Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean nerfed in the sense its just button mashing lol please try to understand, this is final fantasy not an arcade game.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-24 12:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SamuraiCloud27 said: »
I dont understand at all its a bad thing, you'l just be literally button mashing with no thought of timing, im not sure if youv even tried beta but seriously it really unbalanced and nerfs down difficulty by a lot, all you will need is gear and 1 healer and button mashing.... i wouldnt just be saying this as a tester if i didnt think it was a problem trust me.

The early dungeons was to get players to ease up to this mode of play, aka grouping. The bosses are not straight forward zerg kill either like WoW but there is a method you need to perform to defeat it. It was meant to be easier but gradually progressing to be difficult, and will get insane in the end game raid dungeon at lvl 50. Basically if you are seasoned players of FFXI or WoW, then the early levels of FF14 would be quite easy. FF14 is designed to capture the bigger portion of casual players.

Yoshi stated this is his two main goals:
- I want to target MMORPG gamers as much as possible
- I want to acquire as many new players as possible
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 12:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean nerfed in the sense its just button mashing lol please try to understand, this is final fantasy not an arcade game.
Quite frankly, I don't understand. I've been button mashing in XI for years. Enter, (or Tab to target), Enter to engage, wait a few seconds, macro, macro, macro, wait a few seconds, macro, macro, etc. It's the same thing, just on a much more rapid scale. As I said before, there is depth in the combat. If you choose to ignore it, I'm sure you won't survive in end-game.
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »
because 1. the current battle system just spam buttons while giving no thought except what comes net in the combo while sliding around the enemy... people are asking for more depth to the combat, this will give it, you did notice we have animation lock in FFXI? Do you think it would look nice to see me tachi: shoha spam while circling an enemy contiuously?
Guess you've never heard of ja0wait ;D

There is no JA cooldown, its on a global cooldown of 2.5 seconds...
I'll take that as a no. It's a third party tool for XI which removes the locking caused by JAs. So yeah, people have been trying to get away from that for a while now.

for what reason? as a way to kite while attacking? because that sounds like your just making a fight easier than its meant to be
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont ignore depth if its there but a few people were saying higher lv doesnt seem different yet, will see i do want this to suceed you know lol
By Kimble2013 2013-06-24 12:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont ignore depth if its there but a few people were saying higher lv doesnt seem different yet, will see i do want this to suceed you know lol

You clearly don't understand that this is a beta and fights are scaled down in order to beta test.
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also sorry for posting so many but if notice aswel i said in pvp archers will be literally invincable with no way for melee to attack if they just run away spamming attacks.
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-06-24 12:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

because 1. the current battle system just spam buttons while giving no thought except what comes net in the combo while sliding around the enemy... people are asking for more depth to the combat, this will give it, you did notice we have animation lock in FFXI? Do you think it would look nice to see me tachi: shoha spam while circling an enemy contiuously?
Guess you've never heard of ja0wait ;D

There is no JA cooldown, its on a global cooldown of 2.5 seconds...
I'll take that as a no. It's a third party tool for XI which removes the locking caused by JAs. So yeah, people have been trying to get away from that for a while now.

for what reason? as a way to kite while attacking? because that sounds like your just making a fight easier than its meant to be
Honestly didn't make most things easier, just made it less annoying. Why would you want to be unable to do anything for a 3 second long WS animation... even after the mob is dead? Or use flee and have to stop to go faster, and so on. Only things it really gave an advantage to while doing were things like NNI.

Also, you can't even kite with it, mobs' positioning in XI is broke. You can be 20 yalms away and still get hit by melee/tp moves.
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fine, people and myself will just have to wait and see then maybe you'l understand or I will see this depth.
By Kimble2013 2013-06-24 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, im in beta.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 12:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, Halatali's second boss caught my group by surprise by actually electrifying the water in the arena we were standing in and making us take 100~/tic.
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »

You clearly don't understand that this is a beta and fights are scaled down in order to beta test.

Just to finish I fully understand this and that even if it was a harder hitting boss we'l still be doing button mashing, I would rather have to think before I do an attack. Maybe the weapon skills and abilities will change that but theres no sense in danger other than i hope that whm is spamming heals while i spin around this boss. Idk i love the game other than this unbalance I'l still get it but really just gotta ait and see how it goes.
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-24 12:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the game so far ^_^
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2013-06-24 12:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phase 3 ends after this weekend or?
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-06-24 13:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

depends if week 3 goes smoothly
if not then we will have a week4

then off a few weeeks before phase 4 starts wich will end within w few days of game going live according to Yoshi at e3
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 13:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Phase 3 ends after this weekend or?
Think we have two more weeks at least, if all goes well. Sec...

EDIT: Yeah, this week with be testing of the Duty Finder system and stress testing for it and then Week 4 will be making sure everything from Phase 3 is copacetic and working.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-24 13:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Or use flee and have to stop to go faster
Ngh hate hate hate
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-24 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Phase 3 Outline

Thank you for participating in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are pleased to announce that beta test phase 3 will begin June 14, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / June 14, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 (GMT). Phase 3 will include the long-awaited introduction of the PlayStation 3 version, as well as the city-states of Limsa Lominsa and Ul'dah. There will also be new FATE and dungeons, changes to the battle system, and a number of adjustments based on player feedback from phase 1 and 2.

Testing for phase 3 will be conducted according to the following schedule:

Test 1 - June 14, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / June 14, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 (GMT)
Large-scale checks of core PlayStation 3 functions
Operation of multiple data centers
Checks for stability in light of increased content
Checks for increased server load due to battle system revisions

In addition to the establishment of regional data centers and the above test objectives, the first phase 3 test will place emphasis on world stability and functionality on the PlayStation 3.

Critical issues reported by players will be addressed immediately, or by the start of the second phase 3 test at the latest.

Test 2 - Schedule TBA
Transfer of character data from Version 1.0

Once the PlayStation 3 version has been confirmed stable in the course of Test 1, we will move on to Test 2 which will include character data transfers and the addition of worlds from Version 1.0.

Test 3 - Schedule TBA
Test of the Duty Finder player matching system

If there are no major problems with the transfer of character data from Version 1.0, all subsequent tests will include the Duty Finder. Although limited in functionality, large scale stress tests of the matching system will be conducted.

Final Test - Schedule TBA

Once all key objectives for beta test phase 3 are complete, a final test of the game engine will be conducted to ensure server stability. During this test, worlds are scheduled to remain online for several days.

Final adjustments in preparation for release will be made during beta test phase 3, and your feedback will be invaluable as we conduct the tests outlined above.

Certain circumstances may necessitate the change of test objectives and scheduling. Should any schedule changes be necessary, an announcement will be made.

We thank you for your participation in the beta test, and hope you enjoy the experience!

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/37407-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Beta-Test-Phase-3-Outline
By Enuyasha 2013-06-24 17:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also sorry for posting so many but if notice aswel i said in pvp archers will be literally invincable with no way for melee to attack if they just run away spamming attacks.
just to Clarify, if you go as a Job you will lose, if you go as a class you can atleast spam thunder from range while mitigating damage as GLA. The only real thing ARC has on you at that point is being able to spam damage AND DoTs while being out of range of your auto attacks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-24 19:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This was briefly talked about a few pages back, so I'm late. However what was said was incorrect, so to rectify; I believe raise can be cast on party members during battle, although not initially.

A trait is unlocked somewhere in the level 20's, "Enhance Raise" that enables party members to be raised in battle.
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-24 19:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
This was briefly talked about a few pages back, so I'm late. However what was said was incorrect, so to rectify; I believe raise can be cast on party members during battle, although not initially.

A trait is unlocked somewhere in the level 20's, "Enhance Raise" that enables party members to be raised in battle.
Cool! Didn't know that, when I was trying to cast the first raise during battle I was lvl 18 in mines, didn't look at all the passive traits :3
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-06-24 20:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In all fairness who would think there'd be a restriction on raising in battle much less a need for a trait to allow for it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-06-24 20:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
In all fairness who would think there'd be a restriction on raising in battle much less a need for a trait to allow for it.

Most MMOs have a restriction on raising in battle so zombieing etc isn't possible, and instead you must "conserve" your members.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-24 21:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

Most MMOs have a restriction on raising in battle so zombieing etc isn't possible Yahoo news doesn't report on your 20 hour PW battle, and instead you must "conserve" your members.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-24 21:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

Most MMOs have a restriction on raising in battle so zombieing etc isn't possible Yahoo news doesn't report on your 20 hour PW battle, and instead you must "conserve" your members.
well, no reraise methods in the game also means you ant supar zombeh ifrit anyway :<
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-24 21:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
well, no reraise methods in the game also means you ant supar zombeh ifrit anyway :<

Why does nobody ever attack the Gyres?
By arhat 2013-06-24 23:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Yeah, it's level 28. It's also a really bad idea I think but it's implemented much better than in FFXI. Traits can not be used by other jobs, only select abilities. So on top of only being castable by Conjurers (And White Mages probably) it costs about 20% of your mana. And unlike in XI where last I played, catching up was a couple Cure casts because of the ridiculous potency of heals even at the 90 cap stage of the game, catching up on someone who is low on health is considerably harder.

I also haven't reached that level though because I was trying out other aspects of the game. For all we know, there could be unlisted rules to raising in battle, for example, WoW where there's a limit on battle raising depending on your difficulty. For all we know, unless someone here has tried, raising in battle might incur a cooldown not listed on the tooltip.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-06-25 01:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

PSN just sent me a beta registration and PSN code for the beta XD.

SE had already emailed me the code the day of the beta so I has an extra code.

Well had I played eenie meenie minie moe and gave it to a random on my list :D
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-25 03:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of what I was saying yesterday I'm really looking forward to Official Release now :3 lol I was up 24 hours and in the middle of Salvage so I wasnt really thinking. Also I was just letting out my paranoid concerns of balance but after reading the epic post for the 5th time from Yoshi-P I'm convinced this is going to go extremely well by end-game, its even added in there, there will be content difficulty similar to 1.0 which was apparently quite challenging. Anyway the main concern I had was about the sliding looking wrong and they said theyr gonna fix that anyway (pretty sure by not locking :p yay) I just kept ignoring that for some reason :s. Looking forward to next Beta Phase!!! :D
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-25 04:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if anybody gets an extra ps3 beta key i would love to try it out D: planned on preordering/getting the ps3 version when it comes out, but i might not depending on how well it plays D:

i still cannot believe i didn't get a ps3 key.. i even had the friggen code from ff13....

sad panda :/
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23