Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-10 15:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bismarck.Greezy said: »
Why not allow users to add unobtainable items from chests to a pool so that the players who have recieved said item multiple times can make it lottable...
NVM this is a horrible idea, and can lead to enormous problems with greed...ect...
or instead of receiving the same item over and over, make the option to destroy this item to obtain cruor!
I know this doesn't really answer what you said, but just wanted to put this lame excuse of why they wont change it.

10-19-2011 12:58 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion.

It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies.

However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.

Probably a mistranslation, lemme fix it.

10-19-2011 12:58 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I forgot about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of my concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion.

It was decided that there will be many fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible so people who don't have respective jobs will obtain gear for them jobs!

However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place that only SAM/WAR can damage.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-01-10 15:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Latifah said: »
yes i understand 100% the stress on this, im 0/70+ on my heka body, but i dont complain because these new voidwatch have been released only a few days ago, i don't expect to get rare items already, even if i do 100+ runs, at least is rewarding because you get high lvl expensive magic scrolls and magician upgrade items and lots of cruor per run, unlike the horrible 2005 lot system that needed to wait 1 or 2 years to get a dalmatica for example

Have fun shouting longer and longer as time goes by. The more people that get the armor, the less people you will have to join your shouts. Rewarding? I spend almost the same or more cruor than I get, on cells. I spend 100k gil every 4 runs on voiddust since I have long since ran out. I rarely *ever* get expensive scrolls lol, more like logs.
well... i have to agree on that 100%
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-01-10 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to see how they royally *** up drops, if they do separate proc lights from drop rates a bit (that's what I got from it).

Also no more fanatics and wing spam(maybe)? It's gonna suck when you roll with sub-par people even more than it does now :(
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-01-10 15:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a friend go 0/500+ on mekira body while various mules, mage mains, and myself get their second and third bodies is absolutely disgusting. The dev team needs to get their heads out of their *** and *** this problem. They really need to be on the receiving end of having bad luck in VW and see how it is. I'm also personally over 0/400 on HQ dagger off qillin, and out of all of those fights not a single person has gotten it either. That's 0/7200+ counting the entire alliance.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-10 15:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i understand 100% the stress on this, im 0/70+ on my heka body, but i dont complain because these new voidwatch have been released only a few days ago, i don't expect to get rare items already, even if i do 100+ runs, at least is rewarding because you get high lvl expensive magic scrolls and magician upgrade items and lots of cruor per run, unlike the horrible 2005 lot system that needed to wait 1 or 2 years to get a dalmatica for example... because the long wait from LS list, or favoritism ,/no drop or getting out claimed by jp bots/ almost 1 week to wait for fafnir /behemoth/tia to pop

akvan as introduced way more than "a few days ago", scrolls are about as rare as other ***, magian upgrade items are worthless (hint, you spent more potential gil in cruor on cells per run). The whole VW system is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, there's nothing to defend about it. As soon as the one gimp gets his body 1/1, he'll never do that mob again. Eventually, all the gimps will have it then you get to proc it with 5 people /hurray, and still get nothing but logs.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2012-01-10 15:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
i think the drop rate and everything is fine, i have seen too much people already with heka's and toci's @ my server, idk why ppl are complaining, voidwatch its the only decent thing that requires dedication.. however...

1/10 with no cells, i think it's just luck... i know ppl on my server that are 0/100+ always cells
You're right, it's completely okay in 2012 in the video game industry to spend 100 (some are at 300) doing a single fight in order to obtain 1 item and not receiving it, while others who at times have no interest in obtaining it get it 1,2,3+ times.

Your opinion is noted, luck, got it. The rest of that opinion is trash.
in my opinion.. items that are very rare to get in a game is good. just saying, it gives a feel of accomplishment , but voidwatch drops rate will get modified on may update , you will see, because everyone will be doing nyz isle items+5 and voidwatch items will be irrelevant, that's how SE always change stuff when time passes.
Getting items in a video game is not an accomplishment. EBody was not an accomplishment when you spent a year spending 3h a night in DA; Hauteclair was not an accomplishment when you spent every 2 days checking your mules and split/shift camping him on RDM or PLD; getting bodies in VW is not an accomplishment if you get them because the gods at SE decide to stop shitting on you for 5s.

All of these things were random, and all of them could take significantly longer than the period of time described, and 0/300 could be nothing a year from now when people are 0/600.

You have hope for Nyzul2, people say "1000 ADL kills will get changed". Look around, the exact reason the drop rates are as low as they are, the trials as excruciatingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as they are, are because some people accept that it is okay, and that it is an accomplishment.

This logic is severely flawed, and reflects greatly upon those who bear it.
If you don't like that logic play a different game? No ones forcing this one on you. MMO's are different go try a few, I know I have.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-10 16:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Or I could not spam Voidwatch and voice my concerns for a game I've played for 9 years when I see a system so obviously flawed.

Why are people so apt to want to quit something rather than fix it
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-10 16:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should take their VW treasure system further! from now on every nm in the game will have it where when they are killed they drop their spoils to just 1 person in the pt/alliance! i think that will make it even more of an accomplishment.
 Odin.Graywind
Server: Odin
user: graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-01-10 16:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Question Concerning procs... It's bothered me a lot and I've tried to find info on multiple occasions. Has anyone figured out how to force your wyvern to use the particular elemental breath that will proc the mob?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-10 16:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shadowknoll said: »
i think the drop rate and everything is fine, i have seen too much people already with heka's and toci's @ my server, idk why ppl are complaining, voidwatch its the only decent thing that requires dedication.. however...

1/10 with no cells, i think it's just luck... i know ppl on my server that are 0/100+ always cells
You're right, it's completely okay in 2012 in the video game industry to spend 100 (some are at 300) doing a single fight in order to obtain 1 item and not receiving it, while others who at times have no interest in obtaining it get it 1,2,3+ times.

in my opinion.. items that are very rare to get in a game is good. just saying, it gives a feel of accomplishment , but voidwatch drops rate will get modified on may update , you will see, because everyone will be doing nyz isle items+5 and voidwatch items will be irrelevant, that's how SE always change stuff when time passes.
Getting items in a video game is not an accomplishment. EBody was not an accomplishment when you spent a year spending 3h a night in DA; Hauteclair was not an accomplishment when you spent every 2 days checking your mules and split/shift camping him on RDM or PLD; getting bodies in VW is not an accomplishment if you get them because the gods at SE decide to stop shitting on you for 5s.

All of these things were random, and all of them could take significantly longer than the period of time described, and 0/300 could be nothing a year from now when people are 0/600.

You have hope for Nyzul2, people say "1000 ADL kills will get changed". Look around, the exact reason the drop rates are as low as they are, the trials as excruciatingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as they are, are because some people accept that it is okay, and that it is an accomplishment.

This logic is severely flawed, and reflects greatly upon those who bear it.
If you don't like that logic play a different game? No ones forcing this one on you. MMO's are different go try a few, I know I have.

Ignorant. the game is a MMO. so if a majority of the playerbase dont like the way something is. they can voice their concerns and hope it changes. if you dont like that then you can quit and try another MMO
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-10 16:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"...So we will be looking into making it so that the connection between exploiting weaknesses and the rewards received are not too strong."

Is this stating that weakness procs will do even less than they already do... so that jobs which aren't of much use can play too? Ugh.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 16:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure hope they plan on adjusting the battles that do nearly require temporary items to reliably complete before *** with them.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-10 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Great so they're making a bunch of changes that don't really matter, and leaving the absolute garbage loot system in place.

I think I now know more people who have gotten multiple Heka's than people who haven't got one. Yet here I am at about 0/130 on it... just this weekend I organized an Akvan run for some people and the only person who got Heka's was a MNK/RNG/COR who got two of them in a row.

The loot system in Voidwatch is completely broken. It needs attention desperately.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-01-10 16:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Q_Q said:
this game feels like such a time sink. it felt like a time sink in dragon aery, it felt like a time sink in caedarva, it felt like a time sink in salvage, it felt like a time sink during trials, it feels like a time sink now in VW. it almost feels like someone is intentionally creating things that require me to sink time into such that i have to keep paying them to play. why would someone do something like that? because this game clearly isn't a time sink, someone should do something to make it not feel like one

SE said:
lolque?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-10 16:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a mmo it's normal that they want people to be stuck on long-time projects. And it seems they have chosen this drop system for that purpose.
By Chyula 2012-01-10 16:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There are only two piece of informations I get out of that long *** statement posted by Camate, in other word that ***can be summed up in 2-3 *** sentence.

1. We'll be adding more encentive to unpopular routes or NM, I can almost bet they are adding Silver mirror pouch on cities T4,and metal pouche on Jueno T3. I know silver mirror don't mean jack ***even if its a pouche drop but this is SE we are dealing with here, they think with their ***.

2. Temp item are getting a nerf, thats right! its an embrassment to take down their hard work within 3 mins of pop(Tanaka's baby).

Sometime I really wonder do SE even test out the fight before release it out, because without proc lock and temp item spam. Most of those higher tier NMs will be impossible to win.
By Starkzz 2012-01-10 16:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

shut up Chyula, none cares what you say! ty
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 16:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Being a mmo it's normal that they want people to be stuck on long-time projects. And it seems they have chosen this drop system for that purpose.

This game has always been about ***drop rates tbh, only difference here is instead of waiting until you're the person with enough points to outbid everyone else on an item, you now wait until Lady Luck favors you and lets you get what you want. A medium of being able to put items in the pool for the prior while still having the former would be preferable, but I don't see much wrong with this system.

In contrast to the days of yore, fighting these NMs that you actually want things from and seeing drops from them is far more rapid. 2 weeks to get to Odin or 2-3 days to build a few Kirin pop sets vs. popping Akvan 12 times in an afternoon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-01-10 16:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

bolded part is ok, but the original post just comes off too strongly as a troll attempt.
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2012-01-10 16:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Id much rather fight a mob 1-3 times, have a challenge where everyone is like oshit are we gonna live? get my item, and move on. Rather than killing Akvan 12times in an afternoon where not one person gets anything worthwhile.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 16:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you're playing the wrong game. It's never been like that and it likely never will be. 7/10 times my alliance gets something worthwhile in a Voidwatch run. The same could not be guaranteed in the past, nor can it be now, but the probability of seeing something worthwhile in 1 week as compared to previously has been increased dramatically.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-10 16:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, for those of you that want a hard challenge with rare drops that brings back DKP, I'm sure SE will soon pull a new pre-Alexander AV.
By Castoth 2012-01-10 16:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of my LS (myself included) are letting their accounts lapse/be cancelled once January ends. I keep logging in to FFXI sites in the hopes that new Dev notes will suddenly reverse course this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE direction Square has taken since Tanaka's triumphant return/banishment from FFXIV. Unfortunately, they refuse to change course and are trying to make this game more of a time sink (a Skinner's Box) than actually focusing on making it more fun for the average player. Considering the ones that already quit a couple months ago due to Tanaka's style of development, that will make 15-20 accounts from my LS that will no longer be paying that $15/month after January.

It saddens me, as I've played this game for nearly a decade. But with many other games and MMOs out there (most of my LS has been playing SWTOR), I can't spend another 10 years and entering middle age for a game that has taken a development route like this one has.

/sigh
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 16:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do enjoy those other MMOs like SWTOR and WoW, where it takes you 6+ hours to clear a raid instance only to get 10 tokens out of the 110 you need for your new shoulderguards, and you can only run it once a week due to instance lockouts.

You won't find asylum elsewhere, it's all the same. These are MMOs. If you want instant gratification, you'll need to find a different genre.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2012-01-10 16:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Then you're playing the wrong game. It's never been like that and it likely never will be. 7/10 times my alliance gets something worthwhile in a Voidwatch run. The same could not be guaranteed in the past, nor can it be now, but the probability of seeing something worthwhile in 1 week as compared to previously has been increased dramatically.

I said that's what i want. I know that's not the reality. I really love the good ol "wrong game for you" cop out line. I never got my duelist chapeau till after the dyna adjustments. Yea i held out hoping and wishing it would drop and i could lot back then but the thing is, im happy to know some one got something atleast. 7/10 chance? Hah. Hahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA No. your skewing it way too much to make your opinion right. I honestly dont get why they dont allow us to put something in pool for others to lot. Sure it will be favoritism because thats human nature but instead of people getting 3 heka's and not needing it, that will be 3 heka's for 3 people that need it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-01-10 16:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
this game feels like such a time sink. someone should do something to make it not feel like one

They did, it's called Abyssea...which is arguably a bigger a time sink than Voidwatch, but it's a very well disguised time sink.

All MMOs are time sinks, but the best ones hide it through great content. FFXI seemed to be headed down that route with Abyssea, but now we're back to 2009 era content and it might actually kill the game.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-10 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people are clueless as to what a healthy MMO business model entails. They're all grindfests, and that is because you can only produce content so rapidly while still making it profitable. No MMO I've every played, and likely no MMO that will ever be developed, will ever have the instant gratification systems that some people in here seem to be desiring.

Even if they did, you'd be whinging in 2 weeks time about how there's nothing to do because you've "won the game and I'm cancelling my sub QQ"!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-10 16:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
A lot of people are clueless as to what a healthy MMO business model entails. They're all grindfests, and that is because you can only produce content so rapidly while still making it profitable. No MMO I've every played, and likely no MMO that will ever be developed, will ever have the instant gratification systems that some people in here seem to be desiring.

Even if they did, you'd be whinging in 2 weeks time about how there's nothing to do because you've "won the game and I'm cancelling my sub QQ"!
Hey you copying what I said in private! :c
By Starkzz 2012-01-10 16:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

round 2
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35