First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
 Odin.Uhlquiorra
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sakuhra
By Odin.Uhlquiorra 2013-06-18 08:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
are the ps3 servers up right now? i can't play because it says maintenance since about 24 hours or so. Recently installed it, so haven't got any testing yet.
nein, steht alles im beta forum :P
der nächste test ist von freitag mittag bis sonntag mittag (glaub ab ca. 11 uhr)
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
are the ps3 servers up right now? i can't play because it says maintenance since about 24 hours or so. Recently installed it, so haven't got any testing yet.

I think beta phase 3 for now, only for weekends - Fri to Saturday. Which sucks I know, I am already having signs of withdrawal lol. It is a very good sign when the beta already make people wants to play more.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2013-06-18 08:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we need a code each time for every weekend? Or since we have the client and the code once, we can just log in when they start it on friday?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-18 08:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using my phase 2 code and it works just fine
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 09:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you just log in on weekends and play. They will announce when you can play daily on Phase 3. The amount of fixes they do is staggering. The fact that they LISTEN and address a lot of the problems and giving the players exactly what they want is absurd. I wish FFXI team will learn a lesson or two. The main goal of FF14 seems to do whatever the fans want and requested while still keeping the director's vision and goal intact. And that dude is an actual gamer who create the game he wants to play (based on what is working now in the current gaming landscape). Now that is the person that should handling FF11 - the main joke now is FF11 A Realm Aborted lol.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-18 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a spare EU code for PS3? I'd like to play this weekend with the girlfriend but she didn't get a code either.

Oh and in case it hasn't been posted already (I doubt it but anyway)

Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (06/18/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times
June 21, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
June 21, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
 Bismarck.Dearborn
user: Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-06-18 12:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Some thoughts:

I felt like I was playing FFXI meets Secret of Mana. The colors and movement were addictive and I was level 10 before I knew it simply by following along the storyline and quests.
As you complete the quests, the game takes you further and further outside of the town to explore.
When a quest is available, an icon appears above the NPC on the screen and the map as well. This makes it simple to explore and find quests to complete. The status of quests also appears on the right side of the screen so you can follow your progress.
This makes it much easier to play the game RATHER THAN LOGGING INTO A THIRD PARTY FORUM TO FIND OUT ABOUT A QUEST! For me, it was very frustrating in FFXI to start a quest and have no idea what the next step was. It was often vague (go to this area and click on this ??? but if you didn't read up on it you would be lost) and you get the sense that you have completed an area and done everything the game has to offer.

This really stood out for me.

Second was the battles. You could claim a monster BUT OTHERS CAN STILL ATTACK IT AND HELP YOU KILL IT. When it is red, you have the claim, when it is purple, another person had the claim. It allowed me to complete quests like 'kill 6/6 Opo-opo's' and people get their own drops.

FATE is the third great addition. On your map a giant icon appears (looks to me like a purple spider web) that indicates a FATE event is occuring. As soon as you are in range you are added to the battle. This meant you could gain exp and gold from the battle based upon the level of impact you had on the fight (think FFXI campaigns back in the past). I saw some great bosses and helped kill them while someone else who spawned it from the quest was getting help from all of us without starting a party/alliance.

Which brings me to the last part. I wasn't standing in town watching for shouts with a Invite to Join Party flag up. I'm sure that will come down the road with the end-game content but for a new player to the game, I explored the world, leveled my character, upgraded my gear, met some great people and enjoyed the storyline unfolding through CS's.

I jsut pre-ordered my copy of the game and went insane with boredom when I went back to FFXI this week. This game will be the end of FFXI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-06-18 12:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

More thoughts:

The Auction house has been replaced with a message board that basically does the same thing, except you search by your job and then the inventory piece. It then lists all of the possible items for sale for you under that category. This allowed me to see the future items I would want. I could also simply search by name of the item.

On the PS3 version of the game you click on the L1 or R1 to bring up the attacks. Think of how Dragon Age and Skyrim allow you to set attacks to the different buttons and that is what you have in FFXIV. I was constantly using my different attacks and then adding and replacing new ones to the two menus (R1 had the ability to assign four moves for the direction pad buttons and four moves for the square, triangle, X and circle and L1 had the same so you have plenty of space to work with). I was trying out new moves as they were added and I liked the finishing move addition (move only activated when the mob had 20% or less HP).

Another fabulous addition to the battle was the timers on the added effects/enfeebs/enhancements. As you are fighting a mob, you could see my poison that I inflicted on the mob counting down as an icon below his HP. This was stackable as I could see three different icons from the three different players status' that they had inflicted. It allowed you to track your status and add them back on accordingly, rather than scrolling through the chat window to see '________ is no longer blind.' Another small addition that added to the battle and could help in bigger battles when everyone needs to be accountable.

The map almost teases you to explore. It is beautifully rendered and I would find mysdelf wanting to run deeper into the areas. Another addition was posting the level of the mob with the name. This allowed me to stop and realize that I was entering into an area where mobs would make short work of me.
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I should add that in FF14:

1. You are never lost, at least not for a very long time. The game bend over backwards to spell everything out for you. And the icon cannot be large enough to point out that there is a quest and this is what you should do next. There are so many pointers to let you know where to go and what mobs are in your quest objective.

2. You do a lot of quests for your first job. You can tackle second job and craft job after you reach level 10 and do your first job quests. Then it's a matter of switching weapon and you can become your other jobs - which also come with their respective quests. Hunting Guide has its own level, once you complete one list, a more difficult one will start, which you will need to party with others to complete.

3. Once you level your second jobs, you can use the Hunting Guide which is basically a list of Kill X mob these many times for XP. You constantly move around and never stay in one place for too long. The Hunting Guide mob will have its own icon so you know which one is available. The icon disappears once you completed the quest.

4. FATE will scale depending on how many people are doing it so it won't be too easy or too difficult. Lots of FATE happening all the time, which is great and you will never run out of this. 400 different ones are planned at launch. You can find them easily with your map, it listed how much time left so you know which one is worth your while and what level it is. You will be level capped if you are too high - this way you always get experience and you can help out other people.

5. I have not yet try dungeon but it seems it will be very much similar to WoW dungeon style. Hope the auto join grouping system will be as good as WoW. Instead of AFK and shouting, they will auto sort you to join dungeon. And you can still xp while doing quest. Great addition if I may say, you will never get bored for too long.

6. Crafting is improved tremendously. You get your own spawn point so you do not have to fight with others over resources. It has an auto finder to show you the nearest spot to farm and it replenish quickly. Farming is such a joy and relaxing, no more stress over fighting it out with other people. You can just explore areas and farm at your leisure. Recipe is listed automatically, no more looking at wiki.

7. It is extremely beginner's friendly. You are given many starting gears and more money than you need. Every gear is spelled out so you are not lost. You have separate bags for gears and items. Items are sorted automatically for those of you who are neat freaks.

8. The game is FAST!! You get your flee ability, and it is not 5 mnts cool down. Your walk is basically running speed, so getting to one place to another is a zippy. Everyone can home point every 15 minutes. Everyone can teleport around (using your gil) to any places you have attune to. No more tele taxi. Airship is INSTANT!! The areas are huge - if you like exploring you are in for a treat. It is big and massive with so many nook and crannies and shortcut.

9. Each jobs are capable to solo to some extent. There will be mix and match skills from any jobs you previously leveled so the customization are there. As a healer you are never feel useless and cannot solo, the difficulty will ramp out after level 10 and you better be familiar and creative with how you use your abilities.

10. We also get a director who plays the game, and plays other MMO games :) and will do whatever it takes to please the audience. More hardcore contents are on the pipe. More jobs coming, one new race (Viera it seems) coming soon. Magitek from FF6. Chocobo NPC to help you (can act as tank, healer or dps).

Since I will get the PC for free - I am debating if I should get the collector edition for PS3...$40 more for book, CD, behind the scene dvd, and vanity items (which looks rather nice).
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-18 18:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

this game needs to hurry up and enter open beta X_x so bored.
 Bismarck.Dearborn
By Bismarck.Dearborn 2013-06-18 18:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
this game needs to hurry up and enter open beta X_x so bored.

All in good time! They really seem to be trying to make this the best MMO and as a FF fan we grew up with high expectations.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-18 19:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Warcry has a good series on FFXIV going up right now and through the next week or so, written by someone who very obviously played FFXI (And FFXIV 1.0).
[+]
 Garuda.Finuve
Server: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2013-06-18 19:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
1. You are never lost, at least not for a very long time. The game bend over backwards to spell everything out for you. And the icon cannot be large enough to point out that there is a quest and this is what you should do next. There are so many pointers to let you know where to go and what mobs are in your quest objective.
I think this is what I hate most
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-06-18 19:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Finuve said: »
Easier than having to tab out and check wiki
[+]
 Garuda.Finuve
Server: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2013-06-18 20:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »
easy is the problem, I'm not suggesting tabbing to a wiki is the right design, but this spoonfeeding ***needs to end
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-06-18 20:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

easy is the problem, I'm not suggesting tabbing to a wiki is the right design, but this spoonfeeding ***needs to end

Get over it. No matter how much spoon feeding goes on, if you suck it will show in endgame and group activities.

The point of making it easy for questing is to get your exp quickly and not letting the quests be tedious and at times pointless like they were in FFXI.
By Xenshi 2013-06-18 20:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not spoon feed quests, during the beta, everyone was low to mid level and those quests feel level appropriate for most of the classes. Some even require you to brave through higher level mobs that will aggro and possibly kill you. The moment I knew that the amount of quests we right is when I was two levels high than a normal mob and on THM i thought i was safe from mostly anything it could do, then to my surprise it readied a TP move and one shot me. It's that level of anything can happen at a moments notice that is fresh and exciting for a lot of people. And that (for at least me) is what makes a great game. Thinking that everything is going well then get the taste slapped outta ya.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-18 21:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Who really cares if a quest tells you were to go and there are markers showing you where to go?

I never found it to be fun or a challenge or rewarding to try and decipher whatever cryptic crap an NPC told me to try and figure out what to do for a quest.

Plus in an MMO you take up so many quests that it can be hard to remember which one needs what.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-18 21:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Who really cares if a quest tells you were to go and there are markers showing you where to go?

I never found it to be fun or a challenge or rewarding to try and decipher whatever cryptic crap an NPC told me to try and figure out what to do for a quest.

Plus in an MMO you take up so many quests that it can be hard to remember which one needs what.

This 100%. I tend to grab every quest i can while in town so i can blow em all out at once
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-19 01:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because the quest log is very user friendly does not mean it will do the killing for you lol. It merely hinted where you should go next for that particular quest, you still have to find the mob in that area, and for some quests, you need to do a bit of a searching. As you get to higher level - these quests get trickier and will often result in death. Mobs will gang up on you, even with decent auto regen and minikin style of refresh, you will run out of mp and you better be quick with that ether. The guide does not tell you how to kill the mobs, you need to figure it out, or die trying, over and over until you know when to avoid their special attack, or be fast with healing the npc.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-19 02:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

10. We also get a director who plays the game, and plays other MMO games :) and will do whatever it takes to please the audience. More hardcore contents are on the pipe. More jobs coming, one new race (Viera it seems) coming soon. Magitek from FF6. Chocobo NPC to help you (can act as tank, healer or dps).

I want Bangaa D:
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-19 02:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »

Shitty directions are for Single Player games when you're not on anyone's time but your own anyway.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-19 02:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I want Bangaa D:

How about Moogle :) Moogle Knight would be awesome!! It's an overdose of cuteness. I am very curious on how they handle Magitek Armor battle, or the Chocobo battle, would it be Colloseum? PvP is coming by the way, so that would be a first for FF.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-19 02:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to have Mog as a companion D:
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-19 02:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to have Mog as a companion D:

You probably will, as vanity item or pet minion, pre-order will be getting Caith Sith and Baby Behemot. I can see moogle and many other cute FF staple mascot coming in the near future. Sorry I misspelled, it's late :)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-19 02:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

where did you see baby bahamut O.o

i thought it was behemoth chocobo barding.
 Odin.Uhlquiorra
user: Sakuhra
By Odin.Uhlquiorra 2013-06-19 10:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Link
this is the "baby behemot mini pet" but tbh it kinda looks like a pig >_>
[+]
By DracoFox 2013-06-20 10:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an extra NA code that I can give to my friend?
 Quetzalcoatl.Candi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: DM
By Quetzalcoatl.Candi 2013-06-20 21:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Played both the ps3 and pc version. The frame rate on ps3 is pretty bad atm.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-06-20 21:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Uhlquiorra said: »

Link
this is the "baby behemot mini pet" but tbh it kinda looks like a pig >_>

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23