user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-06-04 14:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

06-04-2013 12:46 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Geomancer and Rune Fencer Artifact Equipment

As we mentioned previously, artifact armor for both geomancer and rune fencer will be implemented during the next version update.

The plan is to release this new equipment for level 99 and I would like to explain why the development team decided to do this.

First, one reason is that Adoulin content is for level 99+ and as such the monsters in those areas are extremely high level, and trying to acquire level 50-60 gear in these areas just doesn't make sense.

The other major reason is that most of you are looking forward to wearing these new artifact armors to do battle with the monsters that lurk in Adoulin areas, so the development team made the decision to implement them at the proper level in which they can be used.

Item-level wise we are planning for these to be at least level 105, but as it is still in development, it may change.

With that said, the quest difficulty will match the item-level, so you might feel a bit nostalgic having to organize parties to hunt down this gear, much like you all had to do back in the day for your first artifact sets.
Subscribe

06-06-2013 2:22 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Asura.Sechs (Zhronne) said: »
Does this mean that RUN and GEO won't get Relic armor and Empyreal armor?

In the next version update, only geomancer and rune fencer artifact armor will be added.

As Camate mentioned previously, this gear is for level 99 (item level 105), so while the term artifact is used, you can consider that it will be more powerful than that of the level 50-60 artifact for other jobs.

We'll keep you posted on information about other equipment for these jobs as it becomes available!
Subscribe

06-17-2013 01:57 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone,

I have a bit of information to share with you about in regards to rune fencer and geomancer artifact equipment.

• About the quest to obtain artifact equipment
    The quest monsters you will need to fight in order to obtain rune fencer and geomancer artifact equipment will be a trigger popped monster.

In the next version update we will be adding item level 106 weapons and armor which can be purchased with Bayld, so by possessing these items, or Skirmish grade weapons (level 105), these quests can be undertaken with less than 6 people.

As many of you have been wondering, just like previous artifact equipment quests, these new quests will begin with the artifact weapon. Rune fencers will receive a nice shiny great sword, while geomancers will receive a club and bell. These will be roughly the same item level as the equipment.

• Item level for rune fencer and geomancer artifact equipment
    Previously we had mentioned that the item level for rune fencer and geomancer artifact equipment would be 105; however, due to the fact that we will be implementing the Bayld items mentioned above, we have decided to change the level to 109.

• Rune fencer and geomancer job-specific equipment
    We'll introduce relic and empyrean armor for rune fencer and geomancer in the future.

Subscribe
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-04 14:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this means other jobs will get AF+2 :|

I can dream...I can dream.
[+]
By Tsol 2013-06-04 14:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They may end up adding in new gear for each job later on as the content level increases, but I'm glad that they decided to go this direction.
[+]
 Shiva.Taruzhul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zhul
By Shiva.Taruzhul 2013-06-04 14:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

"With that said, the quest difficulty will match the item-level, so you might feel a bit nostalgic having to organize parties to hunt down this gear, much like you all had to do back in the day for your first artifact sets."

Okay that is all I needed to hear. If I can't solo/duo it, I'm not going to bother. Too little too late anyways.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-06-04 14:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no I can't solo the entire MMO, better not do the unsoloable content
[+]
By Chyula 2013-06-04 14:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Need gold box with empy gears.
 Shiva.Taruzhul
user: Zhul
By Shiva.Taruzhul 2013-06-04 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew some smart *** would jump on the obvious MMO comment. I started the game in 2004, I know how things were. I have too many real life responsibilities these days to rely on the help of others so the new solo friendly ffxi has been a blessing. To each his own, enjoy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-04 14:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I second the idea of how cool it'd be if they made AF4 type gear for each job with an associated quest similar to the above with equivalent level at 105 (or even slightly higher).
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2013-06-04 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Zhul get over it. lmfao

Seeing as though I'm the only serious GEO in my LS, I'm sure my LS mates will help me get the AF quests done.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-06-04 14:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Taruzhul said: »
I knew some smart *** would jump on the obvious MMO comment. I started the game in 2004, I know how things were. I have too many real life responsibilities these days to rely on the help of others so the new solo friendly ffxi has been a blessing. To each his own, enjoy.

Must have started in 2004, because you're willing to use the "I started in X" defense.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, you're totally right about different strokes for different folks, and I am only being a smartass. It's just fun to see someone post a passive-aggressive complaint about something not fitting their needs, then defend it with "to each his own."
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-04 15:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i DO hope people come away from "RUN/GEO are useless jobs" enough to help people get the AF :<

and i hope the Relic/Empyrean gear are awesome :<
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-04 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
i DO hope people come away from "RUN/GEO are useless jobs" enough to help people get the AF :<

and i hope the Relic/Empyrean gear are awesome :<

I am not holding my breath for Relic/Empy
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-04 15:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad they are doing this. Releasing specialized gear that would never get used and be born obsolete would kinda suck. If it was level 50-60 it'd 1-2 macro pieces at best like it is for most jobs.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-04 15:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing about this that bothers me is:

1. OCD part of me is tearing hair out
2. My other 20 jobs are jelly
[+]
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-06-04 15:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't buy the
Siren.Kalilla said: »
The other major reason is that most of you are looking forward to wearing these new artifact armors to do battle with the monsters that lurk in Adoulin areas, so the development team made the decision to implement them at the proper level in which they can be used.

Only select AF pieces were best in slot full-time pieces back in the day, and some never got used (unless you couldn't afford real pieces). And now a days certain jobs still were certain relic +2 pieces even though they're lvl90 in lvl99 content. No you don't full-time them, but what gear seriously gets full-timed besides weapons?
By itchi508 2013-06-04 15:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
06-04-2013 12:46 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Geomancer and Rune Fencer Artifact Equipment

As we mentioned previously, artifact armor for both geomancer and rune fencer will be implemented during the next version update.

The plan is to release this new equipment for level 99 and I would like to explain why the development team decided to do this.

First, one reason is that Adoulin content is for level 99+ and as such the monsters in those areas are extremely high level, and trying to acquire level 50-60 gear in these areas just doesn't make sense.

Item-level wise we are planning for these to be at least level 105, but as it is still in development, it may change.

With that said, the quest difficulty will match the item-level, so you might feel a bit nostalgic having to organize parties to hunt down this gear, much like you all had to do back in the day for your first artifact sets.
Subscribe
Kinda stupid they are not making 50-60 AF as well, not everyone leachs there jobs like SE intended. Some have patients & enjoy the grind. in which some gear enhancing your /ja or /ma would be nice at those LVs to help you get to & past 75 and on to 99. Like (AF & Relic)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-06-04 15:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought this was stats. Am sad.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-06-04 15:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sanders said: »
Thought this was stats. Am sad.
They never release the stats until the very last moment, or they wait until we dat mine and post it everywhere.
By Lizk 2013-06-04 15:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just the AF1 is going to be 99? What about the relic and empy gear?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2013-06-04 15:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully the quests are fun, maybe with a little lore thrown in and not just something like having the gear drop from soul pyres at infuriatingly low rates.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-06-04 15:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lizk said: »
So, just the AF1 is going to be 99? What about the relic and empy gear?

I would assume they're going to give GEO-RUN less sets. Especially RUN, because even SE has no idea what to do with that job.

Laziness/practicality/blahblah I just wanna dress like Yojimbo rock hard.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-04 15:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Kinda stupid they are not making 50-60 AF as well, not everyone leachs there jobs like SE intended. Some have patients & enjoy the grind. in which some gear enhancing your /ja or /ma would be nice at those LVs to help you get to & past 75 and on to 99. Like (AF & Relic)

How dare they not create five useless pieces of equipment

Are people serious right now? Can we not encourage them to spend additional resources on equipment that 99% of the playerbase would never take out of storage?
[+]
By Lizk 2013-06-04 15:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

How dare they not create five useless pieces of equipment

Are people serious right now? Can we not encourage them to spend additional resources on equipment that 99% of the playerbase would never take out of storage?

There are people who have been waiting for the AF to continue with the job. I just wanted to wear something nice while doing it :(
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-04 15:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Some have patients

Sadly, I fear this is more about "lets make 1 ok to use set instead of 3 meh sets" at the moment. I'm not sure the current team could develop a Polaroid picture in less than 3 months.....
[+]
By Tsol 2013-06-04 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN and GEO probably won't have Relic/Empy gear like all of the other jobs. Does it suck? Maybe. But let's be honest. These jobs were designed with higher tier content in mind. It doesn't make any sense to back fill equipment just for the sake of uniformity. Why make gear that'll never get used in the modern FFXI schema?

It's the same concept as to why ToAU jobs and WotG jobs didn't get added to relic weapons. Those jobs weren't designed for them. Yes, they got gear but at the time jobs were capped at 75, there was no abyssea and everyone still went through the exp grind. It made sense to add that gear with how the game was being played.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-06-04 15:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure people are willing to help one another out for new gear. If you don't want to deal with other either dual or triple box or get delve gear.

Actually there's only a select few pieces you would full time usually and it's in the form of accessories.

I hope they add useful relic pieces to dyna so it boosts up the attendance as well as empryean. Long ways to go though.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-06-04 15:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind so much doing a hard quest and BCNM, if the reward is that sexy hat...

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-06-04 15:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The only solution I can think of that would make both sides happy is to introduce AF for 50-60, adding the AF+1 pieces to Limbus making the armor level 74, and finally introducing an AF+2 system that would bring the armor to level 99 (or like they said, level 105 item-level wise). You could do what they did in Dynamis and make it easier to upgrade to +2 if you already had the +1 version.

It would delay it by an update or two, but it would give everyone the option to have it at the levels they want.

But at the rate SE works, it would take 6-10 months just to do this... so I'd prefer that they stay on track and just introduce the equipment for level 99.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-06-04 15:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing the dev post, I'm hoping the stats are really neat for RUN & GEO. I'm really into playing RUN
By itchi508 2013-06-04 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They should do AF1 AF2 AF3 & Relic for the jobs regardless if its "useless" people still play in old school partys, in fact most LS & friends i no have been LV there new jobs old school, so screw them? I dont see how making AF LV 99 is even a respectable decision. As they say theres no LV 50-60 mobs in SoA well no ***but how do you LV from 1-90? (Basic exp partys, Or Leaching in Aby)

Its pure lazyness imo & showing how much attention & thought they really give to XI.

"Eh lets just make LV 99 AF screw the rest, i dont feel like making more gear"

i no SE says dammit theres still people Lv old school wtf is wrong with you people we made Aby so you wouldn't have to!!!

Put some god dam effort to the game stop making poor lazy *** descisons, we all pay to play and get ripped off with every update with all these ***ideas they day dream up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8