israel for what it's doing is a complete idiot
Look, see?
But I bet this guy doesn't get any backlash, but a lot of +s instead.

When you criticize someone for x behaviour it should be applied to everyone else in the room, not just your opposer.

edit: I don't agree that anyone should use insults in a debate, so I disagree with Senkyu's modus operandi as well, however if you attack someone for it, you should mention everyone else too that was on your side doing the same.

You are equating the two sides of the conflict. This is naive, and above all, a FALSE moral equivalence. It's kinda like taking a rapist and a victim and saying well they were both fighting so they should both goto jail.

Hamas uses its citizens to protect it's missiles, Israel uses its missiles to protect it's citizens.
Both sides are killing people, this is the issue, the root.

What we want is for both sides to stop killing each others. That's all. We don't want to see Israel or Palestine people die, neither should die. There was a bad situation created after WWII, it should be fixed. I don't know how, but the people who were in charge of creating this situation should work toward a solution rather than condemning the events without lifting a finger.

I don't know how you expect Hamas to stop killing Israelis when the destruction of Israel and all Israelis is a stated objective of its political charter.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-25 09:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »

LMFAO! five people signed the petition in the last three days...

Dear OP:
You may want to try to gin up support somewhere else....
Relying on the ffxiah community may result in untold numbers of casualties.
Unfortunately for you, we enjoy watching things blow up on TV.
Thanks,
Everyone
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-25 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We need ninja. Ninja can catch only the bad guys without anyone noticing.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-25 09:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Dear OP:
Thanks,
Everyone

Speaking of change.org someone made a petition to shut down change.org

https://www.change.org/petitions/change-org-remove-your-website-change-org-from-the-internet#intro
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-25 09:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear OP:
Thanks,
Everyone

P.S. Sometimes, we are the ones blowing ***up.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 09:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We need ninja turtles. Ninja turtles can catch only the bad guys without anyone noticing.
FTFY
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-07-25 09:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

we enjoy watching things blow up on TV
Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 09:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*
what backlash? He does suck. only good thing about his films are the massive amounts of explosions.

Seems like it's the only real meat n potatoes to his movie plots.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-25 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*
what backlash? He does suck. only good thing about his films are the massive amounts of explosions.

Last time I said it Transformers fans all over the world sent me death threats.

Okay, not really, but the outrage was massive.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 09:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Dear OP:
Thanks,
Everyone

P.S. Sometimes, we are the ones blowing ***up.
Only if we can't find someone else blowing ***up.

Or we watch Swamp People.
By fonewear 2014-07-25 09:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Bay and James Cameron are going to redo Titanic the ending will be ships blowing up for 30 minutes.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-25 09:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-25 09:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 09:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*

A lot of transformers fans, myself included, were accosted by the poor acting, and weenie-esque main actor. The saving graces were the original voices to Optimus and Megatron. And the explosions.
Movie had potential, Michael Bay ruined said potential, but the ultra diehard fans will ignore everything, and remove themselves from criticizing anything about their favorite series.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-25 09:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*

A lot of transformers fans, myself included, were accosted by the poor acting, and weenie-esque main actor. The saving graces were the original voices to Optimus and Megatron. And the explosions.
Movie had potential, Michael Bay ruined said potential, but the ultra diehard fans will ignore everything, and remove themselves from criticizing anything about their favorite series.

Too many indistinguishable robots, and the main bad guy doesn't show up until what 2 hours in the movie?
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-07-25 09:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I don't know if you are familiar with the game telephone that children are taught, but people change the story, exaggerate, lie, and are misunderstood within minutes of re-telling a story and these stories occurred 1500+ years ago. That's where faith comes in and fact leaves.

2. You completely disregarded the first words I said. I was attempting to explain why WWII was different (fact vs. faith) but I was not advocating that it should be treated differently. However, you got upset with my mildly worded one line about a potential prophet.
That's why this science has been in existence since early Islam.

Also:
I'm torn between Miria and Teresa, but Miria has the best faces.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-25 09:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even know Transformers was 2 hours long. I just saw 30 minutes of explosions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-25 09:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Bay sucks.

*waits for backlash*

Transformers was cool and all but Michael Bay was without a doubt expressing Biblical Gnosticism putting it in perspective as if Satan was the good guy. Different faces and names but same story. He's probably illuminati as hell too.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-07-25 09:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-25 09:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why are you here?

If we are "below your level of intelligence" as you so put it, then why visit this website in the first place?
Because not everyone is. You're taking a victim stance by saying "we", thus including literally everyone but me, or everyone who has an American flag. I clearly explained who were the kind of people I was talking about, without naming them sure, but not knowing who I'm talking about is playing dumb.

Also, I actually always hope that they'll actually evolve, or show a different side that will surprise me. Just because someone made one dumb/aggressive post, he/she's not categorized as such forever in my mind. Of course, if the person only does that, well...

Since when do you have to be credible when you give an opinion?

When you state things as fact, you better show your sources and/or professional knowledge. But 99% of the posts made by people are opinionated. Everyone's is, including you there bub!
I just don't see what is the point of sharing an opinion if you aren't able to actually back it up in a way or another. Why would you suddenly get up in the bus and yell "I LOVE DR PEPPER"? I don't know, I don't grasp this concept.

An opinion is built from absorbing information, analyzing it and logically reach an understanding of it. Some people of course will have "negative" ways of doing so and will reach the level that you describe, which would be ignorance and, overall, pure attention whorism "I have an opinion, here, take it". So I'll have to disagree with you here, as they're a minority and are people dismissed on sight (see Viciousss's first post in this thread as a very good example).

So, basically you said it is ok to lump people into the same basket based on the location they are in and treat them as such.
No, I didn't. I said it was funny that the people following the same logic (or lack thereof) are from the same place. I then suggest that there was maybe a reason for it.

No, I do not believe that all people in America are pseudo-intellectuals like the ones we have here. I just find it funny that almost everyone sporting this flag and spam posting P&R is a copy pasta of the other person matching the same details doing so.
This is basically "blunt/offensive criticism", which I can perfectly understand if people do not take it as such.

You're not 100% wrong on this one but, he was actually not knowledgeable about the issue at hand. I believe I did answer to some of his posts to say so.

His posts are attacked not because of the level of knowledge, but the aggression he portrayed to people.

Which is what I'm saying...
Well that's a good example then. Because I didn't even see his aggression in his posts, I just saw stupid stuff. See what I mean? If you waste your time worrying on the form, you're missing the core, the point. You're essentially unable to analyze information properly and worse, treat it, use it, understand it. Once again, criticism, take it how you want.

Don't you mean people you generally agree with vs. people you generally don't?
If I don't agree with someone, it's usually because he/she said something extreme and/or has a flawed logic. If someone backs it up with logic, I will just either agree or not say anything because the person makes sense either way, whether I like it or not.

Then don't complain when people call you out for being a ***that you are.

If you like dishing it out, then start taking what you dish out.
Am I complaining? I've merely been answering blow for blow because I'm used to it, especially on FFXI. I'm complaining about their insecurity if anything, but I've already talked about that.

No amount of diplomacy can reach these people. Shitposters cannot be reasoned with.
You are a perfect example of this.
See 2 quotes above.

Welcome to Debate 101.

Where 95% of the viewpoints are hotly contested and the other 5% have a little backing and reason to it.

Thing is, Kara and Jassik also show their aggression from time to time. They are not as "calm and concise" as you portray them.
The debate had two possible outcomes:

Seha's, mine (and whoever else reached the same conclusions, sorry for not giving all names).

The other conclusion given by the people I keep mentioning has no logic behind it. And by no logic, I mean no properly thought through logic. Proof is that none of the people I have "attacked" has been able to use the root of the issue in his/her logic. That's a fatal error when you're trying to debate.

As for Jassik/Kara, much like Saevel, if they're being aggressive they still give a feeling of not talking out of their ***. It's all about content, form is superfluous.

People do listen to Seha. Ccl is a little hard to understand, and his aggression shows every now and then, but some people do listen to him (as long as he isn't attacking them).

They are not ignored. Just because they aren't responded to doesn't mean that they are ignored. It could very well be that nobody has a counterargument to their point.
Of course they listen to both, but the attack of Jetacku on him was rather poor and showed a lack of patience and a lack of argument. It was just that, poor, cheap, a coward move. He's not that difficult to understand, his English is clearer than a lot of actual native English speakers around here.

Check, ***, mate.
Except you are playing checkers there. Chess is over that way.
I've never played checkers, I actually learned what that is like a year ago or so.

So, ya, about that check mate, well... there is only one point in my answers that is actually weak. The others, which were your main points, are kind of difficult for you to pick on. So I guess I'll have to try to find a way to make that specific weak points less weak. Oh well.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-25 10:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/leaves Senkyuutai & Kingnobody alone for ten minutes...

let us know when you two are finished whatevering.

Edit:and take your text walls to pm
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-25 10:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my favourite Barry White's song! I usually put it on before a date to get in a good mood.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-25 10:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-07-25 10:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
I don't know if you are familiar with the game telephone that children are taught, but people change the story, exaggerate, lie, and are misunderstood within minutes of re-telling a story and these stories occurred 1500+ years ago. That's where faith comes in and fact leaves.

2. You completely disregarded the first words I said. I was attempting to explain why WWII was different (fact vs. faith) but I was not advocating that it should be treated differently. However, you got upset with my mildly worded one line about a potential prophet.
That's why this science has been in existence since early Islam.

Seriously.

This validates what I just said. Humans change the narrative over time. This just happens to be a body of people who change the narrative based on their belief at a time period.
Quote:
Recognizing the trustworthy, reliable narrators and those who are weak and unreliable,' Ibn al-Salah said, "This is from the most distinguished and noble types (of hadith study) as it results in recognizing the authenticity of a hadith or its weakness."[4] He then explained that any criticism directed at a narrator was permissible due to the "maintenance of the Shariah, purging it of any mistakes or misinformation".

Quote:
The grounds upon which a narrator is subject to criticism are numerous some relating to moral uprightness and others to precision.

This is based on what is acceptable for society and others interpretations. It is a subjective qualitative analysis that is dripping in bias and covers 1500 years.

This is a book of faith, not fact. Which is fine, that is what religion is about.

However, don't expect everyone to believe what you believe. Just like you probably don't believe that Odin is the All-Father or Ishtar is the Goddess of war, sex, and love.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-25 10:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Because not everyone is. You're taking a victim stance by saying "we", thus including literally everyone but me, or everyone who has an American flag. I clearly explained who were the kind of people I was talking about, without naming them sure, but not knowing who I'm talking about is playing dumb.
But you attacked everyone who frequently posts here as being below your level of intelligence. Since we (myself included) are the majority of posters here, that would signify that you think the majority of posters are below your level of intelligence.

Which leads to my original question: Why are you here?

I just don't see what is the point of sharing an opinion if you aren't able to actually back it up in a way or another. Why would you suddenly get up in the bus and yell "I LOVE DR PEPPER"? I don't know, I don't grasp this concept.

An opinion is built from absorbing information, analyzing it and logically reach an understanding of it. Some people of course will have "negative" ways of doing so and will reach the level that you describe, which would be ignorance and, overall, pure attention whorism "I have an opinion, here, take it". So I'll have to disagree with you here, as they're a minority and are people dismissed on sight (see Viciousss's first post in this thread as a very good example).
Because, like it or not, everyone has their own opinion of the world, and, like it or not, everyone's opinions of the world will never be the same as yours.

It isn't attention whoring (but if it is, you are one of the biggest offenders here) either.

Besides, everyone's opinion is, as you state it, analyzed and logically concluded with the information presented to them and their understanding on how the world works. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it wasn't analyzed and logically concluded in their minds.

Just because you don't agree with a person doesn't mean that they are wrong.

No, I didn't. I said it was funny that the people following the same logic (or lack thereof) are from the same place. I then suggest that there was maybe a reason for it.

No, I do not believe that all people in America are pseudo-intellectuals like the ones we have here. I just find it funny that almost everyone sporting this flag and spam posting P&R is a copy pasta of the other person matching the same details doing so.
This is basically "blunt/offensive criticism", which I can perfectly understand if people do not take it as such.
See point #2

ou're not 100% wrong on this one but, he was actually not knowledgeable about the issue at hand. I believe I did answer to some of his posts to say so.
You also didn't back up your opinions either. You posted in absolution and to hell with anyone else's viewpoint in the matter.

Well that's a good example then. Because I didn't even see his aggression in his posts, I just saw stupid stuff. See what I mean? If you waste your time worrying on the form, you're missing the core, the point. You're essentially unable to analyze information properly and worse, treat it, use it, understand it. Once again, criticism, take it how you want.
Unlike you, I'm able to discern the core value and presentation at the same time. I'm able to co-analyze people's points while at the same time discerning the "flavor" of the text (as to say) to see if I agree/disagree and why.

You just see the words as they are then automatically dismiss them if you disagree with it. You even admitted that you don't look at the presentation (which also can have meaning on itself), so how can you fully understand what anyone says?

If I don't agree with someone, it's usually because he/she said something extreme and/or has a flawed logic. If someone backs it up with logic, I will just either agree or not say anything because the person makes sense either way, whether I like it or not.

That's how it generally goes when you don't agree with somebody. But to blatantly attack a community that you frequent? I think most people will agree with me when I say this, but I believe that your logic is flawed and needs to change and conform to socialistic standards.

Either that or don't come here.

Am I complaining? I've merely been answering blow for blow because I'm used to it, especially on FFXI. I'm complaining about their insecurity if anything, but I've already talked about that.

Yes, you are. You didn't like how I pointed out your execution of your aggressive behavior here and complained about it.
The debate had two possible outcomes:

Seha's, mine (and whoever else reached the same conclusions, sorry for not giving all names).

The other conclusion given by the people I keep mentioning has no logic behind it. And by no logic, I mean no properly thought through logic. Proof is that none of the people I have "attacked" has been able to use the root of the issue in his/her logic. That's a fatal error when you're trying to debate.

As for Jassik/Kara, much like Saevel, if they're being aggressive they still give a feeling of not talking out of their ***. It's all about content, form is superfluous.
Just because you don't agree with the logic doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Everyone is logical when they are by themselves, it is when humans come into groups that we start becoming illogical. Case in point: the US federal government.

Of course they listen to both, but the attack of Jetacku on him was rather poor and showed a lack of patience and a lack of argument. It was just that, poor, cheap, a coward move. He's not that difficult to understand, his English is clearer than a lot of actual native English speakers around here.
If it was anyone else besides Jet, I would more than likely agree with you.

However, Jet has earned his hatred, as so have I. And you have earned your hatred too. I just hope you realize it by now.

I've never played checkers, I actually learned what that is like a year ago or so.

So, ya, about that check mate, well... there is only one point in my answers that is actually weak. The others, which were your main points, are kind of difficult for you to pick on. So I guess I'll have to try to find a way to make that specific weak points less weak. Oh well.
The whole point of that little snippit is that you think you won in a game we are not playing.

Sorry, but you didn't win. In order for you to win at anything, you would have to have competition, and we are not competing against or for anything.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-25 10:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:and take your text walls to pm
sorry, was in the middle of the above post when you said that.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-25 10:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually listen to songs that pump me up before a date, helps coping with my anxiety/stress.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-25 10:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can only truely give value to the form a person used if you actually know who you are talking to, otherwise you should *try to* ignore it.

Banal example:

I know a couple of people that use bad words every comma, they're not being aggressive, it's just part of their cultural upbringing. An outsider might see all the *** and shits and think wow calm down, when in truth they are actually being very tranquil.

I know it's important to convey things properly in a debate, but not everyone has the same skills so the content is always more important than what surrounds it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 117 118 119