New Impeachment Scam Thread. Nice People Only.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 28 29
By Nausi 2019-11-19 10:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
During a discussion on impeachment, this happened.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

He denies it, but I say he dealt it.
He who denies it, supplies it.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-19 13:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vindman is falling apart in this thing.

Claims to never have met the whistleblower yet schiff has to step in to make sure he doesn’t name them (because schiff knows who it is despite lying and claiming otherwise)
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-19 13:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Vindman was solid throughout. First hand account of the quid pro quo, didn't allow the Republicans to smear him at all. Their questions were way off topic, even bringing up the conspiracy theorist John Soloman. They are getting more and more desperate.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-19 13:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Who was the rep that broke out the "3500 pages and they never mentioned bribe"

That might be the single dumbest thing said so far, in an ever increasing pile of some of the dumbest ***I've ever heard.
By Nausi 2019-11-19 13:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Vindman’s reasoning for thinking it was a demand was that he believes the Ukrainian President is subservient to ours, therefore when Trump asked for a favor, it was really a demand.

Stick a fork in Vindman, hes done.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-19 13:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

That might be the single dumbest thing said so far, in an ever increasing pile of some of the dumbest ***I've ever heard.

Ratliffe, a Republican from Texas. It meant absolutely nothing. Its not the job of the witness to define the crime, thats on the investigators. The witnesses are there to tell us what happened.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-11-19 14:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been fun to watch the GOP scramble to publicly out the whistleblower, because reasons. The public doesn't need to know the person that accurately reported an inappropriate phone call that helped start this investigation. It doesn't change the facts of the case.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 14:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/yawn. Is Glormpf gone yet?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
/yawn. Is Glormpf gone yet?

Trump literally falling on his sword !

[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also according to CNN Trump had about 30 heart attacks yesterday but miraculously seems ok today.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand. Based on what the media tells me, I should have already woken up in a field of flowers and rainbows with Hillary Clinton as President and a million dollars in my pocket redistributed from some random billionaire. Why am I still waking up in literal Nazi Germany where I have to actually go to work every day to support the lavish lifestyles of rich Republicans, all while Orange Man is literally killing poor minorities, old people, and children every day? The world needs more honest, hardworking heroes like Adam Schiff to save us and fly us away to our liberal paradise. You know, like Detroit or something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-19 15:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing like coming to ffxiah for some straw man being spammed all day long.

Barns and Politics and Religions subforum
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 15:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

Do you have anything to add on the topic, or are you going to bemoan everyone else's behavior as usual?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2019-11-19 15:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy oh boy the Horowitz report dropped. It is very bad for the credibility of the FBI and FISA warrants related to Trump and his campaign.
https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2019/a20009.pdf

Press ctrl+f and search for results in brief, if you don't want to read the whole thing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 16:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell, that's just a standard audit report. The results don't look great, but I see anything about FISA. I believe the Horowitz report is coming out Dec. 11.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 16:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have anything to add on the topic, or are you going to bemoan everyone else's behavior as usual?
*posts a huge paragraph straw manning an argument of pettiness as provocation*
*claims I don't add anything to the topic by calling him out on it*

if my post added nothing to the topic, your post above it actively detracted from the topic. Like all of the other posts straw-manning dialogue here purely for provocation. Interestingly enough one sees this happening here a lot more from republican posters than dems. And then in turm usually see multiple other republican posters encouraging further straw-manning. Part of why you'll never come across me rating up this kind of dialogue (from either side.)

At the very least in the "nice thread," we should keep the straw man arguments to a minimum.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-19 16:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Oh don't you worry. We have two more days of hearings yet and that's just this week.

It WILL get stupider.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 16:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »

if my post added nothing to the topic, your post above it actively detracted from the topic. Like all of the other posts straw-manning dialogue here purely for provocation. Interestingly enough one sees this happening here a lot more from republican posters than dems. And then in turm usually see multiple other republican posters encouraging further straw-manning. Part of why you'll never come across me rating up this kind of dialogue (from either side.)

At the very least in the "nice thread," we should keep the straw man arguments to a minimum.

Well Mr. Thread Police, putting your clear bias aside, you might be standing on a higher moral ground if you didn't post a meme with profanity on this very page, thus breaking site rules. I think those rate higher than the "nice" requirement in the thread title.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 16:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Donny if you ever post something worth reading...we will let you know.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 16:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy from Canada is going to be the authority figure on American politics.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 16:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Donny is like a child that wonders into PnR to post some thing he found on the internet he thinks is funny...but it isn't. But he keeps trying I'll give him that !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 16:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

wanders *
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 16:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Donny is like a child that wonders into PnR to post some thing he found on the internet he thinks is funny...but it isn't. But he keeps trying I'll give him that !

I mean, what else is there to do in November in Canada? Either way, it's vastly more interesting to post in here than it is to watch those hearings.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-19 17:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

But really other than complain what exactly do you do here ?

I mean you don't like Republicans or Democrats...hell you probably don't even like America...so what exactly is your point ?
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 18:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My comedic posts are not relevant to the request Rooks gave us Rav, which are also far less provocative than consistent straw-manning. You can also easily scroll through any P&R thread here and count the amount of posts engaging in that kind of fallacy if you see that distinction as bias on my part.

Donny if you ever post something worth reading...we will let you know.
You can always block me if you consider my posts unworthy to be read. That is irrelevant to me seeing as there has been no genuine dialogue partaken by you and I to be lost in the future.

Some guy from Canada is going to be the authority figure on American politics.
Regardless if you consider me an authority on topics you come up with, I usually only engage in behavioural ones that are relevant to my interests.

But really other than complain what exactly do you do here ?

I mean you don't like Republicans or Democrats...hell you probably don't even like America...so what exactly is your point ?
The point was unrelated to if I dislike or like your country, it was referring to dialogue this site has deemed in poor taste and requested we tone down.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-19 19:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My comedic posts are not relevant to the request idiot boy gave us Rav, which are also far less provocative than consistent straw-manning. You can also easily scroll through any P&R thread here and count the amount of posts engaging in that kind of fallacy if you see that distinction as bias on my part.

?

I'm not even sure what you're going on about here. I was referring to a particular site rule, which you broke, and which I can quote:

Quote:
AdSense-based rules

• Images containing profanity.

Those are hard requirements and will always be met with post editing (or removal) and warnings or suspensions. Please note that putting things in spoilers doesn't help; that's purely a display issue, it doesn't remove the image/etc from the page.

If you read the complete rules, you'll note how "consistent straw-manning" is nowhere on that list (even when it's satire from an evil conservative). If you have any questions as to which is worse, feel free to PM Rooks.

Now, I'm not going to go crying to a mod about it and heaven knows Chanti got away with worse in the last thread, but it just seems really disingenuous to hear you talk about the integrity of the thread when you're flagrantly breaking rules for the sake of your "comedic" posts.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-11-19 19:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

?

I'm not even sure what you're going on about here.
I'm referring to the reason the random P&R thread was locked. Didnt mean to be vague or confuse I just thought it would be fresh in your memory.

Quote:
Bad news: me being around means I've had some time to look over recent P+R and holy crap it is shameful. Is this what y'all get up to when I'm not around?

I've locked this thread. There will be no more random P+R threads for a bit, and if I have to lock or delete the whole section I will. I'll re-open this when I've decided you can behave like the adults you're supposed to be, again, but right now you're not really showing it.

but it just seems really disingenuous to hear you talk about the integrity of the thread when you're flagrantly breaking rules for the sake of your "comedic" posts.
the rule I am breaking gets a single post deleted or a single user a warning.

The "rules" I'm referring to would get the entire subforum deleted if we can't "play nice" wouldnt you say that's a bit more important and relevant?

I know without a doubt Roooks wouldnt delete a thread or a subforum just for my dumb posts and I didnt think it would offend anyone here, seeing as how it makes fun of both sides of the argument. I can gladly delete though just on principle for the vulgarity.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 28 29