Hockey Fans!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Hockey fans!
Hockey fans!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2012-02-02 12:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ica said: »
Lynch is an evil Philly fan, don't listen to him!

Boo you!!

j/k

<3
 Cerberus.Ica
user: Ica
By Cerberus.Ica 2012-02-02 12:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 I'm just jealous this year cause the Sabres are so bad.

; ;

I don't even like admitting I'm a Buffalo fan in public...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 12:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynch is an evil Philly fan, don't listen to him!

Oh come now. I know many, many fine human beings that for whom their only shortcoming is that they're Philadelphia fans. I can look past that for them and I'll make the exception for him too. At least, aside from the 6-13 days a year (playoff possibilities!) the Penguins play the Flyers. :p
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 12:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 I'm just jealous this year cause the Sabres are so bad. ; ; I don't even like admitting I'm a Buffalo fan in public...

If there's a team more snakebit throughout their history than the Sabres, I'll eat my hat.

Not a Sabres fan anymore, but I still feel bad when they tank this badly. I still carry my hatred of Dallas. '99 still cuts deep. Add two Super Bowl losses in that decade too and they’re the only city for whose teams my distaste can match Philly.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-02-02 12:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ashmulder said: »
come on bertuzzi rocks, if it wasn t for that incident with steve moore, who didn t drop his glove even though he tried injuriy markus naslun the previous, he would still be know as a great power forward.

Thing is moore was a 4th line dirty players too, but he got scared.

sure bertuzzi hit him blind side to the head and thats not right, but in the end moore was a 26 years old player who didn t even play one full season in the nhl, was a dirty player(i mean he tried to break naslun s knee) and now he s on nhl insurance money till he dies.

in the end its the best thing that could happen to the type of player moore was.

This has been a pretty civil thread, and I really wish I didn't have to post this, but I'm not just gonna stand by and let someone make up stories to suit your needs.

1) didn t drop his glove even though he tried injuriy markus naslun the previous, ... he got scared.

Actually, he did drop the gloves. The next game the avs played with the canucks, Matt Cooke (enforcer for canucks at the time) called out moore, and they had a full out fight, and both got 5 minute majors. The only reason the crap happened with Bertuzzi was because the Avs were winning big and they figured they had nothing to lose.

2) didn t even play one full season in the nhl, was a dirty player(i mean he tried to break naslun s knee)

I don't know anything about naslund's knee, what happened during the incident was actually Naslund's fault, Moore had him lined up for a hit when naslund changed his course of motion to reach out for the puck, and ended up getting a shoulder to the head, and a concussion. There was no penalty on the play, and even after extensive review the NHL said it was clearly intended to be a clean hit

3)a 26 years old player who didn t even play one full season in the nhl

His first professional season was in 2001-02 (with the Hershey bears), and Bertuzzi assaulted him in 2003-04. In his third and final season he had played 57 games, no he wasn't going to be the next Crosby, but he was developing into a solid 3rd or 4th line guy. Again, this was only his THIRD professional season, what were you expecting, another Selanne? Don't forget, he was a 2nd round draft pick before playing for the Harvard team

4) Brian burke offered him a 2way contract

This was a stupid publicity stunt by Burke. Moore was still suffering from PCS and was not even close to being cleared by doctors to play hockey

5) in the end its the best thing that could happen to the type of player moore was

. . . Ya, this is just an ignorant thing to say.

tl;dr
In Summary, try to research some facts before you post nonsense.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
Server: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 13:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
come on bertuzzi rocks, if it wasn t for that incident with steve moore, who didn t drop his glove even though he tried injuriy markus naslun the previous, he would still be know as a great power forward.

Thing is moore was a 4th line dirty players too, but he got scared.

sure bertuzzi hit him blind side to the head and thats not right, but in the end moore was a 26 years old player who didn t even play one full season in the nhl, was a dirty player(i mean he tried to break naslun s knee) and now he s on nhl insurance money till he dies.

in the end its the best thing that could happen to the type of player moore was.

This has been a pretty civil thread, and I really wish I didn't have to post this, but I'm not just gonna stand by and let someone make up stories to suit your needs.

1) didn t drop his glove even though he tried injuriy markus naslun the previous, ... he got scared.

Actually, he did drop the gloves. The next game the avs played with the canucks, Matt Cooke (enforcer for canucks at the time) called out moore, and they had a full out fight, and both got 5 minute majors. The only reason the crap happened with Bertuzzi was because the Avs were winning big and they figured they had nothing to lose.

2) didn t even play one full season in the nhl, was a dirty player(i mean he tried to break naslun s knee)

I don't know anything about naslund's knee, what happened during the incident was actually Naslund's fault, Moore had him lined up for a hit when naslund changed his course of motion to reach out for the puck, and ended up getting a shoulder to the head, and a concussion. There was no penalty on the play, and even after extensive review the NHL said it was clearly intended to be a clean hit

3)a 26 years old player who didn t even play one full season in the nhl

His first professional season was in 2001-02 (with the Hershey bears), and Bertuzzi assaulted him in 2003-04. In his third and final season he had played 57 games, no he wasn't going to be the next Crosby, but he was developing into a solid 3rd or 4th line guy. Again, this was only his THIRD professional season, what were you expecting, another Selanne? Don't forget, he was a 2nd round draft pick before playing for the Harvard team

4) Brian burke offered him a 2way contract

This was a stupid publicity stunt by Burke. Moore was still suffering from PCS and was not even close to being cleared by doctors to play hockey

5) in the end its the best thing that could happen to the type of player moore was

. . . Ya, this is just an ignorant thing to say.

tl;dr
In Summary, try to research some facts before you post nonsense.

seem like your on the other side of the fence, your giving your point of view i game mine.

you can view it anyway you like, i still think moore was a dirty player, and im not gonna call you ignorant for it...

Also im pretty sure if it wasn t for that incident you d never have heard of dominic moore again, maybe besides being an average player in the minors.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 13:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I don't remember the specifics. I didn't follow either team and it happened at a time where I wasn't following hockey as closely in general (I was in college, had so much other stuff going on).

My ultimate point here is that regardless of what caused the incident, Bertuzzi did the wrong thing and a guy’s career was ruined because of it. All the reformation in the world doesn’t change that and it’s going to be a glaring smudge on Bertuzzi’s career. And deservedly so.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-02-02 13:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

seem like your on the other side of the fence, your giving your point of view i game mine.

you can view it anyway you like, i still think moore was a dirty player, and im not gonna call you ignorant for it...

I'm just giving the facts.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 13:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just giving the facts.

Looks more you you got insulted by my vision of thing, both what we posted is quite similar except you defend moore and i don t.

i also stated that was bertuzzi did was wrong, but that moore was far from an angel.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-02-02 13:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I;m not defending anyone, just stating what happened.
You said he didnt' drop gloves. Incorrect, he fought the enforcer right at the beginning of the game.
You said he went for Naslund's knee. Unless there was a separate game where he went after Naslund again, also incorrect.
I don't know how Steve Moore is as a person, I don't know how he would have ended up as a player. He could have been just as dirty as Cooke or Bourqe or whoever else, but there is no justification whatsoever for what Bertuzzi did, and he shouldn't be playing in the NHL.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 13:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I;m not defending anyone, just stating what happened.
You said he didnt' drop gloves. Incorrect, he fought the enforcer right at the beginning of the game.
You said he went for Naslund's knee. Unless there was a separate game where he went after Naslund again, also incorrect.
I don't know how Steve Moore is as a person, I don't know how he would have ended up as a player. He could have been just as dirty as Cooke or Bourqe or whoever else, but there is no justification whatsoever for what Bertuzzi did, and he shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

he didn t drop against bertuzzi

he injured naslun(i seem to remember he was hitting the knee can t prove it) but he did injure naslun

and i condemned the hit bertuzzi gave him.

so i really don t see how all of that warranted me to be called ignorant and posting non sense, you know insults won t make your point more valid, this thread has been very civil till now and id like it to continue that way since i love talking about hockey.
[+]
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 13:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well altar you are right moore wasn t trying to hit naslun s knee, it was a hit to the head wich would warrant a suspension in today s nhl.

i found a video of the bertuzzi hit and then moore on naslun

you can see big todd inviting him to dance before sucker punching him.

and then you see the hit from moore to the head of naslun.
[+]
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-03 10:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On a more happy note sam gagner had a 8point night yesterday!

and on a sad note Mtl lost again and have 47pts the same as carolina but with 2 more games to play...
 Bahamut.Herrmann
Server: Bahamut
user: Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2012-02-03 10:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://didgomezscore.com/

Enjoy Habs fans.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-03 10:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Herrmann said: »
http://didgomezscore.com/

Enjoy Habs fans.

lol awesome site, the guy hasn t scored in 1 year, or 57games...you know i would totally play in the nhl to score 0goal a season and get 7mils....just saying.
By Ridgual 2012-02-03 10:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's Go BRUINS!
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2012-02-03 11:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Ouch that's just rough. He used to be a pretty consistent points scorer. I've heard of slumps, but that is pretty bad. He just seemed to drop off.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-03 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lynchilles said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Ouch that's just rough. He used to be a pretty consistent points scorer. I've heard of slumps, but that is pretty bad. He just seemed to drop off.

well thing is the ranger overpaid and overated him,i mean the guy only had one season of more than 30goals then is best season is 19 and his best point seaon is 84...totally doesn t warrant his huge salary, that Mtl is quite stuck with since nobody in their right mind will want gomez.

Another interest fact, sam gagner had more points in last nights game then gomez in all the season.
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2012-02-06 12:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Flyers goaltending and stupid penalties continue to contribute to their self-destruction. They played a 20 minute game on Saturday vs. the Devils where they started the game down 6 goals. The 3rd period was the best hockey I've seen them play since November. Too bad it was too little too late.

Sunday, the Rangers continued to have the Flyer's number. The Rangers won all four matchups so far this year (6 straight going back to last season). With 2 more matchups remaining for this season, I think I'm pretty sure the Rangers are in their heads now.

Flyers could have payed a LOT less for a goalie. Bryz' contract is 9 years, $51 Million. His performance for the Flyers so far is abysmal. I know the defense in front of him should play better, and continually taking stupid penalties tilts the ice towards his net, but the amount of soft goals that make their way past him is simply unacceptable. He is NOT worth the price we paid for him.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2012-02-26 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Trade deadline tomorrow!

It's going to get interesting. Think Nash will stay put for now or go somewhere?
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-26 18:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lots of so called "experts" are saying nash will move in the draft this summer rather than tommorrow...apparently the rangers are backing down a bit in the nash race, but who knows.
 Ragnarok.Princessbubbles
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Princessbubbles 2012-02-27 11:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nash is most likely gonna stay til summer at least, they aren't going to take just anything for him. The person i'm interested in seeing is Steve Ott. He'd make a good fit with Vancouver :o, they need people willing to fight and pump people up.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-27 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Princessbubbles said: »
Nash is most likely gonna stay til summer at least, they aren't going to take just anything for him. The person i'm interested in seeing is Steve Ott. He'd make a good fit with Vancouver :o, they need people willing to fight and pump people up.

Ya id take a player like ott anytime in my team, other than that at 12h41 only one trade so far, hope it picks up in the last 2 hrs...
 Ragnarok.Princessbubbles
By Ragnarok.Princessbubbles 2012-02-27 11:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be kinda sad to lose him at the same time though, seeing as i live near dallas and go to lots of games here lol. So it would be bittersweet to have him moved xD, other people could use him but ***, i enjoy watching him play D:. Hopefully Dallas doesn't repeat the same mistake they made with Neal though... That didn't seem to work out too well for them >_>;;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [93 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2012-05-30 18:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanley Cup, anyone? oo;
Or everyone hiding because the big favourites failed allready in weird play-offs?
At least we Europeans got an interesting world championship because of that.
 Valefor.Kungg
Server: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2012-05-30 19:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a very interesting playoffs that's for sure.. lots of upsets GREAT series (series's?! /blush) out East.. LA has steamrolled the Western Conference :( /sadpanda It's going to be a great final I can't wait for the game to start!
 Leviathan.Cocien
Server: Leviathan
user: Cocien
By Leviathan.Cocien 2012-05-30 19:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While the Flyers didn't make it at least the Flyer's West made it giving me an inviting bandwagon to jump on! And Gagne is cleared!
 Ragnarok.Princessbubbles
By Ragnarok.Princessbubbles 2012-05-30 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate the kings for beating the Canucks. But I'd rather see them win than the Devils... Soooooo... Gogo LA?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8