Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Dev] Voidwatch: Response to Feedback
[Dev] Voidwatch: Response to Feedback
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-02-01 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine the NMs that drop the popular armor pieces (Pil, Akvan, etc.) will still be the most popular. What this will do is give incentive for people who have everything from said NMs to participate in those fights again. They can potentially collect tickets to sell at likely a huge amount of money. It's hard to put an exact price on the R/Ex bodies, but given that the NQs are ~2M and the HQs ~8M, I wouldn't be surprised if the tickets sell for 5M+, especially at first.

It will depend a lot on how they divide things up. Too specific (ie. Toci's ticket) and certain tickets will be very expensive while others will be garbage. Too general (ie. VW Jueno ticket) and not only will people have their bodies and whatever other desirable items quickly, but people may also begin just fighting the easiest NMs that can drop the tickets they're after so that they can go with a smaller group/ avoid PUGs.

EDIT: Also I forgot to note how strange it is that it took them this long to implement a system that's nearly identical to the loot system for FFXIV's battlefields. Though in FFXIV's case you complete the fight and maybe you get a weapon or two in the loot pool with 1-2 'ticket' items used to purchase specific drops from that fight once you collect 10 or something (though the tickets are Ex).
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-02-01 15:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What I meant to say.
I see people spamming lower Tier NMs for slips and not doing the higher Tiers for Armor drops.

Ohhh! wait nvm I miss read this...Yea incoming Pil/Akvan/Kaggen shout spams!
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-02-01 16:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like I could benefit from having multiple characters. Get those tickets on mules and give them to my main.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-01 19:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-02-01 19:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tired of mules getting gear? Don't bring mules!
[+]
 Bahamut.Nipun
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nipun 2012-02-01 22:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just tiring. You spent all that time getting the right jobs and all that time triggering to just be rewarded with logs. And at times give you a seal. Not a 12 pack but a seal. WTF is the point. With more and more that get lucky enough to get the gear less and less people are gonna be without it when its their turn to shout for runs. I don't even use whm but I am glad i lvled it being I some how got the body from Akvan. I went to that run expecting nothing.

Seriously whats the point of triggering if you get crap. I no longer look at triggering to increase drop rate but to live out the long battle. All that time spending on these nms I could had just been fishing to get gil lol And i know this has been mentioned before, but why in the hell we getting items that are rare/ex in the chest when we already have them? I cant even take all to increase the depawn of the chest because of this.

I swear developers now in days do nothing but release demos. "lets just release this unfinished idea and patch it later." Im not saying to make it easier to kill the NMs but do something about the drops. Until then I will call this Watch me get junk NM.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-01 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Expect nothing, get everything. Expect everything, get nothing. Every time I truly give up on something, I get it - in VW.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-02-01 22:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For me I don't even really care about the absurdly random distribution of loot anymore. I am just bored to death with the actual mechanics of VW. It isn't enjoyable imo. There is nothing thrilling or suspenseful about it. Blah blah blah proc... blah blah blah temp items. Oh look that noob forgot to put up fanatics...again.

The sooner Legion, and Nyzul 2.0 go live the better.
[+]
By Chyula 2012-02-01 23:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I think will happen. e.g. Akvan drops:

Ticket tier 1 - 3
Ticket Tier 1 from band
ticket Tier 2 from bullet
and ticket tier 3 can exchange tier 1-2 items.

Need 6 of each tier to exchange for the next tier ticket, but I highly doubt that the top tier body ticket is a 1:1 exchange ratio. If that is the case then expect HQ drops flooding the game within a short amount of time and I don't think Tanaka will allow that to happen.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-02-01 23:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Tickets will be tradable and sellable.

This ***is going to encourage people to sell their tickets over giving them to loyal linkshell members who need things. Remember the kind of drama where those members bitched about not doing Nidhogg anymore, because now that no one needs an Ebody they can start mercing it? Yeah, that kind of ***is about to happen again with having to sell these tickets.

Not impressed.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-02 00:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Quote:

This ***is going to encourage people to sell their tickets over giving them to loyal linkshell members who need things. Remember the kind of drama where those members bitched about not doing Nidhogg anymore, because now that no one needs an Ebody they can start mercing it? Yeah, that kind of ***is about to happen again with having to sell these tickets.

Not impressed.
It was extremely annoying because there was only 1 pop of fafhogg after certain period of time. How can you draw the analogue with the multi-pop place, and everyone-can-pop it system?

Chyula said: »
This is what I think will happen. e.g. Akvan drops:

Ticket tier 1 - 3
Ticket Tier 1 from band
ticket Tier 2 from bullet
and ticket tier 3 can exchange tier 1-2 items.

Need 6 of each tier to exchange for the next tier ticket, but I highly doubt that the top tier body ticket is a 1:1 exchange ratio. If that is the case then expect HQ drops flooding the game within a short amount of time and I don't think Tanaka will allow that to happen.
They explicitly say they will focus on the rarer item first.
So I think Coruscanti, Mursamemaru, body from T3 Jeuno should get some priorities there.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-02-02 00:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's a good thing that VW isn't an LS friendly event, never has been an LS friendly event, and will (now) never be an LS friendly event.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-02 00:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

umad bro? I think it's great.. instead of going 0/400+ like some people have on certain bodies you can buy the tickets for them. It's a great idea I think.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 00:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

(unhappy players) I'm not happy with VW SE, I demand change! x10,000 times

*SE releases an update about the VW loot system making it easier to receive the items you actually want*

(unhappy players) NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

*SE ends up deciding it's not worth the time and effort into implementing a system like this*

I liked VW before, and this is a welcome change. It's not what people wanted and asked for, but it's a good compromise in my opinion. They didn't have to do a damn thing for us, they really didn't. VW was designed to be like this and they said it many times before. They are doing this for their players even though it is lowering the longevity of the event considerably (I personally think it was too long before, and that after the change is implemented it will be more appropriate).
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 00:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Not impressed.
Well, I think the thing is I wouldn't even do fights that I didn't need something from. And if I did to help someone because they needed bodies, I wouldn't be wasting a stone of my own, which in turn means no drops to help friends.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 01:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Good, people selling their VW tickets means I can just buy them and not deal with the drama at all!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 01:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Good, people selling their VW tickets means I can just buy them and not deal with the drama at all!

^this x1000
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 01:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

More importantly I can give my ticket to someone who actually is having rotten luck on the item they want.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 01:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, altruism
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-02 01:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

psh, why give away what you can make money on!
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-02-02 01:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cousin got Anhur Robe the other week, didn't even want it, and said he'd give to me if he could. Then this happens foisdjfidjfoisdjfdsio
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-02 01:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This change pretty much makes Voidwatch SE's first perfect event since EInherjar.

Wonder if the tickets will be usable on weapons, since Murasamemaru and Borealis are the only two items I still want from VW.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 01:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This change pretty much makes Voidwatch SE's first perfect event since EInherjar.

It's a great idea, but SE has a very high propensity towards *** things up at the implementation stage.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 01:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

It's a great idea, but SE has a very high propensity towards *** things up at the implementation stage.
Not to mention that this won't even be added for like 8 months :P
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-02-02 01:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Not impressed.
Well, it's either trade/sellable (tickets) or not (coincidence of getting the same item repeatedly, only to have it be "wasted").

Voidwatch's loot system was created to remove the idea of mercing items and bringing money to the highest echelon of importance. >_> Now money is useless toward the drops one wants, and it comes down to being patient with the RNG. Crying ensues.

Ticket system means that mercing is possible... in a way... but not THE ONLY OPTION BECAUSE AN UBAR LINKSHELL IS CAMPING UR MAWB. It's a pretty good midpoint, considering it allows people who are stubborn and would not prefer to shell out the money to simply keep trying their luck. Now you have an option either way.

Not to mention this makes it easier for people to get groups for some obscure (for the lack of a better word) rare/ex gear from T5s or something. People won't be immediately dismiss Kaggen or Akvan or Gaunab because they have all the drops already: TICKETZZZ.

TL;DR: There will be crying either way.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 02:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kerokun said: »

This is pretty much a perfect summary of the FFXI playerbase.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-02 02:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kerokun said: »

This is pretty much a perfect summary of anyone that plays video games.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 02:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh stuff like that makes me rage :x it's just like my dad telling me growing up when i did something wrong (which was everything)

use your brain and think!

later on something different..

stop thinking so much and just do!
By Kieron 2012-02-02 03:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe people are still complaining. Players blew up the forums and SE responded by creating a ticket system you can give to anyone at anytime.

This is above and beyond just throwing it in pool. Now you can make money off it or give it to a friend who's not present at the moment.

This is probably the best thing they've done in a long time.

...Now if they *** it up by "balancing", I've lost all hope.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-02 03:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I havent been reading the official forum but, who is bitching?
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35