Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
By fonewear 2014-04-14 12:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll quote John Lennon. "Love is the flower you've got to let grow."

Plus property laws.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 12:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Anyone point out that the fed response so far probably has a dollar value of well over twice whatever they think Bundy owes them?

Way to go feds! With management skills like that we should just let em manage all our wealth!

We will leave the guessing to you, not that the exact dollar figure changes anything at all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 12:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Anyone point out that the fed response so far probably has a dollar value of well over twice whatever they think Bundy owes them? Way to go feds! With management skills like that we should just let em manage all our wealth!
We will leave the guessing to you, not that the exact dollar figure changes anything at all.

I'm actually trying to figure out Nausi's point here. Because as far as I can tell, it's that if a law is being broken, but the cost of enforcing it is greater than the cost incurred by the offense, then they should leave the law unenforced.

That's some Fight Club level automobile-manufacturer-recall nonsense right there.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-14 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-14 12:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He kicked a dog. AWW HELL NAW
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 12:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
That's some Fight Club level automobile-manufacturer-recall nonsense right there.
I think you mean "Naus-sense".
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
He kicked a dog. AWW HELL NAW

That dog is considered to be an officer of the law, he can get 25 to life plus a tazing for that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 12:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I love how nothing in that video matches anything that those protesters are saying or doing, nor what the camera-man is saying or doing.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-14 12:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

God so many freaking idiots holding their cell phones up, yeah that'll protect you from tasers and dogs
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 12:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you could hear some of the shouts in the background blaming Obama, when Ronald Reagan signed executive order 12548.

Quote:
Executive Order 12548 -- Grazing Fees
February 14, 1986

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, and in order to provide for establishment of appropriate fees for the grazing of domestic livestock on public rangelands, it is ordered as follows:

Section 1. Determination of Fees. The Secretaries of Agriculture and the Interior are directed to exercise their authority, to the extent permitted by law under the various statutes they administer, to establish fees for domestic livestock grazing on the public rangelands which annually equals the $1.23 base established by the 1966 Western Livestock Grazing Survey multiplied by the result of the Forage Value Index (computed annually from data supplied by the Statistical Reporting Service) added to the Combined Index (Beef Cattle Price Index minus the Prices Paid Index) and divided by 100; provided, that the annual increase or decrease in such fee for any given year shall be limited to not more than plus or minus 25 percent of the previous year's fee, and provided further, that the fee shall not be less than $1.35 per animal unit month.

Sec. 2. Definitions. As used in this Order, the term:

(a) ``Public rangelands'' has the same meaning as in the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 (Public Law 95 - 514);

(b) ``Forage Value Index'' means the weighted average estimate of the annual rental charge per head per month for pasturing cattle on private rangelands in the 11 Western States (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and California) (computed by the Statistical Reporting Service from the June Enumerative Survey) divided by $3.65 and multiplied by 100;

(c) ``Beef Cattle Price Index'' means the weighted average annual selling price for beef cattle (excluding calves) in the 11 Western States (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and California) for November through October (computed by the Statistical Reporting Service) divided by $22.04 per hundred weight and multiplied by 100; and

(d) ``Prices Paid Index'' means the following selected components from the Statistical Reporting Service's Annual National Index of Prices Paid by Farmers for Goods and Services adjusted by the weights indicated in parentheses to reflect livestock production costs in the Western States: 1. Fuels and Energy (14.5); 2. Farm and Motor Supplies (12.0); 3. Autos and Trucks (4.5); 4. Tractors and Self-Propelled Machinery (4.5); 5. Other Machinery (12.0); 6. Building and Fencing Materials (14.5); 7. Interest (6.0); 8. Farm Wage Rates (14.0); 9. Farm Services (18.0).

Sec. 3. Any and all existing rules, practices, policies, and regulations relating to the administration of the formula for grazing fees in section 6(a) of the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 shall continue in full force and effect.

Sec. 4. This Order shall be effective immediately.

Ronald Reagan

The White House,

February 14, 1986.

[Filed with the Office of the Federal Register, 10:32 a.m., February 18, 1986]
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-14 12:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
God so many freaking idiots holding their cell phones up, yeah that'll protect you from tasers and dogs

everyone wants to be the next George Holliday.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
And why shouldn't it whenever a discussion of bad law, horrible political legislation or court overreach is brought up? '

Liberals that screamed HALIBURTON for ten years should be all up in arms over what Harry Reid is doing. This is what they call a deafening silence. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yeah so it's graft! Moveon! ...dot org.
Anyone point out that the fed response so far probably has a dollar value of well over twice whatever they think Bundy owes them?

Way to go feds! With management skills like that we should just let em manage all our wealth!
When all else fails, repeat lies until they become the truth.

Don't worry, Nausi. When the government takes everything this welfare queen owns, I'm sure they'll be able to cover your made up expense numbers.

Welfare queen? Pleebo, the pile of sh*t you have zero clue on grows bigger every day. When I exchange money for something I usually have input in what I get. Only with the government do I have pretty much zero say.

“I have no contract with the United States government,” Bundy said. “I was paying grazing fees for management and that’s what BLM was supposed to be, land managers and they were managing my ranch out of business, so I refused to pay.”

Looks like the BLM is pretty awful at what it does. So instead of addressing the problem, lets send in troops and taze some civilians. Good thing we all have cell phones and the ability to record the tyranny and abuse first hand.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 12:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad his opinion has no bearing on the law, Altima v2.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 12:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Only read the article and first couple pages of the thread, no time to get totally caught up atm, but:

Any time militia folks get involved, I fear for the worst.

The Second Amendment allows for a well regulated militia.

But let's be honest. There's nothing well-regulated about a bunch of rednecks who think they're all alpha males because they played quarterback in high school football 25 years ago.

Guys who have twenty years of pent-up aggression that they just can't get rid of by beating their wives and children anymore. Guys who are just sick of these women and gays and foreigners all thinking they've got as many rights as red-blooded, white American men.

Oh, and they've stocked up to the brim with as many high-powered firearms and munitions as they can get their hands on through legal/semi-legal means.

And now they think they're going to spearhead the next great American Revolution because some *** rancher feels he doesn't have to pay appropriate fees for his cattle?

Seriously. If you've never done it, Youtube some militia videos. They're frightening, but not for the reasons the posters intend.

You know what are scarier than militia nuts, who stockpile guns and don't really bother anyone while they do? Overzealous federal agents who can't manage their superiority complex.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 12:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Overzealous federal agents who can't manage their superiority complex.
But they are government workers, so it's ok.

At least it is while we have a president with a (D) next to their name. Have a president with a (R) and we should all be demanding his impeachment on a daily basis!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Too bad his opinion has no bearing on the law, Altima v2.
I wouldn't give him that much credit, he's just a neocon troll, Altima is at least honest in his delusions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, I keep forgetting.

If anyone disagrees with Jet, it obviously means that they are a neocon troll...

How can I ever forget that?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 13:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Oh right, I keep forgetting.

If anyone disagrees with Jet, it obviously means that they are a neocon troll...

How can I ever forget that?
Your statement cannot be logically derived from what I just said, but nice trolling there guy.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 13:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since neither of you neocons have said anything relevant or factual, looks like you are proving jet right.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 13:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what are scarier than militia nuts, who stockpile guns and don't really bother anyone while they do? Overzealous federal agents who can't manage their superiority complex.
In no way this department/these workers could be considered overly zealous, they've given this rancher way more than enough leniency, he's been given more than enough time to comply with the court order it's about time they arrest him for contempt of court and seize his assets for the debt he owes.

Or are you going to sit here and also argue that this hasn't already been to court and decided already?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 13:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Only read the article and first couple pages of the thread, no time to get totally caught up atm, but: Any time militia folks get involved, I fear for the worst. The Second Amendment allows for a well regulated militia. But let's be honest. There's nothing well-regulated about a bunch of rednecks who think they're all alpha males because they played quarterback in high school football 25 years ago. Guys who have twenty years of pent-up aggression that they just can't get rid of by beating their wives and children anymore. Guys who are just sick of these women and gays and foreigners all thinking they've got as many rights as red-blooded, white American men. Oh, and they've stocked up to the brim with as many high-powered firearms and munitions as they can get their hands on through legal/semi-legal means. And now they think they're going to spearhead the next great American Revolution because some *** rancher feels he doesn't have to pay appropriate fees for his cattle? Seriously. If you've never done it, Youtube some militia videos. They're frightening, but not for the reasons the posters intend.

Yeah. Not seeing the overzealousness here from anyone but militias coming from the surrounding area to try to defend someone's criminal actions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 13:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

In no way this department/these workers could be considered overly zealous, they've given this rancher way more than enough leniency, he's been given more than enough time to comply with the court order it's about time they arrest him for contempt of court and seize his assets for the debt he owes.

Or are you going to sit here and also argue that this hasn't already been to court and decided already?

So if someone doesn't pay me what I think they owe me, I can taze em?

Got that 30 bucks you owe me? You'd better...
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 13:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a bunch of ignorant rednecks causing a scene and attacking people/animals, then yes they can taze your ***.

However I don't even think that it was Bundy that got tazed.

The other thing is: he does owe the money, there's no disputing this.

edit: also trying to compare this to a personal dispute is outright ignorant.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 13:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a bunch of ignorant rednecks causing a scene and attacking people/animals, then yes they can taze your ***.

However I don't even think that Bundy got tazed.

We can agree the court says he does, If I hire someone for a service and they don't perform the service for me, I don't generally pay them for it.

It's only when its the government that agents show up to taze your supporters
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 13:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We can agree the court says he does, If I hire someone for a service and they don't perform the service for me, I don't generally pay them for it.

He didn't hire somebody for a service, he utilized a service that they didn't have to offer him and he refused to pay, and the courts have ordered him to pay, his refusal is contempt of court and now he's guilty of that as well.

They used defensive tazers to difuse a situation that was escalated by a bunch of morons. They had no business being there, and were obstructing traffic, also a crime. I'd have arrested them all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 13:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi the loanshark! I lent you $30 so you could donate to the protect traditional marriage fund and you spent it on nachos and booze then never paid me back!?! /taze

/taze
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 13:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop kicking dogs and maybe you won't get tazed...
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 13:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Except he doesn't owe the police money, he owes the federal government money.

Also, Bundy wasn't tazered, it was an aggressively threatening man, constantly puffing himself up to threaten officers of the law, who by court order, were there to perform their duty.

All of the officers shown in the video clearly show that they do not want to be there, dealing with aggressive and potentially violent protesters. You hear them repeatedly saying "Stand back" or "Get back" to anyone who gets close.

One officer tells a woman to back off of a K9 handler, because those dogs are very protective of their partner, and will bite and attack anyone who poses a threat. The protesters were swearing, telling them to "get out of our state!" and other prolific profanities, but let's ignore the facts, so we can listen to your complete and utter *** about your interpretation of what you *think* the law is, rather than what the law *actually* is, as has been explained several times.

It's been established that Bundy owes the government money for grazing fees - 20 years worth, which means, his family having resided on the land, and thus paying grazing fees for the use of that land, even when the BLM had been established prior - and so far the state and federal courts have agreed on the matter, he's simply chosen not to comply with the law.

Also, let's not forget the facts about how the only people calling for any impeachment of a President, happen to be the republican party and conservatives. Let's also ignore the facts about none of the courts siding with Bundy, or that every possible tenet of his refusal to abide by the law of the land, the state, and federal, have absolutely no ground whatsoever. Let's also ignore the fact that there was no excessive force (police brutality) used, that there were dozens of warnings, and even the drawing of a tazer, holding it, and not firing them, for several minutes.

I mean, it's pretty easy to delude yourself into thinking your view on something is a fact, when you ignore the actual facts.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 13:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

You'd better let my dog attack you or else if you try and defend yourself I'll taze you!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

You'd better let my dog attack you or else if you try and defend yourself I'll taze you!
Nice try. Except the dog wasn't attacking anyone. The dog was attacked, and the handler still kept it from doing more damage than a tazer. After all, when provoked, even K9 units will latch on, and not let go until the target has been subdued - which could mean viciously biting and ripping flesh from your body.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12