New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23
By Quiznor 2013-06-15 09:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shiriokumo said: »
ps3 version seems better to me. i have bother and spent 5 hours on them each so far. and playing with a controller seems a hell of alot easier and the HUD seems better to navigate to me.

You can use the ps3 controller layout with the pc version iirc. So on top of better graphics,resolution and performance,you can get the input of your choice if you have a decent pc

Edit: meant to quote the last 2 posts,not just one. Damn phone
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-15 10:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How long it lasting for?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 10:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont like how its like every other MMO for the first 15 levels. Quest and grind.. IMO they screwed the beginning up for me. If i wanted WoW id play it
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-15 10:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't want an MMO to be quests and grinding? rofl, like what even is that.

You're quite free to go straight to the hot springs and remove all the cloths off your mithra, you know.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-15 10:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"I played it for the first few levels and think I can make an assumption about the entire game."
You going to complain about the grass not looking realistic enough or galkas not having enough beard options now?
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-15 11:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still tryna get an EU code PM me :(
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-15 11:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone who is playing Beta now, what do you think? Is the market system different from 1.0, does it work more like an auction house? How are you liking the jobs?

/wantsmoreinfo :)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-15 11:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently direct x 11 support is going to be out sometime next year "around the time PS4 is ready for launch". is what Yoshida said during the E3 Q/A. He also said it is going to make a really big difference in terms of what they can do graphically to the game.

>.>; can't *** wait lol. (game already looks fantastic)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-15 11:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote='Bahamut.Kara' pid=2381550]Everyone who is playing Beta now, what do you think? Is the market system different from 1.0, does it work more like an auction house? How are you liking the jobs?

/wantsmoreinfo :)[/quote]

Pretty sure the Auction house isn't in the beta at the moment. Don't really know the difference between 1.0 since I didn't play that, but the game as it is fairly brilliant. Fun and addictive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 11:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

You're quite free to go straight to the hot springs and remove all the cloths off your mithra, you know.

You realize 11 isnt like that right?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 11:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
"I played it for the first few levels and think I can make an assumption about the entire game."
You going to complain about the grass not looking realistic enough or galkas not having enough beard options now?
I have a 50 from the original game and i liked that far better
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 11:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Everyone who is playing Beta now, what do you think? Is the market system different from 1.0, does it work more like an auction house? How are you liking the jobs?

/wantsmoreinfo :)
I have a extra pc code if you want it can PM me. But you can manually search from the board it seems. I didnt bother to mess with it much
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kipupu
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kipupu
By Lakshmi.Kipupu 2013-06-15 11:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping to get an invite for the pc beta, but i was not picked for this one. I am looking forward to this game very much.
 Garuda.Finuve
Server: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2013-06-15 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
I have a 50 from the original game and i liked that far better
same
By DracoFox 2013-06-15 11:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a NA PC or PS3 code if there is someone nice out there to hand it out to me. Else wise, I hope that everyone is enjoying the beta. ^-^
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt like that you had to be around 15 to unlock leves guildhest and the inn honestly. I enjoyed actualy killing stuff to level instead of doing hundreds of quests. While some are fun the game just feels like Rift. Fate's are rifts pretty much and millions of quests but hey whatever. Im sure eventually it will branch in the main game but i just hate how it started :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-15 12:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote='Bismarck.Xzeikx' pid=2381578][quote='Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai' pid=2381541]You didn't want an MMO to be quests and grinding? rofl, like what even is that.

You're quite free to go straight to the hot springs and remove all the cloths off your mithra, you know.[/quote]

You realize 11 isnt like that right?[/quote]

Don't really know what you mean, in 11 you'd be grinding levels as well. The reason you didn't spam quests in 11 is because they f'in sucked, no xp, extremely minimal quest guidance, and in most cases, mediocre rewards.

In 14 quests are easy as ***, very nice guidance, most cases a healthy xp reward as well as loot.

Additionally, once you can access dungeons, around 15 I think? you can pretty much stop going quest-crazy for xp alone, since dungeons give boat loads of xp, fairly fun, and nice loot to boot.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 12:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

You realize 11 isnt like that right?

Don't really know what you mean, in 11 you'd be grinding levels as well. The reason you didn't spam quests in 11 is because they f'in sucked, no xp, extremely minimal quest guidance, and in most cases, mediocre rewards.

In 14 quests are easy as ***, very nice guidance, most cases a healthy xp reward as well as loot.

Additionally, once you can access dungeons, around 15 I think? you can pretty much stop going quest-crazy for xp alone, since dungeons give boat loads of xp, fairly fun, and nice loot to boot.

I cant seem to find the pre quest for tam tara to do that but yea i know it gives good xp but i like the old type of xp pty type of thing which it wil be a bit before people do those due to learnign the game camps etc
 Fenrir.Cobblers
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2013-06-15 12:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Very impressed so far. Enjoying ps3 controller suprisingly fast to get to grips with.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-06-15 12:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the beta is very fun and enjoyable. i must say, im quite surprised.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-06-15 12:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Apparently direct x 11 support is going to be out sometime next year "around the time PS4 is ready for launch". is what Yoshida said during the E3 Q/A. He also said it is going to make a really big difference in terms of what they can do graphically to the game.

>.>; can't *** wait lol. (game already looks fantastic)

Yeah the basic technology differences between DX9 and 11 will bring massive graphical upgrades,sad it's been pushed back from "slightly after release" though :(
 Fenrir.Viskral
user: Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-06-15 12:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When can you use the airship or the boat even?
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-15 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Viskral said: »
Got it after beating that Duty, Honor, Country quest in Ul'dah in the following CS quests.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-15 13:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My sister got the beta email yesterday and made an account on midgard. I still don't have an invite so while she's at work she said I could play with it. I watched her play alot yesterday and it gave me all sorts of ff11 feels. I did the first 14 beta and this one looks alot better..mainly we dont get kicked off the server every 5seconds.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-06-15 13:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it after beating Call of Duty: Ul'dah in the following CS quests.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-15 13:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Got it after beating Call of Duty: Ul'dah in the following CS quests.
Tonight... you.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-15 19:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It says on XivStatus, that Phase 3 Part 1 finished in about 8 hours~ Is that our chars wiped already?
 Bismarck.Yamisam
user: Yamisam
By Bismarck.Yamisam 2013-06-15 19:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think so. From what everyone on Gilgamesh was saying,our characters won't be wiped until phase 3 is completely over.
By Quiznor 2013-06-15 20:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yamisam said: »
Don't think so. From what everyone on Gilgamesh was saying,our characters won't be wiped until phase 3 is completely over.

thats right,characters shouldnt be wiped (pending some massive game-wide issue) until the phase completely ends
By Kimble2013 2013-06-15 22:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have an extra beta key my girlfriend can use? ;/
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23