[Dev] GEO and RUN Artifact Equipment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2013-06-04 15:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 > /yell [RUN/GEO Farming item] {Do you need it?} R/M/E/D weapon DD <can I have it?>

Lets be honest guys, we all know this is going to happen.
[+]
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2013-06-04 15:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomagnetic Lampshade
 Bismarck.Shalinala
Server: Bismarck
user: mdkubit
By Bismarck.Shalinala 2013-06-04 15:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at this point, with the obvious design intent to "speed up" the pacing of the game overall, I can understand dropping AF gear in at iLvl 105 to make it appear useful. That also does reduce the time investment for upgrades regardless of how you level, not to mention the cost.

I think it's a good change of pace for new gear.

"Oh no, my 11 year old online game is different now! *gasp*"
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-06-04 15:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
They should do AF1 AF2 AF3 & Relic for the jobs regardless if its "useless" people still play in old school partys, in fact most LS & friends i no have been LV there new jobs old school, so screw them? I dont see how making AF LV 99 is even a respectable decision. As they say theres no LV 50-60 mobs in SoA well no ***but how do you LV from 1-90? (Basic exp partys, Or Leaching in Aby)

Its pure lazyness imo & showing how much attention & thought they really give to XI.

"Eh lets just make LV 99 AF screw the rest, i dont feel like making more gear"

i no SE says dammit theres still people Lv old school wtf is wrong with you people we made Aby so you wouldn't have to!!!

Put some god dam effort to the game stop making poor lazy *** descisons, we all pay to play and get ripped off with every update with all these ***ideas they day dream up.

waste of funds to do ***for less than .5% of the playerbase
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-04 15:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight said: »
inb4 > /yell [RUN/GEO Farming item] {Do you need it?} R/M/E/D weapon DD <can I have it?>

I still like how everyone thinks plasm weapons are the Delve weapons. lelelel
 Bismarck.Shalinala
user: mdkubit
By Bismarck.Shalinala 2013-06-04 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There will always be someone "left behind" in MMO development. You can't get around that at all without having your game stagnate. It doesn't make it suck less for those who feel that way, but it's better for the game overall to keep trudging forwards.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-06-04 15:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah so much for just coalition xp'n my Rune to 50 and waiting. I personally can go either way on how they decide to implement the artifact gear...Welp my sympathies to all the lost mismatched gear folk grinding up to 99, BUT by narrowing it to just the 99 gear, SE is only going to get 10 chances to not screw this one up big time, as opposed to some breathing room throwaway tier AF1/2/empy/ all those cool +'s Which could have also sparked interest in going back to old content for folks!
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2013-06-04 15:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight said: »

I still like how everyone thinks plasm weapons are the Delve weapons. lelelel

I just quoted what I see often in /yells, now the point doesn't change (plasm or Delve) you will see that kind of yelles if the NMs/Mobs to kill are HL.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-04 16:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The fun thing is when people are saying "they are only releasing Artifact sets!"

They said they are releasing Artifact,Relic,and Empyrean sets at some point :< This just happens to be the update for Artifact gear :<
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-04 16:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm the only serious GEO in my LS,
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Are people serious right now?
Carbuncle.Chibiclone said: »
what gear seriously gets full-timed besides weapons?

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-04 16:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty excited for the geo AF!
By Enuyasha 2013-06-04 16:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I'm pretty excited for the geo AF!
cant wait to go on a holy pilgrimage to all the ergon locus!(you know its coming!)
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-06-04 18:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
The fun thing is when people are saying "they are only releasing Artifact sets!"

They said they are releasing Artifact,Relic,and Empyrean sets at some point :< This just happens to be the update for Artifact gear :<
It's true. At no point did they say they weren't planning on releasing relic and af3 gear. All I read is that for this specific update, they're releasing AF1. People are just jumping to conclusions and assuming that they're only releasing one set, kinda like how people assumed the af gear would be level 52-60. How well did that work out?

I was just saying in recent days that, in regards to the new jobs, specifically their mythic weapons, there is really no reason to assume SE is going to follow the old pattern. It's an old pattern from an old era and an old producer, and it has already proved strikingly clear, to me at least, that the ground rules set down by Tanaka have little to no sway on the way Matsui does things. At this point I think guesses and theories are safer than assumptions.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 19:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only expect SE to make the quest NMs Delve-Boss Difficult at this point of the game, and who the hell is going to do AF quests for RUN with the state it's in? >_>

I don't mind a challenge, but if that challenge makes it unable for even the hardiest of players to get their AF, something's ***. I just have a lot of mixed feelings on this decision I guess. Hopefully these quests won't take too much effort to do, I was really excited to get my GEO AF until this announcement. Now it just sounds like it'll be a chore, and I normally don't like asking for help in the game. x_x
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-04 19:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can join a shout group for Delve I think you can handle teaming up with 5 other people to fight a NM for AF.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-04 19:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also this was entirely expected. SE showed a teaser screenshot of GEO AF equipped a while back and it was listed as 99 GEO.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 19:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally do delve with an LS, actually. Plus I had a bad experience sacing in one shout, so if I have to join a shout I just look for the ones needing DDs or GEO.

Preferably i'd like to team up with friends for the AF quests. I'm just worried about the difficulty of the quest NMs more or less, or if I'm going to have to team up with a bunch of stupids to do so
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-04 19:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilevel105 implies it'll probably be about as hard as Skirmish, somewhere around that anyway.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 19:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thank goodness, that's tolerable then

And despite not knowing that GEO AF was 99 (I must have missed the parts where it was shown), I wasn't phased either for some reason O_o
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-04 19:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Your LS will help you then, or perhaps you need a new LS!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-04 19:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Oh thank goodness, that's tolerable then

And despite not knowing that GEO AF was 99 (I must have missed the parts where it was shown), I wasn't phased either for some reason O_o

Oh, it was on JP twitter I think.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-06-04 19:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Donno if it's been said. But it seems like a good future excuse to not make relic / empy sets for said jobs.

"We made the AF lvl 99, so that you wouldn't want/need empy/relic sets"
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-04 19:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They have concept art for relic/empyrean armor for them already, so dunno.

I'll be angry if I don't get my GEO parka
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-06-04 19:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
They should do AF1 AF2 AF3 & Relic for the jobs regardless if its "useless" people still play in old school partys, in fact most LS & friends i no have been LV there new jobs old school, so screw them? I dont see how making AF LV 99 is even a respectable decision. As they say theres no LV 50-60 mobs in SoA well no ***but how do you LV from 1-90? (Basic exp partys, Or Leaching in Aby)

Its pure lazyness imo & showing how much attention & thought they really give to XI.

"Eh lets just make LV 99 AF screw the rest, i dont feel like making more gear"

i no SE says dammit theres still people Lv old school wtf is wrong with you people we made Aby so you wouldn't have to!!!

Put some god dam effort to the game stop making poor lazy *** descisons, we all pay to play and get ripped off with every update with all these ***ideas they day dream up.
so there still ppl w/ no life that rather lvl slow that go to a worm party and key coffers or pay a FC party?..
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-04 19:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Your LS will help you then, or perhaps you need a new LS!
Well, I do have connections!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-04 19:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Donno if it's been said. But it seems like a good future excuse to not make relic / empy sets for said jobs.

"We made the AF lvl 99, so that you wouldn't want/need empy/relic sets"

Yeah, they totally already made concept art for Relic/Empyrean just so they could skip it.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-04 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well keep in mind theae are the same guys that have had Frog, Bio V, and Utsusemi: San in the game files for god knows how long
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-04 19:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Well keep in mind theae are the same guys that have had Frog, Bio V, and Utsusemi: San in the game files for god knows how long
but those are mob only spells at the moment :< (i specifically remember them addressing Utsusemi: San as "nah bro,not gunna happen")
 Bismarck.Mephilas
user: Mephilas
By Bismarck.Mephilas 2013-06-04 19:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy to please everyone. Make relic that scale with your level a la Rajas Ring.
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-06-04 20:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care when I'll get the gear as long as there is a neat little story attached to them and they aren't simple NM drops!

Back at AF level I remember taking 18 people to get my DRK helm, it was fun and exciting! Coffers...not so much.

Don't mess this up, SE.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8