Fenrir.Faction
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Faction 2013-09-03 20:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone full time FFXIV?
By daemun 2013-09-03 20:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I do now. It is everything they promised and more. Don't let all the server issue hate get to you, the turnout was beyond what any company could have ever dreamed and that causes stress issues on the equipment.

Graphics are great, story is intriguing, gameplay is fluid and engaging, camaraderie is enlightening.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-09-03 20:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to see the spiritual successor to Final Fantasy XI then give the game a try, you won't be disappointed.

Most of the emotions I've drawn from the game so far come from the nostalgia grenades being lobbed inside my mind. Look! It's a Goobbue, a Pugil, a Soulflayer and omg omgomgomgogmgogmg it's Briareus!
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-09-03 20:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Dungeons have strange strategies, it's amazing. Bosses turning away from you and doing a random attack to alter the battlefield. This game really test your limit when you go deeper. It isn't like FFXI, you actually have to run about a lot. The game is very fast paced and addicting. I even stayed up over 24 hours playing it because it's THAT good.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bozo
Server: Leviathan
user: Bozoffxi
By Leviathan.Bozo 2013-09-03 20:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to get addicted then I highly recommend you to stay away from FFXIV. This game went well beyond everyone expectations.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2013-09-03 20:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having blast with XIV so far. When I started and was exploring I got the same new adventurous feel I did when I started XI. Now I'm 50 doing all the HM stuff, some very fun fights.

Crafting is pretty fun, not just hit button and wait to finish, the more time you put into your single craft the more exp you'll get.

Gathering, eh it's gathering, lol.

Overall great gaming experience, minus the login issues.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-03 20:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I cancelled both my accounts from 11 already, but I was gonna do that even if 14 hadn't come out I was so bored with it (primarily since all my friends quit and MMOs are only as fun as the people you play with).
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-09-03 20:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

every new game is fun for the first few weeks. Then you get bored/cap out and quit. 1/2 the peeps will quit after first month or two.

eventually you learn to not try new games, unless all your friends playing it.

I'm just gonna play those free to play ones from now on, where you don't have to spend 59.99 and get one month free. Prob EQnext.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-09-03 20:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
every new game is fun for the first few weeks. Then you get bored/cap out and quit. 1/2 the peeps will quit after first month or two.

eventually you learn to not try new games, unless all your friends playing it.

FFXIV battlefields completely act all different, they require different strategies than the same system. It's actually impossible for a DPS to tank the NMs since SE balanced the jobs. Without a tank, you're going no where. I pretty much doubt that as long SE adds more fun stuff.

Even leveling a job is fun, You can enter dungeons early as level 15 and get rare equipment.
By daemun 2013-09-03 20:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Joeywheeler said: »
I'm having blast with XIV so far. When I started and was exploring I got the same new adventurous feel I did when I started XI.

I know what assuming does, but I'll do it anyways. I would assume this statement is the very reason the vast majority of XI people (or FF people in general) have dared touch XIV. The nostalgia feeling of the FF world, combined with that truly immersive, overwhelmed feeling we had that first day in Vana'diel is definitely alive and well in Eorzia.

You will be in awe of the wonderful scenery, and drastic changes from one zone (even a mere part of a zone) to the next. You will get that "starter" town feel of the three nations in which you can stay and quest. Quite a few of the same mobs stay static not only from XI, but older FF games; many of which have had no changes aside from being rendered in HD. The races from XI have been taken further, the classes have been honed, with a couple of new additions. Crafting plays a pivotal part in gameplay (and not just to get rich like in XI).

All in all, a recipe for success; a recipe for memories. Many outsiders, and even us insiders think of gaming as a waste of time. If so, what a great way to burn the hours.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-09-03 21:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love all the ff7 references, my sound on tell is an old sound effect from 7
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-03 21:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much a WOW with a final fantasy skin. The story is decent so far, haven't gotten far. It's not a bad game, but not better than XI.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-03 21:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

TL:DR

Minus the login issues which are getting adjusted as I type this, FFXIV is home now. Im having a great time. Im a full on crafting addict. The system is that good. It reminds me of Skyrims Trifecta. You have to dabble in a bit of everything in order to be successful. I can craft and gather for hours, mind you, ive been doing that for like the lat 70 hours and I running out of room. Haha. Autocrafting is useful as ***also (making low tier synths).

Anyways, the starter dungeons are crazy fun. The FATE system is okay, but I will say im in love with the Guildleves/Levequests. For some reason, these give me a FFXI feel. What is it, 3 quests every 6 hours? Either or, its kind of like letting your VW stones fill back up.

Job wise, I went Archer first. The battles are totally interactive. Its not just stand and shoot at a certain distance anymore. Not a fan of not switching out arrows, but unlimted is okay I guess..... Either or, I went EU Phoenix. It wasn't because the NA servers were full, but the EU times are better on par with my every day schedule. Atra Seventree is the name if you see me.

I honestly cant see any MMO being much better than FFXIV right now, with or without subs . They redeemed themselves with this one. The hype was right.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-03 21:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Pretty much a WOW with a final fantasy skin. The story is decent so far, haven't gotten far. It's not a bad game, but not better than XI.

Its had to even compare the two. FFXI Is unique from any MMO out thre. I still miss a lot of the ***from FFXI, but for 2013, FFXIV feels pretty good and up to date. WOW spin-off, I don't think so. Mind you, you can feel the WOW in the atmosphere with all the non FFXI MMO'ers.
[+]
By daemun 2013-09-03 21:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
Mind you, you can feel the WOW in the atmosphere with all the non FFXI MMO'ers.
all the "can I get a res" /sh's

smh
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-03 21:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"LOOKING 4 DPS TOON" *cringe*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-09-03 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was surprised to be the only person to say "hello" when doing dungeons. It's like, while they cannot spell anything to save their life, they don't even know politeness.

I have been very lucky with the connection so I won't complain about that, but the community I have met in-game outside of my GC is bad, just bad.

I have seen so many people say "res", "toon" and other "DPS" when "damage" could have been used, I lost count. I play on Cerberus mainly but I have seen this even on JP servers.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-03 21:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. the community is what i don't like. leveling a low level as mrd i can't even get heals from the arcanist who has infinite mp. but as soon as i die they'll spam it on themselves. or after a fate is over and i'm dead, nobody will raise or even shout for one. i don't like other mmos for similar reasons and its one thing i miss about old ffxi.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2013-09-03 22:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've stuck with referring to my Lalafell as my 'character', toon has never sat well with me. I will say Dps though because that's simply what we were called on Swtor.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-09-03 22:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I agree. the community is what i don't like. leveling a low level as mrd i can't even get heals from the arcanist who has infinite mp. but as soon as i die they'll spam it on themselves. or after a fate is over and i'm dead, nobody will raise or even shout for one. i don't like other mmos for similar reasons and its one thing i miss about old ffxi.
Agreed about the community thing. I'm playing strictly Arcanist both SMN & SCH though so I'd like to think I actually cure people. I am hoping the community does develop a bit more. It was one of the reasons why I stayed with XI as long as I did.

Although I'm pumping extra stats into INT because I favor SMN. I know I can reset it easily enough via Grand Company Seals, but I hope I don't have to.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-03 22:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

leveling a low level as mrd i can't even get heals from the arcanist who has infinite mp. but as soon as i die they'll spam it on themselves. or after a fate is over and i'm dead, nobody will raise or even shout for one. i don't like other mmos for similar reasons and its one thing i miss about old ffxi.

This so much. Im going to make my own FC on Phoenix. I feel like I need to educate the masses on how a FF MMO needs to be played. They just don't get it.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-09-03 22:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So does anyone else do this when they play XIV?

When in Duty Finder dungeons I often call mobs by their XI NM names. The first time the Gigas jump through the wall I yelled Briareus in chat just to see if there were any XI'ers in my party.

Or the tarui in sunken temple of qarn is Bukhis.

There were a few more but im drawing a blank right now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-09-03 22:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgard hasn't been so bad! I kind of blame the weird targeting mechanics in FF14 though. I just started doing Conj and I always see people dying but I have to manually click them (and they're usually running around so it's hard). I'm going to try and fiddle with target filters later because they seem so off for me. It's probably because I'm just used to FF11! I hope you guys can have better luck though, I thought I'd try and explain or seek some advice on the filters! ^^;

FF14 has been a blast so far though! Duty finder is a pretty neat addition! You can seek for a dungeon and actually change jobs and level something else while you wait!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-03 22:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see the target of your target right next to your target's health bar, and just click that.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-09-03 22:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I try my best to keep fellow players alive(if it seems they are struggling), when playing on WHM.

A few times I find random dead people to, and raising that one person is one person that will know you care!

But yeah I can relate to the struggle of targeting people during very crowded instances such as fates, the best thing I can usually do if they don't do massive aoe, is to target them, and click on whoever their person of interest is.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-03 22:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it should be easy to target me that way, because i'm the one to run in and overpower/steel cyclone and have everything on me
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-09-03 22:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd keep you alive until the end of time, mhm /nod.
By Enuyasha 2013-09-03 22:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see the target of your target right next to your target's health bar, and just click that.
How do you do this on PS3 (granted the D-pad usually works wonders) :(

Odin.Minefield said: »
I try my best to keep fellow players alive(if it seems they are struggling), when playing on WHM.

A few times I find random dead people to, and raising that one person is one person that will know you care!

But yeah I can relate to the struggle of targeting people during very crowded instances such as fates, the best thing I can usually do if they don't do massive aoe, is to target them, and click on whoever their person of interest is.
SCH is literally the funnest healer for things like that, but i somehow end up heal spamming my pet then everyone dies :(
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8