Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Exenterator
Exenterator
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-17 16:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My best in dyna with this WS stacked SATA meritted 5/5 is 3266. I has used a yellow curry bun also. But thats just insane damage. Never hit that high in Dyna-Quifim before with Evis or DE.
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2011-12-17 17:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my WS setup that I used to produce my results :

Main : Mandau
Sub : Kila +3 (AGI +10)
Head : Ocelomeh Headpiece (12 DEX, 12 AGI)
Neck : Alctier's Torque (6 AGI)
Ear 1 : Altdorf's Earring (4 AGI)
Ear 2 : Wlhelm's Earring (4 AGI)
Body : Loki's Kaftan (11 DEX, 11 AGI)
Hands : Alruna's Gloves (9 AGI)
Ring 1 : Stormsoul Ring (7 AGI)
Ring 2 : Stormsoul Ring (7 AGI)
Back : Blithe Mantle (5 AGI, Dbl Atk +2)
Waist : Crudelis Belt (5 STR, 5 AGI)
Legs : Oily Trousers (5 DEX, 5 AGI)
Feet : Raider's Poulaines +2 (15 AGI)

Base AGI is 98 (6 merits out of 12 in AGI) and AGI bonus is +100.
I plan to get Ambusher's Hose (+10 AGI) and Ocelot's Gloves (+4 DEX, +8 AGI) to replace my current hands and legs. I might replace mantle with Assassin's Cape for the extra DEX for SA. Well see. More testing. Also, using Yellow Curry +1 for food testing (5 str, 2 AGI, atk +80).

As far as the WS not criting, I do agree it doesn't crit if used stand alone. With SATA, the first hit will crit and crit + modifiers do affect damage on the WS's first hit. I get better results with Gnarled Horn, Razed Ruins and Sanguine Scythe in Abyssea with SATA Exenterator than I do with a triple/double attack atma.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-17 18:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to make a nice mix of attack gear in with agi gear but not sure what that will do with this weapon skill.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-18 19:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ill post my WS set for Exenterator when im up in the morning. But fully stacked in Limbus today i hit 3.5k which i thought was pretty damn sweet. My build is a mix of AGI, DEX and ATK.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-18 20:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I put together so far.

I tossed my Denali Jacket after getting my Kaftan, before Porter Moogles existed... Also slightly gimping self on hands/neck because I'm stressed for inventory space so reusing stuff I have on other jobs.

BTW: I somehow got banned from the Mercy Stroke threads so I haven't been able to contribute there.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 20:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyeball math ahoy but I'd expect Raider's Armlets +2 to beat Schutzen Mittens unless you weren't benefitting from the attack whatsoever.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-18 20:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Eyeball math ahoy but I'd expect Raider's Armlets +2 to beat Schutzen Mittens unless you weren't benefitting from the attack whatsoever.

Despite it being 100% AGI modigied. Attack is its biggest boost.

Anguinus > Cruedelis
Mars > Epona's
Justier's Torque > Houygi's Gorget > Hope Torque
af1+1(with TA) > af3+2 with (SA) > ocelot > schutzen

im sure im forgetting some of the new gear items... but yah this is so far what ive noticed in dyna on DC mobs
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 21:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
Meaningless statement at best and outright wrong at worst given lack of quantification. Point for point AGI is significantly stronger than attack, but 20 attack and likely 2 base damage on AF3+2 should surpass 6.8 base damage.

Quote:
Anguinus > Cruedelis
Maybe. Hitrate uncapped, definitely.

Quote:
Mars > Epona's
Not unless hitrate is uncapped. Even then, not sure if you're making that trade in the proper slot.

Quote:
Justier's Torque > Houygi's Gorget > Hope Torque
Yes.

Quote:
af1+1(with TA) > af3+2 with (SA) > ocelot > schutzen
Don't need SA to make AF3+2 better than Ocelot/Schutzen, and as far as I know you should be using this WS unstacked anyway.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-18 21:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe. Hitrate uncapped, definitely.
A few people on the DNC and THF threads are saying there's may be either 1)-acc penality, or just simply because its AGI based. However, kparser on DC goblins dyna-bubu i have 1 full each run eatting red curry buns with crudelis vs anguinus. Anguinus higher averages no question.

Same with mars ring, i think, i have to run kparser for each run to isolate mars vs eponas. Its a marginal diff from just eyeballing it ill kparse that next tonight and tomm.

Don't need SA to make AF3+2 better than Ocelot/Schutzen, and as far as I know you should be using this WS unstacked anyway.
I put the the SA after af3+2 simply to compare to rogues+1 for TA. I wouldnt stack it with SA personally. TA its a good stack imo, if u dont have relic/emp ws.

Meaningless statement at best and outright wrong at worst given lack of quantification. Point for point AGI is significantly stronger than attack, but 20 attack and likely 2 base damage on AF3+2 should surpass 6.8 base damage.
ur prolly right. mars might beat eponas because of the acc on it. so yah.
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-18 21:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

What are we thinking for Hecatomb Subligar +1 vs. Ambusher Hose then?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 21:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »
What are we thinking for Hecatomb Subligar +1 vs. Ambusher Hose then?
Given THF's relatively low attack they should be very close, potentially variant based on buffs/enemy stats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kiyara
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2011-12-19 01:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Best damage I've done outside was on a decent challenge Blackwater Pugil in Toraimarai Canal with SATA Exenterator for 3586. SATA Mercy Stroke still pulls out ahead though from experience. Also, since the modifier on this WS is AGI, it is extremely hard to find armors that have AGI and attack on them. High agility build with lack of attack and STR make this WS very difficult to fully potentialize damage.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-19 06:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As promised last night this is what im using at present

I do intend to replace the Thundersoul with a AGI +7 at some point. You may see a lot of dex in there but i like to add dex to help the crit. My main gameplay as of late hasnt been in aby so i dont have RR to compensate. With this set up in Limbus i did 3502
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-19 08:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »

I do intend to replace the Thundersoul with a AGI +7 at some point. You may see a lot of dex in there but i like to add dex to help the crit. My main gameplay as of late hasnt been in aby so i dont have RR to compensate. With this set up in Limbus i did 3502

On what. weapon weakness floor?
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-19 12:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You may see a lot of dex in there but i like to add dex to help the crit.

Uh I don't think Ex can crit besides a forced crit.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-19 13:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure but my Ex range from 1.2k - 2.5k not stacked. So its giving me nice results. Imma mix it up some more, add more agility here and there, i have them Any legs thats augmentable with AGI+6. Gonna try those next time in Limbus or Dyna and see what type of results i get. Will keep ya posted
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-19 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »

On what. weapon weakness floor?

We was at Northern Temenos. Was on the Telechines (Sahagin type mobs). On the Goblins stacked i was doing 2.8k-3.2k, and demons i was doing about 2.5k. These are all stacked tho not unstacked. Weapon used main hand Triplus dagger and off hand Thief's Knife. We was just messing about in there so i didnt even realise it was on :s
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-19 13:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure but my Ex range from 1.2k - 2.5k not stacked.

A number of things can cause variance if we aren't controlling testing against a singular mob.

The issue here is that the WS description doesn't specify that the WS can/does do critical damage like Evisceration, Rampage, Ukko's Fury, Raging Rush, etc.

This generally means there is no chance to critical unless you force it through Sneak Attack or Mighty Strikes.
 Asura.Bonlack
Server: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-12-19 17:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How does denali stack up to this in comparison to loki's? Not really any definitive data or results in thread so far >.>. Denali outside loki's inside I'm guessing?

Also gear set I'm using atm is:
Head: Maat's cap
Body: Loki's
Hands: Ocelot atm but not exactly sure how the AF3+2 stack up with the high dex/str/att
Rings: Stormsoul/epona's
Earrings: Brutal/Centaurus
Legs: Ambusher's
Neck: Soil gorget
Feet: AF3 +2
Waist: Anguinis or Crudelis
Ranged: Dual wield boomerang
MIND YOU I don't have a ***load of Gil atm so I know to upgrade ocelemoh or w/e head and Justicars Neck, but any other advice would be great for inside/outside.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-19 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Denali always wins unstacked, this ws can _not_ crit without SA/TA
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-19 17:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are stacking with SA or TA, Loki's>Kaftan. If not, Kaftan>Loki's. Unless I am horribly mistaken and have lost my mind.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-19 17:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
If you are stacking with SA or TA, Loki's>Kaftan. If not, Kaftan>Loki's. Unless I am horribly mistaken and have lost my mind.

Kaftan = Loki's. You mean Denali or Jacket?
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-19 17:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

i think you answered ur own question because it seems like you lost ur mind
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Longshot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: jbik4d
By Quetzalcoatl.Longshot 2011-12-19 20:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I dusted off the old Skadi's Cuirie for this WS. 1 less AGI and 4 less Att than Denali body, but 10 Acc is nice if you're missing hits.

8 AGI
10 Acc
5 Att

Still messing with my setup though.
 Asura.Sanaki
Server: Asura
user: Tethys
By Asura.Sanaki 2011-12-19 21:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
How does this, fully merited, compare with Mercy Stroke?

Hmm outside of abyssea @ 4/5 my best was 3200. That was with AC stacked. Similarly buffed MS on same target is 3800-4300. I'll play with it at 5/5 tonight.

5500 doesn't seem like strange or unrealistic damage on the weaponskill in abbysea. I was hitting 4500 easy, not fully merited with SA (GH, RR, AaO)
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-12-19 21:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing around with Exenterator on DNC:

side by side comparison of Exenterator/Rudra's.

Rudra's will still beat it when Climactic flourish is up, but Exenterator makes a good ws for when its down or those that do not have rudra's.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-19 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »

i think you answered ur own question because it seems like you lost ur mind
I think I did, replace every instance of Kaftan with Denali, and it should make more sense lol.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-19 21:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set that I've gotten the best results with. I did my testing in dynamis valkurm. Highest was a SA tripple attack proc 3674. Averaged over 2 runs 1847 unstacked and 2736 stacked with SA. I have it 5/5
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-19 21:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »

This is the set that I've gotten the best results with. I did my testing in dynamis valkurm. Highest was a SA tripple attack proc 3674. Averaged over 2 runs 1847 unstacked and 2736 stacked with SA. I have it 5/5

Thinking of farming those earrings 4AGI earrings. Have u tested Brutal+ Drone vs those two?

This is my Trick AttackWS set.

Im tied between Mars's and Eponas.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15