First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2013-06-04 20:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »
I couldn't give two *** when I get the gear as long as there is a neat little story attached to them and they aren't simple NM drops.

Back af AF level I remember taking 18 people to get my DRK helm, it was fun and exciting! Coffers...not so much.

Don't *** this up, SE.

I couldn't agree more. I used to not care about the story at all but now its the thing I've been looking forward to the most and this expansion has been WoTG v2. I just hope it isn't years for the story.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-06-04 21:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »
I couldn't give two *** when I get the gear as long as there is a neat little story attached to them and they aren't simple NM drops.

Back af AF level I remember taking 18 people to get my DRK helm, it was fun and exciting! Coffers...not so much.

Don't *** this up, SE.

coffers were the best...as long as you wasn't the last guy to get a key in a coffer party. One by one each person that says they'll stay for everyone then wins a key and *GASP* suddenly has to go! Ooops.
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-06-04 21:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
coffers were the best...as long as you wasn't the last guy to get a key in a coffer party. One by one each person that says they'll stay for everyone then wins a key and *GASP* suddenly has to go! Ooops.

I was.

Every time.

:(
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-04 22:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had known that they would throw a curveball like that, I would've burned my geo to 99. >.>
 Lye
By Lye 2013-06-04 22:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont' follow. Did you leave your Geo/run at level 60 or something?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-04 22:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems that isn't isolated, which boggles my mind considering how useless most AF is even in your 50's, 60's, and 70's
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-05 06:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
I dont' follow. Did you leave your Geo/run at level 60 or something?

I left geo at 22 due to it feeling incomplete without af gear. I was hoping that if they released af, it'd be at least a couple of pieces that i'd like as macro pieces. Sure I can still do that now, but i kinda didn't want to burn that job 30-99 in 2 days either, ya know?

Some people just wanna take their time; and those are the kinds that got royally screwed here. As for me? *sigh* I do want to play with GEO some more, but I don't wanna be naked doing it (ughtealmakesmecry).
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-05 06:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How do people have time to slowly lvl anything? I play for probably 9 or so hrs a day and I have WAAAAAAY to much to do and not enough time to do any of it...
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-05 06:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
How do people have time to slowly lvl anything? I play for probably 9 or so hrs a day and I have WAAAAAAY to much to do and not enough time to do any of it...

Well, most of my time for the past few months has been spent getting blu spells and getting to floor 100 in Old Nyzul. I have quite a bit of downtime (between yelling at a Terrible Twoer) now that I'm down to 48 spells to learn. I also am a bit apprehensive about doing plasm farms because essentially the only KI I have is one that is useful for one job that I have at 99 (dnc) and they're not useful in delve themselves. x.x

So I have time until someone calls me in to work.
By Pantafernando 2013-06-05 07:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sad that dont seen its se plans to upgrade others job equipments. While geo/run can have af lv99 all the other will need to bear with empy+2 lv 87...
Very suited to do lv120 events...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-06-05 07:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Just sad that dont seen its se plans to upgrade others job equipments. While geo/run can have af lv99 all the other will need to bear with empy+2 lv 87...
Very suited to do lv120 events...

maybee they will +3 it >_>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-05 07:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
i DO hope people come away from "RUN/GEO are useless jobs" enough to help people get the AF :<

and i hope the Relic/Empyrean gear are awesome :<

GEO isn't useless atm, but RUN is meh.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-05 07:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the RUN AF is really good because Thaumas Coat + Big Sword looks hideous.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-05 07:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote: »
having to organize parties to hunt down this gear, much like you all had to do back in the day for your first artifact sets.
They also said this about Salvage II and it's pretty simple to dualbox with 2 char.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-05 07:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Enuyasha said: »
i DO hope people come away from "RUN/GEO are useless jobs" enough to help people get the AF :<

and i hope the Relic/Empyrean gear are awesome :<

GEO is far from useless atm and is sought for certain fights being able to add the geo buffs and debuffs stacked on brds and cors buffs is a wonderful thing and making taking down delve bosses even easier. I still can't think of one thing I will ever bring a RUN out to do sadly...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-05 07:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I can at least SEE a use for it, or at least where they intended it to be used. While we were fighting the T-Rex I was thinking about the bosses being the single element affinities.

I don't have the luxury of being back at the dawn of the game with RUN where we used to throw whatever wild ideas at the wall until one stuck. I'd really like to try using RUN as a backup/cotank instead for an event but I don't see convincing the other 17 people who I have to "share the boat with" to let it happen (not to mention SE has to finish restoring my account first).
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-05 07:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN has its uses but in endgame, not so much until someone taps into its abilities and such. I know that their magic defenses can be buffed as such that they can hit 200+ to any given element (without other buffs). Granted, I only know this much because my husband is an addict to useless jobs (or used to be useless jobs) so he leveled RUN to 99.

GEO does have their uses, I will admit that. Can't wait for the aura adjustment though--when you have 53720473075 GEO's skilling up in one place...LAG ALL THE THINGS.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-05 07:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If they want RUNs to be useful as a tank they'll have to fix the overall tank problems. PLD Aegischain is nearly invincible and people still don't care to take them to tank all that often- half the time they take them to hold a bunch of monster and reraise over and over. That's not really tanking.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-05 08:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't something coming down the chute to test-server with more and more enmity adjustments?
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2013-06-05 08:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Isn't something coming down the chute to test-server with more and more enmity adjustments?

Swear they've been saying that for the past year.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-05 08:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
If they want RUNs to be useful as a tank they'll have to fix the overall tank problems. PLD Aegischain is nearly invincible and people still don't care to take them to tank all that often- half the time they take them to hold a bunch of monster and reraise over and over. That's not really tanking.

Hey who else gonna do it when we farm phasm lol pld wanted a use and now in almost every delve run we take 2 lol....
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-06-05 09:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Taruzhul said: »
I knew some smart *** would jump on the obvious MMO comment. I started the game in 2004, I know how things were. I have too many real life responsibilities these days to rely on the help of others so the new solo friendly ffxi has been a blessing. To each his own, enjoy.
Tell em why you mad son...
 Asura.Thannatos
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-06-05 10:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, didn't they say they were going to upgrade the Rajas ring to scale at 99? lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-05 10:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They say a lot of things.
 Asura.Thannatos
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-06-05 10:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

True. I would like to keep my Rajas valid though, and these new rings are looking close to surpassing it. After all, a snake-eating-its-own-tail ring is badass.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-05 10:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that is good news I dont want to be getting level 50-60 gear thats near enough useless then getting equally useless gear at 71-75 then get the good stuff at 81-89.
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2013-06-05 10:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I woke up bitter.. so that's why my post is negative.

Should of gave RUNs abilities to RDM

Should of gave GEO abilities to SCH

Should give SMNs a new Moogle avatar so party members can check their storage anywhere and even change jobs in the field: BRILLIANT!!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-05 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »

Hey who else gonna do it when we farm phasm lol pld wanted a use and now in almost every delve run we take 2 lol....

Why. Just take one PLD, or one BST, full time twilight gear, and keep Reraising to keep the NMs on you. Once the wall drops to the tier 4 and 5, have someone sac pull them near the PLD so he can Reraise aggro all 5 NMs. Lets you add another DD in place of the second PLD, and no need to have a Mage keep an eye on them in case they are having issues.
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-05 11:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »

Why. Just take one PLD, or one BST, full time twilight gear, and keep Reraising to keep the NMs on you. Once the wall drops to the tier 4 and 5, have someone sac pull them near the PLD so he can Reraise aggro all 5 NMs. Lets you add another DD in place of the second PLD, and no need to have a Mage keep an eye on them in case they are having issues.

This is what I usually do when I form a plasm farm party, but for shigs I decided just to hop in someone else's PUG one day. Well, get this...2 PLDs 2 WHMs and 1 RDM consisted of the 'holding' party, with only 1 main room party and 1 roaming party (Morimar). When I offered the advice of just having 1 PLD hold and sac all the NMs and open up 4 other slots for DD/support I was met with the resistance of "this is how the JP do it". Needless to say, the run ended with a mere 4.5K plasm.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-05 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

All of my +

I always thought sacing was a cheap easy-way-out to Plasm Farming, and frankly it's just lame and causes chaos when the sacer *** it up (like I did at one point, but for good reason)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8