New Impeachment Scam Thread. Nice People Only.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 27 28 29
By volkom 2019-11-19 19:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting day watching the testimonies...

apparently favors are demands and it seems that Lt. Col Vindman is a potential leaker of information based on Rep Jim Jordan's questioning
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 19:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
the rule I am breaking gets a single post deleted or a single user a warning.

The "rules" I'm referring to would get the entire subforum deleted if we can't "play nice" wouldnt you say that's a bit more important and relevant?

I know without a doubt Roooks wouldnt delete a thread or a subforum just for my dumb posts and I didnt think it would offend anyone here, seeing as how it makes fun of both sides of the argument. I can gladly delete though just on principle for the vulgarity.

I don't care about the post, tempt your own fate if you so desire. Just don't be surprised when you get called out for your above-the-fray, holier-than-thou nonsense that's so conveniently directed only at people on the opposite political divide.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 19:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

apparently favors are demands and it seems that Lt. Col Vindman is a potential leaker of information based on Rep Jim Jordan's questioning

Yeah, and the Vindman/Schiff exchange was really odd. Both of them testified that they don't know the identity of the whistleblower but Schiff feels the need to be interject so that Vindman doesn't reveal his/her identity? That's sketchy at best.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-19 19:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
(even when it's satire from an evil conservative)
assuming your sarcasm is remotely correct and anyone using this site does consider you evil for argument's sake, it's satire mocking a group of people you don't agree with that is spammed on here a lot.

Don't you think that being spammed daily kinda flies exactly into the face of the above request Roooks made? We don't need to fill this site with straw man fallacies regarding anyone we disagree with to be satirical.
By Nausi 2019-11-19 19:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
Vindman is falling apart in this thing.

Claims to never have met the whistleblower yet schiff has to step in to make sure he doesn’t name them (because schiff knows who it is despite lying and claiming otherwise)

This is a really dumb argument and I'm "almost" surprised people are blind enough to believe that crap.

He may know the person who is the whistleblower without actually knowing the fact this person is the whistleblower.
Everyone knows who the WB is. He has been named. Schiff outted him in one of his transcripts. The name is Eric Carimella.
Vindman admitted he spoke to someone about the call who is outside his chain of command. That's who he's talking about.

Schiff is never going to admit it. So if that's what you're waiting for, god bless you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 19:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
assuming your sarcasm is remotely correct and anyone using this site does consider you evil for argument's sake, it's satire mocking a group of people you don't agree with that is spammed on here a lot.

Don't you think that being spammed daily kinda flies exactly into the face of the above request Roooks made? We don't need to fill this site with straw man fallacies regarding anyone we disagree with to be satirical.

My post didn't even fit the definition of a straw-man. I went ridiculously satirical on purpose so that there would be no confusion, mainly due to the fact that a certain few people in here who don't understand subtlety in the slightest. Now can we get back to the discussion at hand, or are you going to spend all your time taking everyone (read: conservatives) to task about not being on topic instead of, you know, contributing to the topic?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are policing this thread to see if people use straw man arguments ?

Is that some sort of fetish ?
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 19:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The "rules" I'm referring to would get the entire subforum deleted if we can't "play nice" wouldnt you say that's a bit more important and relevant?

I know without a doubt Roooks wouldnt delete a thread or a subforum just for my dumb posts and I didnt think it would offend anyone here, seeing as how it makes fun of both sides of the argument. I can gladly delete though just on principle for the vulgarity.

I don't care about the post, tempt your own fate if you so desire. Just don't be surprised when you get called out for your above-the-fray, holier-than-thou nonsense that's so conveniently directed only at people on the opposite political divide.
If I resorted to that brand of pettiness or straw manning to make satire, you'd have a point. That image made fun of both candidates of the 2016 election, not any one opposition.

There is no equivocation here, only semantics. Don't forget we have the same goal; To keep this subforum warranted as viable and sustainable.
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Donny is not holy and certainly not about the fray... he is here with us sub humans.
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

above the fray *
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If I resorted to that brand of pettiness or straw manning to make satire, you'd have a point. That image made fun of both candidates of the 2016 election, not any one opposition.

There is no equivocation here, only semantics. Don't forget we have the same goal; To keep this subforum warranted as viable and sustainable.

Thank you Donny for attempting to make a point. I'm not sure this forum could survive without your diligence.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-19 19:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Vindman is the original whistleblower. who called his unnamed IC associate who funneled this into schiffs hands. Its all a scam. No wonder Schiff wanted to keep this all behind closed doors. It's 100% ***.
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My post didn't even fit the definition of a straw-man. I went ridiculously satirical on purpose so that there would be no confusion, mainly due to the fact that a certain few people in here who don't understand subtlety in the slightest. Now can we get back to the discussion at hand, or are you going to spend all your time taking everyone (read: conservatives) to task about not being on topic instead of, you know, contributing to the topic?

Must be a Canadian things to make problems out of nothing. I'm pretty sure we could go 100 pages without someone say. "Hey man that's a straw man argument. I deduct 30 internet points from your post" !

Maybe every time we use a straw man argument we can have a Canadian flag appear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 19:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they're running out of time one way or another to make their case to the American public. These hearings have been a joke.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-19 19:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Not sure why your mind brought sexuality into this but I'm just reading posts and noticing behaviors; I have no power here.

you may not have noticed fone but many of our posters that oppose the four of you eventually gave up with trying to have genuine dialogue here. I wouldn't be surprised if more than ~70% of the last 1000 pages in P & R has been straw man dialogue attempting provocation or encouraging it, until all attempts at dialogue are given up and we stop seeing the posters.

Viscious must be a masochist at this point for staying here as long as he does.
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of talking about politics you are arguing about how we should argue ?

That helps how ?
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 19:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be a Canadian things to make problems out of nothing.
I wish this was as simple as a claim of me trying to make you all more diplomatic but I'm not the one demanding that we all "start behaving like adults."
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a real debate on the internet....you might as well get a mirror and argue with yourself. No one here takes this ***seriously. Look at the other sections it is filled with anime and and stupid memes. I'd say the average mentality of this forum is about 12 years old.

And no just because you are arguing with another poster doesn't make it a good argument.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason we have this thread is probably to keep our dumb *** from shitting up other threads. And we don't really bother anyone. It's like our own island of misfit toys.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 19:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why your mind brought sexuality into this but I'm just reading posts and noticing behaviors; I have no power here.

you may not have noticed fone but many of our posters that oppose the four of you eventually gave up with trying to have genuine dialogue here. I wouldn't be surprised if more than ~70% of the last 1000 pages in P & R has been straw man dialogue attempting provocation or encouraging it, until all attempts at dialogue are given up and we stop seeing the posters.

Oh yes. Vic is so much better. That's why half of his posts are him taking shots at Nausi. What a fantastic judge of good posting you are.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know when the genuine dialogue starts by the way. I don't want to miss it.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 19:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also this is a lot of reading for a Tuesday. Maybe you can give me extra credit for reading on a weekday.

I can even post phony links claiming I researched some ***to make it look official.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 20:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes. Vic is so much better. That's why half of his posts are him taking shots at Nausi. What a fantastic judge of good posting you are.
you're putting words in my mouth now.
The facts are these:
vic opposes the four of you.
you four tend to affirm each other's straw manning dialogue.
Most of his posts have less support affirming them.

so even if he straw mans in exactly the same manner as you might, he will have far less support and affirmation here. Ergo the masochism claim.

It's called having a pack mentality and in general we are all susceptible to that kind of bias. It doesn't mean he is any less wrong or you are any less right, it just means that the majority here when left to it's own devices will default to affirming themselves. And in 2019 in this subforum, the majority of alignment of posts is with your beliefs Rav.

I definitely have a strong bias against majorities due to my heritage and past, and so it takes a lot of effort to convince me to join one.

The only reason we have this thread is probably to keep our dumb *** from shitting up other threads. And we don't really bother anyone. It's like our own island of misfit toys.
you said before in the last thread that you don't like discussing politics. You can discuss anything you want in RT and none of them will try to stop you.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 20:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can discuss politics...but arguing about arguing sounds intriguing...
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-19 20:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also this is a lot of reading for a Tuesday. Maybe you can give me extra credit for reading on a weekday.

I can even post phony links claiming I researched some ***to make it look official.
hey don't look at me. Most of my posts are just random pictures and subject you to very little reading unless you dorks get me rambling!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-11-19 20:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure he'd still be wrong with or without a "pack mentality" around
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 20:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the spirit turn your brain off and post stupid ***.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 20:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I'm pretty sure he'd still be wrong with or without a "pack mentality" around
it doesn't change who is wrong or right at all, that's correct.

but it does start to look more and more like masochism when it's faced for extended periods without support/affirmation.
By Viciouss 2019-11-19 20:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In the future my name must be spelled correctly. I would hate to be confused with that other guy on Shiva that TPs in WS gear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 27 28 29