Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 56 57 58
By Ramyrez 2015-05-14 12:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Wal Mart offended my sensibilities I refuse to shop there ! (30 minutes later I was found shopping at Wal Mart cause the prices man the prices !)

Or, if you live where I do, "I tried boycotting Walmart, but then I needed a *** lightbulb."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-14 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
corporations care more about the bottom line.
Than some political message, absolutely.
By fonewear 2015-05-16 20:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chrystal-bougon/its-ok-to-be-fat-go-ahead-youre-allowed_b_7103846.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

TLDR Being fat is okay

I know the fat shamers on the anti-fat Reddit threads and the "concern trolls" all over the world will disagree heartily, but I am allowed to take up as much space as I want to take up. And, you know what else? I do not OWE IT TO ANYONE to be fat and healthy, either.

Contrary to popular opinion, I can be fat and healthy if I want to be. I can also be fat and unhealthy. Fat people have existed as long as humans have existed, so get used to us. We're not going to go and hide just because a bunch of people who have a lot of time to waste on a computer are creating hate sights dedicated to making fun of our fat body. I've been fat for over 30 years. My fat skin is extra thick and used to your vile and mean comments. They roll right off my back. (And right over my fat ***, too.) And, the mean threads that are started by the fat haters actually fuel my fire and serve as a reminder as to how much there is still to do in the Body Acceptance movement.

To me, it's plain and simple: You get to exist any way you want to exist. As Pink so eloquently put it recently when being attacked about her body: "I'm not worried about me. And I'm not worried about you, either. I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off."

Pink is saying what a lot of us "fatties" in the Body Acceptance movement repeat over and over. "My body, my business. Your body, your business." I have had my run-ins with people (total strangers) trying to police my body and the customers of my lingerie boutique. I even was on CNN talking about the right to be fat and wear lingerie. My boutique and I got embroiled in a fierce media debate about whether or not my plus size lingerie boutique glorifies obesity.

I think it's happiness that really infuriates and confuses some fat haters. People are often baffled when they see happy fat people. And when you add in the idea that we are not addicted to dieting or working out or obsessed with the notion that we should become some thin version of ourselves, well, that really throws the shamers and haters for a loop. I literally had to defend, on national TV, our right to exist as fat women who want to wear sexy and very revealing lingerie. All bodies are good bodies. All bodies deserve to be celebrated. No one body is better than another body.

So, yes, you can EXIST and take up more space than your neighbor. You do not have to quality that existence with a "but, I am fat and healthy." You don't have to justify anything to anyone about your body and what it looks like on the outside or the inside. The people who want to police your body are just sad, unhappy people with way too much time on their hands. They have nothing better to do. Me, on the other hand, I have ***to do. And, the first item on my TO-DO list is to help fat, thick, curvy women to find some sexy lingerie and help them celebrate their fat, luscious bodies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-05-16 21:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-17 03:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And, the first item on my TO-DO list is to help fat, thick, curvy women to find some sexy lingerie and help them celebrate their fat, luscious bodies.

[+]
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-05-17 05:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother was 400 pounds for 20 years, he moved to a farm and started caring for chickens, stopped drinking soda and hes down to 180.

Making fun of fat people is equal to making fun of trailer trash or drug addicts. Lifestyle choices.

Whose paying for all these fat peoples healthcare? Mostly the tax payer, it is our business. Cheers.

The only thing i 'hate' about fat people is all the world resources they devour while children starve. Mmm consumption good, mmm.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-17 09:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
The only thing i 'hate' about fat people is all the world resources they devour while children starve. Mmm consumption good, mmm.
Right, like it's fat people who go to these children's homes and take all their food away, never mind the fact that it's usually the country's dictatorship that is mainly preventing such aid and resources to go to the public, much more in these "starving children" scenario.

But hey, anything to hate on a group of people and not get called racist/sexist/homophobic/<insert liberal insults>, right?
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-17 09:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
And, the first item on my TO-DO list is to help fat, thick, curvy women to find some sexy lingerie and help them celebrate their fat, luscious bodies.

There's a difference between curvy and fat... but that second picture is more Daaaaaaaamn...

I mean, I'm a bigger girl, and I'll be damned if I ever got that big. Most people are surprised when they find out how much I actually weigh as opposed to what they think I do.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-17 09:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chrystal-bougon/its-ok-to-be-fat-go-ahead-youre-allowed_b_7103846.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

TLDR Being fat is okay

I know the fat shamers on the anti-fat Reddit threads and the "concern trolls" all over the world will disagree heartily, but I am allowed to take up as much space as I want to take up. And, you know what else? I do not OWE IT TO ANYONE to be fat and healthy, either.

Contrary to popular opinion, I can be fat and healthy if I want to be. I can also be fat and unhealthy. Fat people have existed as long as humans have existed, so get used to us. We're not going to go and hide just because a bunch of people who have a lot of time to waste on a computer are creating hate sights dedicated to making fun of our fat body. I've been fat for over 30 years. My fat skin is extra thick and used to your vile and mean comments. They roll right off my back. (And right over my fat ***, too.) And, the mean threads that are started by the fat haters actually fuel my fire and serve as a reminder as to how much there is still to do in the Body Acceptance movement.

To me, it's plain and simple: You get to exist any way you want to exist. As Pink so eloquently put it recently when being attacked about her body: "I'm not worried about me. And I'm not worried about you, either. I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off."

Pink is saying what a lot of us "fatties" in the Body Acceptance movement repeat over and over. "My body, my business. Your body, your business." I have had my run-ins with people (total strangers) trying to police my body and the customers of my lingerie boutique. I even was on CNN talking about the right to be fat and wear lingerie. My boutique and I got embroiled in a fierce media debate about whether or not my plus size lingerie boutique glorifies obesity.

I think it's happiness that really infuriates and confuses some fat haters. People are often baffled when they see happy fat people. And when you add in the idea that we are not addicted to dieting or working out or obsessed with the notion that we should become some thin version of ourselves, well, that really throws the shamers and haters for a loop. I literally had to defend, on national TV, our right to exist as fat women who want to wear sexy and very revealing lingerie. All bodies are good bodies. All bodies deserve to be celebrated. No one body is better than another body.

So, yes, you can EXIST and take up more space than your neighbor. You do not have to quality that existence with a "but, I am fat and healthy." You don't have to justify anything to anyone about your body and what it looks like on the outside or the inside. The people who want to police your body are just sad, unhappy people with way too much time on their hands. They have nothing better to do. Me, on the other hand, I have ***to do. And, the first item on my TO-DO list is to help fat, thick, curvy women to find some sexy lingerie and help them celebrate their fat, luscious bodies.

I was raised to believe that any size is okay, as long as your healthy. If my doctors ever told me I had 2 years to live because of how much I weigh and all the health risks I have, I would do my damnedest to lose as much weight as I needed to so I wouldn't have to worry about dying before 30.

But none of my doctors EVER told me I had so many years to live and that I need to make changes in my diet, as far as I know, I'm healthy so I don't worry about my weight that much.
By Nyruul 2015-05-17 09:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Right, like it's fat people who go to these children's homes and take all their food away, never mind the fact that it's usually the country's dictatorship that is mainly preventing such aid and resources to go to the public, much more in these "starving children" scenario.

But hey, anything to hate on a group of people and not get called racist/sexist/homophobic/<insert liberal insults>, right?

Kim Jong Un is chubby though!

On a side note, that general or w.e must have done something to piss him off wearing that ridiculously over sized uniform.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-17 11:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I mean, I'm a bigger girl, and I'll be damned if I ever got that big. Most people are surprised when they find out how much I actually weigh as opposed to what they think I do.

Absolute weight is not that important, it's the percentage of fatty tissue. We use general weight as a guideline, and for the most part it works. Men should be 20% or under, women should be 25% or under. Men rocking 25%+ body fat or women with 30%+ is where you see health problems as the human body was never designed to carry that much fatty tissue and struggles with the consequences.

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/normal-ranges-of-body-weight-and-body-fat

Get your body composition checked, a simple Bioelectric Impedance Analysis can get you to within 1%, provided it's four point analysis (body hands and feet). The cheap two point ones that only measure from the feet can be off 2~5% depending on body composition.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-17 11:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »

Kim Jong Un is chubby though!

On a side note, that general or w.e must have done something to piss him off wearing that ridiculously over sized uniform.
They didn't have a size smaller than that.
By Nyruul 2015-05-17 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't have a size smaller than that.

North Korea is on a budget! Gotta keep up with funds for Kim's margaritas.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-18 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually his favorite alcoholic drink is straight up vodka (sometimes right out of the bottle), usually the most expensive he can import from Russia.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Yomi Kaenbu 2015-05-18 13:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Actually his favorite alcoholic drink is straight up vodka (sometimes right out of the bottle), usually the most expensive he can import from Russia.

Heheheheh....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-18 19:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Curvy is still within a healthy BMI range but probably in the upper end.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-18 19:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Curvy just references a more extreme hip to waist ratio, sometimes bust to hip to waist. Someone like Valeria Lukyanova is technically "curvy" though nobody in their right mind would think she was anywhere near overweight. What westerners call "Curvy" is just someone who's overweight but her body can hide it in an attractive WHR / BWHR.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-18 20:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Someone like Valeria Lukyanova

...is *** revolting in her own way. But your point is made.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-05-18 21:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

"Curvy" Isn't really related to BMI or fat percentage, it's all bone structure. Like saevel said, it's a waist to hip ratio, but someone with fat on the hip region will most likely look like a donut, not have an hourglass figure.

I'm the kind of person who repeat a bit what fonewear said. "My body is my body and your body is your body" I think if everyone didn't always had their head in other people ***, the world would be a much better place.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-18 21:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »
I think if everyone didn't always had their head in other people ***, the world would be a much better place.

Giving a [+] for that. Celebrity worship and the general attitude of "keeping up with the Joneses" does more damage to humanity than I think people realize. Couple that with the tendency of people to be complete buttholes to those that don't fit their definition of "normal" or "correct" and you have a never-ending cycle of nonsense.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-05-23 10:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maddow Blasts Law Requiring Aurora Shooting Victim's Parents To Pay Gun Manufacturers

Quote:
Rachel Maddow debuted an Outrage-O-Meter on her show Thursday night, and quickly put it to the test with a story about the ongoing trial of James Holmes, who opened fire in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, in July 2012.

Maddow opened her show with heart-rending footage of the Aurora trial. She highlighted the testimony of Brenton Lowak, whose friend Jessica Ghawi -- a 24-year-old aspiring sports reporter -- died in the shooting.

Here’s the part that set off the Outrage-O-Meter: Jessica's parents have been ordered by a judge in Colorado to pay $220,000 to the gun manufacturers who sold Holmes his weapon.

The parents unsuccessfully sued the retailers who made the firearm that killed their daughter. Colorado state law requires that plaintiffs who sue the manufacturers of gun products pay the companies' legal fees if they lose.

“That’s not a typo,” Maddow said, adding, “The mother and father of the victim who died in the Aurora mass shooting have just been ordered to pay a quarter-million dollars to the gun makers who sold the bullets that were used in the Aurora mass shooting -- the parents of the girl who was killed.”

“If you, for whatever reason, sue anyone having to do with the making of guns and if, for any reason, you lose that lawsuit, you’re going to have to pay -- big,” Maddow continued. “It only goes that one direction, too.”

Ghawi's parents are appealing the decision.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-05-23 14:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Maddow Blasts Law Requiring Aurora Shooting Victim's Parents To Pay Gun Manufacturers

Quote:
Rachel Maddow debuted an Outrage-O-Meter on her show Thursday night, and quickly put it to the test with a story about the ongoing trial of James Holmes, who opened fire in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, in July 2012.

Maddow opened her show with heart-rending footage of the Aurora trial. She highlighted the testimony of Brenton Lowak, whose friend Jessica Ghawi -- a 24-year-old aspiring sports reporter -- died in the shooting.

Here’s the part that set off the Outrage-O-Meter: Jessica's parents have been ordered by a judge in Colorado to pay $220,000 to the gun manufacturers who sold Holmes his weapon.

The parents unsuccessfully sued the retailers who made the firearm that killed their daughter. Colorado state law requires that plaintiffs who sue the manufacturers of gun products pay the companies' legal fees if they lose.

“That’s not a typo,” Maddow said, adding, “The mother and father of the victim who died in the Aurora mass shooting have just been ordered to pay a quarter-million dollars to the gun makers who sold the bullets that were used in the Aurora mass shooting -- the parents of the girl who was killed.”

“If you, for whatever reason, sue anyone having to do with the making of guns and if, for any reason, you lose that lawsuit, you’re going to have to pay -- big,” Maddow continued. “It only goes that one direction, too.”

wait...I think I missed something. why exactly would they sue the gun manufacturer? Or did the gun manufacturer somehow supply the weapons on the sly that would somehow hold them accountable?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-23 19:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:

wait...I think I missed something. why exactly would they sue the gun manufacturer? Or did the gun manufacturer somehow supply the weapons on the sly that would somehow hold them accountable?
The parents were looking for a quick payday from their daughter's death.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-05-23 21:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, because that smelled like nothing but a payout in the name of justice.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-23 22:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there evidence that the manufacturer acted inappropriately? If not, getting money from them would be the opposite of justice.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-05-23 22:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Was there evidence that the manufacturer acted inappropriately? If not, getting money from them would be the opposite of justice.

....and that's probably why they didn't win the lawsuit?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-23 22:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

....and that's probably why they didn't win the lawsuit?

Sorry, I may have misread what you meant. Regardless, they must have had something, as I'm sure it's a law that the prosecutor would have been aware of. It was a calculated risk that backfired.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-05-23 23:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

that's what had me curious, what said something was that made them actually think they could win that in court. Maybe they thought that based on the nature of the case, that the manufacturer would throw hush money at them.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 56 57 58