Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Scrambles
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Fledfire
By Cerberus.Scrambles 2012-05-15 17:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious as to how much currency I could pull in solo in dreamlands with average thief gear, no empy/relic, obviously /dnc. Reason I ask is that I want to make some money and potentially work towards a relic later on. My BST is 9 so I'd rather not level it and be another one of the many perle bsts running around. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-15 17:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd guess anywhere between 100-200 singles, depending on competition and the strength of your THF.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-05-15 17:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scrambles said: »
Curious as to how much currency I could pull in solo in dreamlands with average thief gear, no empy/relic, obviously /dnc. Reason I ask is that I want to make some money and potentially work towards a relic later on. My BST is 9 so I'd rather not level it and be another one of the many perle bsts running around. Thanks!

bless your soul
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-15 18:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

200+ is a reasonable goal for a solo THF. If you hit 250, you're doing really well.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2012-05-15 19:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scrambles said: »

If you'd put some work into the job, you wouldnt have to be a perle nub.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-16 04:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

on a good run ive gotten 190+ a few times solo thf. I got empy and what I would say is very decent gear.

On the flip side though a ls friend whos thf is well.... not greatly geared struggled to kill stuff quick enough and didn't even scrape 100.

If your going to go thf level dagger merit ws if no daka or empy and gear accordingly. settling for just af3 armour isnt going to get you 150+ coins

Use decent att food aswell hydras kofte, dragon steak, yellow curry, or marbled steak those kind of things. It makes a huge difference on DoT dmg and of course ws over the duration and you will get more coins out of it.

Also if marksmanship skill is good acid bolts rock also.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-16 08:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried dreamlands on thf but I tried some dc mobs in sandy and my thf failed hardcore then again it's very crap gear...

I haven't tried sandy on bst yet but dyna-bubu, I get around 70+- as a perle, been working on upgrading it though so I haven't been in dyna in a few weeks, still need better gear, but my axes are almost done :D (stupid weather).
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-16 21:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't farmed dynamis in over a month, but the last time I did it on THF, was averaging about 300ish/run give or take. No relics or Empy's. Just Aluh Jambiya Main/AGI Thokcha off hand.

But I always used RCB throughout the run. Faster kills =/= more coins.

I think my best run was somewhere around 320ish.

I usually did Bubu since it seemed more simplistic than the other 2 zones.

Just keep in mind every second counts in there.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 02:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

320 in a run.... that's interesting... that's a 100 drop off a nm because I can not see how you possibly get over 300 on thf spamming extenerator.

I am by no means slow in dynamis avg ws doing 3k+ on a mob which is more than enough to kill things quickly and 200 coins is best I have done with low competition.

I would like to know your methods on getting that high because I don't believe it right now tbh.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-05-17 03:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

320 seems rather quite high to be getting if thats constantly/on average. Ive had several runs solo on THF where ive managed to leech TE and start very soon after entry with low competition using flourish/step/bully everytime they are up. As well as auto engaging new targets and keeping travel distance to a minimal and I still max around 260, 90 of each if im lucky. Well tbh I say lucky ive gone through 6mins 2 bully timers without seeing proc, I usually engage another mob and take it to low hp if one isnt procing then get a 3rd then if none still arent procing kill them all off. Im sure Im just really unlucky on procs but someone mentioned 250 is good so I guess im doing ok you cant really help proc luck, but 320 ... and consistently? ... hmmmm

Best off hand solo dagger should be oynos, ive not even bothered making str dagger yet until mandau is done twash/oynos if you arent getting hasted.

Stealing berserk from dhalmels is pretty cool 1700 attack is nice assuming you dont then get stuck on a mob which doesnt proc, which is usually what happens after you steal it.

I wouldnt bother swapping raider's boomerang for the use of acid bolts as previously mentioned though.

Ill just edit this post instead of making a new one, "thf is the worst dd job especially solo" made me laugh thf/dnc and dnc no sub is easily best duo job combo for dc's in dyna, evis >> rudra should kill anything outright after proc. If anything the way the procing system works the dd job that gets favoured in dynamis is thief. It gives lower dps than say monk without destroying the mob before its proc'd but at same time getting ***loads of tp and sa timer usually comes back up if mob is procing slow.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-05-17 03:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

100-200 is pretty normal for thf/dnc lately depending on competition and proc luck. If you can get access to a healer mule that will help you a lot. I got really lucky the other night and landed 2 jadeshells in about 10 minutes off random NM's. Ended that run with just under 400 coins total. Without 100's I've never broke 200. Just too damn crowded in there some nights and you got people pulling everything way the hell away and sleepga it. I found EP birds in Bubu on the opposite side of the map near the beach where Onzozo entrance is. A blm/whm + thf/dnc (2 box) had them all slept.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-17 05:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
320 in a run.... that's interesting... that's a 100 drop off a nm because I can not see how you possibly get over 300 on thf spamming extenerator.

I am by no means slow in dynamis avg ws doing 3k+ on a mob which is more than enough to kill things quickly and 200 coins is best I have done with low competition.

I would like to know your methods on getting that high because I don't believe it right now tbh.
The ~275 range is pretty attainable. 300 isn't that far off, though it does sound lofty to me for an *average*.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 05:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »

The ~275 range is pretty attainable. 300 isn't that far off, though it does sound lofty to me for an *average*.

275 singles on thf without 100's?

again I never usually discount things straight off but I do raise my eyebrow when things seem iffy. If there is a method of being far more effective id like to understand it, as it will then mean I can perform better.

I mean 300 singles would have to be one hell of a run with procs happening quick everytime you fight something.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-17 05:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »

275 singles on thf without 100's?

again I never usually discount things straight off but I do raise my eyebrow when things seem iffy. If there is a method of being far more effective id like to understand it, as it will then mean I can perform better.

I mean 300 singles would have to be one hell of a run with procs happening quick everytime you fight something.
yeah, it happens but I can understand your skepticism. I don't really know what to suggest other than "try really hard." Every little thing counts and time=money in there. It's never felt like my duo's currency totals could go up substantially more but the number consistently climbs with little improvements here and there. A week ago our numbers were 483/48, 487/38, 495/32, 502/39 for an average of 492/39. I have a friend who got 278 in Bubu today on THF solo and my gear is better than his, so I should be able to do better but I hate soloing.

30 seconds in there should be about 2.5 currency and if you think about it this way and do everything you can to go faster, the numbers will go up.
 Valefor.Billyd
Server: Valefor
user: billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2012-05-17 06:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So is this just straight DD setups and forgetting about TH gears?
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 06:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense I don't think tactically then I am doing anything wrong its just pull stuff that bit earlier and hope for minimal competition.

Its very rare though that im in an area with 0 people in the camp or say 1-2 others so il take 200 as a respectable figure which as a consensuses here seems decent.

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some glaring thing I was missing.

Thanks for the input.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-17 06:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Billyd said: »
So is this just straight DD setups and forgetting about TH gears?

you don't use thf knife in dynamis if that's what your suggesting.

Hands and feet for first action on mob then pwn.
 Valefor.Billyd
user: billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2012-05-17 06:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No I figured you wouldnt use thief knife, the damage is horribly low was just wondering about other TH gear.
 Valefor.Omerta
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-17 06:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
100-200 is pretty normal for thf/dnc lately depending on competition and proc luck. If you can get access to a healer mule that will help you a lot. I got really lucky the other night and landed 2 jadeshells in about 10 minutes off random NM's. Ended that run with just under 400 coins total. Without 100's I've never broke 200. Just too damn crowded in there some nights and you got people pulling everything way the hell away and sleepga it. I found EP birds in Bubu on the opposite side of the map near the beach where Onzozo entrance is. A blm/whm + thf/dnc (2 box) had them all slept.

Go kill them. If people are gonna be greedy, kill their white mobs. I play BST in Dyna (yeah arsehole etc) but it's rare i take more than two mobs, cause it just isn't fair.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-17 06:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're getting 300 singles and like very little forgotten items right?

THF is also the worst DD job in the game(if we aren't counting mage jobs meleeing...),especially when SOLO, so I doubt you're actually getting more coins than anyone on a good job for solo dyna farming.

200-250 should be the normal amount, not this 300 non-sense.

I get 260-300 solo with haste/cure mule on DNC + ~20 forgotten items, so that 300+ number seems completely insane for a job that does like 100 less DPS than mine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-17 08:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was 95, duoing w/ my friend for my Yoichi, (before I upgraded my daggers when I was using AGI Thokcha main/THF Knife offhand), I would only get what you guys were talking about about 150-200.

I gave up my THF Knife the day I went into that 1st dynamis solo and netted like 290ish coins with TH6 at 99.

It's not really hard, lol. I don't WS the mob until it's procced, once it gets procced it's not hard to run behind and almost 1-shot it with an SA - WS. SA Exenerator in dynamis using RCB averages anywhere from 2800-3500 usually, I've actually seen spikes of up to 4k.
Even normal Exenerator is pretty potent, 1700-2500ish is a lot of damage on an EP dynamis mob.

THF DoT is nothing to laugh at, when those crits/TA's start going off, a mob's HP can go down faster than you think. Crits go off for 200/hit. I can't count the number of birds in dynamis I've had to turn and hold b/c they got too low before the red "!!" procced.

Ironically though, my biggest WS number are rarely on the birds, maybe b/c they get cut off more often, Most of my biggest numbers happened on Efts.

You can believe me or not, I really don't care. But I tell you right now. I am not a liar. -_-;
 Odin.Clubber
Server: Odin
user: Clubber
By Odin.Clubber 2012-05-17 11:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yo,
I'm doing dynamis - bubu solo on THF/DNC. lux/oynos combo, avg. thief gear nothing special. I recomend working on a regen set to swap in whenever you're not fighting a mob or you have to turn around to get a proc or you link too many mobs.
dont hesitate to use exenterator whenver you have TP, the acc down effect on it helps to conserve TP in terms of getting hit less and not spending TP on waltz.
your goal should be between 200 and 250 coins, it really depends how lucky you are with multidrops, fast procs, getting TEs and competition.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-17 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Drain Samba II over Haste Samba, it makes a big difference on your TP usage. Which in turn gives you more TP for procs and WS's.

I cure myself WAAAAY less with Drain Samba II up.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-05-17 11:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Drain over haste ... rly? I guess haste does take time to proc.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 11:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

K stop lying saying you making 300. Are you hiding something, like say you have a dual box whm so you never need to cure? Are you not handling any links ever? Are you getting 4 pieces a drop lol? There is no way you averaging anything over 250 "solo". I can destroy them over and over on thf too and I can't pull 220 on a good day.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-17 12:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste Samaba also costs 45 TP, vs Drain Samba II's 25 TP. Every every time you Curing Waltz III yourself that's 50 TP gone.

All that extra TP used takes off your WS frequency.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-05-17 12:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste is 35tp.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-17 12:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
K stop lying saying you making 300. Are you hiding something, like say you have a dual box whm so you never need to cure? Are you not handling any links ever? Are you getting 4 pieces a drop lol? There is no way you averaging anything over 250 "solo". I can destroy them over and over on thf too and I can't pull 220 on a good day.

Never said I don't use Curing Waltz 3 ever, I just said I use it a lot less with Drain Samba II up.

No one ever mentioned anything about links, yes I got links on occasion, but unless it's more than one add, it's not hard to ignore lol. They have piss poor accuracy, even more so if you bring Signet along. Which, I might add makes a huge difference in your survivability. I notice the difference when I forget to get Signet.

Every little bit adds up...
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-17 12:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
Haste is 35tp.
My bad, I haven't used it in while since I've been in love w/ how much nicer Drain Samba II is for farming.
By erroneous42 2012-05-17 12:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't beat around the bush.. you're full of ***.. there, moving on.
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14