Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 56 57 58
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 13:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Hey, you wanted to argue about a specific argument I never made, how does it feel when the reverse happens?

Go ahead and skew that.
......I did the same thing you did with your disability comment in response to me. Your entire "I must be threatened of the man who really isn't trying to annex Denmark" argument that you projected on me.

An argument that I guess you believe since you didn't use sarcasm tags.

I was pointing out how nonsensical your argument was. But this seems to be a seriously hard concept for you to grasp even when explicitly stated that the argument made no sense.
I'm seriously questioning your who arguments towards me, since your irrational dislike towards Abbot and Texas and trying to demean us at any way possible.

You keep trying to say that Abbot posted the Texas National Guard to keep the Obama administration from invading the state, which you have no proof in saying that. You have conjecture that comes mainly from liberal news media and conspiracy theory websites like infowars that either is profiting from the story or just hyping something that doesn't exist.

My whole argument (which you keep ignoring) is that he is doing it to prevent any incidents from occurring. Or are you going to say that's not my argument at all?

But you know what, I'm done with this argument. You are being very irrational at the moment.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I really want an answer to my dad-bods question.

I don't even know what a dad bod is ! My guess a way of women criticizing men without looking like *** that they are ?

No, a dad bod is a male body that is technically overweight by all images I've seen (although claimed not to be in the subsequent article), described as strong but squishy (bearish) largely due to the lack of time available to tone and get fit. I've seen articles of women who love it and supposedly it is preferred to toned and muscly guys.

http://theodysseyonline.com/clemson/dad-bod/97484
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 13:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly didn't know it was a thing until this week and I saw an article someone linked somewhere or other.

fonewear said: »
I don't even know what a dad bod is ! My guess a way of women criticizing men without looking like *** that they are ?

No, inversely, it's like, a women-being-into-beer-guts thing, I guess?

Hey, if you work on the assumption that women only dress up and work out to impress other women, we could assume the same thing about guys?

***, I don't know. I've given up on understanding the whole thing as it doesn't concern me anyhow. I work out to try to be healthier. Not achieve some sort of silly comic book physique.
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 14:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

supposedly it is preferred to toned and muscly guys.

Well, let's be honestly. Overly-muscly people are kind of gross-looking.

Like, being ripped is cool, but being veiny and bulgy gets weird.

Just imo, I guess.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
supposedly it is preferred to toned and muscly guys.

Like, being ripped is cool, but being veiny and bulgy gets weird.

Just imo, I guess.

Well you can be muscly and not veiny you know. Getting veiny is exceptionally harder than getting toned
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-08 14:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 14:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The positive reaction to this newfound appreciation for curvy men has reminded us all that guys, too, face an at-times unrealistic social pressure to be buff and trim. But where will the trend take us next? Could the "Mom Bod" be the lusted-after shape for 2015? Time will tell.

brb, gouging my eyes out.
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 14:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you can be muscly and not veiny you know. Getting veiny is exceptionally harder than getting toned

Hence "being ripped is cool, but"

Getting veiny is exceptionally harder than getting toned

And can, in terms of competitions at least, require unhealthy levels of dehydration.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-08 14:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"Dad bod" = "Sympathy Baby"

Caused by: "I'm craving cheesecake! You want to get down on this cheesecake too?"

Question answered?
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 14:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Grossness.

Ugh.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Caused by: "I'm craving cheesecake! You want to get down on this cheesecake too?"

Question answered?

So, is it just a way for women to feel better about themselves? I mean must I now "ruin" my body so that you now feel better about yours?

(not you specifically)
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 14:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The article in which the phenomena was revealed to me was actually a list of reasons women prefer this physique...basically, it's not just a "confidence" thing, is more that guys who have a little flab but are still generally "fit" in a health sense tend to be more likely to be better in non-asthetic categories too. Nicer, more fun to be around, less vain, etc.

*shrug*

That's the theory I'm seeing anyhow.

Late edit: and while it's not an all-inclusive theory, I'd guess there's at least a little bit of correlation with a touch of causation to be found.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-08 14:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Question answered?

So, it is just a to share cheesecake when a man is in a period of testosterone loss and a woman is upping caloric intake?

Yep! Sharing cheesecake or home-made, peach milkshakes.

/dusts off hands
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 14:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Question answered?

So, it is just a to share cheesecake when a man is in a period of testosterone loss and a woman is upping caloric intake?

Yep! Sharing cheesecake or home-made, peach milkshakes.

/dusts off hands

You're "clarifying" but you're still looking for someone to get fat with.

Excuse me "up calories" with.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-08 14:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seriously questioning your who arguments towards me, since your irrational dislike towards Abbot and Texas and trying to demean us at any way possible.

You keep trying to say that Abbot posted the Texas National Guard to keep the Obama administration from invading the state, which you have no proof in saying that. You have conjecture that comes mainly from liberal news media and conspiracy theory websites like infowars that either is profiting from the story or just hyping something that doesn't exist.

My whole argument (which you keep ignoring) is that he is doing it to prevent any incidents from occurring. Or are you going to say that's not my argument at all?

But you know what, I'm done with this argument. You are being very irrational at the moment.

Cite where I said this highlighted portion, because I never said any of this crap that you are projecting onto me.

I stated he was pandering to a vocal minority and posted his letter for PR purposes. Something that has backfired with many in Texas and outside Texas. Including many Republicans.

I posted his letter that is linked on the texas.gov website. I've not posted or quoted any other source with regards to Abbott.
http://gov.texas.gov/files/press-office/20150428125759.pdf

I've not posted anything but one primary source. I've not said Abbott was crazy or even knew about his disability, or that all Texans were crazy, or that Abbott thinks Obama is going to attack and take all the guns. You've made a fictional argument up and attributed it to me.

He is doing it for the reasons he stated he is doing it.
Quote:
To address concerns of Texas citizens and to ensure that Texas communities remain safe, secure, and informed about military procedures occuring in their vinicity I am directing the Texas State Guard to monitor operation Jade Helm 15....

During the training operation, it is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property and civil liberties will not be infringed. By monitoring the Operation on a continual basis, the State Guard will facilitate communications between my office and the commanders of the Operation to ensure that adequate measures are in place to protect Texans.

The only irrational thing I've done here is expecting you to be able to follow along in a conversation and not get bent out of shape over it being about something in Texas.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 14:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asks for evidence of an argument a poster made, provides evidence in the very post. Isn't your entire argument over that one source? The one argument where you keep saying that Abbot is answering the vocal minority?

Also:

You are being very irrational at the moment.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-08 14:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asks for evidence of an argument a poster made, provides evidence in the very post.
This argument
You keep trying to say that Abbot posted the Texas National Guard to keep the Obama administration from invading the state, which you have no proof in saying that.

Is not the same as this argument.
I stated he was pandering to a vocal minority and posted his letter for PR purposes. Something that has backfired with many in Texas and outside Texas. Including many Republicans.

Edit: FYI it's the State Guard. The National Guard reports to the US Army and TX. The State Guard only reports to Texas.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-08 14:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 15:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asks for evidence of an argument a poster made, provides evidence in the very post.
This argument
You keep trying to say that Abbot posted the Texas National Guard to keep the Obama administration from invading the state, which you have no proof in saying that.

Edit: FYI it's the State Guard. The National Guard reports to the US Army and TX. The State Guard only reports to Texas.
Still didn't prove that he was pandering to a vocal minority. Letter did not say "on behalf of a few citizens' concern about an idea that the Army is going to invade Texas," so you cannot say for certainty that he is sending the State Guard to defend them from a possible invasion that you keep saying he is doing.

Also:

You are being very irrational at the moment.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-08 15:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're "clarifying" but you're still looking for someone to get fat with.

Excuse me "up calories" with.

I hope you're using the "universal" you.

When a mommy and daddy really love each other, the daddy picks up a head of cabbage and cooks it with a stork and some buns or whatever...That's how it goes, right?

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Cheesecake!

Cheesecake topped with the vaginal blood of feminazis!!! strawberry compote that is force-fed to men. BUM BUM BUM!

We should really consult everyone's second favorite bakery!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-08 15:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This argument

Still didn't prove that he was pandering to a vocal minority. Letter did not say "on behalf of a few citizens' concern about an idea that the Army is going to invade Texas," so you cannot say for certainty that he is sending the State Guard to defend them from a possible invasion that you keep saying he is doing.
Where are those citations for that argument you keep saying I'm making?

His letter is pandering to people who are concerned about the safety and security of their community while a military exercise is occurring near them and that their rights are not infringed upon. He states he is sending in the Guard to monitor and ensure Texans are protected.

Again, I never said he was going to defend against a possible invasion or that he ever said he was going to do this.

Are you implying that since he didn't say "concerns from a small group of citizens", that a large portion of Texas citizens are concerned about their safety and rights with military exercises taking place?

Tell me KN when did the US military infringe upon the rights of citizens when they were conducting a military exercise in any state?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-09 10:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there it is, the nation is more united that ever...

Evidence Shows Obama Did Not Divide The USA
By fonewear 2015-05-09 10:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Well there it is, the nation is more united that ever...

Evidence Shows Obama Did Not Divide The USA

Is that why I don't like Obama so much ! Cause he united me !

My eyes have finally be opened I've seen the light and it has blinded me !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 10:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't say this:

His letter is pandering to people who are concerned about the safety and security of their community while a military exercise is occurring near them and that their rights are not infringed upon. He states he is sending in the Guard to monitor and ensure Texans are protected.

And then this:

Again, I never said he was going to defend against a possible invasion or that he ever said he was going to do this.

Because you just said that his actions were a direct result of people wanting to "defend against a possible invasion" and that "he was doing this" for that reason.

Tell me KN when did the US military infringe upon the rights of citizens when they were conducting a military exercise in any state?
Are you saying that's my accusation now? Keep building that strawman.
 Bahamut.Nixak
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2015-05-10 10:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-14 08:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/12/orangutan-tiger-cubs-video_n_7263054.html

THIS SITE IS AWESOME
By fonewear 2015-05-14 12:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To be or not to be that is the question: My answer gay cakes from Wal Mart

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/gay-straight-promposal-cake-_n_7216352.html

Two Nevada teens -- one gay and one straight -- have become Internet sensations in the wake of their viral promposal, but a new wrinkle in what had been a heartwarming story has emerged.

Jennifer Sandoval, the aunt of one of the teens, told local Fox affiliate KVVU-TV that employees at a Las Vegas Walmart refused to include the word "gay" on a surprise cake she bought for the duo. Sandoval's nephew is Anthony Martinez, who attended the Desert Oasis High School junior prom with his straight best friend, Jacob Lescenski, on May 2.

In a Teen Vogue video profile of Lescenski and Martinez, which can be seen below, Sandoval revealed the original inscription she'd hoped to have written on the icing: "You're gay, he's straight, you're going to prom, you couldn't have had a better date."

After the Walmart associates refused to print the word "gay," she opted for, "You matter, prom kings."

"One word -- 'gay' -- which is the meaning of happy, isn't going to harm putting that on a cake," Sandoval said in the KVVU-TV interview. "I don't understand. It's one word. It's 'gay.'"

When the news station contacted the Walmart, a spokesperson said store policy doesn't prohibit the word "gay," and management wasn't alerted when Sandoval made the request. The spokesperson said a store manager would contact Sandoval.

Sandoval said she was "disappointed" by the incident. The word "wasn't hurtful," she said. "It was to make my nephew happy, to see a smile on his face."

No word on Lescenski and Martinez's reaction to the cake news, but from the look of the Teen Vogue video below, the guys couldn't have been happier with their prom night.

When further questioned about the story a Wal Mart employee say yea "this is pretty gay" (but I accept gay people marriage and wedding cakes)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-14 12:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This story is gay.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-14 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This story is gay.

Ladies and gentlemen we have done it we have used the word gay so much it is no longer...gay !
By fonewear 2015-05-14 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wal Mart offended my sensibilities I refuse to shop there ! (30 minutes later I was found shopping at Wal Mart cause the prices man the prices !)
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 56 57 58