Iraq Calls For US Millatary Aid

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Iraq calls for US Millatary Aid
Iraq calls for US Millatary Aid
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-06-12 17:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Sylph.Berserkerjr said: »
We killed like 3 million of them and I think I read a smart person here say that we got out w/o finishing the job lol. I think he was expecting us to kill 10mil in order to label the job as "finished". How can we be so ignorant?...

yea... numbers alone don't determine if the job was completed/mission accomplished. /ignorant

unless of course reaching a certain number of bodies is your goal'

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-06-12 18:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People in Iraq do not deserve freedom. Fuk them. Obama should do nothing. They have had ample opportunity to be a civil society that outright rejects and stands up to terrorism. Until they fight for it themselves and win it, they do not deserve freedom. I don't care if they all die.
 Sylph.Berserkerjr
Server: Sylph
user: Berjr
By Sylph.Berserkerjr 2014-06-12 18:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

@godofgods

...huh?.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-12 18:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

@godofgods

...huh?.

Red Alert... It's a classic!

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
People in Iraq do not deserve freedom. Fuk them. Obama should do nothing. They have had ample opportunity to be a civil society that outright rejects and stands up to terrorism. Until they fight for it themselves and win it, they do not deserve freedom. I don't care if they all die.

I wish I could say you're wrong. I really do, but I think you're right. Everybody should be "Free" But not everyone deserves it. That whole region of the world proves it's not ready for self determination almost on a daily basis.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-06-12 18:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@godofgods

...huh?.

my initial point still stands.
The rest is just one thought after another that came to mind'
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-06-12 18:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
@godofgods

...huh?.

Thank you'

I wish I could say you're wrong. I really do, but I think you're right. Everybody should be "Free" But not everyone deserves it. That whole region of the world proves it's not ready for self determination almost on a daily basis.

not to agree or disagree, just voicing two points that come to mind;
1. even we (usa) didn't win freedom fighting on our own. We had help from other nations.
And 2, "Until they fight for it themselves and win it, they do not deserve freedom." what does that say for our country today considering we are giving up our freedom/rights one after another on a daily basis.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-12 18:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You will care when Iraq starts churning out terrorists like pre-9/11 Afghanistan. We invaded, overthrew our former buddy dictator and now the country has gone pear-shaped and will replace the Taliban we fought so hard to expel with fat stacks of cash.

But hey, Bin Laden is dead.
[+]
 Sylph.Berserkerjr
Server: Sylph
user: Berjr
By Sylph.Berserkerjr 2014-06-12 18:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really sad. ppl can't comprehend what they read in my country... This is a real issue. This is why we see so many pointless posts everywhere on the internet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 19:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed like 3 million of them and I think I read a smart person here say that we got out w/o finishing the job lol. I think he was expecting us to kill 10mil in order to label the job as "finished". How can we be so ignorant?...

yea... numbers alone don't determine if the job was completed/mission accomplished. /ignorant

unless of course reaching a certain number of bodies is your goal'

YouTube Video Placeholder
Needs more Yuri. Then we can end this nonsense once and for all, lol.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-12 19:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@godofgods

...huh?.

Thank you'

not to agree or disagree, just voicing two points that come to mind;
1. even we (usa) didn't win freedom fighting on our own. We had help from other nations.
And 2, "Until they fight for it themselves and win it, they do not deserve freedom." what does that say for our country today considering we are giving up our freedom/rights one after another on a daily basis.

It's quite a bit more complicated than "Fight for it" though. That whole region has a certain tribal mentality that means to impose a group will on an individual. They may even like it better like that.

I've mostly got thoughts I'd turn into word salad from here on out. I just want my intent to be clear, I support their freedom, but they've gotta put some *** effort in too. Abandoning entire cities to trucks with GLA Technicals (ANOTHER C&C Reference HOLY ***!) isn't exactly stepping up to the plate.

(inb4 no security infrastructure, took the wind out of your sails so now you can't counter me!)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 19:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, going in there in the first place was the big mistake. There was no immediate threat to the U.S. Illegal military action plain and simple.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-12 19:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Like I said, going in there in the first place was the big mistake. There was no immediate threat to the U.S. Illegal military action plain and simple.

But but but yellowcake URANIUM. The most delicious of all uranium. Saddam couldn't be left to enjoy all that without sharing.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 19:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It also set the precedent for Georgia and Ukraine as well. If the U.S. can act without U.N. approval, then so can anyone else. Kudos.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-12 19:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuh uh. You aren't a superpower, can't let you do that StarFox.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 19:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Try and stop us!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-12 20:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The sanctions will be out of the oven soon! When your economy is in ashes, then you have my permission to die engage in illegal warfare.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-12 20:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Russia's just pissed that our Missile Interceptors will render their decrepit ICBMs useless as a deterrent. Then we can just roll in and take over the place. Then promptly freeze to death, because the Russians may not be able to fight very well, but their winter sure as *** can.

Wait a minute, it all makes sense now. Global Warming is paving the way for the first successful invasion of Russia!

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 20:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Best theory ever!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-12 20:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

When's the last time Russia actually got invaded? Genghis Khan? lol
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 20:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitler, lol. And they failed miserably. Before that I think it was some brief skirmishes with the Japanese Empire. Didn't work either.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-12 20:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
When's the last time Russia actually got invaded? Genghis Khan? lol

Uh, Hitler got 16 miles from Moscow, that counts as an invasion, despite it being the worst decision of several terrible decisions Hitler made.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-12 20:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitler, lol. And they failed miserably. Before that I think it was some brief skirmishes with the Japanese Empire. Didn't work either.

Well, the Nazi's had a pretty sweet K:D on the Russians. Then again, Stalin's strategy was to arm one soldier with the gun, and the other with the magazine, whoever died second got a functioning weapon.

Of course, what the history books don't tell you (Well, us as Americans) is that it was the Soviets that won WWII. It wasn't until Kennedy was president that the Soviet part in the victory was even acknowledged.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-12 20:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the Russians absolutely led the way in defeating the Germans, but the Americans absolutely led the way in defeating the Japanese. It was an Allied effort through and through.
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-06-12 20:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Well, the Russians absolutely led the way in defeating the Germans, but the Americans absolutely led the way in defeating the Japanese. It was an Allied effort through and through.

Had it not been for Operation Overlord (aka D-Day) and Higgins new landing craft, Nazi Germany would of withstood another 3-5 years possibly, I'd say America had equal if not greater impact on the Germans than Russia. Russia was just well equipped to counter after Hitler's ego got huge and he thought he could take Stalingrad instead of taking Moscow (which he could have) and lost a million troops in the process because of the Russian winter.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-12 21:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A fair point, interpreting victory isn't as easy as "VJ Day" or "VE Day", there's usually that penultimate moment when victory becomes a foregone conclusion, after that point it just becomes a game of mitigation for both sides.

Asura.Melbufrauma said: »

Had it not been for Operation Overlord (aka D-Day) and Higgins new landing craft, Nazi Germany would of withstood another 3-5 years possibly, I'd say America had equal if not greater impact on the Germans than Russia. Russia was just well equipped to counter after Hitler's ego got huge and he thought he could take Stalingrad instead of taking Moscow (which he could have) and lost a million troops in the process because of the Russian winter.

As far as the European Front is concerned, I'd divvy up credit like this:

Russia: 35%
Hitler's Stupidity: 45%
Britain: 15%
U.S.A.: 5%
France: Maginot Line.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-12 21:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that the Russians killed every German soldier starting from their front line 16 miles out of Moscow and ending in Berlin. The Russians took Berlin, not the Americans. The Americans opened another front and made it easier on the Russians, but they purposely waited for the Russian offensive to be well underway before launching Overlord. It could have happened in '42, but we wanted to let the two powers (Germany and Russia) tire themselves out.
Either way, the US didn't come close to matching the massive offensive output the Russians laid on Germany. The Russia line stretched 1500 miles from Finland to the Black Sea. Germany was going to be defeated, with or without the US landings.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-12 21:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me, I meant actually being invaded and occupied by a victorious army.
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-06-12 21:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is about the funniest thing in the world that could be happening right now, obama buddies, the rebels that our government is training to fight against the Syrian government is somehow the bad guy in Iraq. Now we will be teaming up with Iran to pound them back into the stone age where they & their religion belongs. If par is for course, we can expect to see israel dropping bombs on whats left of Iraq's military hard points to assist Al-qaeda in there jihad. It's all a *** joke, obama lol.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-12 21:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, your entire post is a joke, as usual.
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-06-12 21:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that the Russians killed every German soldier starting from their front line 16 miles out of Moscow and ending in Berlin. The Russians took Berlin, not the Americans. The Americans opened another front and made it easier on the Russians, but they purposely waited for the Russian offensive to be well underway before launching Overlord.

As I had said, the Russian winter set in and the Germans were not at all prepared for the harsh winter conditions. Not only was their clothing not heavy nor thick enough, but the oil the Germans had used on their guns was very prone to freezing and cause the weapons to not even fire at all. The Germans were well enough prepared to take Moscow and easily could have as they were marching with over 1 million soldiers in a blitzkreig, Hitler just decided to off course and take Stalingrad and that's when the winter kicked in and really screwed them over.

Also Macarthur and General Vasily Chuikov were very competitive and raced for Berlin, MacArthur was under strict orders not to take Berlin because they were wanting to stock up on supplies and against his better judgement followed orders to await supplies. Which is a common theme for Macarthur from WW1 all the way to the Korean war, he was never given enough troops to get the job done.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18