Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Jetackuu said: »

You know what are scarier than militia nuts, who stockpile guns and don't really bother anyone while they do? Overzealous federal agents who can't manage their superiority complex.
In no way this department/these workers could be considered overly zealous, they've given this rancher way more than enough leniency, he's been given more than enough time to comply with the court order it's about time they arrest him for contempt of court and seize his assets for the debt he owes.

Or are you going to sit here and also argue that this hasn't already been to court and decided already?

So if someone doesn't pay me what I think they owe me, I can taze em?

Got that 30 bucks you owe me? You'd better...

If you have a bunch of ignorant rednecks causing a scene and attacking people/animals, then yes they can taze your ***.

However I don't even think that Bundy got tazed.

The other thing is: he does owe the money, there's no disputing this.

We can agree the court says he does, If I hire someone for a service and they don't perform the service for me, I don't generally pay them for it.

It's only when its the government that agents show up to taze your supporters
Stop kicking dogs and maybe you won't get tazed...
You'd better let my dog attack you or else if you try and defend yourself I'll taze you!
When did a dog attack anyone here?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 13:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't want to talk about the facts of the case, so he just latches on to irrelevant details in an effort to look ontopic, standard operating procedure!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 13:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

You know what are scarier than militia nuts, who stockpile guns and don't really bother anyone while they do? Overzealous federal agents who can't manage their superiority complex.
In no way this department/these workers could be considered overly zealous, they've given this rancher way more than enough leniency, he's been given more than enough time to comply with the court order it's about time they arrest him for contempt of court and seize his assets for the debt he owes.

Or are you going to sit here and also argue that this hasn't already been to court and decided already?

If you have a bunch of ignorant rednecks causing a scene and attacking people/animals, then yes they can taze your ***.

We can agree the court says he does, If I hire someone for a service and they don't perform the service for me, I don't generally pay them for it.

You'd better let my dog attack you or else if you try and defend yourself I'll taze you!
Nice try. Except the dog wasn't attacking anyone. The dog was attacked, and the handler still kept it from doing more damage than a tazer. After all, when provoked, even K9 units will latch on, and not let go until the target has been subdued - which could mean viciously biting and ripping flesh from your body.

Are we both watching the segment that begins ~1:03 where there's a guy in a blue shirt, and an officer points at him, thereby signaling the dog to attack him, for what looks like "walking forward"?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 13:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice try. Except the dog wasn't attacking anyone. The dog was attacked, and the handler still kept it from doing more damage than a tazer. After all, when provoked, even K9 units will latch on, and not let go until the target has been subdued - which could mean viciously biting and ripping flesh from your body.

Are we both watching the segment that begins ~1:03 where there's a guy in a blue shirt, and an officer points at him, thereby signaling the dog to attack him, for what looks like "walking forward"?
If you have even a modicum of knowledge about K9 units and procedures, pointing at someone does not signal a dog to attack anyone. Releasing the dog is the signal to attack. But let's ignore another fact. Oh, and let's ignore the menacing and threatening stance that was taken before taking a swing of the leg in the dog's direction.

Edit: Let's also forget the fact the man was pointing at said man, telling him to get back, and identifying him as a potential threat to the officer's safety and well being, and impeding and officer's duty to carry out a court order, which I believe is "Obstruction of Justice"
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-14 14:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Welfare queen? Pleebo, the pile of sh*t you have zero clue on grows bigger every day. When I exchange money for something I usually have input in what I get. Only with the government do I have pretty much zero say.

“I have no contract with the United States government,” Bundy said. “I was paying grazing fees for management and that’s what BLM was supposed to be, land managers and they were managing my ranch out of business, so I refused to pay.”

Looks like the BLM is pretty awful at what it does. So instead of addressing the problem, lets send in troops and taze some civilians. Good thing we all have cell phones and the ability to record the tyranny and abuse first hand.
He's right. He has no contract, which means that he has no entitlement to the land or resources he's been utilizing for the past 20 years. He's made what I understand to be a very decent living off of stealing government resources. Isn't that the same type of thing the right-wing likes to rail against when it comes to public assistance?

It's not mooching when a Real American™ does it!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 14:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have even a modicum of knowledge about K9 units and procedures, pointing at someone does not signal a dog to attack anyone. Releasing the dog is the signal to attack. But let's ignore another fact. Oh, and let's ignore the menacing and threatening stance that was taken before taking a swing of the leg in the dog's direction.

Edit: Let's also forget the fact the man was pointing at said man, telling him to get back, and identifying him as a potential threat to the officer's safety and well being, and impeding and officer's duty to carry out a court order, which I believe is "Obstruction of Justice"
Nope!

a) These officers are just disrupting a protest. The protest isn't preventing them from carrying out a court order.

b) I'm not really sure how you can decern what it is the officers are saying to the blue shirt man across the crowd and the noise, but the guy that eventually commands the dog to attack isn't even looking at him for the few seconds prior to the attack. He just turns around, extends his arm, screams something and the dog lunges at the guy in the blue shirt.

I can hear what I think is the other officer (pointing the tazer at him) telling him to move the ATV, which is wedged up against a truck. Unfortunately in order for the blue shirt man to do what the officer commands, so he must step towards the officer, as the officer is right next to the atv.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 14:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
He's right. He has no contract, which means that he has no entitlement to the land or resources he's been utilizing for the past 20 years. He's made what I understand to be a very decent living off of stealing government resources. Isn't that the same type of thing the right-wing likes to rail against when it comes to public assistance?

Spot on analysis there Pleebo.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 14:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope!

a) These officers are just disrupting a protest. The protest isn't preventing them from carrying out a court order.

b) I'm not really sure how you can decern what it is the officers are saying to the blue shirt man across the crowd and the noise, but the guy that eventually commands the dog to attack isn't even looking at him for the few seconds prior to the attack. He just turns around, extends his arm, screams something and the dog lunges at the guy in the blue shirt.

I can hear what I think is the other officer (pointing the tazer at him) telling him to move the ATV, which is wedged up against a truck. Unfortunately in order for the blue shirt man to do what the officer commands, so he must step towards the officer, as the officer is right next to the atv.

Last I checked, it's not legal to protest in the middle of a highway, or attack persons assisting in a court mandated round-up.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-14 14:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they come back with better weapons....
I mean it's 2014 where are the tear gas bombs? and the pepper spray foggers? and the rubber bullets? Six guys and two dogs? Really?

The douche that kicked the dog got tased like, three times. What lame *** brand of tasers are they using!? He was still standing!

I want to see people going down and flopping around like fish out of water! Did they buy their riot control gear second hand at the army surplus store? wtf!?

THANKS OBAMA!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 14:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Welfare queen? Pleebo, the pile of sh*t you have zero clue on grows bigger every day. When I exchange money for something I usually have input in what I get. Only with the government do I have pretty much zero say.

“I have no contract with the United States government,” Bundy said. “I was paying grazing fees for management and that’s what BLM was supposed to be, land managers and they were managing my ranch out of business, so I refused to pay.”

Looks like the BLM is pretty awful at what it does. So instead of addressing the problem, lets send in troops and taze some civilians. Good thing we all have cell phones and the ability to record the tyranny and abuse first hand.

Getting ripped off only occurs when a wealthy white man makes money off of a protected class I guess. Centralized powers in their benevolence must never be questioned....
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 14:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting ripped off only occurs when a wealthy white man makes money off of a protected class I guess. Centralized powers in their benevolence must never be questioned....

They were questioned, and the court had already answered, multiple times.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 14:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I hope they come back with better weapons....
I mean it's 2014 where are the tear gas bombs? and the pepper spray foggers? and the rubber bullets? Six guys and two dogs? Really?

The douche that kicked the dog got tased like, three times. What lame *** brand of tasers are they using!? He was still standing!

I want to see people going down and flopping around like fish out of water! Did they buy their riot control gear second hand at the army surplus store? wtf!?

THANKS OBAMA!
Ever since that incident in Vancouver, I think all police forces in North America have had to use weaker tasers, because it killed a distraught polish man, who couldn't speak English, and was looking for his mother.

That was police brutality, since there were no warnings to calm down or step back, or any signs at all of the RCMP holding it as a defensive measure.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 14:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope!

Last I checked, it's not legal to protest in the middle of a highway, or attack persons assisting in a court mandated round-up.
@Nausi. Let's ignore the fact we can clearly hear the voices of the officers involved to "step back", so they can be heard over the crowd. Let's also look at the fact you're making a supposition on your lack of knowledge on K9 units and procedures, or that the officer was responding to another officer. The man lunged forward, as evidenced in the video, kicked at the dog, and the dog attacked in retaliation to a threat. The officer then reigned in the dog, when, by all rights afforded to someone defending from an attacker, could have loosed him upon the man instead.

But then again, you have a habit of ignoring the facts when they don't suit your view, that when it utterly destroys any argument you're trying to make, you find ways to make irrelevant arguments, about facts, which are grossly misconstrued, as though your opinion is fact.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 14:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The wealthy white man! The most persecuted of all peoples!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 14:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope!

@Nausi. Let's ignore the fact we can clearly hear the voices of the officers involved to "step back", so they can be heard over the crowd. Let's also look at the fact you're making a supposition on your lack of knowledge on K9 units and procedures, or that the officer was responding to another officer. The man lunged forward, as evidenced in the video, kicked at the dog, and the dog attacked in retaliation to a threat. The officer then reigned in the dog, when, by all rights afforded to someone defending from an attacker, could have loosed him upon the man instead.

But then again, you have a habit of ignoring the facts when they don't suit your view, that when it utterly destroys any argument you're trying to make, you find ways to make irrelevant arguments, about facts, which are grossly misconstrued, as though your opinion is fact.

No you are misrepresenting the facts

The officer tells the man to move the ATV
The man walks towards the ATV in order to move the vehicle.
The officer turns around and sics the dog on him.
The man kicks the lunging dog and is tazed.

Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-14 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If the officer had sicced (seriously, learn to *** spell) the dog on him, that video would have been very, very different.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 14:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No you are misrepresenting the facts

The officer tells the man to move the ATV
The man walks towards the ATV in order to move the vehicle.
The officer turns around and sics the dog on him.
The man kicks the lunging dog and is tazed.

Man pulls up on ATV to block truck from leaving.

Officer walks up to man to tell him to move the ATV.

Man walks towards officer, chests up on officer.

Other officer holding K9 reaches arm out to create distance between the two men.

Dog lunges forward, officer holding dog's leash restrains dog.

Man kicks dog, Man is then tased.

sequence of events are easier to understand when you don't have blinders on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 14:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If the officer had sicced (seriously, learn to *** spell) the dog on him, that video would have been very, very different.

Aw... my horrible horrible spelling has been discovered.

You sure showed me.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-14 14:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't ever kick/mess with one of those dogs. Either they will go after you, or the officers assisting them will in their stead.

That, and what kind of "man" kicks a dog? Seriously.

Isn't it a felony to try to harm one / complete the act of harming one anyways? Like in they are considered an officer of the law as well?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-14 14:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people seriously think those men in uniform are BLM agents, represent the agency in any capacity, or are there on any authority of the BLM? Because it would be sad (well, sadder) if they do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Very true:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-14 15:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

you can really throw a drug dog off by trying to pet it.

It will become angry, & immediately try to kill you. super funny stuff. the officer in charge of said dog will get pissed, as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 15:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people seriously think those men in uniform are BLM agents, represent the agency in any capacity, or are there on any authority of the BLM? Because it would be sad (well, sadder) if they do.

They're *** park rangers, which technically qualifies them as a "Federal Agents", but the not the ones you think of when you hear the phrase "Federal Agent".

edit: That blue triangle patch is the BLM insignia. You can see it on their SUV's along with the words "Bureau of Land Management". But these guys in the video are not the same guys that were down by the fence so to speak, they had assault rifles and tactical gear.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-14 15:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Very true:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Did that dog seriously just yank that driver completely out of the moving van? That's nuts!
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-14 15:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
you can really throw a drug dog off by trying to pet it.

It will become angry, & immediately try to kill you. super funny stuff. the officer in charge of said dog will get pissed, as well.
It's essentially the same with Seeing Eye dogs, ones for helping the disabled, etc (except the aggressive part most times).

Those dogs are taught at an early age that work time is work time, and play / relax time is separate.

There's a reason why most dogs like that usually wear a "do NOT pet me" tag on them, or have their handlers start screaming at kids / adults if they try to pet them while they are trying to work. Most dogs will get aggravated by just petting because they aren't supposed to have it happen while they are "working".
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 15:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Isn't it a felony to try to harm one / complete the act of harming one anyways? Like in they are considered an officer of the law as well?

It varies by jurisdiction but it is more common than not that this is the case.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-14 15:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

That's what I thought, wasn't sure is it was on a Nationwide or State level for those laws.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I thought, wasn't sure is it was on a Nationwide or State level for those laws.

I can only assume this is the case on a Federal level that attacking a service dog is persecuted and treated nearly - if not completely - equal to attacking a federal agent.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 15:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only assume this is the case on a Federal level that attacking a service dog is persecuted and treated nearly - if not completely - equal to attacking a federal agent.
Unless its a complete overreach of federal powers. Then the situation just up and disappears and the Feds just go away, like they did today...
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 15:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless its a complete overreach of federal powers. Then the situation just up and disappears and the Feds just go away, like they did today...
Which it isn't, unless you have actual evidence to the contrary, if so then you need to contact Bundy's lawyers, you may get a reward.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12