Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 01:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
No one is trolling, even you, who just keeps posting the same thing over and over again, are on topic.

And as for who says you are wrong, the courts say so, and while you might not recognize them, they still have complete authority over this case.
He's backwards. We don't trust the courts, at least I don't, not in the least. I trust the US Constitution, and by all accounts, it disagrees with him.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 01:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
From the Nevada constitution:
Quote:
Slavery prohibited; freedom of religious worship; disclaimer of public lands. [Effective until the date Congress consents to amendment or a legal determination is made that such consent is not necessary.]  In obedience to the requirements of an act of the Congress of the United States, approved March twenty-first, A.D. eighteen hundred and sixty-four, to enable the people of Nevada to form a constitution and state government, this convention, elected and convened in obedience to said enabling act, do ordain as follows, and this ordinance shall be irrevocable, without the consent of the United States and the people of the State of Nevada:
First. That there shall be in this state neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, otherwise than in the punishment for crimes, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.
Second. That perfect toleration of religious sentiment shall be secured, and no inhabitant of said state shall ever be molested, in person or property, on account of his or her mode of religious worship.
Third. That the people inhabiting said territory do agree and declare, that they forever disclaim all right and title to the unappropriated public lands lying within said territory, and that the same shall be and remain at the sole and entire disposition of the United States; and that lands belonging to citizens of the United States, residing without the said state, shall never be taxed higher than the land belonging to the residents thereof; and that no taxes shall be imposed by said state on lands or property therein belonging to, or which may hereafter be purchased by, the United States, unless otherwise provided by the congress of the United States.
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/const/nvconst.html
I CAN DO THIS FOREVER YO

I knew that Nevada ceded all claims to the public land to the US when it entered the union, I just didn't feel like going and looking up the specific clause that said that. So yeah, its still federal land. Well done Pleebo!
By Altimaomega 2014-04-14 01:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
When did I ever say anything about trusting the government? And why do crackpots like you always have to inject revolutionist sentiment when you're wrong?
It's funny that he thinks I like the courts, I just simply happen to agree with them in the ruling of this case. I don't know if I did or just forgot to as I meant to, but I'm not a fan of the courts ruling on the constitutionality of things as they gave themselves the power to, it wasn't granted to them, but that really has nothing to do with this case. This case was ruled on by and to the letter of the law, pick which clause you want, each one favors on the side of the Feds in this case.

It's not our fault you're too inept to know how to read.

But yet you support the ACA.. /clap
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 01:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is trolling, even you, who just keeps posting the same thing over and over again, are on topic.

And as for who says you are wrong, the courts say so, and while you might not recognize them, they still have complete authority over this case.
He's backwards. We don't trust the courts, at least I don't, not in the least. I trust the US Constitution, and by all accounts, it disagrees with him.

I don't lump "the courts" all together, there are some that I trust, some that I don't. I prefer independent arbitrators.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 01:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
When did I ever say anything about trusting the government? And why do crackpots like you always have to inject revolutionist sentiment when you're wrong?
It's funny that he thinks I like the courts, I just simply happen to agree with them in the ruling of this case. I don't know if I did or just forgot to as I meant to, but I'm not a fan of the courts ruling on the constitutionality of things as they gave themselves the power to, it wasn't granted to them, but that really has nothing to do with this case. This case was ruled on by and to the letter of the law, pick which clause you want, each one favors on the side of the Feds in this case.

It's not our fault you're too inept to know how to read.

lol, says who?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 01:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't lump "the courts" all together, there are some that I trust, some that I don't. I prefer independent arbitrators.
fair enough, at least at the low courts, I don't and the supreme I don't, but meh.

I've only met one or two judges to be fair/apply the actual letter of the law. Edit: I don't make a habit of reading court cases though, to be fair.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-14 01:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that related to the Bundy case, do tell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 01:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And wasn't Obamacare made from the highly successful model of Romneycare?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 01:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is clearly all just a ploy by Jeb Bush to rig the 2016 elections in his favor by increasing the price of beef and dairy products by sparking a rancher revolution (RR Debacle of 2014). He'll make Obama, and Democrats in general, look like *** who caused us all to go without McDonalds and Fruity Pebbles, possibly for as long as a fortnight.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 01:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This is clearly all just a ploy by Jeb Bush to rig the 2016 elections in his favor by increasing the price of beef and dairy products by sparking a rancher revolution (RR Debacle of 2014). He'll make Obama, and Democrats in general, look like *** who caused us all to go without McDonalds and Fruity Pebbles, possibly for as long as a fortnight.
Oh man, I haven't had my pebbles in a long time, long time.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-14 01:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Barney! My Fruity Pebbles!

or more pleasantly...

Barney! My Cocoa Pebbles!
By Jetackuu 2014-04-14 01:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Barney! My Fruity Pebbles!

or more pleasantly...

Barney! My Cocoa Pebbles!
not a fan of chocolate...

Fruity all the way!
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-04-14 06:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking Obamacare is going to become the new Godwin's Law... On these forums at least.

Also cocoa pebbles > fruity.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-14 06:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And why shouldn't it whenever a discussion of bad law, horrible political legislation or court overreach is brought up? '

Liberals that screamed HALIBURTON for ten years should be all up in arms over what Harry Reid is doing. This is what they call a deafening silence. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yeah so it's graft! Moveon! ...dot org.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-14 07:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lets say just for laughs that they are even remotely comparable... clean energy vs. war infrastructure... ya, I'm totally mad about the solar farm...
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-14 07:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all fun and games until the mob sees a troupe of APC's coming after them.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I'm late! where is the cheer leading section against the incompetent over-bearing government?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-04-14 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
It's all fun and games until the mob sees a troupe of APC's coming after them.

My first though was a bunch of surge protectors chasing a mob down the road whipping them with their power cables... APC is also a brand of surge protectors and battery back ups. I like this idea better.

Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-14 09:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Sorry I'm late! where is the cheer leading section against the incompetent over-bearing government?

they're in a meeting about food labels...

I have been enjoying the footage of people getting tased...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-14 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone point out that the fed response so far probably has a dollar value of well over twice whatever they think Bundy owes them?

Way to go feds! With management skills like that we should just let em manage all our wealth!
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-14 10:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone point out that the fed response so far probably has a dollar value of well over twice whatever they think Bundy owes them?

Way to go feds! With management skills like that we should just let em manage all our wealth!

he owes over a million dollars... how much has the government spent?

I think the next move will be to issue traffic tickets to the cows for jay walking... and see how that pans out.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 11:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Only read the article and first couple pages of the thread, no time to get totally caught up atm, but:

Any time militia folks get involved, I fear for the worst.

The Second Amendment allows for a well regulated militia.

But let's be honest. There's nothing well-regulated about a bunch of rednecks who think they're all alpha males because they played quarterback in high school football 25 years ago.

Guys who have twenty years of pent-up aggression that they just can't get rid of by beating their wives and children anymore. Guys who are just sick of these women and gays and foreigners all thinking they've got as many rights as red-blooded, white American men.

Oh, and they've stocked up to the brim with as many high-powered firearms and munitions as they can get their hands on through legal/semi-legal means.

And now they think they're going to spearhead the next great American Revolution because some *** rancher feels he doesn't have to pay appropriate fees for his cattle?

Seriously. If you've never done it, Youtube some militia videos. They're frightening, but not for the reasons the posters intend.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 11:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Only read the article and first couple pages of the thread, no time to get totally caught up atm, but:

Any time militia folks get involved, I fear for the worst.

The Second Amendment allows for a well regulated militia.

But let's be honest. There's nothing well-regulated about a bunch of rednecks who think they're all alpha males because they played quarterback in high school football 25 years ago.

Guys who have twenty years of pent-up aggression that they just can't get rid of by beating their wives and children anymore. Guys who are just sick of these women and gays and foreigners all thinking they've got as many rights as red-blooded, white American men.

Oh, and they've stocked up to the brim with as many high-powered firearms and munitions as they can get their hands on through legal/semi-legal means.

And now they think they're going to spearhead the next great American Revolution because some *** rancher feels he doesn't have to pay appropriate fees for his cattle?

Seriously. If you've never done it, Youtube some militia videos. They're frightening, but not for the reasons the posters intend.
Holy Stereotype Post Batman!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 11:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Only read the article and first couple pages of the thread, no time to get totally caught up atm, but: Any time militia folks get involved, I fear for the worst. The Second Amendment allows for a well regulated militia. But let's be honest. There's nothing well-regulated about a bunch of rednecks who think they're all alpha males because they played quarterback in high school football 25 years ago. Guys who have twenty years of pent-up aggression that they just can't get rid of by beating their wives and children anymore. Guys who are just sick of these women and gays and foreigners all thinking they've got as many rights as red-blooded, white American men. Oh, and they've stocked up to the brim with as many high-powered firearms and munitions as they can get their hands on through legal/semi-legal means. And now they think they're going to spearhead the next great American Revolution because some *** rancher feels he doesn't have to pay appropriate fees for his cattle? Seriously. If you've never done it, Youtube some militia videos. They're frightening, but not for the reasons the posters intend.

I've seen and dealt with these people.

There are stereotypes in the above post.

Maybe not everyone involved in militias is as described, but I would virtually guarantee you every militia has people in it as described.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 11:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Only read the article and first couple pages of the thread, no time to get totally caught up atm, but: Any time militia folks get involved, I fear for the worst. The Second Amendment allows for a well regulated militia. But let's be honest. There's nothing well-regulated about a bunch of rednecks who think they're all alpha males because they played quarterback in high school football 25 years ago. Guys who have twenty years of pent-up aggression that they just can't get rid of by beating their wives and children anymore. Guys who are just sick of these women and gays and foreigners all thinking they've got as many rights as red-blooded, white American men. Oh, and they've stocked up to the brim with as many high-powered firearms and munitions as they can get their hands on through legal/semi-legal means. And now they think they're going to spearhead the next great American Revolution because some *** rancher feels he doesn't have to pay appropriate fees for his cattle? Seriously. If you've never done it, Youtube some militia videos. They're frightening, but not for the reasons the posters intend.

I've seen and dealt with these people.

There are stereotypes in the above post.

Maybe not everyone involved in militias is as described, but I would virtually guarantee you every militia has people in it as described.
You are more than likely correct.

But you can pretty much describe every group of people then with the above statement. Because every single mob out there, there is one idiot there to create chaos.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 11:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's totally not but coincidentally Selebius resigned on Friday and you didn't hear much about it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-14 11:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen and dealt with these people. There are stereotypes in the above post. Maybe not everyone involved in militias is as described, but I would virtually guarantee you every militia has people in it as described.
You are more than likely correct. But you can pretty much describe every group of people then with the above statement. Because every single mob out there, there is one idiot there to create chaos.

Admittedly personal/local/regional bias on this one.

I'm very pro-Second Amendment in theory.

In practice, I worry about the people actively seeking to exercise their Constitutional rights.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 11:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly personal/local/regional bias on this one.

I'm very pro-Second Amendment in theory.

In practice, I worry about the people actively seeking to exercise their Constitutional rights.

Same people talk about how things like the issue with Bundy goes against the ideas of the "Founding Fathers" while completely ignoring things such as the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791-94'.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-14 11:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
And why shouldn't it whenever a discussion of bad law, horrible political legislation or court overreach is brought up? '

Liberals that screamed HALIBURTON for ten years should be all up in arms over what Harry Reid is doing. This is what they call a deafening silence. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yeah so it's graft! Moveon! ...dot org.

When all else fails, repeat lies until they become the truth.

Don't worry, Nausi. When the government takes everything this welfare queen owns, I'm sure they'll be able to cover your made up expense numbers.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-14 12:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

pleebo quoting Lenin, you dirty commy.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12