FFXIV
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-09-06 17:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Some Classes are better than Jobs when you're solo since they let you set more cross-class skills (double the amount that you can set on a job) and the classes that you can set skills from are far less restricted (Jobs can only set skills from two different classes, Classes can set from almost every other class).

Jobs get a raw stat bonus and their own special abilities that make it more suited to one particular role, making them infinitely better for party play (an exception that I know of is in the case of Paladin; there's almost no reason to use Gladiator once you've unlocked it since Sword Oath is pretty stupid).
 Bahamut.Kiralai
Server: Bahamut
user: Kiralai
By Bahamut.Kiralai 2013-09-06 17:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I'd imagine it's Marauder that turns into Warrior, not Gladiator.

Is there any advantage to not going for what I'd call the "Prestige" class? IE: Dragoon from Lancer, Warrior from Marauder, Paladin from Gladiator. I haven't found a good description of how that whole system works, if basically your Archer is forever a Bard once you take that path or something.

In a set group, it's always going to be better to use Dragoon/Warrior/Paladin, but there are some instances when solo where the non-specialized class is better, just because you have access to more cross-class abilities, rather than just the abilities from your "main" and "sub."

Edit: Proth beat me.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-06 17:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I'd imagine it's Marauder that turns into Warrior, not Gladiator.

Is there any advantage to not going for what I'd call the "Prestige" class? IE: Dragoon from Lancer, Warrior from Marauder, Paladin from Gladiator. I haven't found a good description of how that whole system works, if basically your Archer is forever a Bard once you take that path or something.
I haven't found much reason to uses classes at higher levels no... In theory they have more versatility but jobs have higher base stats on top of their unique abilities so classes kinda lag behind.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-06 17:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get a job you have very little reason to go back to class...makes sense!
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-09-06 17:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So this game is frustrating. besides never getting on or timing out I have this other issue.

I start a fight with a mob and all of a sudden I can not damage it. It still hits me but I just swing away and nothing happens. Is this a common issue? It makes it hard to want to keep playing when every other fight I die from not being able to do damage?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-06 17:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not an issue I've heard of before.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-06 18:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You haven't targeted the monster. There needs to be a target ring circled around them.
By Ravenn42 2013-09-06 18:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You haven't targeted the monster. There needs to be a target ring circled around them.

no there is a ring. Im not that dumb... I am fighting fine for half the fight and than nothing..

Also when I am on NPC every once in a while I just lock up. I sit there and wait till it says event cancel and try again. It is like a lag/internet issue but I can see other people running around fighting fine.. IDK maybe its just me than
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-09-06 19:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
So this game is frustrating. besides never getting on or timing out I have this other issue.

I start a fight with a mob and all of a sudden I can not damage it. It still hits me but I just swing away and nothing happens. Is this a common issue? It makes it hard to want to keep playing when every other fight I die from not being able to do damage?
The only thing I can think of is that you're running around and going outside of the mob's range. In which it then goes damage immune until it walks back then continues to fight you from full health again.
By Ravenn42 2013-09-06 19:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »

The only thing I can think of is that you're running around and going outside of the mob's range. In which it then goes damage immune until it walks back then continues to fight you from full health again.

I don't run when I fight.. I think its connection issues.. it happens when I interact with everything... I get stuck when I craft also
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-06 19:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Connection issues could certainly do that. Other people aren't being affected by it however so it's probably on your end.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-06 19:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe port forwarding issue? If other PC's are updating on your screen properly (Movement and combat) but your actions aren't properly being registered, it has to be client-side.

I assume you tried the standard process of Reset router-Modem?
By Ravenn42 2013-09-06 20:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I have Netflix going on tv... ffxi going on 1 computer and 14 on the other. Internet is strong.. but 14 seems off. I am on a quest where I count logs my guy been stuck now for 5 min. If internet was bad I would assume id lose connection. I see everyone around me running around like crazy
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-06 20:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I have Netflix going on tv... ffxi going on 1 computer and 14 on the other. Internet is strong.. but 14 seems off. I am on a quest where I count logs my guy been stuck now for 5 min. If internet was bad I would assume id lose connection. I see everyone around me running around like crazy

The next step in Diagnostics is to isolate variables. Try not using your router at all with FFXIV.

Then if possible, try using FFXIV on a different platform off the same connection (PS3 or another PC)

Then try using your current platform on a different connection.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8