Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 56 57 58
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-24 03:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Echandra said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Echandra said: »
ok, because that smelled like nothing but a payout in the name of justice.

Was there evidence that the manufacturer acted inappropriately? If not, getting money from them would be the opposite of justice.

....and that's probably why they didn't win the lawsuit?

Sorry, I may have misread what you meant. Regardless, they must have had something, as I'm sure it's a law that the prosecutor would have been aware of. It was a calculated risk that backfired.

Umm no, this is a civil case so there is no state prosecutor, it's just two parties going at each other with their own legal counsel. They sued because they were likely under the belief the company would opt to settle out of court vs risk the chance of being found at fault and setting a precedent for further lawsuits. There is zero evidence of the gun manufacturer did anything illegal, but civil cases don't require a law to be broken just one party be better at arguing that another party bares some part of the responsibility.

If you neighbors kid walks into your yard, trips on a rock and injures himself, your neighbor will likely win a lawsuit against you because your responsible for maintaining the safety of your yard and thus bare a part of the responsibility for any costs incurred, actual or potential. In that same line of though it can be argued that since the girl died with a gun made by that company, the gun manufacturer would bear responsibility for the use of that gun. It's not an emotional not a rational argument and it comes down to how good the plaintiff's lawyer can convince a judge that the defendant is responsible for costs incurred, actual or potential.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-28 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR Amy Schumer's feels are hurt !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/27/amy-schumer-people-hate-women-lena-dunham-hollywood-sexism_n_7452782.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Being a woman in Hollywood involves putting up with a whole lot of bullsh*t.

During The Hollywood Reporter's Comedy Actress roundtable, six hilarious A-listers -- Amy Schumer, Lena Dunham, Tracee Ellis Ross, Ellie Kemper, Gina Rodriguez and Kate McKinnon -- got real about sexism in the entertainment industry.

Schumer didn't hold back when discussing the lack of women in late-night television, and why women don't make it into powerful and visible positions even though there is no shortage of female talent.

"I think people hate women," she said. "I don't think they want to hear a woman talk for too long. A lot of people project their mom yelling at them. My [career] has been about tricking people into listening. I'm not saying all men hate women, but there's such an aggression."

Dunham backed her up, pointing to the vicious commentary that awaits vocal women on platforms like Twitter and Instagram. "The way women are spoken to in social media is truly shocking," she said. "It's how you imagine people screaming at prisoners in Guantanamo."

The women related stories of receiving death threats, rape threats, wishes of cancer diagnoses and hearing the good ol' "women aren't funny" refrain on social media. They also spoke about experiencing overt sexism from within their own industry.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-29 10:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, isn't this just more of the "if you don't validate me, it must be because you hate me" kind of conclusions? I mean I guess we're not allowed to think Lena Dunham has very little talent or "Girls" is a terrible show with a terrible premise. If we don't want to pay attention to it, it cannot be because we find it uninteresting or boring, it has to be because we're hateful bigots.

Which of course is just another attack on being male and being masculine.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-29 10:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of funny women out there. It just makes me wonder why things like "Two Broke Girls" and Kathy Griffin are still given any screen time whatsoever.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-04 16:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/04/sexist-wet-seal-t-shirt_n_7505412.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

TLDR T shirt offended feminists ! Also if you find the feminists sense of humor please return it to them !

"My initial reaction was that of pure disgust... and disbelief. I immediately thought of a certain young, impressionable 12-year-old girl that I am a role model to, and how I would never allow her or a (future) daughter of mine to wear something like that," Russo told The Huffington Post.

"My second thought was that of young girls around the world like Malala Yousafzai who have risked it all just to have a chance at education," she said, adding, "This type of message scoffs in the face of all the adversity women have faced not only here but internationally when it comes to seeking an education."

According to their website, Wet Seal's mission is to "use the power of fashion and fun to help our girl express her individuality and fit in -- while standing out." The shirt in question implies using intellect is not a way to stand out.

When asked about the controversy the model replied...but I am too pretty to do homework !

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-04 16:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But Right Said Fred already taught me that I'm too sexy for a lot of things.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-04 16:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also side bar that girl looks about 15 and should be creepy for me but I don't care

This is good no matter what age you are !

Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-05 05:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

She looks 18 to me.
By fonewear 2015-06-05 06:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
She looks 18 to me.

Yea but the thing is I enjoy it more when I think she is 15...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-05 07:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-05 08:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

"Second."

-Scruffy (and also, me)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-05 10:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Senate Republicans have been slow-walking President Barack Obama's judicial nominees all year. It looks like things are about to get even less productive.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday that he doesn't expect to confirm any of Obama's circuit court nominees for the remainder of his time in office, a blow to White House efforts to fill empty federal court seats despite working with a Republican-controlled Senate.

In an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, McConnell was asked about judicial confirmations.

"So far, the only judges we’ve confirmed have been federal district judges that have been signed off on by Republican senators,” McConnell said. Asked if he expects that to be the case through 2016, McConnell said, "I think that's highly likely, yeah."
Mitch McConnell Says Obama's Circuit Court Nominees Won't Be Confirmed Anymore
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-06 05:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Somebody get the catnip -- and step on it! Ms. Mittens means business.

A Stamford, Connecticut, man called 911 this week for help as a standoff with his house cat entered its third hour, leaving him stuck outside the house.

Audio of the 911 call, placed at around 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, makes it clear the man wasn't kitten around, either.

"My cat was getting too aggressive," Mohammed Lokman can be heard telling the 911 operator. "I was inside and he attacked me and he started scratching my leg and biting me. So me and my wife went outside and now we cannot go in for like three, four hours."

The operator responds, sounding a bit confused, "You said this was a cat?”

"Yes," the man replied, later adding, "We cannot move. We cannot do anything. It's so aggressive and so mad."

Police told News12 that the 7.5-pound feline had given birth the night before and that she apparently became aggressive when the man left the house and then attempted to return. (Yes, Lokman was having some pronoun trouble in referring to his cat as "he.")

Officers responded and, we guess, helped talk down the animal.

In an off-camera interview with CBS New York, the man said that he and his wife eventually made it back into the house and went to bed. They're now getting along fine with the cat and her new kitten.

At least Lokman and his wife were able to escape the house. Last year, a cat "freaked out" on a woman in Florida, trapping her inside.

"I got her out of the bedroom, and now she's in my living room and I can't get out," the woman said in a 911 call. "She's got us trapped in our bedroom."
Man Calls 911 To Resolve 3-Hour Standoff With Angry House Cat
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-08 20:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wall Street's Revolving Door Spins Again In Congress

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- If at first you don't succeed, turn, turn again. The revolving door in the nation's capital took another spin last week, when Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) hired Sam Mahler, a lobbyist from Fidelity Investments, one of the country's largest asset managers.

At Fidelity, Mahler lobbied against a key new Department of Labor rule requiring investment advisers to manage investment accounts in the best interests of their clients, rather than their own, according to the company's most recent lobbying disclosure form. The rule prohibits investment companies from steering retirees into holdings based on fees or other perks that accrue to the advisers. These kickbacks cost American savers a combined $17 billion a year, according to an Obama administration analysis.

Kirk and seven other Republicans sent a letter to the Office of Management and Budget in March voicing opposition to the rule, saying it would limit access to affordable investment advice. The Obama administration expects to finalize the regulation by May 2016, giving hostile Republicans plenty of time to defang it with legislation. The country’s largest financial firms, including Fidelity, the big banks, and BlackRock, the world’s largest investor, are lobbying fiercely for Congress to block it.

Now, they’ll have one of their own on the Hill. Although President Barack Obama would likely veto a standalone bill scrapping the rule, he has been willing to cede ground on Wall Street deregulation when Republicans package it within must-pass legislation to fund the federal government.

Kirk's office did not respond to a request to comment for this article.

Although congressional aides make comfortable middle-class incomes, the real money in Washington is in lobbying. Kirk serves on the Senate Banking Committee, which, like its House counterpart, the Financial Services Committee, is a breeding ground for future bank lobbyists, who, in turn, often return to the government to accept powerful positions. The phenomenon is know as the revolving door, and has been sharply criticized by academic experts and anti-corruption advocates for encouraging elected officials to do the bidding of wealthy corporate interests.

Mahler has been through the revolving door before, serving as an aide to Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga.) before joining Fidelity's lobbying team. His move back to a congressional office likely comes with a pay cut. But a host of new connections from a high-profile Senate office could come in handy if he decides to return to K Street.

According to Fidelity's federal lobbying disclosure form, Mahler was also registered to lobby Congress and the White House on securities trading and systemic risk regulation. Top regulators had considered subjecting Fidelity to tougher rules reserved for Systemically Important Financial Institutions -- a designation shared by too-big-to-fail banks. Fidelity, BlackRock and other big asset managers launched a lobbying blitz, which thus far has successfully prevented regulators from including them.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-08 20:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Doctor Who Instructed Thousands Of U.S. Troops Accused Of Drugging, Abusing Trainees

Quote:
WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - Since retiring from the U.S. Army in 2000, Dr. John Henry Hagmann has helped train thousands of soldiers and medical personnel in how to treat battlefield wounds. His company, Deployment Medicine International, has received more than $10.5 million in business from the federal government.

The taxpayer-funded training has long troubled animal rights activists, who contend that Hagmann's use of live, wounded pigs to simulate combat injuries is unnecessarily cruel.

But an investigation by Virginia medical authorities alleges that pigs weren't the doctor's only training subjects.

During instructional sessions in 2012 and 2013 for military personnel, Hagmann gave trainees drugs and liquor, and directed them to perform macabre medical procedures on one another, according to a report issued by the Virginia Board of Medicine, the state agency that oversees the conduct of doctors.

Hagmann, 59, is accused of inappropriately providing at least 10 students with the hypnotic drug ketamine. The report alleges Hagmann told students to insert catheters into the genitals of other trainees and that two intoxicated student were subjected to penile nerve block procedures. Hagmann also is accused of conducting "shock labs," a process in which he withdrew blood from the students, monitored them for shock, and then transfused the blood back into their systems.

The report alleges that Hagmann also "exploited, for personal gain and sexual gratification" two participants who attended a July 2013 course at his Virginia farm.

The allegations against Hagmann have not been previously reported. They are administrative in nature, detailed in a 15-page dossier compiled by two assistant attorneys general for the board. The group temporarily suspended Hagmann's license in March. A hearing is set for June 19 before the full medical board, which could revoke Hagmann's medical license. During the hearing, Hagmann and state lawyers are expected to present their respective cases, which may include testimony from students or other witnesses.

In a statement Hagmann provided on Friday to Reuters, he said: "The mechanisms and protocols utilized in the training all comply with standard practices for training medical students and are, in fact, utilized in medical schools in Virginia."

Hagmann said the "claims of sexual misconduct cause me the most anguish. Absolutely no 'sexual gratification' was involved and there is no evidence of such."

Hagmann said "the courses and procedures in question were all reviewed and approved" by officials at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, a government-run medical school that trains and prepares health professionals to support the military.

The university disputes that. "The procedures used during the training were not authorized by USU faculty," said Sharon Holland, a spokeswoman for the Uniformed Services University.

Holland said a student there raised concerns about Hagmann's training in July 2013. "The moment the department and USU leadership were informed that these events occurred, the institution immediately suspended the relationship with Dr. Hagmann, his course, and his company," Holland said. "We launched an investigation and those findings prompted a report to the Virginia Medical Board."

Holland said the university also alerted the Defense Criminal Investigative Service, a law enforcement agency that oversees the Department of Defense. A spokesman for the service was not immediately available for comment Monday.

Cynthia Smith, a U.S. Army spokeswoman, said she could not comment on the case because the records were not readily accessible. But, she added, "We certainly don't condone that type of behavior."

"DIABOLICAL MAD SCIENTIST"

Medical health professionals familiar with trauma training say they were stunned to hear about Hagmann's techniques. Virginia state lawyers, investigating complaints by some students who attended the sessions, wrote in the report to the state's medical board that "these procedures were not undertaken or provided in good faith for medicinal or therapeutic purposes."

One doctor who offers trauma training, Harvard Medical School professor David King, said that "some of what is described in these allegations is wildly unheard of and perhaps unsafe."

Dr. Howard Mell, a spokesman for the American College of Emergency Physicians, said he could not comment on any specific case. But speaking generally about "shock labs," Mell said subjecting students to such problems during training would be absurd.

"I treat people in the ER everyday for things I have never experienced," said Mell, a Cleveland doctor who trains emergency medical workers and police officers. "I certainly don't need to experience shock to know how to treat it. If that logic was true, men couldn't be obstetricians."

Hagmann said that the Virginia board is applying the wrong standard in assessing his conduct: He said that his trainees are "students," not "patients" as the board calls them, and therefore he may have them perform procedures on one another as part of the educational process.

He told Reuters the allegations are amplified by "animal rights advocates or those with an anti-military agenda."

Hagmann has drawn fire from animal rights groups for years because he is a leading practitioner of "live-tissue training," which involves teaching students by using wounded live animals as patients. Often, pigs are the subjects.

Under pressure from animal rights groups, the U.S. military has reduced live-tissue training. But groups including People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have called for an outright ban, long complaining to the Pentagon about DMI's "senseless shooting and stabbing of live animals," said Justin Goodman, PETA's laboratory investigations director.

"We are absolutely disgusted to learn that the company's cruel, violent and abusive behavior apparently targets service members as well," Goodman said.

Earlier today, PETA sent to U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter a summary of an undercover video it says it took during a 2013 training session by Hagmann's company. The group also asked the Pentagon to cease contracting with DMI. Goodman said the video depicts gratuitous violence against the wounded pigs, and racist and sexist jokes by course instructors.

PETA posted the video, which includes graphic violence, at http://youtu.be/qXwN8ItF3fE

U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson, an Armed Services Committee member who has introduced legislation to ban live-tissue training, said he was disturbed by the video and charges leveled against Hagmann by the Virginia Board of Medicine.

"It seems like this is a renegade contractor visiting abuse on military personnel and live animals," said Johnson, a Georgia Democrat. "It's mind-boggling. It's like a diabolical mad scientist at work in a horror movie."

AMONG PIONEERS IN TRAUMA

In the Army, Hagmann practiced emergency medicine for two decades. He rose to the rank of lieutenant colonel and co-authored an influential combat treatment manual.

After retiring, Hagmann founded DMI - also known as Deployment Medicine Consultants. It is based in Gig Harbor, Washington. Following the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, demand for his courses grew and DMI emerged as a preeminent trauma-response trainer. The majority of DMI's government contracts are with the U.S. military - in particular, Army and Navy special operation units.

"The mission of DMI is to train you to save lives in the combat environment, no one matches our ability to do this," the company says on its website. "We are the single largest trainer of US military forces in operational medicine throughout world, and our record for excellence stands unchallenged."

To demonstrate the positive impact of his training, Hagmann provided to Reuters testimonial emails from two former students. One, deployed in North Africa, wrote last month: "You forever changed my approach to combat medicine Please know you have made a tremendous impact in countless lives." Reuters could not immediately reach the former students for comment.

Such testimonials stand in stark contrast with the board of medicine's report.

In one case detailed by investigators, Virginia authorities allege that Hagmann boasted to a student "about his proficiency with rectal exams" and took the student to a warehouse on his property. There, the report claims, the two "continued to consume beer" and Hagmann asked the student "about the effect (the student's) uncircumcised penis had on masturbation and sexual intercourse." The student told investigators "that he was inebriated and felt that he could not refuse Dr. Hagmann's request  to examine, manipulate and photograph his penis."

In his statement to Reuters, Hagmann connected his comments on circumcision to his live-tissue trauma training course this way: "The debate on the value and impact of circumcision is a current medical and social issue. The historical link between circumcision and masturbation is a fact dating since Victorian England and is still a current topic subject to scientific research."

The Virginia medical board report also says Hagmann conducted what board investigators described as "ketamine labs," "alcohol labs," and "cognition labs." The labs, officials wrote, "involved the dosing of ketamine and consumption of alcohol, at times in combination or in quick succession, so that he (Hagmann) could *** the effects of these substances on their cognition."

During a July 2013 course in North Carolina, authorities say, participants were provided eight shots of rum in 10 minutes. About an hour later, they were allegedly injected with ketamine. Officials allege that one intoxicated participant received a penile nerve block, a type of anesthesia. When other students stepped in to prevent a second intoxicated student from receiving the procedure, the report says, Hagmann volunteered himself, and students performed a penile nerve block on him.

"I have been working in trauma centers for 30 years and I have never done a penile nerve block," said Dr. Mark Brown, an emergency room physician in Lancaster, California. "And why would you ever mix alcohol and drugs? It's very puzzling."

Hagmann told Reuters the medications were all dispensed properly. He also said that procedures performed by students on other students are acceptable.

"For a future or current medical care provider," Hagmann said, "having practice in a safe, controlled, voluntary setting has a huge value and benefit in improving self confidence and self image." (Reporting By John Shiffman.; Edited by Blake Morrison.)
Boys and girls, ketamine is NOT a fun drug.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-12 12:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
ketamine is NOT a fun drug.
Agree to disagree.

On another note:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-12 12:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My response: since when do men care about what women think/do!
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-06-12 12:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree to disagree.

On another note:

Lies all lies! :3
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-12 21:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree to disagree.

On another note:

Long ago I used to shave my 'pits and legs.

Today its only from the knees down and then only in the summer.

I could care less about what men think.

Even less about what women think.
By fonewear 2015-06-13 06:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree to disagree.

On another note:

Long ago I used to shave my 'pits and legs.

Today its only from the knees down and then only in the summer.

I could care less about what men think.

Even less about what women think.

Feminism 101 !
By fonewear 2015-06-13 07:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not techinally Huff Post but it is just as bad:

http://jezebel.com/new-poll-backs-statistic-1-in-5-college-women-are-sexu-1710974093

TLDR You have a 20% chance of getting raped at college!

A new poll done by the Washington Post and Kaiser Family Foundation backs the oft-quoted—and lately, often disputed—Justice Department statistic that one in five college women are sexually assaulted. The poll surveyed 1,000 people who attended college in the last four years and found that twenty percent said they were sexually assaulted.

The one in five statistic originally came from a 2007 survey published by the U.S. Department of Justice, but came under question, particularly in the past year, with the Washington Post pointing out that it only surveyed two schools and that the response rate was “relatively low.” They didn’t quite call it a lie, but did say it was “problematic.”

The new survey, though, is nationwide, covering 1,053 people at 500 schools, large and small, and found that twenty percent of women and five percent of men said they’d been sexually assaulted. The Post says sexual assault was defined in this way: “[F]orced touching of a sexual nature, oral sex, vaginal sexual intercourse, anal sex and sexual penetration with a finger or object.” They also point out that some of the original skepticism about the 2007 study stemmed from a later one that was conducted very differently and may not be a reliable sexual assault indicator:

Skeptics call that statistic misleading, citing a 2014 study from the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics that found college women were victims of rape or sexual assault at an annual rate of 6.1 per 1,000. Non-students, the BJS said, were raped or sexually assaulted more often than students. The 2007 and 2014 studies differed significantly in methodology. The earlier survey, by RTI International, asked about specific scenarios of unwanted sexual contact. The BJS study, more focused on crime, asked directly about rape, attempted rape and other sexual attacks. Last year, a blue-ribbon panel said it was “highly likely” the BJS method underestimates victimization.

The survey asked about other forms of unwanted sexual contact—attempted sexual assault, non-physical coercion, and a suspected assault while the subject was incapacitated—and found that 11 percent of women and two percent of men had suffered an attempted assault.

The Post-Kaiser survey calls alcohol a “major” risk factor, as well as students who said they were involved in hookups “from time to time” (so, uh, most college students). Schools with fraternities and sororities also had increased risk, but other factors—public versus private, “party schools,” religious affiliation—made no difference.

The last fascinating tidbit from the survey deals with perception, not reality: 58 percent of men believed that at their schools, fewer than one in five women were assaulted. The same percentage of women thought the number was probably greater.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-19 04:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
White supremacists on Thursday quickly tried to distance themselves from the suspect in the mass shooting at a historically black church in Charleston, worried that a white man killing nine people in a black church in South Carolina looked bad for their movement.

"This is going to be really bad, I'm afraid," wrote WhiteNationhood in a discussion thread on the white nationalist site Stormfront. "Condolences to the families."

"The media and the left will use this to support their narrative that whites are slaughtering blacks," added MattwhiteAmerica. "It will not matter what the truth is."

The gunman opened fire during a weekly Bible study meeting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston. Police have identified the shooter as 21-year-old Dylann Roof, who is now in police custody. Roof reportedly told churchgoers before the shooting, "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go."

Stormfront commenters continued to hold out hope Thursday morning that perhaps Roof wasn't motivated by racism -- maybe it was anti-Christian hatred instead -- and their movement could keep what they think of as their good name.

"Lets not jump to conclusions and call him a WN [white nationalist] until there is an indication as such... The fact that he targeted a church gives me an inkling that it was religion-related," wrote WhiteVirginian.
White Supremacists Worried Charleston Shooting Makes Them Look Bad
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 07:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

"The media and the left will use this to support their narrative that whites are slaughtering blacks," added MattwhiteAmerica. "It will not matter what the truth is."

This is literally a white guy slaughtering black people. What, is he holding out hope that the guy "identifies as black"?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-19 11:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

This is literally a white guy slaughtering black people. What, is he holding out hope that the guy "identifies as black"?
I think you're overlooking the main point of the article. What this kid did was considered too hardcore even by white supremacist groups.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 11:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're overlooking the main point of the article. What this kid did was considered too hardcore even by white supremacist groups.

Meh. I accept that this is "just my opinion" but when you're a hate group from the get go, you don't get to be upset that someone actually enacted something that you only "want to do in theory".

They're all scum of the earth.

Again, just my opinion. Sorry to "overlook" that they hate blacks slightly less for no good *** reason.

In before inevitable idiotic rebuttal of, "Oh, but hating a hate group just makes you a hypocrite!"
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 12:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think many white supremacists like the idea that they're better than *somebody* which in this case are *insert minorities here* but most of them don't actually want to slaughter those races. Or kill people.

Because you need them around to puff up your ego. And someone to oppress.

It's still hilarious though in a horrible way to see someone in a white supremacy organization have the stones to be like "naw man, this is outrageous."
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 12:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It's still hilarious though in a horrible way to see someone in a white supremacy organization have the stones to be like "naw man, this is outrageous."

"Only crazy people do the types of things that we wish we could do!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 12:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like Al Qaeda when they were trying to distance themselves from ISIS.

"Yeah man we blow up buildings and detonate suicide vests but we'd never behead innocents or rape women and children. These guys are savages."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 12:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think many white supremacists like the idea that they're better than *somebody* which in this case are *insert minorities here* but most of them don't actually want to slaughter those races.

Well it's certainly true that hate groups recruit the young and aimless, preying on their insecuries and uncertainty. But there are still people doing the leading who actually do hate for some *reason*, albeit an idiotic or twisted one.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-19 12:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I think many white supremacists like the idea that they're better than *somebody* which in this case are *insert minorities here* but most of them don't actually want to slaughter those races.

Well it's certainly true that hate groups recruit the young and aimless, preying on their insecuries and uncertainty. But there are still people doing the leading who actually do hate for some *reason*, albeit an idiotic or twisted one.

It's simply easier to hate and pump yourself up on the internet or around your peers than to actually do something.

You'll see lots of hate groups go on and on with vicious tirades about wanting to kill *insert group here* or mad delusions of what they think is ideal but how many of them are willing to interrupt their lives to do it? It's easy to trash blacks, jews or hispanics online but most people are gigantic pussies who wouldn't do ***IRL.

And if they do it's some under the table, 'shore up myself against retaliation' ***. That's why when someone does do ***they're all like "woah, im not part of this. please dont take me away to prison. they'll sandbag my ***."
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 56 57 58