users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23
By Quiznor 2013-06-23 14:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
I still want to play on sunday lol its my only day off from everything

sounds like a personal problem,not SE's problem!
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-23 15:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

:( I will work fri/sat every week till i done with this job
By Quiznor 2013-06-23 15:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

:( I will work fri/sat every week till i done with this job

/comfort
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 15:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Your sense of accomplishment after you get something done. FFXI can stay for so long, is not because game mechanics are amazing, nor job system is great, nor super fun raid. It's only because what you gained after you invest your time in it, due to community and connections. And it's hard to copy and paste this experience in another MMO.

I totally agree with you, right now everything is "new-ish" on FF14, and indeed the HUD and gameplay mechanic is different and better than FF11, plus the pace is very fast (and to some degree better than FF11).

I also wonder what the future holds for longevity aka what you do after you hit level 50 (which should be very fast - probably less than a week for hardcore nuts and a month for super casual). Yoshi already stated that your game life begin after you hit level 50 (tons of endgame dungeons, high level crafting, selling your house, grand company grindtastic points for gears, etc). So it seems that should not be a problem. We just don't know if he takes the pre-SoA type of gear accomplishment (which works well in old school FFXI) or the new WoW style of accomplishment (gears will be obsolete when next expansion comes, but most gears are accessible and easy to get, hence very little attachment when they are outdated).

The other part is definitely community. Cross server play for dungeon is great, auto match and level sync is awesome. Having 40 characters is generous. But dealing with azzhole who thinks they can get away with rudeness just because they can switch to another toon is not. FFXI works because of the reputation on your server is something you want to maintain, though with the insta 99 mode, it's easy to get your alt level up, though a few checks and balance make sure you have some works to decently gear the new characters. The other part is FFXI community is always been older and less 7 -15 years old screaming obscenity and name calling people.

We shall see what will happen six months after launch. Right now FF14 has great content for solo with some grouping (at beta). I would rather they make it that endgame has a balanced progression that make you invest time so we can have tons of level 50 with less than optimal gears but if you want to reach for maximum you better work for it (as long as they don't obliterate your work in the next update lol).
[+]
By arhat 2013-06-23 16:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the CNJ enmity posts go, I haven't seen any issue with enmity except if I do 3+ Medicas in a row which only really happens on Ifrit but I've mostly dealt with MRD tanks which I hear excel in aoe enmity. Another thing to remember is there's nothing to do with TP on CNJ so you're free to Sprint in battle if you have a lot of adds on you.

As far as THM goes, since there doesn't seem to be much available at the levels people are reaching (20ish is what most everyone in my 500+ member FC is at. Which gives 4 abilities from other classes) other than 20% crit (from PUG I think?) and 20% damage (from Archer) and some CNJ spells nukes that aren't impressive compared to THM nukes, you may as well grab that 20% instant health move for tight spots. I think it's called Second Wind. If you're very frequently grabbing hate maybe you should tone it down a little. I haven't seen any THM take hate though, but I haven't played with many.

Most fights finish without my CNJ being anywhere near oom, I'd rather the DPS take it slow and not sponge my mana than go crazy and risk dying anyway. Leaves less DPS to pull adds off me since some of the later dungeons like Halatali have multiple fights (the fire spirit at the beginning and horned ogre-like boss at the end) that are heavy on adds that go straight for the healer.
By Kimble2013 2013-06-23 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its kinda hard to really say what the longevity of FFXIV is going to be based on the beta, lol.

From what ive seen its just nice because its fast pace, and seems like there is something to do. Fates are really quick and rewarding for example.
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, in the end it would depends on the end game contents, the community aspect, and the choices you have between hardcore, semi hardcore and casual players. If everything is way too easy, then it would be meaningless and the servers will be over populated with a bunch of epeen trash talkers who bailed on you the minute they see someone is not up to par to whatever standard they have instead of figuring out what is the best way to get things done with the cards you are dealt with.

One of the thing that FFXI did right is "misery loves company" when you cannot progress on your own you end up behaving like adult and learn how to play together in more civilized manner lol. I hope the endgame of FF14 will implement some features like this so that people with bad attitude will get nowhere as level 50 with basic gears :)
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-24 07:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
I don't what the issue with "find X or kill X amount" of mob quests are. They're no worse than "Exp party outside Kazham for 5 hours to get 2 levels".

I don't know what's the issue with my PC with a BD player, 3GB memory and 500 GB harddrive. They're no worse than my PC 15 years ago with 1MB ram, 24x CD player and 500 MB hardrive.

What's the point to keep bashing a 11 year old MMORPG? FFXI is out in 2002 and FFXIV ARR in 2013, FFXI isn't FFXIV's competitor, mountains of F2P MMO that also find X or kill X amount is.

The issue of find X or kill X amount is that it's been used for years in hundreds of F2P coming out every year, and it's getting old.

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Lots of stuff
There's too much wrong with everything there to get into it.

If you want to contribute your POV towards current MMO industry, then go for it. If you have nothing to say, saying "too much wrong" isn't very convincing.

Kimble2013 said: »
Its kinda hard to really say what the longevity of FFXIV is going to be based on the beta, lol.

From what ive seen its just nice because its fast pace, and seems like there is something to do. Fates are really quick and rewarding for example.

I agree that it's too early to judge, that's why I don't understand what's the hype....you can't tell whether the game is successful or not until 2014~2015. I mean, game isn't even out and everyone act as if it's savior of MMO industry, an industry that has been going downhill for a while, by bashing 11 year old FFXI repeatedly. This genre isn't FFXI and XIV only.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-06-24 07:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't what the issue with "find X or kill X amount" of mob quests are. They're no worse than "Exp party outside Kazham for 5 hours to get 2 levels".

I don't know what's the issue with my PC with a BD player, 3GB memory and 500 GB harddrive. They're no worse than my PC 15 years ago with 1MB ram, 24x CD player and 500 MB hardrive.

What's the point to keep bashing a 11 year old MMORPG? FFXI is out in 2002 and FFXIV ARR in 2013, FFXI isn't FFXIV's competitor, mountains of F2P MMO that also find X or kill X amount is.

The issue of find X or kill X amount is that it's been used for years in hundreds of F2P coming out every year, and it's getting old.

I'm not bashing anything, I'm just saying, killing the same monster over and over for a quest and killing the same monster over and over for an exp party, how the hell is that different?
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2013-06-24 08:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as what you guys have been discussing, I had significantly more fun leveling to 10 in the beta of ffxiv than I did when i first leveled a character to 10 in ffxi. It felt like less of a grind/chore and actually kept me interested allowing me to move around and the lack of kneeling to heal. The addition of quests and the faster paced battle system actually kept me sane rather than just target -> auto attack -> wait for TP to kill mob faster or sit and wait on my super delayed attack to kill something -> run for 2 minutes to find the next mob. I didn't have a chance to actually party up with people as playing time was limited, but I can imagine what it would be like. The fact that I didn't have to buy arrows to play the archer class excited me as well. The "find x/kill x" quests forced me to explore areas more than I probably would without those quests. I found myself in extremely random places doing basic quests to lvl rather than just a single area. In general, I really liked what they did overall from what I've seen thus far. I can't wait to play it again, and that's something I haven't really been able to say about an MMO since ffxi.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jojen
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jojen
By Quetzalcoatl.Jojen 2013-06-24 08:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not bashing anything, I'm just saying, killing the same monster over and over for a quest and killing the same monster over and over for an exp party, how the hell is that different?

Not bashing either, but I think the biggest difference between the quest reward system and the exp party system is the amount of new players you meet during the process. I personally love the quest exp reward system more, but I feel like I don't meet(and get to know) very many players this way...quest are(so far) pretty easy to complete solo if you want, although I'm playing the beta with my best friend so we've been speeding through everything duo. However, since FFXIV also includes dungeons as quest, I think we'll all still have time to meet players that we think are great and add them as friends, as well as the players that aren't so great and make that mental note to avoid them =P.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 08:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And no reason to use it as a way to bash FFXI, since it not something ppl enjoyed FFXI would care, and plenty of games been doing it.
There’s plenty of reasons to bash XI right now, lol.

I haven't try beta because I usually don't play MMO during beta.
But yet, you’re trying to form opinions about it?

But majority of positive reviews are based on the fact that FFXI has bad game mechanics so FFXIV is better. And also based on those players been playing FFXI so they liked X and Y because it should be in FFXI.
This is wrong. The positive reviews are because of the near miraculous turn-around the game has had since its 1.0 launch which was god-awful. The institution of XI races was to make the transition to another MMO feel more familiar. Sure, there are a few people who whine on about, “It should be just like XI, mehmehmehmeh,” but applying XI’s design now would be a stupid idea.

For a MMO, longevity > having something new and super fun. Every new MMO more or less has something new/attractive/unique features to sell. So players would want to give it a try. But after a couple of months, longevity is really what makes ppl stay and keep playing.

It's not hard to make something new, every MMO can do it. Those who played same FFXI for years may enjoy something new, simply because FFXI is getting old after years.
I’d wager dedicated XI fans would stick with XI regardless, as they have for years through all the different MMO releases. Some people might go and come back even, but right now is not a good time for XI because they took their system and tried to make it every other MMO out right now with gear treadmilling and blatant grinding that is entertaining for maybe the first time you kill a Delve boss.

But longevity is based on feedback. Your sense of accomplishment after you get something done. FFXI can stay for so long, is not because game mechanics are amazing, nor job system is great, nor super fun raid. It's only because what you gained after you invest your time in it, due to community and connections. And it's hard to copy and paste this experience in another MMO.

Those who claimed FFXIV ARR is awesome, only pointed out it's new and fun, but did not mention anything related to it's longevity and player interaction aspect, which is more important than anything else ....but I guess it's probably better to wait until launch.
Again, if you haven’t even played the beta, you really shouldn’t be forming opinions about it. To say that, the only thing people think is awesome about ARR is that it’s new and fun in a dismissive way is ignorant, because that’s not what is being said at all. The entire world has been reformed from bland stretches of land to creative terrains, towns, and NPC interactions. But I’ll give you one thing, that it is better to wait until launch to judge things like player interaction as people doing the beta are supposed to be there to test functions and features of the game that are tweaked for beta testing purposes right now. So far from what I’ve seen, the community is building a good base despite new people coming and saying, “*** Legacy, why should they get anything special?!” because they’re ignorant as ***. But that’s another can of worms entirely.

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Lots of stuff about killing X and Y mob quests
In essence, every game MMO you play will have this sort of deal; even this TESO you mention as being “different.” “Go into X dungeon and defeat Y boss, or find Z treasure.” HOLY *** DIFFERENT.

Seems interesting IMO(Although the writer of this article may be biased in a way....). You can also go do research and find other titles if you're sick of FFXI and not into another WoW theme-park clone. This world isn't WoW clone or bust.
I also like how every game that uses the hotbat is a WoW clone too. Does Blizzard have a patent on that? Inb4hackandslash to which I say, see response to previous quote. If something works well, why would you not use it? Did you know, XI has a similar system? /holds down Ctrl key, /gasp! A wild hotbar appears.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-24 09:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is wrong. The positive reviews are because of the near miraculous turn-around the game has had since its 1.0 launch which was god-awful. The institution of XI races was to make the transition to another MMO feel more familiar. Sure, there are a few people who whine on about, “It should be just like XI, mehmehmehmeh,” but applying XI’s design now would be a stupid idea.

First of all, I did not "form an opinion" towards FFXIV, my opinion was about some ppl's positive opinion not being objective enough.

And you don't really need to play the game to tell.

If you read MMORPG reviews on major gaming media, have you ever seen any writer say anything like "This game is great cuz NPC reacts to enemy nearby, and it's great cuz you no longer leech in Abyssea to lv cap! I have fun doing quest, and game's super fast paced and I love it"?

No you don't. Because opinion based on experience in another 11 year old game but nothing else isn't objective.

A positive review shouldn't based on previous title. It should be a comparison to other titles that's currently the best in the industry.

And nobody ask FFXIV to be like FFXI, they're against FFXIV to be like WoW.

And yes, MMO can be different from WoW, just that majority of the MMO that doesn't follow WoW path are mostly dead. Besides maybe UO and EVE online.

Quote:
Those who claimed FFXIV ARR is awesome, only pointed out it's new and fun, but did not mention anything related to it's longevity and player interaction aspect, which is more important than anything else ....but I guess it's probably better to wait until launch.
Again, if you haven’t even played the beta, you really shouldn’t be forming opinions about it.

And vice versa, if you only play the beta, then there's nothing to say about longevity, which is the most important aspect in an MMO.
"You should shut up if you haven't beta" is just as legit as "you should shut up if you only played beta"

I simply just pointed out longevity being the most important aspect, before anyone wanting to jump down and starting to act like FFXIV gonna save MMO industry.

Obviously I doubt it will, unless JP style art or FF brand name is that big of influence.

Quote:
In essence, every game MMO you play will have this sort of deal; even this TESO you mention as being “different.” “Go into X dungeon and defeat Y boss, or find Z treasure.” HOLY *** DIFFERENT.

If you even spend 5 min to read the link, the article isn't about TESO, in fact it's bashing TESO for being another WoW type MMO.

It's talking about a new sandbox MMO from Korea. WoW clone theme-park MMO has been flooding in the market in past 7+ years. And new next-gen open world MMO is something new in seas of WoW clones and it's interesting.

Quote:
I also like how every game that uses the hotbat is a WoW clone too. Does Blizzard have a patent on that? Inb4hackandslash to which I say, see response to previous quote. If something works well, why would you not use it? Did you know, XI has a similar system? /holds down Ctrl key, /gasp! A wild hotbar appears.

Again, bashing FFXI for no reason when nobody's been defending for it to begin with. Nobody gives a ***about FFXI's macro system or other shitty outdated design, because it's not even FFXIV's main competitor.

Do you honestly think UI element define an MMO? No, the game mechanic does. Before you compare every aspect in FFXIV with FFXI as if FFXI is the only MMO ever exist before XIV, maybe you should do some research about MMO market and industry, and different game mechanics, (Guess what, not every MMO is a WoW clone, just that WoW clones are probably more successful and more appealing to avg gamers in past 7 years), before making not so serious statement like this.

You sound like I'm defending for FFXI so you have to bash FFXI every 3 posts, but guess what, I'm not. I'm well aware of FFXI's flaw, and it's appeal. And I understand fully that it's appeal can not be copy and pasted in any current gen MMO so I never support any newer MMO try to copy and paste FFXI. It's you that's not being objective when it comes to giving opinion.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-24 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV seems pretty obviously a mixture of other mmo that are out, they just picked what they liked from others and melted it together, adding FF elements(sometimes to the extreme..whilst awesome, I'm not quite sure why characters should ride Magitek armour..)

It is in no way something unique or completely new, but it sure looks fun and I'm really jelly I can't play it.

As for the longevity argument mentioned above I think no one can say anything about it yet, since the endgame progression must be seen before giving a reasonable judgment, be it positive or negative.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 10:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d like to start with, if you actually read my response and didn’t cut and paste what I said to fit what you want to see… in reference to longevity:
But I’ll give you one thing, that it is better to wait until launch to judge things like player interaction as people doing the beta are supposed to be there to test functions and features of the game that are tweaked for beta testing purposes right now.
Compared to your twisting:
First of all, I did not "form an opinion" towards FFXIV, my opinion was about some ppl's positive opinion not being objective enough. And you don't really need to play the game to tell.
In a lot of cases, you do, especially if you played 1.0 and have doubts about the game being much different. Reviews can be a guide, but a lot of them miss key elements or are biased. But let me clarify quickly: Not forming an opinion, but mimicking the opinions of reviews. Okay.
Clearly, another result of not participating in the beta as there have been several threads posted on the beta forums complaining it does not have the same system/mechanics as XI.
Nobody gives a ***about FFXI's macro system or other shitty outdated design, because it's not even FFXIV's main competitor. Do you honestly think UI element define an MMO? No, the game mechanic does. Before you compare every aspect in FFXIV with FFXI as if FFXI is the only MMO ever exist before XIV, maybe you should do some research about MMO market and industry, and different game mechanics, (Guess what, not every MMO is a WoW clone, just that WoW clones are probably more successful and more appealing to avg gamers in past 7 years), before making not so serious statement like this.
You sound like I'm defending for FFXI so you have to bash FFXI every 3 posts, but guess what, I'm not.
Again, bashing FFXI for no reason when nobody's been defending for it to begin with.
Sure about that? I also you think, you keep using that word[bashing] and don’t know what it means, because nowhere has anyone been bashing XI. It has had references made to it, I’ve said there are reasons to bash it, but there has been no bashing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-24 11:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly, another result of not participating in the beta as there have been several threads posted on the beta forums complaining it does not have the same system/mechanics as XI.

I'm not talking about another forum, I'm specifically talking about this thread.

Player A: This game isn't for me, it's too wow like.

Then 100 other player jump out as if you have to like this game or else you're baised toward XI or w/e.

And idk what's your point when you said "every game uses same UI element as WoW anyways, including XI" either.

And I'm not sure which part in this statment
"Those who claimed FFXIV ARR is awesome, only pointed out it's new and fun, but did not mention anything related to it's longevity and player interaction aspect, which is more important than anything else ....but I guess it's probably better to wait until launch."

is forming opinion about it.

Forming opinion about a game = "FFXIV is awesome" or "FFXIV is bad". I don't recall I ever say a thing that's positive nor negative about it. The only closest opinion about the game I said was "WoW style MMO has been out for years, and it's getting old". That's not opinion about specific game, it's an observation of this industry.

I only form opinion about other's opinion and general MMORPG market, not the game itself.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-24 11:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about the end game aspect, beta is capped at 35 and the main quest stopped at lvl 20 for now. So it is very hard to tell. But Yoshi did write a very long letter regarding what he sees for the future and his view of casual vs hardcore. Don't forget he is a gamer himself, a hardcore one, but now he has to see it in the eye of a producer, which he admits was a shock to the system to balance everything and creating a game that will appeal to both market.

The almost solo everything like offline FF games is great since you can focus on the main story and quests which is more fleshed out than your typical WoW clone games. But you dont play online games for that, you do it for the community, which now more focused on the "social aspect" of it instead of "you have gears xyz and elite weapons" or go suck it out yelling for help for hours.

I remember back in 2010 when Abyssea first came out and most people hardly have AF3+1 and atmas, most of the shouts are welcoming everyone who has the jobs. It was not about weapons xyz or sorry you have no place. The battle was rough and took awhile to get it done, getting proc was also a guessing game. Heck even the first batch of Voidwatch was hard. Everything become easier once players figure out the strategy.
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 11:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is pretty damn good mostly but one thing that makes it really different (in a bad way) is that theres no animation lock while performing weapon skills and abilities, I posted a bunch in the forum for them to impliment this so hopefully it gets seen to. Basically when you weapon skill, lets say Ukko Fury (since they dont do anything for the legs you take a stance) for example your free to circle around the enemy while you do it which causes you to look like you slide, they said theyr making a fix for this anyway so either way it wont look like that so dont worry lol I just hope its an animation lock though because otherwise during PVP archers will be able to stay out of range and be immortal from melee. other than this the game is perfect with the environments and amount of content already in the beta, its gonna be an awesome game either ay but that 1 thing worries me for balance sake and strategy in battle sake.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-24 12:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the hell would you want animation locking?
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

because 1. the current battle system just spam buttons while giving no thought except what comes net in the combo while sliding around the enemy... people are asking for more depth to the combat, this will give it, you did notice we have animation lock in FFXI? Do you think it would look nice to see me tachi: shoha spam while circling an enemy contiuously?
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-24 12:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are some cut and paste developer's note in case the beta forum is closed to general public:

Premise
I believe one of the most enjoyable aspects of an MMO is party play. The feeling you get after defeating a mighty foe together with friends and receive rich rewards such as powerful gear and rare items is priceless, and no MMO can do without it.

In order to give players that sense of achievement without any undue stress, we have to carefully balance the roles of every class and job, as well as the inherent attributes of enemies. Put simply, it's important that we avoid situations where certain enemies possess attributes that render certain classes or jobs ineffective against them. For example, we don't want players saying "well, black mage is the only DPS job that works for this boss," so we have to strike the right balance between classes, jobs, and enemies. Now let's get to the heart of the matter.

The dungeons in FFXIV: ARR can be categorized into one of the following tiers of dungeons:
- Dungeons for leveling between level 15 and 45 (e.g. Haukke Manor)
- Dungeons for players near the level cap (e.g. Dzemael Darkhold)
- The series of primal battles (Bowl of Embers, etc.)
- Type A raid dungeons (e.g. Crystal Tower)
- Type B raid dungeons (e.g. The Great Labyrinth of Bahamut)

However, as time goes on and we continue to develop new content, fewer and fewer people will be playing through old areas and dungeons. This is why at some point, we will add additional enhancing effects for parties in order to make sure these places can still be cleared.

Once players have reached level 50, they should have a clear understanding of party dynamics and the capabilities of whatever class or job they prefer to use. Players will then be able to challenge the primals, the crystal tower, and the various raid dungeons we have planned for FFXIV: ARR.

The duty finder will also become an important tool in finding groups to explore these dungeons, and so we've done our best to be mindful of the following points:
- Content can usually be completed on the first attempt, even with a party hastily formed together.
- Content that marks a clear distinction between what a beginner or veteran may understand.
- Content with routes that are not overly complicated.
- Content that is not randomized, making it easier to understand.
- Content that beginners cannot complete if they are not mindful of boss enemies (but can be repeated).
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-06-24 12:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SamuraiCloud27 said: »
because 1. the current battle system just spam buttons while giving no thought except what comes net in the combo while sliding around the enemy... people are asking for more depth to the combat, this will give it, you did notice we have animation lock in FFXI? Do you think it would look nice to see me tachi: shoha spam while circling an enemy contiuously?
Guess you've never heard of ja0wait ;D
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »

There is no JA cooldown, its on a global cooldown of 2.5 seconds...
By Kimble2013 2013-06-24 12:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't care what it looks like. Animation lock was one of the worst things in FFXI.
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-06-24 12:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »

There is no JA cooldown, its on a global cooldown of 2.5 seconds...
I'll take that as a no. It's a third party tool for XI which removes the locking caused by JAs. So yeah, people have been trying to get away from that for a while now.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 12:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some animations lock you down for a second or so. Personally, being able to use some abilities and able to slide out of the way of an attack is quite nice, imo. Considering even if they did lock you equal, or close to, the GCD, you wouldn't be able to move out of the way in time. Which it's already like anyways if you're using another move and the monster happens to start readying at the same time. I definitely think the depth of combat is going to be there, and people really need to stop assuming that low-level game content is going to be exactly the same as higher-end content.

It's technically also not a Global CoolDown, either. There are multiple Actions that have their own timers.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2013-06-24 12:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

its annoying but it makes sense.. you cant be doing special techniques while running in circles.. there should be a period of time where you cant move. one of the weirdest things about ffxiv is all of the flashiness though.. it gets so bad that you cant even see your target.. its just a mass of lights and explosions and stuff. it makes it a pain for directional attacks.
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-06-24 12:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand at all its a bad thing, you'l just be literally button mashing with no thought of timing, im not sure if youv even tried beta but seriously it really unbalanced and nerfs down difficulty by a lot, all you will need is gear and 1 healer and button mashing.... i wouldnt just be saying this as a tester if i didnt think it was a problem trust me.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-24 12:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You will be able to turn off those flashy thing or reduce it down. At beta you can already turn off other animation so it will become less flashy.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-24 12:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand at all its a bad thing, you'l just be literally button mashing with no thought of timing, im not sure if youv even tried beta but seriously it really unbalanced and nerfs down difficulty by a lot, all you will need is gear and 1 healer and button mashing.... i wouldnt just be saying this as a tester if i didnt think it was a problem trust me.
You are aware a great deal of the content is somewhat nerfed, including battle ratios, for the purposes of Beta Testing, right? From what I've heard, Haukke Manor is a ***-ton harder than it was in Phase 2 and Halatali had some unexpected surprises as well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23