New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-25 04:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
if anybody gets an extra ps3 beta key i would love to try it out D: planned on preordering/getting the ps3 version when it comes out, but i might not depending on how well it plays D:

i still cannot believe i didn't get a ps3 key.. i even had the friggen code from ff13....

sad panda :/

The PS3 version works incredible well, also I too didnt get a beta Key the 1st week after using the FFXIII Promotion Code but I sent SE Support an e-mail under FFXIV registration code I think it was? (Also entered the Promotion Code withing the field of registration key) Asking how they send out keys wheter I was meant to recieve one or its randomly throughout the weeks. They replied saying sorry for the inconvienience, since you are confirmed to be a member or something like that, here is your key. Try it out it should work, I will hope that it does.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-06-25 04:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I got another PS3 beta code on my secondary account also...time to let a new person into the beta.

Seriously hate walking people through registrating and setting up SE accounts -.-.
 Siren.Nalim
Server: Siren
user: Wizzy
By Siren.Nalim 2013-06-25 05:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Still havent received a code for PS3 meh. Guess it ll be another 2 months of waiting.
By Fyyvoaa 2013-06-25 07:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Fmaxgluttony said: »
Well I got another PS3 beta code on my secondary account also...time to let a new person into the beta.

Seriously hate walking people through registrating and setting up SE accounts -.-.

-_- i'm still waiting for mine ... and everyone else is getting like 3-4 keys lol.

If you haven't given it up yet... what are you wanting for it? I know how to set it up and all :p
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-25 10:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was posted before

Quote:
AAAAAANYWAY...

In other news, Yoshi-P made an exciting announcement at the IR conference held immediately after today's annual Square Enix stock holders' meeting. Supposedly, the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test registration numbers have hit...920!

I mean...

920 THOUSAND!

(In my coolest Hollywood voice with explosions going off in the background--) "We're gonna need more servers."

Next up, one......BILLION!

Okay, maybe 1 million first.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-25 10:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-25 10:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Quote:
Wait...
Could it just be Project Manager M playing with dev tools?

WE MAY NEVER KNOW!
(Okay, we do know. It was just Project Manager M playing with the dev tools)

AAAAAANYWAY...

In other news, Yoshi-P made an exciting announcement at the IR conference held immediately after today's annual Square Enix stock holders' meeting. Supposedly, the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test registration numbers have hit...920!
That was the Devs trolling though. :P
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-25 11:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Never said it wasn't
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-25 16:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Sylph.Knala said: »
In all fairness who would think there'd be a restriction on raising in battle much less a need for a trait to allow for it.

Most MMOs have a restriction on raising in battle so zombieing etc isn't possible, and instead you must "conserve" your members.
out of the few games I have played:
RO didn't have it.
PW (both TW or PWI) didn't have it.
ESO didn't have it.
Dragon Raja didn't have it.
N-Age didn't have it.
Lineage I didn't have it.
StoneAge didn't have it.
Talesweaver didn't have it.

Must be a new MMO thing I guess. :3

Edit to add more: and from my experience when I was working at a webcafe and test many games over the years @ when MMO bloomed... most KMMORPG doesn't have weakened or raise restriction, never touched UO or EQ(both not available in HK) so i can't say if it's a huge thing, for western MMORPGs anyway. :/
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-06-25 16:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »
Valefor.Fmaxgluttony said: »

-_- i'm still waiting for mine ... and everyone else is getting like 3-4 keys lol.

If you haven't given it up yet... what are you wanting for it? I know how to set it up and all :p

Sorry I just give it away at random I honestly don't care if they use it or not. Once I send the info I delete the message.
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-06-25 17:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to the whole in combat raising thing. If you didn't want a monster to last 20 hours you add a despawn mechanic or super rage mode wow style. (where it becomes impossible to survive period once a time limit has been exceeded)
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-26 17:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because someone asked recently about the number of players actually participating in the beta, they announced they had around 920,000 players registered on the beta servers the past weekend test.

Dur, someone had posted the quote from the blog on this page... Sorry for the bump :x
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2013-06-27 13:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Applied like a week ago and got 2 more keys. SE must love me.
 Leviathan.Bnoonu
Server: Leviathan
user: Bnoonu
By Leviathan.Bnoonu 2013-06-27 13:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait for the weekend. I'm so tired of leveling up cooking.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-27 14:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

if anybody get's a spare key for ps3, and could pm it to me, I will shower them with <3's! (if it works)
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-27 23:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Juicy reading here, found out more straight from Yoshi P interview:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/the-final-fantasy-xiv-director-talks-business-gameplay-and-doing-away-with-the-final-fantasy-logo-interview/

Yoshida: Because I wasn’t on the team when that decision was made, I’m going to guess why, from what I’ve heard. What I believe is that, back then, they probably thought that a lot of the Final Fantasy XI users would move to Final Fantasy XIV when it was released. But because what they were making was a new game in Final Fantasy XIV, they didn’t want to make them exactly the same. Then it would just be Final Fantasy XI-2, and they didn’t want to make a Final Fantasy XI-2. But they wanted to make it easier for those people who had been playing Final Fantasy XI for such a long time to take a step into this new world by creating things that were similar, but different and unique to the Final Fantasy XIV world. Again, that’s just my guess.

But then again, that lets us see one of the biggest things that was wrong with the original release of Final Fantasy XIV. If they wanted to make it—they should have taken it and made it into Final Fantasy XI-2. Take Final Fantasy XI and make a sequel with new types of systems and new graphics, but build it off of that foundation. Instead of doing that, they decided they wanted to do something new, but still use some of the things from XI. Again, instead of taking one thing and taking it to the next level, they just kept everything kind of in the middle. Nothing was exceptional. That’s why you get this quagmire that was the original release of Final Fantasy XIV. There were a lot of great things that came out of XI, a lot of revolutionary things, like the level sync system. But the fact is, when they made the original Final Fantasy XIV, they made it with a server system that wouldn’t allow level sync. You have this great system you developed. Why not have your new game also use that?
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-28 00:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And another interview why FF14 will work as subscription and F2P not needed. His answer may also solve the mystery why FFXI next update is split into two stages lol.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/final-fantasy-online-director-defends-monthly-subscriptions-in-the-golden-age-of-free-to-play-exclusive/
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-28 00:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

More revealing story on how endgame will be handled, FF14 MMO for idiots, 50 levels to get everyone up to speed on how to play :) May contain major spoiler on what happened after you reach level 50

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/a-realm-reborn-the-mmo-for-mmo-idiots
 Leviathan.Bnoonu
Server: Leviathan
user: Bnoonu
By Leviathan.Bnoonu 2013-06-28 01:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
And another interview why FF14 will work as subscription and F2P not needed. His answer may also solve the mystery why FFXI next update is split into two stages lol.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/final-fantasy-online-director-defends-monthly-subscriptions-in-the-golden-age-of-free-to-play-exclusive/

Was such a long answer haha XD
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2013-06-28 02:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Next beta cycle starts in a few hrs, so excited.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-06-28 02:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

update is ready to go, beta starts in 2 hours
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-28 06:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to be in orientation for the next 8hours T_T
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-06-28 06:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I clicked to read this, and my PC froze for about 25 seconds...wtf? It does that sometimes when loading these gaming "news" sites. Why?

After it unfroze, I read the entire thing. Interesting read, and it makes complete sense.

LOL'd at:

"Stars Wars is free to play now, great!"
"Are you playing Star Wars now that its free to play?"
"No, not really."

Back on topic: Is this the start of beta phase 4 or are we still in beta phase 3?

Also, lol @ the people asking for a PS3 beta key when last week I could not get rid of one >< Its taken now though :/
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-28 16:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Juicy reading here, found out more straight from Yoshi P interview:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/the-final-fantasy-xiv-director-talks-business-gameplay-and-doing-away-with-the-final-fantasy-logo-interview/

Yoshida: Because I wasn’t on the team when that decision was made, I’m going to guess why, from what I’ve heard. What I believe is that, back then, they probably thought that a lot of the Final Fantasy XI users would move to Final Fantasy XIV when it was released. But because what they were making was a new game in Final Fantasy XIV, they didn’t want to make them exactly the same. Then it would just be Final Fantasy XI-2, and they didn’t want to make a Final Fantasy XI-2. But they wanted to make it easier for those people who had been playing Final Fantasy XI for such a long time to take a step into this new world by creating things that were similar, but different and unique to the Final Fantasy XIV world. Again, that’s just my guess.

But then again, that lets us see one of the biggest things that was wrong with the original release of Final Fantasy XIV. If they wanted to make it—they should have taken it and made it into Final Fantasy XI-2. Take Final Fantasy XI and make a sequel with new types of systems and new graphics, but build it off of that foundation. Instead of doing that, they decided they wanted to do something new, but still use some of the things from XI. Again, instead of taking one thing and taking it to the next level, they just kept everything kind of in the middle. Nothing was exceptional. That’s why you get this quagmire that was the original release of Final Fantasy XIV. There were a lot of great things that came out of XI, a lot of revolutionary things, like the level sync system. But the fact is, when they made the original Final Fantasy XIV, they made it with a server system that wouldn’t allow level sync. You have this great system you developed. Why not have your new game also use that?
Well ***.

Let it be known I openly apologize to everyone I criticized about saying FFXIV: ARR was FFXI-2.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-06-28 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Article said:
most similar games have thoroughly embraced a free-to-play model, and those brazen enough not to, such as Star Wars: The Old Republic, quickly course-corrected after subscriptions and active players take a massive dive within the first couple of months.

SWTOR took a nosedive due to its subscription fee? All this time I thought it was due to it being a pretty bad MMO with a terrible dev team behind it.
By Quiznor 2013-06-28 18:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said: »

Article said:
most similar games have thoroughly embraced a free-to-play model, and those brazen enough not to, such as Star Wars: The Old Republic, quickly course-corrected after subscriptions and active players take a massive dive within the first couple of months.

SWTOR took a nosedive due to its subscription fee? All this time I thought it was due to it being a pretty bad MMO with a terrible dev team behind it.

subscription fee for a bad game with no content,yeah :P if it was f2p originally,there wouldnt have been such a big fuss
[+]
Server: Odin
user: Cakex
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-06-28 18:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to get in the PC beta dang it ....

ive done all beta registration and the Survey ...

I also have 2 old Copys of FFXIV 1.0 that where never activated but I don't think those keys work for anything atm.....
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-06-28 19:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingdinguhling said: »
I want to get in the PC beta dang it ....

ive done all beta registration and the Survey ...

I also have 2 old Copys of FFXIV 1.0 that where never activated but I don't think those keys work for anything atm.....
Should have activated and played FF14 1.0, then you would have had a guaranteed beta spot.
By Smokingjoe 2013-06-28 19:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel dumb... been playing the beta, when it's available, for the past 2 weekends.... and still havent figured out how to chat with people.

Anybody able to help me with this?

Also, are we able to use a USB keyboard or PS3 chatpad with the game? I remember having a USB keyboard for FFXI on PS2, but sadly it broke. Not sure if I should get another one for FFXIV or not. My current comp wont run XIV, so am locked into PS3 for the time being.
By Quiznor 2013-06-28 19:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Smokingjoe said: »
I feel dumb... been playing the beta, when it's available, for the past 2 weekends.... and still havent figured out how to chat with people.

Anybody able to help me with this?

Also, are we able to use a USB keyboard or PS3 chatpad with the game? I remember having a USB keyboard for FFXI on PS2, but sadly it broke. Not sure if I should get another one for FFXIV or not. My current comp wont run XIV, so am locked into PS3 for the time being.

There is no voice chat,so I'd assume you need a usb keyboard or other supported ps3 typing device. Maybe your pc keyboard can work on ps3? If it has the old P/S2 connector,just buy the cheap adapter :D Hopefully this gets you chatting to your fellow adventurers!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23