Is It Time To Remove Under God From The Pledge?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Is it Time to Remove Under God From the Pledge?
Is it Time to Remove Under God From the Pledge?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2014-04-22 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical of Atheist Liberal pussies to take the fight to court.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hinamori
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 10:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »

*For once isn't the one to take the bait*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Refreshtwo said: »
Yes and it never of been there in the first place

Under god was added for christian patriotism and never been a part of the pledge.

Going take 10 more years to get it removed at this rate but the older people will die out rational thinking will continue to improve in United States.

You know it's hilarious when I see atheists call Christianity stupid, but they go out of their way to rename things like Easter Bunny (Now Spring Bunny) and they still celebrate Christmas.

If you're not a Christian, stfu, don't meddle in someone else's religion and make it a news story. Seriously -who- the -***- cares? You aren't a Christian, you have no business celebrating Easter yet you think it's ok to change the name of the Easter Bunny despite being against Christianity and the notion of what Easter represents. You're against Christianity, yet I see so many people (so many -atheists- in my area) are celebrating Christmas. IDC if it's 'holiday' season or not, when I am at work and it's the day of Christmas Eve, I am going to say "Merry Christmas" why? Because the day itself is Christmas, not 'holiday'

Don't go "rational thinking" when atheists are just as hypocritical as Christians when the atheists want to rename a christian holiday just so they can celebrate it.

[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 11:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

how else should they do it? fist fight in an ally?

I mean, I'd like to see it but hey
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-22 11:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

liberals use their words to fight
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »

Sir I challenge you to fisticuffs.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-22 11:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd bet easy money that most people who still support the Pledge, regardless of whether it has the McCarthy era addition or not, don't actually know the damned thing anymore.

But maybe I'm wrong. I might be unusual in that once I recognize something is a load of ***, it gets put into my circular file. Literally the only thing I was forced to recite as a child that I still remember today is my family's grace prayer before dinner, and that's because my parents still say it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I'd bet easy money that most people who still support the Pledge, regardless of whether it has the McCarthy era addition or not, don't actually know the damned thing anymore.

But maybe I'm wrong. I might be unusual in that once I recognize something is a load of ***, it gets put into my circular file. Literally the only thing I was forced to recite as a child that I still remember today is my family's grace prayer before dinner, and that's because my parents still say it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America.
And to the republic, which it stands.
One nation.
Under god.
Indivisible .
With liberty.
and justice for all.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

*Sits back down in her desk and gets ready for school*

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 11:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tatsiki said: »

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

[+]
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 11:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the Nazi's we saluted the flag like this:

Whats the point? Things change. They get adjusted to fit an image and to create a desired perception. The pledge of allegiance is one of those things that has been modified to create a perception during a specific era. For the most part aspects of it are now anachronistic.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-22 11:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can fit this much Derp into a single comment, we can fit BIG 7Up taste into only ten calories.
[+]
 Sylph.Linkk
Server: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2014-04-22 11:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sylph.Linkk said: »
How many levels of stupid you have to be? Is telling your kids not to smoke or running in a street brainwashing or protecting them? Is it that hard for you to comprehend "not to pledge allegiance to anything until you know and understand what they are actually doing." So to you, having them wait until they are well informed so they can make an informed choice is the same as brainwashing? lol I don't know if I should pity you thinking or laugh.
But if you consider pledging allegiance to a nation as brainwashing, then why not the refusal to pledge allegiance to a nation as brainwashing also?

Street goes both ways bub. What you consider brainwashing, somebody else can consider the opposite as brainwashing.

You completely missed my point, and I expect you to miss my point again because of your arrogance.

Ok it's official, I pity your thinking. Let me briefly explain why you’re thinking makes no sense. First having kids pledge allegiance without knowing what they are doing, no comparison, no opposing viewpoints, no historical context over and over again is what I call brainwashing. When they are old enough to comprehend what pledging allegiance means and all of the above plus more was covered in their education and they choose based on that, how can that possibly be considered brainwashing? It’s the opposite. Sorry, I can’t miss a point that you thought you were making when it was flawed from the start. “What you consider brainwashing, somebody else can consider the opposite as brainwashing” You made me cry a little bit with this line. I would ask you to explain this but I fear I may not mentally recover from it. Look up what the word brainwashing actually means, then try to picture someone defending doing the opposite can be called the same thing.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How many levels of stupid you have to be? Is telling your kids not to smoke or running in a street brainwashing or protecting them? Is it that hard for you to comprehend "not to pledge allegiance to anything until you know and understand what they are actually doing." So to you, having them wait until they are well informed so they can make an informed choice is the same as brainwashing? lol I don't know if I should pity you thinking or laugh.
But if you consider pledging allegiance to a nation as brainwashing, then why not the refusal to pledge allegiance to a nation as brainwashing also?

Street goes both ways bub. What you consider brainwashing, somebody else can consider the opposite as brainwashing.

You completely missed my point, and I expect you to miss my point again because of your arrogance.

Ok it's official, I pity your thinking. Let me briefly explain why you’re thinking makes no sense. First having kids pledge allegiance without knowing what they are doing, no comparison, no opposing viewpoints, no historical context over and over again is what I call brainwashing. When they are old enough to comprehend what pledging allegiance means and all of the above plus more was covered in their education and they choose based on that, how can that possibly be considered brainwashing? It’s the opposite. Sorry, I can’t miss a point that you thought you were making when it was flawed from the start. “What you consider brainwashing, somebody else can consider the opposite as brainwashing” You made me cry a little bit with this line. I would ask you to explain this but I fear I may not mentally recover from it. Look up what the word brainwashing actually means, then try to picture someone defending doing the opposite can be called the same thing.

Please just....stop posting, I still do the pledge of allegiance, hell my whole school does the pledge of allegiance. It is not brainwashing you idiot, if anything you're the one brainwashing your own child.

Put a sock in it and take the tin foil hat off, I mean what happens if your child starts to rebel and starts to say the pledge? What will you do? Going to punish the child for making a choice? If so you're brainwashing them yourself and you are a hypocrite.

I do it willingly, I've done it for years and have questioned the country many times. Just because you say the pledge does not mean you're a brainwashed buttmonkey.

Stop posting...seriously....
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 11:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Please just....stop posting, I still do the pledge of allegiance, hell my whole school does the pledge of allegiance. It is not brainwashing you idiot, if anything you're the one brainwashing your own child.

Put a sock in it and take the tin foil hat off, I mean what happens if your child starts to rebel and starts to say the pledge? What will you do? Going to punish the child for making a choice? If so you're brainwashing them yourself and you are a hypocrite.

I do it willingly, I've done it for years and have questioned the country many times. Just because you say the pledge does not mean you're a brainwashed buttmonkey.

Hmm. Pathetic reading comprehension go.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-22 11:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

First having kids pledge allegiance without knowing what they are doing, no comparison, no opposing viewpoints, no historical context over and over again is what I call brainwashing.
Then teach your kids what they are doing.

Instead of saying "Daddy doesn't like you saying the Pledge of Allegiance, so you better not do it if you know what's good for you!"

When they are old enough to comprehend what pledging allegiance means and all of the above plus more was covered in their education and they choose based on that, how can that possibly be considered brainwashing?
By the time most anyone is able to comprehend their own thoughts, they are on their deathbed. So, are you saying that we should all just not think/learn because that is in essence brainwashing, according to your own definition?

My point is, because most people (you included) cannot comprehend basic thinking, you should not automatically label any action as "brainwashing" just because you don't agree with that action. I feel sorry for your kids for having a father with a narrow point-of-view.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Oh no I read that part actually, but is it still ok to go "Don't say the pledge because I say so, you don't know anything enough yet so I'm making the choice for you"

How is that any different?

Then again, what's the point of this debate?
[+]
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2014-04-22 11:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like, don't read what I post, it's a pretty simple solution especially when it was not directed to you. You have a whole new boatload of stupid that I am not interested in ; )
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-22 11:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Tatsiki:

Don't bother with Linkk, he is just another person who thinks he is the smartest person in the world and he is absolute.

There will never be any reasoning with him, and he will continue to attempt to demean you at every interval.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like, don't read what I post, it's a pretty simple solution especially when it was not directed to you. You have a whole new boatload of stupid that I am not interested in ; )

Oh look he's hurling insults to make himself look smart.

You're backpeddling, admit it. You know you're wrong so you're downplaying any logical explanation aimed against your point of view. It's not uncommon tbh, everyone does it. But tbh, you're about as ignorant as anyone else, and just as stupid so don't be calling someone stupid unless you know who the person is behind their screen.

Unless you can convince me otherwise and can somehow make your posts invisible to my eyesight, I'll keep reading, and I'll offer my 2 cents. Welcome to the real world, because I have an opinion as well. I don't agree with your opinion, and thus I will declare.

IT IS NOT BRAINWASHING

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

Move along.
[+]
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2014-04-22 11:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no I read that part actually, but is it still ok to go "Don't say the pledge because I say so, you don't know anything enough yet so I'm making the choice for you"

This is what happens when you come to a party late. I made the point earlier, if you tell your child not to smoke or not to run across a street, is that brainwashing or protecting them until they are old enough to make that choice for themselves? See, boatload of stupid. Well maybe not stupid but simple. Good day princess.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 11:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look he's hurling insults to make himself look smart.

You're backpeddling, admit it. You know you're wrong so you're downplaying any logical explanation aimed against your point of view. It's not uncommon tbh, everyone does it. But tbh, you're about as ignorant as anyone else, and just as stupid so don't be calling someone stupid unless you know who the person is behind their screen.

Unless you can convince me otherwise and can somehow make your posts invisible to my eyesight, I'll keep reading, and I'll offer my 2 cents. Welcome to the real world, because I have an opinion as well. I don't agree with your opinion, and thus I will declare.

Hurling insults to make himself look smart, who is doing that again?
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-22 11:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when you come to a party late. I made the point earlier, if you tell your child not to smoke or not to run across a street, is that brainwashing or protecting them until they are old enough to make that choice for themselves? See, boatload of stupid. Well maybe not stupid but simple. Good day princess.

No actually telling them not to run across a street or smoke is protecting them from somethign that is harmful. Saying the pledge of allegiance isn't harmful, that's being 1.) Overprotective. 2.) Brainwashing. 3.) Hypocritical.

Good day peaches.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 11:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't believe in God I'm sure that you can still recognize the benefit of people fearing repercussions for crimes and other crappy behavior they got away with and would never be caught for by the police. This can and does prevent a lot of crimes/douchebaggery regardless of which God/reigion you believe in. A lot of people have little to no moral compass and the fear of God can act as a substitute for some people who otherwise would have no remorse ever for anything.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2014-04-22 11:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like peas and broccoli.

BRB, going to court to have them BANNED so my kids don't have to eat them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 11:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

except if you lack a moral compass, and remorse, then what is the fear of god to a non believer?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like peas and broccoli.

BRB, going to court to have them BANNED so my kids don't have to eat them.
Maybe I'm just being a peaist here but I only hate canned peas <.<
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12