Hockey Fans!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Hockey fans!
Hockey fans!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Ashmulder
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-01 00:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Well, we are at a little over 2 goals a game, and Quick is the only reason we are winning atm, lol.

Ya its what i meant, without quick, things would be even gloomer.
 Leviathan.Cocien
Server: Leviathan
user: Cocien
By Leviathan.Cocien 2012-02-01 08:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't *** stand Chris Pronger.
Prongs is a SAINT! How dare you blather such blasphemy!
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-02-01 08:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cocien said: »

he used to be a Pete, before he was a Saint...

^.- b

...then he went to Hartford, and got into some troubles...
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-02-01 08:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We treated him well in Edmonton when he wanted out.
His burnt house is proof. haha

ps: NO, it wasn't me personally who did it. Just a "we" from an Edmontonian standpoint.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 09:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Patron Saint of Elbows.
[+]
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-01 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

We treated him well in Edmonton when he wanted out.
His burnt house is proof. haha

ps: NO, it wasn't me personally who did it. Just a "we" from an Edmontonian standpoint.

Wasn t his wife the reason he wanted out of edmonton? or some random bs reason lol!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 12:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ashmulder said: »
We treated him well in Edmonton when he wanted out. His burnt house is proof. haha ps: NO, it wasn't me personally who did it. Just a "we" from an Edmontonian standpoint.
Wasn t his wife the reason he wanted out of edmonton? or some random bs reason lol!

I thought it was The Great One who had the wife who wantd the eff out of the cold. But maybe it's both. I mean. It is Edmonton. Not for the faint of heart. Or skinny Hollywood chicks who cry about the cold when it drops below 70.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-01 12:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
We treated him well in Edmonton when he wanted out. His burnt house is proof. haha ps: NO, it wasn't me personally who did it. Just a "we" from an Edmontonian standpoint.

I thought it was The Great One who had the wife who wantd the eff out of the cold. But maybe it's both. I mean. It is Edmonton. Not for the faint of heart. Or skinny Hollywood chicks who cry about the cold when it drops below 70.

i thought the great one s wife had illegal gambling problems!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 12:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That was while he was coaching in Phoenix, wasn't it? Her and Rick Tocchet were running some crazy gamling thing.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-01 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That was while he was coaching in Phoenix, wasn't it? Her and Rick Tocchet were running some crazy gamling thing.

Yep thats it.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-02-01 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It was -49 here with windchill a couple weeks ago. And yes, that's converted to F. Though at -40 Celsius and Fahrenheit meet up and hold hands in an "It's too *** cold, let's keep each other warm." stance.

But it was Pronger's wife that wanted out, only he talked smack before he left, and once he was gone, he still hadn't sold off the house. It got messed up pretty bad.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-02-01 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gretzky was totally devastated when he got traded from Edmonton, poor guy broke down and started bawling in the press conference, and like he said, it was a pure sale from a business point of view to the LA kings. It was pronger's wife that wanted him traded, but pronger is a pretty dirty player, fits in just perfectly with the rest of the flyers. Not nearly as bad as Bertuzzi though, can't believe he's back in the NHL.

And tim thomas... ugh, just ugh.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Natan
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kleitun
By Lakshmi.Natan 2012-02-01 15:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Princessbubbles said: »
Sucks about Crosby still being out =/. Hopefully he'll be back soon, Pittsburgh could really use him again!

Pittsburgh has Malkin and he's runnin the show now that he doesnt have to live in Crosby's shadow, its a shame that so many can like something so whiny and unable to take a hit.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-02 00:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

OOOOOOHH MAN. Kings win with .4 seconds left in the game!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 07:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
Gretzky was totally devastated when he got traded from Edmonton, poor guy broke down and started bawling in the press conference, and like he said, it was a pure sale from a business point of view to the LA kings. It was pronger's wife that wanted him traded, but pronger is a pretty dirty player, fits in just perfectly with the rest of the flyers. Not nearly as bad as Bertuzzi though, can't believe he's back in the NHL. And tim thomas... ugh, just ugh.

I know Gretzky leaving Edmonton was a business thing, but I thought where he ended up (LA) was influenced by his wife in some fashion.

Could be wrong, but I really remember hearing something about that.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 10:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gretzky was totally devastated when he got traded from Edmonton, poor guy broke down and started bawling in the press conference, and like he said, it was a pure sale from a business point of view to the LA kings. It was pronger's wife that wanted him traded, but pronger is a pretty dirty player, fits in just perfectly with the rest of the flyers. Not nearly as bad as Bertuzzi though, can't believe he's back in the NHL.

And tim thomas... ugh, just ugh.

Pronger played 3 seasons for anaheim before going with the flyers though, and come on bertuzzi rocks, if it wasn t for that incident with steve moore, who didn t drop his glove even though he tried injuriy markus naslun the previous, he would still be know as a great power forward.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 10:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and btw its big todd's bday today!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 10:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gretzky was totally devastated when he got traded from Edmonton, poor guy broke down and started bawling in the press conference, and like he said, it was a pure sale from a business point of view to the LA kings. It was pronger's wife that wanted him traded, but pronger is a pretty dirty player, fits in just perfectly with the rest of the flyers. Not nearly as bad as Bertuzzi though, can't believe he's back in the NHL. And tim thomas... ugh, just ugh.
Pronger played 3 seasons for anaheim before going with the flyers though, and come on bertuzzi rocks, if it wasn t for that incident with steve moore, who didn t drop his glove even though he tried injuriy markus naslun the previous, he would still be know as a great power forward.

That's like saying "If it wasn't for that pesky murder trial, we'd still be getting quality Naked Gun movies from O.J. Simpson."

When you commit one atrocious incident, it's going to stick with you. (edit: no pun intended. >.<) You don't get the benefit of the doubt, you don’t get “Aww, if it weren’t for that…” You did something really dumb and brazenly injurious – flat-out criminal, really – and it’s going to be your calling card. Like it or not.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 10:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like saying "If it wasn't for that pesky murder trial, we'd still be getting quality Naked Gun movies from O.J. Simpson."

When you commit one atrocious incident, it's going to stick with you. You don't get the benefit of the doubt, you don’t get “Aww, if it weren’t for that…” You did something really dumb and brazenly injurious – flat-out criminal, really – and it’s going to be your calling card. Like it or not.

Thing is moore was a 4th line dirty players too, but he got scared.

sure bertuzzi hit him blind side to the head and thats not right, but in the end moore was a 26 years old player who didn t even play one full season in the nhl, was a dirty player(i mean he tried to break naslun s knee) and now he s on nhl insurance money till he dies.

also brian burke(Who was gm in vancouver when the incident happened) offered a 2 way contract to moore when he became GM in anaheim but he decline saying he wasn t a minor league player lol.

in the end its the best thing that could happen to the type of player moore was.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 11:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand your point, but to say something like that is ever a good thing for a player -- let alone "the best thing" -- is a bit far-fetched. Bert didn't exactly do him a favor by jostling his brain to all creation.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 11:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand your point, but to say something like that is ever a good thing for a player -- let alone "the best thing" -- is a bit far-fetched. Bert didn't exactly do him a favor by jostling his brain to all creation.

As far as my point of view, keep in mind, I grew up as a Sabres fan watching Pat Lafontaine racking up points only to have his eggs scrambled and career shortened. As an adult, I've been a Pens fan and we've lost a lot of players to a lot of concussion issues (Sid obviously being the big one, but several other players too); I just think there should be zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

Yes. Also, the Matt Cooke argument. I get it. But, like Bertuzzi, he's turned his game around. He's one of the best PK players in the league. But that doesn't mean anyone should forgive and forget his past dirtiness. It's something he has to answer for going forward in the form of he gets no leniance from other players and no benefit of the doubt from officials. That's all I'm saying.

Forgiven, but not forgotten, basically.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 11:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Depens, say betuzzi hits him, he doesn t fall and breaks his spleen and Big todd gets a game misconduct, moore would have been known as a coward wich is quite bad for a dirty 4th line player, he probly would have been a marked player and since he couldn t deliver he end up in the minors. He got the incredible chance of being the "Victim"
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 11:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Depens, say betuzzi hits him, he doesn t fall and breaks his spleen and Big todd gets a game misconduct, moore would have been known as a coward wich is quite bad for a dirty 4th line player, he probly would have been a marked player and since he couldn t deliver he end up in the minors. He got the incredible chance of being the "Victim"

Forget hockey. I'm talking about as a human being.

Anything that happens like that on the ice that can damage your quality of life off the ice permanently is not “good” for them. Regardless of the professional ramifications.

I see your point and to an extent even agree with you, but I’m not willing to paint it as a positive overall for the sport.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 11:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget hockey. I'm talking about as a human being.

Anything that happens like that on the ice that can damage your quality of life off the ice permanently is not “good” for them. Regardless of the professional ramifications.

I see your point and to an extent even agree with you, but I’m not willing to paint it as a positive overall for the sport.

ya i guess im a little biased because that incident ruined one of my favorite player and the guy who got injured was a wayy dirtier player than he was.

and your right it did impact his quality of life but under the circomstance he way lucky than say your or me break our spleen working or slipping on a patch of ice.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 11:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and your right it did impact his quality of life but under the circomstance he way lucky than say your or me break our spleen working or slipping on a patch of ice.

This is always a delicate issue for me. You're right, but at the same time, the worst player in the NHL is among the best in any other league in the world, barring a few notable exceptions. So when you upset what is the norm for someone, especially by injuring them, it can’t be considered a positive. Ever.

Don’t mistake this as me feeling sorry for the aggressed, necessarily. Dirty is dirty and while he may have deserved retribution, the fashion in which it came was inappropriate.

Not saying Bert's a bad guy, or a bad player. Just that when you do something like that, you have to be aware it will stick with you. I'm sure he's come to terms with that at this point anyhow, so it's all really moot.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-02 11:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

This is always a delicate issue for me. You're right, but at the same time, the worst player in the NHL is among the best in any other league in the world, barring a few notable exceptions. So when you upset what is the norm for someone, especially by injuring them, it can’t be considered a positive. Ever.

Don’t mistake this as me feeling sorry for the aggressed, necessarily. Dirty is dirty and while he may have deserved retribution, the fashion in which it came was inappropriate.

Not saying Bert's a bad guy, or a bad player. Just that when you do something like that, you have to be aware it will stick with you. I'm sure he's come to terms with that at this point anyhow, so it's all really moot.

well actually it must still be on his mind seeing as the 15million lawsuit moore has agaisnt bert/canucks is gonna start in sept of 2012(unless they settle off court)
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
Server: Cerberus
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2012-02-02 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been a life-long Flyers fan (born, raised, and still live in Phil. PA)

I get alot of sh*t from people in-game about it too.

I only really follow the Eastern Conference so here are some thoughts:

Flyers are having a pretty underwhelming year. Our goalies are underperforming. They suck at 1 on 1 (shootouts and penalty shots) and let in so many soft goals.

Our forwards don't pitch in enough on defense which just adds to the problem. They play the puck instead of playing the man.

And they take some of the stupidest penalties imaginable at the most crucial times in the game.

Even if we can stay in the magic 8, I don't think we could beat NYR or Boston in a playoff series however. So unless they add a top-line power forward or learn to play team defense, the season is as good as over in my view.

Rangers look spectacular. I don't particularly like John Tortorella as a person, but I got to admit he has really helped shape a solid team this year. They have a legitimate chance to bring the cup back to NY.

Boston is just a beast. I mean c'mon: Their BACKUP goalie is Tukuu Rask. That's just unfair. They are a team where all five players on the ice know that they should be playing defense as well as offense. They had a good core and excellent team chemistry that has been there for a few years now.

Pittsburgh is still dangerous, I just don't know how much longer Malkin can continue to carry that team. (Signs of wear already showing in their shutout the other night.) I don't want to say Pittsburgh success is tied to the health and availability of Sidney Crosby, but Pittsburgh's success is tied to the health and availability of Sidney Crosby. The guy is a game-changer and it's very sad for hockey fans (Penguins supporters or not) to be denied having this guy healthy and on the ice.

Caps still have some potential. However, I think their staffing changes already this year are a clear indication that they have problems within the organization. I never liked Dale Hunter as a player (he was a cheap shot artist who only dropped the gloves on first line forwards...) so I don't know what qualifications he has that made him NHL coaching material. As far as I know, he never had any position behind the bench in the NHL, only AHL experience.

Florida is a surprise, but then again, look at their division. I just don't know if I can take them seriously yet. Kris Versteeg is such a "Hot & Cold" player so I am still a little shocked to see his name in some of the scoring leaders. Dineen is a ex-Flyer (and was a good one at that) so I'll give him some credit. Mikael Samuelsson looks pretty good, but I don't know if he is "superstar" material. Their roster just seems lackluster but their record clearly indicates otherwise.

Ottawa is always a sleeper, but I just can't see them catching Boston. They might be able to squeak in the playoffs if they can continue to put together some wins.

Concussions have really taken their toll on the NHL in the past few years. There has been subtle rumblings of re-instating the red line from both players and alumni. I love how much faster and energetic hockey is now as compared to the era of the two-line pass, but if we keep losing superstars to concussions then what's the point?

Anyway, back to work for me
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2012-02-02 12:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From Detroit so Wings fan :3
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-02 12:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty good assessment of the east by Lynchilles, imo.
 Cerberus.Ica
Server: Cerberus
user: Ica
By Cerberus.Ica 2012-02-02 12:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynch is an evil Philly fan, don't listen to him!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8